PDA

View Full Version : Discord Mafia Group!

SuperJack
April 23rd, 2021, 01:02 AM
Sup folk. We are trying to put together some Discord Mafia group!

It will primarily be voice chat. We are going to see how it runs and find the most comfortable way to Play it.

This Saturday or Sunday evening/night we will try go gather some folk for a Game. Would be cool if you could come along and being a friend.

https://discord.gg/UscPBgVV

OzyWho
April 23rd, 2021, 01:28 AM
Tbh that's not something that I'm interested in. Just letting you know beforehand. :rolleyes:

SuperJack
April 23rd, 2021, 01:45 AM
Tbh that's not something that I'm interested in. Just letting you know beforehand. :rolleyes:

It's cool ^^ People are welcome to observe and just watch n listen.
I'm trying to help myself getting over hating my own voice :P

blinkskater
April 23rd, 2021, 01:53 AM
I mean stop being a noob and make lasting invites μ₩μ

SuperJack
April 23rd, 2021, 01:55 AM

I like to tease ;)

SuperJack
April 24th, 2021, 05:34 AM
^^ I'll make sure to download some SC2 incase we end up doing some gaming.

theoneceko
April 24th, 2021, 10:24 AM

OMG!!! UWU!!!

theoneceko
April 24th, 2021, 10:26 AM
μ₩μ!!!

OzyWho
April 25th, 2021, 12:57 AM
^^ I'll make sure to download some SC2 incase we end up doing some gaming.
I want to give you a list of some Arcade games in case you guys will do an Arcade night someday.
Idk how many of them still work. These are EU names.

First, 3 games that I think there's at least 1 member in this community who plays them:
ice baneling escape (mrmostache)
runling run (ceko. Terrible map for arcade night imho, Survivorling Arena is better)
parasite (mm)

Now to the actual list: (not properly grouped most likely)

Tag or Hide and Seek Games
Cube Tag -(may be imbalanced)
Doodad Hunt
Hide'n Seek
Moo!
Unreal Freeze Tag
Сюни & Унитаз
Hungry Hungry Arena

Arena Games
Ant Colonies
Archers
area21
bomberbot
Smashcraft
Spider Mine Arena vBeta
Fatty Fight
GridFall

Hidden Role Games (I like better name)
Barcraft
Hide and Kill (Assassins)
Murder EU

Miscellaneous
Raynor Kart
Raynor Party Revival
Photon Cycles Reworked
Pictionary
Infestation_Installation -(lol @ at there being a first-person shooter game in SC2)

Ball Games
Extreme Dodgeball
StarDodgeBall -(one of the dodgeball games was shit the other was good. i forgot which was which)
Zealot Hockey
Push Football Remastered
Ultimate Frisbee

Escape or Puzzle Games
Saw The Horror Game
Space Platform Escape

Idk what they are but I saw them in replays folder Games
Haunted Forest (EU)
Impossible Scenario Probe (Updated)

Other
Then there are the classical SC2 maps, like Monobattle, macro micro, peepmode or obs, Phantom Mode (this one could be under Hidden Role Games).
Ofc TD maps are a lot and easy to find.

Not all of them are good (some might be just for 4-6 players too), and I know I'm missing some at least from what I've played.

OzyWho
April 25th, 2021, 01:00 AM
Doodad Hunt
Hide'n Seek
Moo!
Raynor Party Revival
Photon Cycles Reworked
Pictionary
1 of the dodge ball games

^
I think those are ok

SuperJack
April 25th, 2021, 04:28 AM
Ey OzyWho
I was thinking this haha! Great minds eh :p

But yeh tonight I hope on getting a few peeps in a sc2 party.!

SuperJack
April 25th, 2021, 04:36 AM
So tonight seems we can get a few. The more the merrier!

Oberon
April 25th, 2021, 05:09 AM
I'll join if this is a thing

Marshmallow Marshall
April 25th, 2021, 08:26 AM
I'll try and probably fail to join

Voss
April 25th, 2021, 08:34 AM
I did not see this or I would have likely joined

Voss
April 25th, 2021, 08:34 AM
Sorry ;(

OzyWho
April 25th, 2021, 09:13 AM
I did not see this or I would have likely joined

Sorry ;(
The link got updated btw.

SuperJack
April 25th, 2021, 12:36 PM
Btw this is still a thing tonight

Renegade
April 25th, 2021, 12:48 PM
Might not be able to play tonight (mic is broken) but joined for future, looks fun. Thanks

theoneceko
April 26th, 2021, 06:25 PM
Oh my god. Why did you list so many games... FUCK!!!

Obby, why did you and ruwumox change your avatars to some wack. you know what, nvm.

