PDA

View Full Version : The Framer Ploy (WIP)

fm Lysergic
February 5th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Okay, I just thought of interesting ploy we may be able to pull off to clear two of us as town. So far, I have analyzed it and don't think any town power night action can actually counter this. The eventual result would be that town of us are cleared as power town, and we can begin clearing the rest of you.

The Plan:
Night 1:
The framer(FM Fred/FM BlastYoBoots) visits me at night to hide me as a Private Eye. So in case someone watched me tonight, they would be able to verify that FM Fred/FM BlastYoBoots actually DID visit me last night.

Day 1:
5-10 hours in the day, one of our framers claims he is a Private Eye and that he has checked me(investigated) with the following investigation result OR he got me as Mafia and he is a Sheriff (not sure on this yet).
*Private Eye/Bodyguard/Arsonist/Blackmailer/Thief* <-This can be changed, I just like to keep my options open.

I will sound completely caught off guard and 'pretend' to be mafia for a bit. First, I will denounce the claim, calling it stupid. Then, as time passes, I will admit that my accuser is probably town but retarded.

During this time, town should be splitting their votes on the Framer and me, respectively. I expect that most of them will lean towards lynching me. I will try my best to ensure that our framer is never under any real threat of being lynched.

Once the votes on me climb to 10-15, I will convince the town that they are all retarded for wasting their time on lynching two of the most active players when mafia are probably lurking. This is very important and I will ensure that they do not harm either of us with my reasoning skills. If the lynch goes too high on either of us, I will simply claim Private Eye and reaffirm that the framer was telling the truth. Any of you mafia that were previously voting us should immediately cancel your votes. Provide a brief description of why you suddenly trust us, but do not proclaim you allegiance or anything. From this point onward, we will "coordinate" our night checks.

From night 2 onward, one framer can hide me again(the other one) and I will never be found.

Cost/Benefit Analysis:

Benefits: We clear two mafia members to make them appear as town right off the bat. There is no way to track this behavior in night actions because the only night action that mattered was the Framer visiting me. Our story fits perfectly in with this. Even if the thief decides to steal from me, he will only get investigation results, and will be unable to find out my role. One of us can clear a mafia every night and the other can use our real consig results to 'clear' a town every night. We can alternate doing this. Then, we can always kill the 2nd consig result we get each night.

Even if one of us dies, the other can always say he never trusted him from the start. We aren't necessarily on the same team, town just thinks we are working together because one of us gained the trust of the other.

i.e. Fyodor & Viteslav relationship as opposed to Fyodor & Leonid relationship. It is an important distinction that we must make during day chat.

Costs: One of us might get jailed the following night. (I don't even see this as a bad thing)

Thoughts?

fm Lysergic
February 5th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Another benefit: Town roles will probably give us guns and bodyguard/heal us. We will not die to scum because they will be afraid of these possibilities. We can only really die to Jailor/Vigilante imo.

A potential cost: Day could backfire and one of us could get lynched due to unforeseen circumstances. (I don't even know how this is possible, but let's assume it is for the sake of argument)

Even if that did happen, our maximum loss out of that entire ploy was 2 mafia members. It's not unrecoverable. Its not an all-in, but merely a risky wager.

fm Fred
February 5th, 2012, 06:15 AM
I'll go along with this as long as blastyoboots does it :p

fm Lysergic
February 5th, 2012, 06:41 AM
I'll go along with this as long as blastyoboots does it :p
I'm down with that. Goon, you wanna talk about this on skype and figure it out quicker? We can set up a time and get shit DONE. BITCHES GONNA GET RAPED TONIGHT!

Forum Mafia GM
February 5th, 2012, 07:58 AM
I would just like to remind you of rules #1 and #7. I have Dust on the reserve list just waiting for me to replace you.

fm Fred
February 5th, 2012, 09:19 AM
try not to get modkilled falsetruth, you are looking like our best player at the moment

fm Suicidaln00b
February 5th, 2012, 09:34 AM
try not to get modkilled falsetruth, you are looking like our best player at the moment

Yes, I would appreciate if you were not modkilled. You have very thought provoking input. I hope Yayap doesn't get tired of repeating them

fm TheJackofSpades
February 5th, 2012, 12:19 PM
This could work, but I am worried about vig/spk/and sk. :'(

fm Suicidaln00b
February 5th, 2012, 12:54 PM
This could work, but I am worried about vig/spk/and sk. :'(

But Lysergic would've been on the top of my hit/check list. So attention will be drawn to him by someone. It's better than just leaving him out to dry. We will still have 1 of each role lost, so it's not too bad.
So if we don't do it-
Possible Outcomes:
We don't do it: might save a framer- assuming that both lysergic is attacked and it's a spree killer. If not then framer will be safe from Sk, etc. but Lysergic will likely die.
We don't do it: Lysergic is not targeted by a killing role, but an investigative role checks him. Lysergic can be mentioned, interrogated, kept tabs on. COULD result in his being lynched.
We do do it: Lysergic is targeted by a killing role and dies, framer dies if there's a spree killer. -2 mafia (1 that was pretty much gonna happen either way) and we still have 1 of each role.
Or Framer lives and Lysergic dies. No harm done in trying.
We do do it: Lysergic is investigated, we execute his plan, he has a greater chance of being protected from killing roles, gains towns trust, and will clear our framer as well. win win

fm Elixir
February 5th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Spree Killer doesn't kill it's target, just to clarify. Only those that visit his target.

fm Suicidaln00b
February 5th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Spree Killer doesn't kill it's target, just to clarify. Only those that visit his target.

Then we just lose a framer. (no offense framer) But i'm sure that someone will act to where they would kill lysergic. or effect him someway.

fm BlastYoBoots
February 5th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I dont care. I am currently tied up with work so skype will not work. Also I feel this plan has far too many chances to backfire and draw too much attention to us. It should be used day 2 at the earliest. Let some town claim first and see what happens during day 1.

fm Suicidaln00b
February 5th, 2012, 02:34 PM
I dont care. I am currently tied up with work so skype will not work. Also I feel this plan has far too many chances to backfire and draw too much attention to us. It should be used day 2 at the earliest. Let some town claim first and see what happens during day 1.

Pretty much the only backfire is that the framer dies....lysergic is expected to die.

fm TheJackofSpades
February 5th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Pretty much the only backfire is that the framer dies....lysergic is expected to die.

Exactly and this is my view.
Plan works: D1 = 1 death, 2 mafia confirmed as inno.
Plan fails: D1 = 1 death, framer is lynched.

fm Suicidaln00b
February 5th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Exactly and this is my view.
Plan works: D1 = 1 death, 2 mafia confirmed as inno.
Plan fails: D1 = 1 death, framer is lynched.

Sounds like a fair bargain haha

fm TheJackofSpades
February 5th, 2012, 03:17 PM
And through the sacrifice of one, brings the popo out da wood work.

fm Suicidaln00b
February 5th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Exactly. Then we get mafioso #2 to go have some fun :D

fm Lysergic
February 6th, 2012, 02:22 PM
BTW WIP stands for work in progress. LOL @ you guys using that as an acronym for my plan. :D