PDA

View Full Version : Portaloo's Message to the Players

Portaloo
January 29th, 2012, 01:25 PM
This is mainly to the jackasses who think that "kick or im leaving" is something to live by. Just because i'm on the kick-list doesn't mean that im going to cheat or gamethrow. Infact the only reason im on the list is because of ONE incident where i threw the game when i had to leave and one mod decided that it only took 1 violation to get on the kick-vote list, even though it takes multiple infractions to be on the kick-vote list. What i have to say to the people out there who want to so eagerly kick me on the kickvote even AFTER i say that i dont gamethrow or cheat is that you are trash and do not deserve to play this game because you are no better than, even yet, FAR worse than the people who make it to the banlist. Quit judging me on what i did to get on the kick-list and actually play the game, otherwise you can just go do something else because all you do is waste both my and your time.

Also, all my thanks go to all those who actually defend me in the lobby of the game setup and understand where I'm coming from, you guys rock <3 :)

I'm here to play a legit game. Thanks for taking the time to read my message~

Ash
January 29th, 2012, 01:28 PM
those people that are dumbasses and have no sympathy are the ones that will cause the apocalypse.

Ubernox
January 29th, 2012, 05:37 PM
totally justified

Raptorblaze
January 29th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Mods don't decide punishments. Dark.Revenant does.

Ambient
January 29th, 2012, 10:17 PM
There were two REPORTED offenses. Not one. This is also not the proper place for this.

Threeze
January 30th, 2012, 04:51 PM
you should take issue with the people putting you on the kick-vote list and not the people responding to you being on it.

how are we supposed to know the difference between someone who deserves to be kicked and not? are we supposed to do a background check on you, or take you at you work that "I SWEAR I NEVER CHEAT"

I have no sympathy for people that come up on kick-vote list. Its not my job to care if you deserve it.

Ash
January 30th, 2012, 06:27 PM
you should take issue with the people putting you on the kick-vote list and not the people responding to you being on it.

how are we supposed to know the difference between someone who deserves to be kicked and not? are we supposed to do a background check on you, or take you at you work that "I SWEAR I NEVER CHEAT"

I have no sympathy for people that come up on kick-vote list. Its not my job to care if you deserve it.

By knowing how often they cheat if you have played with them before. If you don't then you should give them a chance so you know next time to -kick.

Sookie
January 31st, 2012, 03:10 AM
i just -kick whomever, i just assume they are there for a reason. i don't press the issue if they aren't getting kicked tho. the worlds not going to end if someone on the vote kick list isn't kicked.

Portaloo
February 1st, 2012, 03:37 PM
those people that are dumbasses and have no sympathy are the ones that will cause the apocalypse.

Match found? LOL!

Necrolord
February 2nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
Regular Mafia players are trolls too. They see someone on the KV list, and their dicks get hard. Why? They can type -kick. Why is this significant?

Most individual non-donor players never have that much power until the game STARTS. You know how town acts like retards when voting to lynch players? They will lynch someone without proper evidence.

Just like IN-GAME, they will kick someone on the KV list without proper evidence. It doesn't matter what they did, doesn't matter if they're willing to play nice from now on, doesn't matter that they are SCREAMING "I'LL PLAY GOOD!!!", you will get kicked.

Of course, the nature of the KV list punishment is to allow people to kick you IF they want. However, this proves that we're not the only trolls out there. People who don't use CRITICAL THINKING in this situation are fucking trolls too.

Escaho
February 2nd, 2012, 06:54 PM
Regular Mafia players are trolls too. They see someone on the KV list, and their dicks get hard. Why? They can type -kick. Why is this significant?

Most individual non-donor players never have that much power until the game STARTS. You know how town acts like retards when voting to lynch players? They will lynch someone without proper evidence.

Just like IN-GAME, they will kick someone on the KV list without proper evidence. It doesn't matter what they did, doesn't matter if they're willing to play nice from now on, doesn't matter that they are SCREAMING "I'LL PLAY GOOD!!!", you will get kicked.

Of course, the nature of the KV list punishment is to allow people to kick you IF they want. However, this proves that we're not the only trolls out there. People who don't use CRITICAL THINKING in this situation are fucking trolls too.

You are wrong and the only reason you said all this is because you are/were on the kick-vote list.

Players type -kick not because they are sheep, but because they do not want to risk playing a game that will end in a game throw and/or trollfest and/or cheating. It's as simple as that. They don't NEED evidence to -kick these players. There is a reason these players are on the list in the first place: because EVIDENCE is what put them there (they are only ever added to the list once evidence is posted on this forum). If anything, if those people on the kick-vote list do not want to get kicked, then they should refute the claims/evidence on the forums instead of trying to convince people in the game not to kick them.

Bazar
February 8th, 2012, 03:30 AM
I will always vote to kick players on the votekick list.

You think you can justify in 20 seconds why you don't deserve to be kicked?
Even when the process that put you on that list probably took about an hours work combined from reporting to adding you to the list.

So going through that process, a process that even has an appeal process, you think that the burden of proof lies on proving your guilt?

As someone on the votekick list, you bear the burden of proving your innocence.
And 20 seconds, in a game about telling lies, isn't enough to prove you are worth keeping.

-kick

I'll add as well.

I kick not because of some powertrip like necroplant seems to believe, but simply because you aren't worth the risk, when it only takes 1 player to ruin the game for 14 other players.
Even if they don't ruin it, skyping, trolling, and other trollish behavour detracts significantly from the game.

Raptorblaze
February 8th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I will always vote to kick players on the votekick list.

You think you can justify in 20 seconds why you don't deserve to be kicked?
Even when the process that put you on that list probably took about an hours work combined from reporting to adding you to the list.

So going through that process, a process that even has an appeal process, you think that the burden of proof lies on proving your guilt?

As someone on the votekick list, you bear the burden of proving your innocence.
And 20 seconds, in a game about telling lies, isn't enough to prove you are worth keeping.

-kick

I'll add as well.

I kick not because of some powertrip like necroplant seems to believe, but simply because you aren't worth the risk, when it only takes 1 player to ruin the game for 14 other players.
Even if they don't ruin it, skyping, trolling, and other trollish behavour detracts significantly from the game.

I always check their threads before voting. I played with three KV listed players last night and had an AWESOME game. No cheating, no gamethrowing, some trolling but not destructively. It's not worth insta-kicking most KV list players unless you know they still intend to behave badly. More often than not they're keeping their noses clean to get off the list.

Necrolord
February 8th, 2012, 01:36 PM
There were two REPORTED offenses. Not one. This is also not the proper place for this.

Ambient, here's my analysis of what you sound like:

One time at my last job (retail cashier), I brought a small humour book onto the floor to show a couple of my friends/co-workers. This other guy my age happened to be my supervisor. His duties pretty much included standing over us and watching what we do, sit down, and text on his phone. Of course, managers were allowed to abuse cellphones but staff weren't. He issued a write-up for being "unprofessional", and I gave my two weeks. I was ready to leave at that point, and he gave me the perfect opportunity to.

Why don't you lock the thread with your magical mod powers? By the way, I shouldn't receive an infraction for this, or it will prove that you're on a real power trip.

Ash
February 9th, 2012, 03:26 PM
you guys are so naive. you think if their on -kick list then you should follow the bandwagon. dumb faggots what if he was framed and he didn't actually grief? what if the investigators (moderators) were so fucking unjust or stupid on his penalty?

many reasons why you shouldnt -kick