yes

https://youtu.be/0Frf6rCCDcA

SuperJack
June 2nd, 2020, 08:16 AM
That is all.

Yeh fuck u smurfs. U are worthless. Blue skinned knobs

oops_ur_dead
June 2nd, 2020, 01:44 PM
b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but thats racist dont u think every life matters????????

Sylvanas
June 5th, 2020, 04:55 PM
No, that's not all. What are you going to do about it? Why didn't you post this 2 weeks ago?

secondpassing
June 5th, 2020, 06:47 PM
People matter. Be nice everyone.

DJarJar
June 5th, 2020, 06:57 PM

Sure. Not the point of banana's post though.

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 01:08 AM
Honestly, those riots in the US are pretty scary... I don’t like how many politicians from both parties (including the Vice President, and many Mayors/Governors) are essentially telling people that the riots are okay. Mike Pence scolded America for its racism. He didn’t even ADDRESS the protest.

Is there police injustice? Perhaps, though burning down businesses and attacking people in broad daylight is NOT justified. Violence is not a medium of communication. I would only see riots in this scale being justified in case of a genocide or a totalitarian regime taking over, which btw is not the case.

Btw, the Post has kept a database of all police shootings since 2015, and they’ve found that the number of police shootings of unarmed individuals has actually decreased since then. Last year it was around 10 blacks who were killed; in 8 of those cases either the cop was attacked first or it was an accident of some sort. In only 2 of those cases was the cop criminally charged with murder.

In 2015, the story is pretty different: 32 whites, 38 blacks shot.
So this ‘racial injustice’ narrative doesn’t hold up in my estimation.

What I really think is happening is, politicians in the US are playing identity politics and trying to paint several groups - blacks, gays, bisexuals, transsexuals, etc - as somehow being ‘oppressed’ by the white population in the US. Why are they doing that? For me, I honestly love what Tucker Carlson (Fox News) had to say about it: what’s happening right now is class war disguised as race war.

I really don’t like what’s happening in the US, and I find it detestable that BLM activists are telling people to ‘kneel’ and to renounce their white privilege simply because of their skin colour. Really, if you watched TV you’d get the feeling that the civil rights movement didn’t happen. I have a temper problem and I would probably yell at anyone who tried to get me to do that and call them a Marxist-racist scumbag. I’d like to say I’d also punch them hard in the face, which honestly, fuck them. Probably not the appropriate response, but I wouldn’t do it anyways... there’d be a horde of people ready to defend them.

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 01:10 AM
+1. I like the fact that this racist idiocy hasn’t yet gotten to Europe, though Europe is filled with radical leftists and I would honestly not be surprised if it infected us before long... that’s why I want to get the hell out of here and move to a country to Australia. I love the USA but I don’t think it’s on my list anymore until they deal with their extremism.

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 01:13 AM
Honestly I’m not pleased about how Trump handled things at first either. If he doesn’t get his shit together, im hoping either Ted Cruz or Ben Carson will run for President. Hell, let’s resurrect Kennedy and Reagan and have them run for President, too.

oops_ur_dead
June 6th, 2020, 04:33 AM
Btw, the Post has kept a database of all police shootings since 2015, and they’ve found that the number of police shootings of unarmed individuals has actually decreased since then. Last year it was around 10 blacks who were killed; in 8 of those cases either the cop was attacked first or it was an accident of some sort. In only 2 of those cases was the cop criminally charged with murder.

In 2015, the story is pretty different: 32 whites, 38 blacks shot.
So this ‘racial injustice’ narrative doesn’t hold up in my estimation.

Are you capable of comprehending that there are more white people than black people in America?

Also imagine being such a bootlicker that you think the Republicans are bad now because they don't suck authoritarian dick enough lmfao.

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 04:52 AM
Of course there’s more white people in America than black people, that doesn’t mean white people are oppressing blacks. FWIW, a black cop was killed; at least five of the victims of these protests, who died at the hands of the rioters btw, were black or at least mixed race.

Okay, maybe Mike Pence is just a dumbass who has no idea what he’s talking about (although I strongly disbelieve that). But you can’t possibly argue that someone like Nikki Haley (a republican!) is well intentioned. She literally said that the death of George Floyd was painful and a tragedy for her, and that it has be painful and a tragedy for everyone. I literally cannot make this shit up. It’s unbelievable, it’s disgraceful. Thankfully, the riots seemed to have calmed down in Washington DC after they deployed the national guard. It seems to be dying down.

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 04:54 AM
FWIW, this guy on YT, who is black btw, largely agrees with my view on the riots:
https://youtu.be/4rZETAGFiF8

Mugy
June 6th, 2020, 05:32 AM
that’s why I want to get the hell out of here and move to a country to Australia.

