PDA

View Full Version : Closing down

Voss
October 29th, 2021, 11:50 AM
Hey all,

I've been mulling it for a while, but I think I'm going to close down the narrator for intended public use. Post(?) covid has got me eyeing a less screen time life. Or in other words, I'd like to enjoy real life more than I've been doing. Building and maintaining a game is fucking hard and lonely work. Don't get me wrong though, I've had a blast building it and thrills playing it with all y'all. But I think anymore work I'm going to do with this would be infrastructure work and work to allow me to play this strictly in real life (because I still love the game mafia).

Shoutout to Unknown for probably being the #1 supporter. I believe he played one of the first iterations back in 2015 and many others since.

Thanks for the community here.

-Voss

OzyWho
October 29th, 2021, 11:56 AM
Just to clarify, this includes the games you guys play on Discord sometimes?

Renegade
October 29th, 2021, 12:01 PM
FeelsBadManFeelsBadManFeelsBadMan

Voss
October 29th, 2021, 12:04 PM
I'll be disabling the discord integration, as I won't be continuing updates for it.

SuperJack
October 29th, 2021, 12:45 PM
Bless you deserve to enjoy your life <3

DJarJar
October 29th, 2021, 01:09 PM
:(

OzyWho
October 29th, 2021, 01:16 PM
Hey all,

I've been mulling it for a while, but I think I'm going to close down the narrator for intended public use. Post(?) covid has got me eyeing a less screen time life. Or in other words, I'd like to enjoy real life more than I've been doing. Building and maintaining a game is fucking hard and lonely work. Don't get me wrong though, I've had a blast building it and thrills playing it with all y'all. But I think anymore work I'm going to do with this would be infrastructure work and work to allow me to play this strictly in real life (because I still love the game mafia).

Shoutout to Unknown for probably being the #1 supporter. I believe he played one of the first iterations back in 2015 and many others since.

-Voss
I'm happy you made a choice for your mental health and general happiness. ��

Unknown1234
October 29th, 2021, 02:27 PM
Happy to see you making this choice for yourself, I know it’s not an easy one but hopefully it will pay off for you in the long run. I’m glad to have been apart of this :)

Light_Yagami
October 29th, 2021, 09:00 PM
Hey all,

-Voss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGytDsqkQY8

Helz
November 8th, 2021, 05:17 PM
I know how hard it is to walk away from a long term project you care about and how it feels to force yourself to push on working on it when it costs you moments in life. I hope this decision brings you enjoyment and if it matters I think what you did do was huge. I can not imagine how many hours you poured into it all but it’s good to see you putting yourself first.

Voss
November 8th, 2021, 06:37 PM
I know how hard it is to walk away from a long term project you care about and how it feels to force yourself to push on working on it when it costs you moments in life. I hope this decision brings you enjoyment and if it matters I think what you did do was huge. I can not imagine how many hours you poured into it all but it’s good to see you putting yourself first.

I really appreciate this. It is hard to let go, but I'm not going to be in my 20s forever.