PDA

View Full Version : Our Domain

fm Lysergic
February 4th, 2012, 04:31 PM
If any of you choose to fuck around, lurk, and ruin the game for us, I will persoanlly ask for your modkill and subsequent replacement.

Fill out this form so we all can get to know one another better. I'll go first.

COM ID:
Role:
General thoughts on the setup:
Possible Ploys you intend to try out:

COM ID: FalseTruth
Role: Consig
General thoughts on the setup: Its a pile of rotting, unbalanced feces BUT I'm willing to try it our for the sake of experimentation.
Recent Chat with Yayap:
[2:05:03 PM] pokedwhenever: experimentation is the only method of achieving progress
[2:05:05 PM] pokedwhenever: Yes, the game is probably horribly broken
[2:05:14 PM] pokedwhenever: But, so what?
[2:05:44 PM] pokedwhenever: If it's broken in one aspect, then achieving a win for the unfavored party becomes more of an achievement
[2:06:01 PM] pokedwhenever: I don't see anything wrong in that

Possible Ploys you intend to try out: Claim a power role, gain towns trust. Clear a few of you, but also some obvious townies.

fm Fred
February 4th, 2012, 04:47 PM
COM ID: McPwnage

Role: Framer

General thoughts on the setup: There are a ton of hidden roles so fakeclaiming should be pretty easy, though I would prefer to keep things safe. Given we have ten members I like our chances, though it remains to see if we will all be active. I like my alternate hide ability as it will be crucial to a strategy, with two framers we should have a lot of options to confuse townies.

Possible Ploys you intend to try out: If I try anything it might be pretending to be sheriff/invest and saying I checked a role that I framed that night. I'm not sure generally my past mafia play in FMIII and MFMIV was about trying to stay under the radar. Worked a lot better in MFMIV given I am much more experienced with forum mafia now.

fm Lysergic
February 4th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Possible Ploys you intend to try out: If I try anything it might be pretending to be sheriff/invest and saying I checked a role that I framed that night. I'm not sure generally my past mafia play in FMIII and MFMIV was about trying to stay under the radar. Worked a lot better in MFMIV given I am much more experienced with forum mafia now.
This is a decent idea. However, I would advise that you hold off ont his for a while due to what happened in the previous FM with Matvei. They may actually choose to lynch the person who claims he knows mafia as opposed to the actual person he claims is guilty. Additionally, I would advise that you claim something more along the lines of that Detective/Lookout dual role. It makes the claim seem more authentic and more believable because no one really thinks of accusing someone like that.

Glad to have you on the team McPwnage!

fm Archangel
February 4th, 2012, 05:17 PM
COM ID: oops_ur_dead
Role: Dark Thief
General thoughts on the setup: cool
Possible Ploys you intend to try out: i dunno lol

fm Archangel
February 4th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Also naming our role is a bit pointless, considering that they're all listed in the sticky.

fm Elixir
February 4th, 2012, 05:23 PM
COM ID: Dimwit
Role: Mafioso
General thoughts on the setup: Looks like a lot of fun to me. As far as the new mechanics go, I'm excited for them; I'm interested in seeing how they play out.

Possible Ploys you intend to try out: Don't really know, yet. Mafioso makes it somewhat difficult to false claim really much of anything without a simple check by most town PRs can prove it wrong.

It has been noted in both last FM and a previous MFM that my lexicon is obvious, so that's the first thing i want to address for myself: try to act, speak and argue like someone else, or act like a town-Dimwit and argue, challenge, and debate pro-town in scum hunting. The latter would undoubtedly include some of you, as most of it will be built off of other peoples claims.

I think that myself and the other Mafioso should execute our kills in alternative capacities. One killing specific, well discussed and chosen targets, the other rolling the dice and gamble hitting anyone that isn't obviously anything, those that are doing well in looking nonchalant.

fm Kromos
February 4th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Com ID: MotoShadow
Role: Consig
General thoughts on the setup: Seems cool but I feel bad for those who got citizen.

Possible Ploys you intend to try out: Find all killing roles that are not mafia and then trick town to lynch during the day.

fm Fred
February 4th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Sweet Dimwit is here, team eternity never dies! With writing style I will be trying to edit my posts more than usual in the day chat so that I don't stand out.

fm BlastYoBoots
February 4th, 2012, 05:42 PM
COM ID: Goonswarm
Role: Framer
General thoughts on the setup: Cool concept, lets see what happens. Also lol im scum again as usual, which I am ok with.

Hi guys, wat do?

fm Elixir
February 4th, 2012, 05:48 PM
So, so far we have:
FalseTruth
Oops_ur_dead
Goonswarm

Anyone else feel a little stacked?

fm Elixir
February 4th, 2012, 05:50 PM
That's not a slight at Jesus, Shadow or myself, but that's 3 mods.

fm Elixir
February 4th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Hey Goon, you never responded to me; ooc

Any relation to Goonswarm of Eve?

fm TheJackofSpades
February 4th, 2012, 05:53 PM
COM ID: Grimrailer
Role: Mafioso
General thoughts on the setup: I see nothing wrong with it yet. First FM
Possible Ploys you intend to try out: Not sure yet, not sure what is SAFE to say.

fm Lysergic
February 4th, 2012, 06:00 PM
So, so far we have:
FalseTruth
Oops_ur_dead
Goonswarm

Not to mention Elixir, Jack, and Boots. HORY SHYT!

Mod != good at FM. I don't think we are particularly stacked, but its definitely a great team.