Please don't.

yzb25
June 6th, 2020, 05:39 AM
Violence is not a medium of communication. I would only see riots in this scale being justified in case of a genocide or a totalitarian regime taking over, which btw is not the case.

This puts you at odds with a long list of history's illegal and sometimes even violent protests that were still, in my opinion at least, justified - even if they weren't protesting Hitler or Stalin. That list includes the suffragettes, the ANC, civil rights groups, and many major revolutions and civil wars that finalized the transition from monarchy to democracy (and I really don't think it's fair to conflate all monarchies with "totalitarian regime"). It also puts you at odds with the stonewall riots that the gay pride parade is effectively an anniversary of.

Peaceful resistance isn't always an option. MLK only pulled it off because he made a point of sending his protesters to the most racist parts of the country where they would get ruthlessly attacked for simply peacefully demonstrating, so that he could get national coverage. He even intentionally featured children in his protests, knowing they would get attacked. Though he's held up as the quintessential example of non-violent resistance, his protests were ironically catered to facilitate violence. And all of this was only possible because the media gave him coverage (when the protesters were attacked).

It would be nice to live in a world where we could get everything done by signing petitions, but the power to bring change through purely peaceful means is a blessing conferred upon very few, if truly anyone at all. Indeed, carrying out change through the state itself constitutes violence. People who are imprisoned for refusing to accept black clients are having violence used against them - if they resist imprisonment, they are physically forced to comply. Taxation is effectively theft, and anyone who opposes taxation in principle may suffer arrest for peacefully refusing to pay. Indeed, the state itself is ultimately a massive institution primarily tasked with carrying out violence in the most ordely and even-handed manner possible to keep society running.

SuperJack
June 6th, 2020, 05:59 AM
+1. I like the fact that this racist idiocy hasn’t yet gotten to Europe, though Europe is filled with radical leftists and I would honestly not be surprised if it infected us before long... that’s why I want to get the hell out of here and move to a country to Australia. I love the USA but I don’t think it’s on my list anymore until they deal with their extremism.

Lol. Radical left. Infects.
I feel sorry for you if this is the viewpoint you take on some government's just wanting to make life better for all their citizens and not just the rich ones.

oops_ur_dead
June 6th, 2020, 06:37 AM
Peaceful resistance isn't always an option. MLK only pulled it off because he made a point of sending his protesters to the most racist parts of the country where they would get ruthlessly attacked for simply peacefully demonstrating, so that he could get national coverage. He even intentionally featured children in his protests, knowing they would get attacked. Though he's held up as the quintessential example of non-violent resistance, his protests were ironically catered to facilitate violence. And all of this was only possible because the media gave him coverage (when the protesters were attacked).

People who invoke MLK's words as an argument against so-called riots also forget that MLK was literally assassinated because of his peaceful protest. And that he couldn't push through a lot of reform in his lifetime through his peaceful protest, notably laws on fair housing.

What did push those final changes through were massive riots that occurred in response to his assassination that fucked up a lot of D.C., putting pressure on politicians to work towards those goals.

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 06:46 AM
The thing is, with MLK racism was actually still a problem in America. Do I agrree with everything he said? No, but I think that at least his protest had some merit, I mean, segregation still existed back then. With regards to revolutions throughout history - perhaps I misspoke when I said the regime had to be a totalitarian one. But it would have to be autocratic in some form or fashion, and there’s really no evidence to suggest that this is the case in America. Especially seeing as police killed more people under Obama. And it was in Obama’s interest for police to kill as few black people as possible, so I don’t think police killing more people back then had anything to do with him being president. Frankly I don’t know if it has something to with Trump being president now, either.

Can you give me an example of when violence was justified in overthrowing a monarchy? The only example I can think of would be the glorious revolution, but that’s debatable; Cromwell was tyrannical. Certainly no the French Revolution. I guess you could see the American Revolution as one, and rightly so; though in that case it was more of a war for independence than a revolution.

Like hear me out here I don’t disagree with what you have to say but I think it isn’t at all unreasonable to state that this kind of violence isn’t warranted. Police brutality isn’t as widespread as it is usually claimed, and when it does happen the policemen involved are charged, as was the case here. Should people be allowed to protest peacefully? Yes, and they are being allowed. I’m Washington DC, the National Guard hasn’t done much after the violent rioters were subdued. Now that’s the kind of protest I want to see. I don’t agree with it, because it really isn’t clear that police brutality is as serious as it is usually claimed, but so be it, I don’t have to agree with them.