SuperJack
April 29th, 2021, 07:14 AM
Plan on another fun saturday/sunday afternoon/evening/night. ^^

SuperJack
May 1st, 2021, 12:50 AM
A gathering will occur today in the voice chat ^^

Frinckles
May 5th, 2021, 10:28 AM
Doodad Hunt
Hide'n Seek
Moo!
Raynor Party Revival
Photon Cycles Reworked
Pictionary
1 of the dodge ball games

^
I think those are ok

Your lists are missing photon discs and bomberman :P

Oberon
May 5th, 2021, 10:53 AM
Final Frontier is another great map, but it's not fast paced (it's an RTS game).

OzyWho
May 5th, 2021, 10:56 AM
Your lists are missing photon discs and bomberman :P
Idk photon discs, but the bomberbot version of bomberman has about 100x more reviews than bomberman arena so I'll assume it's better.

This list didn't matter tbh. They couldn't get enough players for almost any of these games to be fun, not to mention that most aren't interested in SC2 Arcade nights - they rather play a game night on Steam. :S

Frinckles
May 5th, 2021, 11:01 AM
Idk photon discs, but the bomberbot version of bomberman has about 100x more reviews than bomberman arena so I'll assume it's better.

This list didn't matter tbh. They couldn't get enough players for almost any of these games to be fun, not to mention that most aren't interested in SC2 Arcade nights - they rather play a game night on Steam. :S

Blizzard dropped the ball with the arcade. :/

Marshmallow Marshall
May 5th, 2021, 12:06 PM
The only genuinely good arcade games that are still alive are Parasite and Mafia. The rest is either uninteresting or dead. :(

OzyWho
May 5th, 2021, 12:55 PM
The only genuinely good arcade games that are still alive are Parasite and Mafia. The rest is either uninteresting or dead. :(
Pretty sure Zealot Hockey still has yearly draft league on both - NA and EU - servers, with 100+ members each. (though it's a very private community)
TD maps Squadron TD and Mines and Magic still have regular competitive tournaments.
I'm willing to bet Desert Strike is the same. At the very least, inter-clan skirmishes.
Probes vs Zealots I imagine could still have a competitive community, but not sure maybe it's dead
Ice Baneling Escape still has speedrun records getting broken, though I agree the game is largely dead. If the Koreans ever manage to break a record, the westerners will be sure to come out of hyberbation though.

Idk what you mean by uninteresting and dead tbh. Like take Starjeweled for example: sure, it looks dead publicly, but if you're into it then you'd have a good handful of people to challenge. There's many small little private communities like that.

Renegade
May 5th, 2021, 02:11 PM

Nexus Squadron Strike.

I can teach you how to play.

Random unit costs each game make it so much more interesting than Desert Strike and whatever else is out there.

Auwt
May 5th, 2021, 03:06 PM
Pretty sure Zealot Hockey still has yearly draft league on both - NA and EU - servers, with 100+ members each. (though it's a very private community)
TD maps Squadron TD and Mines and Magic still have regular competitive tournaments.
I'm willing to bet Desert Strike is the same. At the very least, inter-clan skirmishes.
Probes vs Zealots I imagine could still have a competitive community, but not sure maybe it's dead
Ice Baneling Escape still has speedrun records getting broken, though I agree the game is largely dead. If the Koreans ever manage to break a record, the westerners will be sure to come out of hyberbation though.

Idk what you mean by uninteresting and dead tbh. Like take Starjeweled for example: sure, it looks dead publicly, but if you're into it then you'd have a good handful of people to challenge. There's many small little private communities like that.

Yeah I remember PvZ, was a fun arcade game, used to play it several years ago.
Haven't seen so much on the NA server, but EU is still having some games played lately iirc.

Lumi
May 5th, 2021, 03:19 PM
Yeah I remember PvZ, was a fun arcade game, used to play it several years ago.
Haven't seen so much on the NA server, but EU is still having some games played lately iirc.

I remember PvZ! Interesting to hear that it's still played some on EU servers.

Mafia, Hero Attack, and PvZ were the three games I played by far the most back in the early days of custom games.

OzyWho
May 5th, 2021, 03:42 PM
Nobody remembers the very early days when Barcraft (the SC2 version of 'Bang!') rivaled -Mafia- in terms of social deduction game? :S

Oberon
May 5th, 2021, 04:02 PM
I played The Thing a lot, the original version that was in a city or smth

Marshmallow Marshall
May 5th, 2021, 04:18 PM

I guess I'm pretty selective when it comes to defining "good arcade game". There are many hidden gems in the Arcade, but nobody ever plays them. Like Planet Protoss Tribes, The Sneaky City Game, etc.

WrathCyber
May 6th, 2021, 01:37 PM
PVZ is still popular. The mod comes on from time to time even.