Forum Mafia GM
February 4th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I think that myself and the other Mafioso should execute our kills in alternative capacities. One killing specific, well discussed and chosen targets, the other rolling the dice and gamble hitting anyone that isn't obviously anything, those that are doing well in looking nonchalant.

Just to clarify, your team has 1 kpn, you get to choose which mafioso does the kill, not send both.

fm Elixir
February 4th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Just to clarify, your team has 1 kpn, you get to choose which mafioso does the kill, not send both.

Nerfed Night 1. Yap agrees, we're destined to win.

fm Elixir
February 4th, 2012, 06:05 PM

But seriously, in this case, I think we should alternate night kills, that way if one of us is lynched or killed, the other one is starting his leveling process at 1.

fm Elixir
February 4th, 2012, 06:07 PM
But seriously, in this case, I think we should alternate night kills, that way if one of us is lynched or killed, the other one isN'T starting his leveling process at 1.

-fixed-

fm TheJackofSpades
February 4th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Can I kill first? I am Miles ahead of you guys. :P

fm BlastYoBoots
February 4th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Hey Goon, you never responded to me; ooc

Any relation to Goonswarm of Eve?

Yes, also I have never won a FM and I is noob.

fm Suicidaln00b
February 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM
So, so far we have:
FalseTruth
Oops_ur_dead
Goonswarm

Well I'm completely new to forum mafia, so it levels out a bit, possibly also since I'm the gf. And i have horrible luck with it.

COM ID: Blazer
Role: The Godfather
General thoughts on the setup: Should be interesting and fun.
Possible Ploys you intend to try out: N/A (still in development and taking suggestions.

fm Elixir
February 4th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Yes, also I have never won a FM and I is noob.

It was really more a reference to the fact that we have 3 mods. I really don't pay attention to the way others play in that regard. I'm still solidifying my own game, judging others is not something I do, at least not yet. I couldn't even tell you how well Jesus plays, despite the fact that we were on the same team in FM VI.

I'll tell people they suck during a game, but that's to provoke them, and only to provoke them. Or I'll give props, but I won't remember who it was a week later.

fm Elixir
February 4th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Well I'm completely new to forum mafia, so it levels out a bit, possibly also since I'm the gf. And i have horrible luck with it.

General thoughts on the setup: Should be interesting and fun.
Possible Ploys you intend to try out: N/A (still in development and taking suggestions.

I think GF should play like a noob Jester, and even somehow accidentally slip that you're Blazer at some point; being a fresh face would make it easier to believe that you're just a shitty Jester.

It'd be fun to watch, anyways. It's hard to decide what to claim or play as when we don't know invest pairings or the manner in which invest info is phrased in the PMs.

fm Suicidaln00b
February 4th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Not to mention Elixir, Jack, and Boots. HORY SHYT!

Mod != good at FM. I don't think we are particularly stacked, but its definitely a great team.

However this is my first FM. Totally new and have horrible luck as Godfather...

General thoughts on the setup: Seems pretty cool and interesting. First one, so it looks good.
Possible Ploys you intend to try out: N/A Currently being planned and opinions or ideas accepted.

fm Suicidaln00b
February 4th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Sorry for the double post :P

And i can troll and spam and act like a jester.

fm Elixir
February 4th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Sorry for the double post :P

And i can troll and spam and act like a jester.

I wasn't suggesting that you act like a jester, I was suggesting you act like a noob playing jester playing something else. i.e. you claim sheriff when it is likely that you are not, make contradictory sheriff claims about obvious town and get even more ridiculous with your claims when you are in danger of being lynched. At some point, someone or even one of us would say, "obvious jester is obvious" and we watch as people back off and assume that you're Jester until it becomes obvious that you're not.

It's just an idea, and probably not the best one. It's a hardcore gambit with the godfather.

fm Suicidaln00b
February 4th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I wasn't suggesting that you act like a jester, I was suggesting you act like a noob playing jester playing something else. i.e. you claim sheriff when it is likely that you are not, make contradictory sheriff claims about obvious town and get even more ridiculous with your claims when you are in danger of being lynched. At some point, someone or even one of us would say, "obvious jester is obvious" and we watch as people back off and assume that you're Jester until it becomes obvious that you're not.

It's just an idea, and probably not the best one. It's a hardcore gambit with the godfather.

but it just might work...I'm not sure what else I can claim as a godfather.
Anyone else have any input they would like to share?

fm Suicidaln00b
February 4th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Yeah if nothing else comes up I think that I will just randomly call someone out as mafia and make an "obv jester is obv".

Possibly some trolling or spamming as well....? hmmm.

fm TheJackofSpades
February 4th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah if nothing else comes up I think that I will just randomly call someone out as mafia and make an "obv jester is obv".

Possibly some trolling or spamming as well....? hmmm.

Do it I will help if I can, my first time too <3

fm Suicidaln00b
February 4th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Do it I will help if I can, my first time too <3

Hahaha. Why not, crazies like company! :D

fm TheJackofSpades
February 5th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Done and done. Can't be too serious.

fm Sumikoko
February 6th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Com ID: Landstander
Role: Hooker
General thoughts on the setup: Confused.
Possible Ploys you intend to try out: Trying to stay afloat.

fm Suicidaln00b
February 6th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Com ID: Landstander
Role: Hooker
General thoughts on the setup: Confused.
Possible Ploys you intend to try out: Trying to stay afloat.

Nice to have you Landstander.
If you haven't submitted your orders to the GM yet, I gave him yours.
Your drugging Philie with a purple pill