Finally, it really isn’t just me here. Many notable people are concerned with the spread of radical ideologies in the West; go against the flow and you get labeled a white nationalist or a far right nutbag.
Do I think it’s wrong for people to be concerned about racism? No, you should be concerned about it, but this has gone above and beyond at this point. Why do you think the concept of white guilt exists? Yeah, white people have done some terrible things in the past, but - look at South Africa. They had the Apartheid and were definitely a repressive, racist regime. But now the African National Congress is more or less oppressing the white farmers now... I mean, there’s been plenty of incidents where black politicians there spouted VERY violent rhetoric directed at the white populace (and also cases where white politicians did that; RSA is a very racist country). My point is, the way forward isn’t for ‘white’ people to be forced to acknowledge some bizarre guilt resulting from their skin colour. It never is. What needs to happen, and the US has done far more towards this goal than most (all?) other countries, is that people need to be treated the same regardless of skin colour. No more of this ‘white privilege’ or ‘white guilt’ bs.

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 06:58 AM
Lol. Radical left. Infects.
I feel sorry for you if this is the viewpoint you take on some government's just wanting to make life better for all their citizens and not just the rich ones.
Being radical left doesn’t mean you care about the poor. It just means you hate the rich.
Anyway I’m very concerned when I see the government trying to regulate things that really should
not be regulated. On Twitter you can see videos of children either a) crying about how they hate their families due to their opinion the riot, or for being Trump supporters. It really is not okay. I watched Fox News and there was this pic of a little girl holding a sign that pointed towards her and read ‘white privilege’. It really is not okay. There is a difference between caring about the poor and just hating the rich, and I believe our society has crossed that line. Besides, one argument that I’ve heard against the idea of defunding the police (which is what the rioters are pushing for btw) is that this would result in poorer neighborhoods being subject to violence more than rich neighborhoods- precisely because richer folks can afford their own protection. This is only going to hurt the poor. But many of the political leaders in America either don’t care or don’t know that. Btw, if I’m not mistaken this is more or less already happening in RSA. Gated communities and homes built like fortresses are not uncommon there. I think that’s exactly where the US is headed if they keep going in their current direction.

SuperJack
June 6th, 2020, 07:17 AM
People say "hate the rich" yet a lot of these people don't hate the rich. They hate how the system is build for them to have major advantages or how they hoard the money. The rich didn't get rich on their own. They got rich by using or even exploring the poor. It just makes more sense for them to give back more.

The idea I've heard about defunding the police, is related to them spending the money buying military equipment. Or other excessive equipment. The defunding isn't give them less money. It's just gonna be them less money too use on X or y.

SuperJack
June 6th, 2020, 07:20 AM
You rob a bank for 6 million you are in prison for a long time.

You rob everyone of 6 million by avoiding tax and you get a slap on the wrist. At the worst.
Or a pat on the back good job u good business man.

Voss
June 6th, 2020, 08:00 AM
Back in MLK's time too, a lot of people didn't think to seem there was a problem. People are going to look back at today's times and say the same thing we said about then.

Also, to put another spin in this conversation, the media has financial incentive to show news that will keep their base coming back for more news, showing them just enough controversy so that they're not turned off to the platform. And this generates an unfortunate feedback loop. If the news showed "yay liberals and conservatives are working together!!" that'd be boring and people wouldn't tune in. My point is if you're getting your news from just one source, it's going to be twisted.

And what the fuck! I've had to watch some fox news when I was living with my uncle and the logical fallacies they brought up constantly were stupendously large. I'm shocked that people that play mafia here wouldn't have the skillset to pick apart their arguments because of the leaps in logic they're making, setting up straw man, as well as the attacks on the conversational medium (shouting over guest talks). It was sickening to watch.

Lastly,

https://www.foxnews.com/us/da-investigating-buffalo-cops-shove-old-man

I don't know how one can uphold the police and say we need them because they protect us from the thugs and violence, when shit like this is happening here. There are clearly thugs in the police force who use excessive violence. I'm not saying get rid of the police, but I am saying people on the right need to at least recognize there's a problem.

and no, that's not the only example I've got.

oops_ur_dead
June 6th, 2020, 08:08 AM
Being radical left doesn’t mean you care about the poor. It just means you hate the rich.
Anyway I’m very concerned when I see the government trying to regulate things that really should
not be regulated. On Twitter you can see videos of children either a) crying about how they hate their families due to their opinion the riot, or for being Trump supporters. It really is not okay. I watched Fox News and there was this pic of a little girl holding a sign that pointed towards her and read ‘white privilege’. It really is not okay. There is a difference between caring about the poor and just hating the rich, and I believe our society has crossed that line. Besides, one argument that I’ve heard against the idea of defunding the police (which is what the rioters are pushing for btw) is that this would result in poorer neighborhoods being subject to violence more than rich neighborhoods- precisely because richer folks can afford their own protection. This is only going to hurt the poor. But many of the political leaders in America either don’t care or don’t know that. Btw, if I’m not mistaken this is more or less already happening in RSA. Gated communities and homes built like fortresses are not uncommon there. I think that’s exactly where the US is headed if they keep going in their current direction.

