PDA

View Full Version : Torment (Arsville) S-FM Info and FAQ

Zack
January 29th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Role Cards

Sheriff

You are Maya, Arsville's hyperactive woman of the law.

You can check a player each night for delinquent activities by PMing me with "-check player". You will be told if your target is a member of the Ars gang or not.

To win you must lynch all members of the Ars gang as well as the mysterious and vile Tormentor.

Doctor

You are Lord Megadeath, and yes you are a doctor. You just watched too many movies.

You can scare people into a coma with a chainsaw and then heal them every night. To do this PM me with "-heal player". You will never know if your heal was needed.

To win you must lynch all members of the Ars gang as well as the mysterious and vile Tormentor.

Citizen

You are . You play video games at night and thus don't actually do anything to help the town, well you're still in highschool so who cares right?

Your power is in the vote! And its very important so never mock it.

Survivor

You are Granny Nana. You have tolerated your horrible husband for 40 years now and you've just about had it.

You may have lost your shotgun but you still have 2 bulletproof vests left from your army service which can make you invulnerable for one night each. To use one PM me with "-vest".

To win you must lynch your husband, yes thats right. He is the Tormentor. Oh and you must also survive until the end of the game, you don't care if the town or the Ars gang win so long as you are alive.

Mafioso

You are [insert random delinquent name here]. You are a member of the Ars gang, a group of misunderstood invidividuals who just want to live a carefree life free of stupid rules. The adults don't understand so you must get rid of them before they put you in jail.

You can argue at night about who will go do the killing, and also who to kill. I mean vote since you have a night chat with your buddies.

To win you must eliminate the town and that vile old Tormentor.

Tormentor

You are Zaken, a cranky old man who's sole purpose in life is to make other people miserable. You have tormented your wife for 40 years and recently she's had it with you. She left home and now you must seek someone new to torment, you may even find her again.

Your chosen victim will not know he is it until you choose to reveal this fact to him. You have two ways in which to scare your target if you decide to: One is by sending annonymus messages during the day by PMing me with "-scare message". The second method is by jailing your victim, to do that PM me with "-jail" during the day and you will jail your victim the following night where you'l be able to chat with him at your leisure. Your jailed victim is immune to both kills and sheriff checks.

If your target is killed at night the killer will become the new victim. If your target is lynched during the day then the hammer voter will become the new victim.

Important! If you vote to lynch your victim during the day and he is actually lynched you will commit suicide the following night! Never lynch your chosen victim no matter what!

To win you and your victim must be the last two people alive during the day. It doesn't matter who your victim is, everyone will lose while you will win.

Game Rules

Sheriff can only detect mafia.

Doctor will not be notified of successful heals. Targets will not be notified of unsuccessful heals.

Hammer vote on the Tormentor's target will become the new victim.

Tormentor's jail grants immunity to both attacks and sheriff checks.

Tormentor has 1 auto-vest.

Survivor has 2 bulletproof vests.

Game will start at day with no lynch.

Rules

1. PMs to other players are not allowed, this is cheating as you well know.

2. Quoting mod PMs is not allowed and will result in an instant modkill with no pardon no matter what role you are! If there are no reserves you will die and hurt your team, and they will hate you.

3. Directly mentioning information about the game outside of the game itself, be it via PM, Skype or anything else is not allowed. Examples of such information: Your role, your results, your suspicions, etc.

4. No dead chat leaks. If you are dead that means your part in the game is over! Yes that means no more posting in the game thread.

5. You are required to actively post in the day thread. I will not have you hide in lurk-mode! Minimum 2 posts per day from [I]Day 2 and onwards, you can remain quiet if you wish on day 1, but if you don't post at all you might be modkilled due to inactivity unless you PM me either your night action or a last will. Posting less than 2 posts once will equal a warning, the second offense will be a modkill.

6. No gamethrowing! To clarify: Gamethrowing means not playing to win and essentially losing on purpose either out of desperation, frustration or a desire to see a friend on the opposite team win. None of the reasons are justified! Gamethrowing is forbidden! Just a reminder: Kevinpowers was banned from the forum for gamethrowing in FM-X.

*** Do note that getting modkilled in one game may result in your exclusion from future FMs! Other hosts will see how you play in my game! Example: Me and others deciding to exclude jaczac.

FAQ

Q: Why have you changed the Tormentor's jail mechanic to grant immunity to sheriff checks?
A: Because I felt it adds a nice twist to the game and makes the tormentor a possible temporary ally to the mafia.

Q: Can the Tormentor choose his own first target or is it selected by the host?
A: It was selected by the host. And it was randomized.

Q: Will the day end early if a lynch is made?
A: If the hammer is made prior to the 24 hour mark then the day will end after 24 hours instead of 48. Otherwise it would end at 48 as planned.