PDA

View Full Version : Info about Sigil

Jacob
January 30th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I noticed that Dark Revenant is working on a game called Sigil. Just wondering if anyone has a link to some more info about the game, I'm curious to see what its all about.

BorkBot
January 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Sigil, city of doors?

Goremancer
January 30th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Wasn't that one of the D&D planes?

BorkBot
January 30th, 2012, 01:13 PM
It's the "capital city" of the planescape setting. The center of the universe, which is full of doorways to other planes and other worlds (there could be a door that led to the Forgotten Realms, for example).

Goremancer
January 30th, 2012, 01:15 PM
As opposed to the Astral Plane of travel? Aren't they kind of similar in that aspect?

Lazers
January 30th, 2012, 02:58 PM
It could be a picture of his shit and still be called "Sigil"

Like how Mafia makes you think its about the Sicilian Mafia but then you realize its more like living in a mental hospital than anything else

No one has info. Maybe Oops, maybe not. But then again he won't mention it. Probably

suicidaln00b
January 30th, 2012, 05:03 PM
PHASE KILLER ADVANCED EDITION

Lazers
January 30th, 2012, 05:12 PM
PHASE KILLER ADVANCED EDITION

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE RX EDITION

Muso
January 30th, 2012, 06:10 PM
sigil [ˈsɪdʒɪl] n Rare
1. (History / Heraldry) a seal or signet
2. (Spirituality, New Age, Astrology & Self-help / Alternative Belief Systems) a sign or image supposedly having magical power

[from Latin sigillum a little sign, from signum a sign]

Ash
January 30th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Sounds interesting.

Blazer
January 30th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Hmm. It does sound interesting. More information would definitely be welcome. It will be interesting seeing how it turns out because mafia was a great hit. Does anyone know how much it will cost?

Raptorblaze
January 30th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Hmm. It does sound interesting. More information would definitely be welcome. It will be interesting seeing how it turns out because mafia was a great hit. Does anyone know how much it will cost?
Because I know if you donate about 32 bucks you get a copy for free...
Re-read, you get a copy for donating at all, you get better/more for being patron (32$) and even a signed one for being a benefactor (128$)
Me personally, I wanna play it. Badly. Oops tells me it's fun.

Elixir
January 30th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Oops tells me it's fun.

He isn't lying.

Blazer
January 30th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Can you say anything about it? Like what is the main theme or something? I'm kinda in the dark here....

Re-read, you get a copy for donating at all..

Thanks, sorry. I'm not paying enough attention I guess.

Dark.Revenant
January 30th, 2012, 08:28 PM
This game is nowhere near done, and isn't even a game at this point. I'm doing the graphics engine right now, specifically the lighting engine. It is a 2D isometric-perspective game, by the way. My current target is an alpha release of some kind this summer.

As of right now, the game is planned to be multiplayer-only (indie devs very, very rarely do this because it's very hard to pull off... let's see what I can do) and will require a persistent connection to play for obvious reasons. I might add some kind of single-player stuff for the final release though.

Final price point will probably end up being $20.

2. (Spirituality, New Age, Astrology & Self-help / Alternative Belief Systems) a sign or image supposedly having magical power
Ding ding ding!

Jester
January 30th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Ooh, sounds promising Dark. Good luck!

Blazer
January 30th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Sounds pretty cool!
Good luck!

Raptorblaze
January 30th, 2012, 09:22 PM
He isn't lying.
Jealous.

Can you say anything about it? Like what is the main theme or something? I'm kinda in the dark here....

Thanks, sorry. I'm not paying enough attention I guess.

Something to do with magic and fighting I hear.

This game is nowhere near done, and isn't even a game at this point. I'm doing the graphics engine right now, specifically the lighting engine. It is a 2D isometric-perspective game, by the way. My current target is an alpha release of some kind this summer.

As of right now, the game is planned to be multiplayer-only (indie devs very, very rarely do this because it's very hard to pull off... let's see what I can do) and will require a persistent connection to play for obvious reasons. I might add some kind of single-player stuff for the final release though.

Final price point will probably end up being $20.

Ding ding ding!
Nice.
Me and my brother have been programming a similiar style (graphically anyway) MMORPG.

Admiral
February 3rd, 2012, 01:21 PM
It will be interesting seeing how it turns out because mafia was a great hit.

Mafia has existed long before the SC2 custom. Having said that, it was executed well.