You realize the South Africa white genocide bullshit is an actual conspiracy theory that's been made up by proto-fascists trying to fabricate an example of white oppression, right? It's been debunked by many groups, and white South African farmers are at no greater risk of being killed than black farmers, considering white farmers make up a larger proportion of farmers than black farmers. Also, farmers in general are much less likely to be murdered than the general population.

You should really fact-check yourself rather than blindly believing and parroting whatever your favourite right-wing demagogues feed you. It really weakens your point when you spout shit that could be easily disproven within 10 seconds of googling. You should also do some personal reflection on whether the idea you hold of Marxism taking over or Democrats being evil radicals are grounded in truth when the talking heads that spoon feed you these ideas objectively get so many basic facts wrong.

BananaCucho
June 6th, 2020, 08:11 AM
Black Lives Matter.

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 08:29 AM
Why can’t it just be ‘Lives Matter?’

oops_ur_dead
June 6th, 2020, 08:36 AM

Why do we say "save the rainforest", shouldn't we save all forests?

Why are there foundations for prostate cancer? Don't all cancers matter?

If your house catches on fire, and the firefighters come, would you tell them to spray all the other houses down too because all houses matter?

Sylvanas
June 6th, 2020, 08:54 AM
His only point was virtue signalling. "That is all.", in other words, "I said the thing, my work is done". I think if you have nothing to bring to the table, just don't bother showing up.

Are you capable of comprehending that there are more white people than black people in America?
There are about as many white and black people in American jails and prisons, so considering an about equal number of arrests (in number, not %), the 32/38 ratio actually shows that black people aren't significantly more likely to get shot or killed by the police. There are a bunch of sociopolitical reason why black people commit more crimes and racial profiling also plays a part in it, but the narrative that the police are likelier to kill them in an arrest doesn't check out. That's just a misconception you make from looking through the media's lens.

I think the real problem about the police is institutional. They've shown that they'll always protect the shitty cops to protect their image when they should do the opposite. The mass *union ordered* resignations as support for the two cops who shoved the 75 year old, on top of being horrendous PR, shows that they'll isolate and target those who would speak against the faults of the police instead of encouraging it.

yzb25
June 6th, 2020, 09:21 AM
The thing is, with MLK racism was actually still a problem in America. Do I agrree with everything he said? No, but I think that at least his protest had some merit, I mean, segregation still existed back then. With regards to revolutions throughout history - perhaps I misspoke when I said the regime had to be a totalitarian one. But it would have to be autocratic in some form or fashion, and there’s really no evidence to suggest that this is the case in America. Especially seeing as police killed more people under Obama. And it was in Obama’s interest for police to kill as few black people as possible, so I don’t think police killing more people back then had anything to do with him being president. Frankly I don’t know if it has something to with Trump being president now, either.

Can you give me an example of when violence was justified in overthrowing a monarchy? The only example I can think of would be the glorious revolution, but that’s debatable; Cromwell was tyrannical. Certainly no the French Revolution. I guess you could see the American Revolution as one, and rightly so; though in that case it was more of a war for independence than a revolution.

Like hear me out here I don’t disagree with what you have to say but I think it isn’t at all unreasonable to state that this kind of violence isn’t warranted. Police brutality isn’t as widespread as it is usually claimed, and when it does happen the policemen involved are charged, as was the case here. Should people be allowed to protest peacefully? Yes, and they are being allowed. I’m Washington DC, the National Guard hasn’t done much after the violent rioters were subdued. Now that’s the kind of protest I want to see. I don’t agree with it, because it really isn’t clear that police brutality is as serious as it is usually claimed, but so be it, I don’t have to agree with them.

Finally, it really isn’t just me here. Many notable people are concerned with the spread of radical ideologies in the West; go against the flow and you get labeled a white nationalist or a far right nutbag.
Do I think it’s wrong for people to be concerned about racism? No, you should be concerned about it, but this has gone above and beyond at this point. Why do you think the concept of white guilt exists? Yeah, white people have done some terrible things in the past, but - look at South Africa. They had the Apartheid and were definitely a repressive, racist regime. But now the African National Congress is more or less oppressing the white farmers now... I mean, there’s been plenty of incidents where black politicians there spouted VERY violent rhetoric directed at the white populace (and also cases where white politicians did that; RSA is a very racist country). My point is, the way forward isn’t for ‘white’ people to be forced to acknowledge some bizarre guilt resulting from their skin colour. It never is. What needs to happen, and the US has done far more towards this goal than most (all?) other countries, is that people need to be treated the same regardless of skin colour. No more of this ‘white privilege’ or ‘white guilt’ bs.

