PDA

View Full Version : Mafia 2.0 Release Date

DJarJar
December 10th, 2021, 11:53 AM
Hi guys. Frinckles has officially set
January 1st (1/1/2022) as the release date for mafia 2.0! :>

This means it will be getting patched over the existing 1.0 map. Your points, achievements, etc. will stay intact.
If you want to try it early, the -mafia 2.0 beta- map has already been getting more lobbies the past few days than the 1.0 map. You can subscribe via our discord rules channel to get notifications when frinckles is running tests.
Here (https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/49385-2-0-TLDR) is a summary of a lot of the changes but not all.

For example, it's missing the recent holiday update which added another new role (Street Racer/commuter), holiday music, bonus points, a pretty winter map, and other cool stuff. Even if you previously participated in 2.0 testing, I would highly recommend checking it out. A lot has changed and it's been very well-received.

Also, frinckles has been too busy pushing changes to the map and keeps putting off setting up his donation rewards but I want to shill out his donation link (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Frinckles)anyway for anybody that just wants to show him some love.

Frinckles
December 10th, 2021, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the announcement Aamirus and a special thanks to everyone who has donated or participated in the 2.0 beta. It really helps. :] Looking forward to playing more Mafia with you all throughout the Holidays.

Renegade
December 10th, 2021, 12:35 PM
Froot vendor?

DJarJar
December 10th, 2021, 12:54 PM
Froot vendor?

rip fruity boy

Frinckles
December 10th, 2021, 03:14 PM
There's a lot more in the works leading up to the release. You can always submit suggestions, bug reports or general feedback here on the forums or via the 2.0 discord channel.

ikarusdk
December 10th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Great news Frinckles! I will be there when it happens!

Btw I'm still sad about fruit vendor.

Frinckles
December 10th, 2021, 03:30 PM
Great news Frinckles! I will be there when it happens!

Btw I'm still sad about fruit vendor.

We all are, but Street Racer will be a worthy successor when im done with it.

Stealthbomber16
December 10th, 2021, 09:03 PM
Fruit Vendor was too strong. It broke reality.

mafiamafia
December 11th, 2021, 03:10 AM
Street Racer = useless Fruit Vendor + nerfed Bus Driver + nerfed Survivor

Though fundamentally a nerfed hybrid role, at least it's not useless.

Thanks to the creation of "Town Support" under the catalog, it can exist as both useful and enjoyable for the player without overburdened by high/multiple role spawns.

The "Town Support" tab is basically random roles that should be no more than 1 per town. That is a very good addition. It finally gave Citizen a legitimate place too (because being in the same spawn category as Mayor/Marshall/ML was never its rightful place).

Voss
December 11th, 2021, 08:34 AM
Fun fact, town support used to be the "weak" town roles, many years ago.

Also, how is street racer like a fruit vendor or bus driver?

Marshmallow Marshall
December 12th, 2021, 09:07 AM
It moves like a bus driver, but doesn't have a bus, just like a fruit vendor. Logic! :calix:

Drizzt
December 14th, 2021, 04:34 AM
I still think the best avatar is the ducky, but I wanted to highlight an example of a change Frinckle made that saves emotional energy. When you're lookout and you get see who visited whom, you also get their number not just their name. No more going back and forth, memorizing colors and names, or waiting for this or that screen to load so you can find out if their color matches their number.

Smart changes. Thank you Frinckles!

For anyone who hasn't explored 2.0, the update is full of role perks and quality of life updates.

Skrundead
December 14th, 2021, 09:38 AM
Agreed that best avatar is Ducky 100%

And I didn't know that Brock, that's actually amazing and a well needed QoL change!

ikarusdk
December 15th, 2021, 03:49 PM
Street Racer = useless Fruit Vendor + nerfed Bus Driver + nerfed Survivor

Though fundamentally a nerfed hybrid role, at least it's not useless.

Thanks to the creation of "Town Support" under the catalog, it can exist as both useful and enjoyable for the player without overburdened by high/multiple role spawns.

The "Town Support" tab is basically random roles that should be no more than 1 per town. That is a very good addition. It finally gave Citizen a legitimate place too (because being in the same spawn category as Mayor/Marshall/ML was never its rightful place).