Violence being used to overthrow a monarchy is always justified. The groups or individuals involved in the overthrow are often deeply flawed themselves (you rightly acknowledge Cromwell as a tyrant) and indulge in gratuitous violence (like the french revolution) but that doesn't really change the fact that monarchies are inherently unjust and, if they do not relinquish their power by their own will, then the only choice left is violent resistance. Not all monarchs were evil. Some were very good people. However, that does not fundamentally change the fact that monarchy is an inherently unjust system. And even if the current monarch is great, the next could be a total psychopath. Hence, violent resistance against even the kindest monarch is still totally justified.

Even if the state is "nice" by our contemporary standards, that does not exempt them from violent resistance. As I said on the other thread, the state's legitimacy stems from a social contract. They have a set of responsibilities including protecting the citizenry and respecting their rights. If they are failing these responsibilities, the social contract cracks. If they fail these responsibilities and cling to power regardless, then the duty of the citizenry to obey also cracks. And, as I tried to convey in the previous post, all serious political change is backed by violence, even if only implicitly. Though doing it officially through purely state mechanisms is "tidier", that isn't always an option. And we shouldn't over-value doing things through purely state violence - violence is still violence.

Anyway, though you seem to think police brutality is much less widespread than I do, does it ultimately matter? Police needlessly kill and/or life-threateningly assault unarmed civillians, and get off scott-free in court, sometimes even if they are filmed doing it. How many times that's happening doesn't change the fact it's happening. The reforms actually proposed by Campaign Zero have little to do with shaming white people or enacting vengeance on police. The majority of their proposals are race neutral policies designed to increase the accountability of the police and integrate them with the community. The ones that aren't race neutral are shit like "pls hire black cops" and "talk to black people" - things you can probably agree are healthy proposals irrespective of the extent of systemic racism. https://www.joincampaignzero.org/#vision

That said though, I recommend you take a more thorough look at the WaPo database you cited in your first post. The project started because the FBI was missing most police shootings - many police departments literally aren't reporting the shootings they're doing. The database finds blacks are massively disproportionately killed by police in shootings, even when we control for just unarmed citizens. There is really no reason to ever shoot an unarmed citizen unless they're built like Arnold Schwarzenegger and are trying to crush your skull with their bare hands. I also don't want to narrow the discourse to only shootings, though they certainly matter. The police in the USA widely use unnecessary force, verbally taunt citizens, and frequently spontaneously assault people who piss them off but pose no actual physical threat.

We can spend all day bickering about statistics. But honestly, the endless footage of police using undue force is probably longer than all of Game of Thrones. It speaks for itself. Again, I'm really not sure how much police brutality is needed to gain this coveted title of "widespread", or whether gaining that title even matters. And obviously a sample bias takes place where footage only showing the worst of the police rises to the top, but it should also be remembered that the vast majority of cases of police brutality are probably not caught on camera. And that police are becoming more cautious in the age of information not to become a news sensation on camera - irrespective of what they do when a camera isn't pointed on them. What is caught on camera is the cases of police so violent and entitled they don't even care that they're being filmed - and they also happen to be getting filmed.

Also mate, though I find many of your views god-awful from where I'm standing on the far-left, I respect that you continue to bravely vouch for your perspective and engage with us about it. I honestly would be much quieter about my perspective on rioting if I was on a site where everyone was like "wtf yzb I can't believe you think rioting can be justified. Do you support terrorists too? You're basically pro-Al Qaeda bro". Though in defense of Al Qae-

BananaCucho
June 6th, 2020, 09:45 AM

If you feel the need to respond to "Black Lives Matter" with "Lives Matter" or "All Lives Matter" then you are completely missing the point of "Black Lives Matter".

BananaCucho
June 6th, 2020, 09:48 AM
No, that's not all. What are you going to do about it? Why didn't you post this 2 weeks ago?

Who are you? You don't know me.

naz
June 6th, 2020, 10:31 AM
oh yikes i see the cancer has found this thread

theoneceko
June 6th, 2020, 11:17 AM

we've gated commuwunities for the rich toOwO

theoneceko
June 6th, 2020, 11:28 AM

^^^^^^

theoneceko
June 6th, 2020, 11:29 AM
i remember getting banned from the MU debaete channel for acting like this... all uwulighthearted and shit

theoneceko
June 6th, 2020, 11:30 AM
want my opinionion on this stopic?? it's that aruwuguing won't make me change my perspectiowove for this uwumatterowouwu. just reading shit and uwu'ing willdo it for me.uMu!!!

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 11:59 AM
And yet I’m the sexist one lmao

DJarJar
June 6th, 2020, 12:12 PM
And yet I’m the sexist one lmao

wut

theoneceko
June 6th, 2020, 12:15 PM
wut

uwu

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 12:27 PM
wut
Eh nothing.

secondpassing
June 6th, 2020, 04:02 PM
If you feel the need to respond to "Black Lives Matter" with "Lives Matter" or "All Lives Matter" then you are completely missing the point of "Black Lives Matter".

Saying Black Lives Matter comes with the cost of alienating support from other minority groups. Well-intentioned, but it sets this racial group apart from Chinese, Koreans, Indians, Malaysians, Columbians, and whatever other groups. We are people, so treat people well.

yzb25
June 6th, 2020, 04:48 PM
Saying Black Lives Matter comes with the cost of alienating support from other minority groups. Well-intentioned, but it sets this racial group apart from Chinese, Koreans, Indians, Malaysians, Columbians, and whatever other groups. We are people, so treat people well.

It's a divisive choice in phrasing. Divisive language tends to get elevated. A lot like "privilege". I never liked that phrase, either.

naz
June 6th, 2020, 05:10 PM

It doesn't say "Only Black Lives Matter" or "Black Lives Matter and No Others"

Have you ever found out why they are saying "Black Lives Matter" ?

BananaCucho
June 6th, 2020, 05:11 PM

I encourage you to ponder on the phrase from the point of view from someone living in the US and being black. Black individuals feel that their lives DON'T matter. So when a black individual says "MY life matters. Black lives matter", and you take offense at it or respond with "all lives matter" you are downplaying their plea and their cause.

secondpassing
June 6th, 2020, 05:44 PM
It's a divisive choice in phrasing. Divisive language tends to get elevated. A lot like "privilege". I never liked that phrase, either.

Good point. It does make it more effective and catchy. Probably wouldn't have caught on otherwise.

I encourage you to ponder on the phrase from the point of view from someone living in the US and being black. Black individuals feel that their lives DON'T matter. So when a black individual says "MY life matters. Black lives matter", and you take offense at it or respond with "all lives matter" you are downplaying their plea and their cause.

Being Black while living in the States comes with its challenges, police and judge discrimination is also very hard to deal with. I don't disagree with that. I also didn't take offense at it, and I am allowed to say what I believe to be a more accurate statement. For context, I'm of Asian descent and have had people follow me around in stores and whilst at work, though likely not to the degree of scrutiny a black person would have in many neighborhoods.

What I said is also true though. The word choice in Black Lives Matter has not won the support of the Asian community. This is likely also because some movements mainly for Black equality have lead to the destruction of Asian property.

DJarJar
June 6th, 2020, 06:55 PM
Good point. It does make it more effective and catchy. Probably wouldn't have caught on otherwise.

Being Black while living in the States comes with its challenges, police and judge discrimination is also very hard to deal with. I don't disagree with that. I also didn't take offense at it, and I am allowed to say what I believe to be a more accurate statement. For context, I'm of Asian descent and have had people follow me around in stores and whilst at work, though likely not to the degree of scrutiny a black person would have in many neighborhoods.

What I said is also true though. The word choice in Black Lives Matter has not won the support of the Asian community. This is likely also because some movements mainly for Black equality have lead to the destruction of Asian property.

why should the movement need to be about or include all minorities?

naz
June 6th, 2020, 07:04 PM
The word choice in Black Lives Matter has not won the support of the Asian community. This is likely also because some movements mainly for Black equality have lead to the destruction of Asian property.

That isn't true, it may have not won the support of you, your family, or your local community but Yellow Peril Supports Black Power/Black Lives Matter is true of some people I know, and others I don't:

https://images.huffingtonpost.com/2015-07-13-1436746300-82381-yellowperilsupportsblackpower-thumb.png
^
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/yellow-peril-supports-bla_b_7781586

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/ethnic-groups-say-supporting-black-lives-matter-movement-shows-solidarity

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA53mNulIxu/

Black property is also being destroyed. I saw news that a black firefighter who used his life savings to open a bar in Minneapolis had his bar burned down in May.

Property can be replaced. Lives cannot.

Sylvanas
June 6th, 2020, 07:59 PM
Lives, countries and civilizations can be replaced too. We have an expiration date and we're biologically hardwired to produce our own replacements. Of course, we're all totally unique and invaluable (no).

deathworlds
June 6th, 2020, 08:01 PM
Lives, countries and civilizations can be replaced too. We have an expiration date and we're biologically hardwired to produce our own replacements. Of course, we're all totally unique and invaluable (no).