Fruit vendor was one of the more powerful roles in town, albeit not as much as armoursmith. It is slightly below the level of Party Host as a guaranteed self confirming role. Frinkckles decided to remove fruit vendor because armoursmith just does the job better but that does not make it useless. I am frankly quite sick of people not understanding the potential of roles and dismiss them as weak or useless. If a role has a powerful active ability such as jailor, the role must be balanced by lacking something in another way. Take Jailor for example. The active is extremely powerful but Jailor clearly has limitations and drawbacks. People dismiss the ability to self confirm but the more you play the game the more you will realise it is very strong, if not the strongest passive ability a town person can have. Because of that, fruit vendor has no other powerful actives like other roles, and people regard this as being useless.

Reducing a newly introduced role as a hybrid between nerfed this nerfed that is redundant and makes the excitement about new roles disappear. Same thing happens with the Poisoner. People like to compare Poisoner weak/useless Arsonist or SK. But a new role is a new role, unique to its own.

The amount of time I've hosted games and people join and start causing disruptions saying this role is shit that role is bad ruins the dynamics of games. But is it a coincidence that after a period of time, they stop complaining and start actually contribute to the discussion in a constructive manner? It happens because I've witnessed it happening with you.

I am by no means trying to dig at you or single you out, but I wish people could stop being quick to judge the game and become so short sighted. I'd love to see people enjoy new roles as they are without comparing them to other older roles. Also a boring role does not mean useless because there is no such thing as useful or useless roles. Even Scumbag has it's own way of having fun if played right.

Marshmallow Marshall
December 15th, 2021, 07:22 PM
Fruit vendor was one of the more powerful roles in town, albeit not as much as armoursmith. It is slightly below the level of Party Host as a guaranteed self confirming role. Frinkckles decided to remove fruit vendor because armoursmith just does the job better but that does not make it useless. I am frankly quite sick of people not understanding the potential of roles and dismiss them as weak or useless. If a role has a powerful active ability such as jailor, the role must be balanced by lacking something in another way. Take Jailor for example. The active is extremely powerful but Jailor clearly has limitations and drawbacks. People dismiss the ability to self confirm but the more you play the game the more you will realise it is very strong, if not the strongest passive ability a town person can have. Because of that, fruit vendor has no other powerful actives like other roles, and people regard this as being useless.

Reducing a newly introduced role as a hybrid between nerfed this nerfed that is redundant and makes the excitement about new roles disappear. Same thing happens with the Poisoner. People like to compare Poisoner weak/useless Arsonist or SK. But a new role is a new role, unique to its own.

The amount of time I've hosted games and people join and start causing disruptions saying this role is shit that role is bad ruins the dynamics of games. But is it a coincidence that after a period of time, they stop complaining and start actually contribute to the discussion in a constructive manner? It happens because I've witnessed it happening with you.

I am by no means trying to dig at you or single you out, but I wish people could stop being quick to judge the game and become so short sighted. I'd love to see people enjoy new roles as they are without comparing them to other older roles. Also a boring role does not mean useless because there is no such thing as useful or useless roles. Even Scumbag has it's own way of having fun if played right.

Good post. The close-mindedness you are denouncing is really sad and limits the potential of the Arcade game, and is actually a big reason why I switched to forum mafia entirely (basically unlimited setup creativity). Jailor is probably the strongest non-government role in the game due to the fact it can do almost everything: kill, protect, self-confirm, create a private night chat, roleblock. In fact, it is so strong it will usually be deemed OP in most games and most communities xD. I like your way of viewing the game, and I like the fact you're exposing it without making people feel bad about being alive :) best of luck in your games!

mafiamafia
December 16th, 2021, 03:00 AM
The cell phone, the brain alien spaceship, and the ducky are all op.

Frinckles
December 16th, 2021, 01:22 PM
The cell phone, the brain alien spaceship, and the ducky are all op.

All made by the same talented modeler. If you have a program to view .m3 files you can check out his assets here https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/delphinium

Or, open the map editor, open the import editor, import the models and textures and click save to view them.

mafiamafia
December 16th, 2021, 11:11 PM
Once sound settings are officially fixed, make "#1 Crush" by 'Garbage' play for 10 seconds to the player who gets loved.

kek