This form of nihilism is the worst take tbh, it discourages people from doing anything or you know, enjoying the singular chance they have to experience the universe.

theoneceko
June 6th, 2020, 08:57 PM

MEH. these two have it way betterthan blacks. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

also ur avatar is so cool uwu. LOT BETTER THAN THE CUTE CAT THINGIE U STOLE TO MAKE URSELF LOOKMORE TOWNIE!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

theoneceko
June 6th, 2020, 08:58 PM
MEH. these two have it way betterthan blacks. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

also ur avatar is so cool uwu. LOT BETTER THAN THE CUTE CAT THINGIE U STOLE TO MAKE URSELF LOOKMORE TOWNIE!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

also, r u oneof those groups uwu. odd how u put those two first.OWO

theoneceko
June 6th, 2020, 09:02 PM

i KNEW it. uWu

Do u live in place w asian commuwunity??uVu or r u like the only one there lol

theoneceko
June 6th, 2020, 09:05 PM

ME TOO!!!!
i like "advantage" a lot more. like if ur rich, u have an "advantage." uwu

bleh. asians (some,groups UwU) have an advantage and whites have an advantage, but it'snot like they don't havetheir own struggles... i'm likethe poorest asian ik lmao. so i'd be rly pissed if ppl called me privileged.

OWO

theoneceko
June 6th, 2020, 09:07 PM

no u. uWu

theoneceko
June 6th, 2020, 09:13 PM
That isn't true, it may have not won the support of you, your family, or your local community but Yellow Peril Supports Black Power/Black Lives Matter is true of some people I know, and others I don't:

https://images.huffingtonpost.com/2015-07-13-1436746300-82381-yellowperilsupportsblackpower-thumb.png
^

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/ethnic-groups-say-supporting-black-lives-matter-movement-shows-solidarity

Black property is also being destroyed. I saw news that a black firefighter who used his life savings to open a bar in Minneapolis had his bar burned down in May.

yellowperil isn't a movement right????uVu

DJarJar
June 6th, 2020, 09:35 PM
ME TOO!!!!
i like "advantage" a lot more. like if ur rich, u have an "advantage." uwu

bleh. asians (some,groups UwU) have an advantage and whites have an advantage, but it'snot like they don't havetheir own struggles... i'm likethe poorest asian ik lmao. so i'd be rly pissed if ppl called me privileged.

OWO

While some use that term to describe socioeconomic differences, the real meaning is the advantages/disadvantages of simply having a different skin color.

It’s undeniable that a shit ton of people are stupid and bigoted. Hence a person that looks different is naturally going to be at a general disadvantage in life.

I would argue that in the hierarchy of bigotry, they view blacks as the absolute lowest form of humanity, and generally hate less the closer a group is to white.

theoneceko
June 6th, 2020, 09:43 PM
noU!!!!

uWu

DJarJar
June 6th, 2020, 09:44 PM
I had a long chat with a dude who legitimately believes all people with black skin are a separate species

DJarJar
June 6th, 2020, 09:51 PM
I had a long chat with a dude who legitimately believes all people with black skin are a separate species

when you ask him about interracial families he just has a meltdown about how disgusting he thinks that is

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 10:03 PM
What secondpassing is describing sounds A LOT more reasonable to me than this whole white guilt narrative

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 10:05 PM
+1.

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 10:06 PM
I’m pretty sure these people are in the minority. Even in the Netherlands, I’ve not encountered anyone holding such beliefs, and we are definitely more racist than the US.

theoneceko
June 6th, 2020, 10:10 PM
im giving negative reps to all who disagree w my powolitical beliefs

theoneceko
June 6th, 2020, 10:12 PM
imagine what i'd be like if i learned how to use gradients LMAOOOOOOOOO

uwu

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 10:16 PM
I seriously doubt it’s well intentioned, if we’re talking about the movement. How is asking white people to kneel and renounce their white privilege well intentioned? I’ve seen that happening and honestly it’s disgusting. You can’t automatically assume someone is racist just due to their skin colour.

Besides, in claiming there is systemic racism you are failing to see the forest for the trees. The US, as a whole, is a remarkably tolerant country; it has to be, or Obama would never have become President in 2012. Is there racism in the US? Possibly but it is by no means anywhere as problematic as people on the left are describing it. I am quite certain the NL is more racist, although we are also a fairly tolerant country, especially when compared to the rest of Europe.

secondpassing
June 6th, 2020, 11:04 PM
why should the movement need to be about or include all minorities?

I think it would raise total public opinion.

^

I'm sure some Asians support the movement. And I don't have a statistic on how successful the movement has about garnering Asian support, but I found a video and tried to find those of Asian descent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVsGD0xHfbM
I think I found one Indian at 0:10
Now granted the sample size is small, but the city I live in (Portland (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland,_Oregon#Demographics)) is estimated to have ~7% of Asian descent ~9.4% Latino (number is probably higher now) So in a crowd of 200ish people I should find 14 Asians.

I think every protest will have some property damage, I'm not denying that. But property damage from a group of people supporting a, at least at face value, a non-inclusive movement onto a different group has consequences on public opinion. It's anecdotal but a family member 1 of mine lived through the destruction of the four olds, forcing him to be a refugee. He finds it sad, but holds no grudge. An Asian movement for Asian people. Another family member of mine had a restaurant that sold fried rice near Koreatown. It was destroyed in 1992 riots. Guess what family member 1 tells me every so often?
Yeah. "Black people are dumb, lazy, and can't do anything for themselves."

DJarJar
June 6th, 2020, 11:16 PM
I think it would raise total public opinion.

I'm sure some Asians support the movement. And I don't have a statistic on how successful the movement has about garnering Asian support, but I found a video and tried to find those of Asian descent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVsGD0xHfbM
I think I found one Indian at 0:10
Now granted the sample size is small, but the city I live in (Portland (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland,_Oregon#Demographics)) is estimated to have ~7% of Asian descent ~9.4% Latino (number is probably higher now) So in a crowd of 200ish people I should find 14 Asians.

I think every protest will have some property damage, I'm not denying that. But property damage from a group of people supporting a, at least at face value, a non-inclusive movement onto a different group has consequences on public opinion. It's anecdotal but a family member 1 of mine lived through the destruction of the four olds, forcing him to be a refugee. He finds it sad, but holds no grudge. An Asian movement for Asian people. Another family member of mine had a restaurant that sold fried rice near Koreatown. It was destroyed in 1992 riots. Guess what family member 1 tells me every so often?

Sadly, the percent chance to be a fucking moron is even throughout the human race. It's funny because the non-morons protesting about the morons results in the morons making the non-morons look like morons!. The media on each side wants to pander to their base so they highlight whichever set of morons aids their cause. All that being said, both EXTREME sides suck dick, does not make it any less true that 1 side has a lot less privilege than the other.

secondpassing
June 6th, 2020, 11:25 PM
I seriously doubt it’s well intentioned, if we’re talking about the movement. How is asking white people to kneel and renounce their white privilege well intentioned? I’ve seen that happening and honestly it’s disgusting. You can’t automatically assume someone is racist just due to their skin colour.

Besides, in claiming there is systemic racism you are failing to see the forest for the trees. The US, as a whole, is a remarkably tolerant country; it has to be, or Obama would never have become President in 2012. Is there racism in the US? Possibly but it is by no means anywhere as problematic as people on the left are describing it. I am quite certain the NL is more racist, although we are also a fairly tolerant country, especially when compared to the rest of Europe.

You're right. You can claim relatively that the US is a remarkably tolerant country. I would say it is more tolerant than South Africa, India, China, Japan, uh.. Columbia, and Panama. Systemic racism is a thing though. Statistics show that the US is racist. The courts, businesses, leadership positions are all areas that can show the US is racist. Police brutality is a thing too. Police officers do horrible things to White people and Yellow People too, but they do more horrible things to Black people.

Why? You should ask. I would say being Black is correlated to being dangerous, which is true, but only tells part of the story. Black people are more likely to commit violent crimes because they were more likely to be born into a poorer family, a family whose parents were divorced, to be related to violent individuals, to receive less education, to live further to public transportation, to live where it is expected that you will think of yourself as a victim blah blah blah list goes on. Cops are human too. They will want to protect themselves. All of us will profile the people around us to figure out who is dangerous and who is not. That profiling is especially important to the police so they may prepare themselves against violent encounters. A step to easing these tensions would really be to say "hello" to the police officers that you come across, maybe thank them for their service, chat them up or buy them a coffee. Kind of the whole point of my original comment.

I don't think most of the people involved or posting Black Lives Matter want White people to kneel.

secondpassing
June 6th, 2020, 11:28 PM
Sadly, the percent chance to be a fucking moron is even throughout the human race. It's funny because the non-morons protesting about the morons results in the morons making the non-morons look like morons!. The media on each side wants to pander to their base so they highlight whichever set of morons aids their cause. All that being said, both EXTREME sides suck dick, does not make it any less true that 1 side has a lot less privilege than the other.

I'm not quite sure if I offended you or anything, but I apologize if that was the case.

DJarJar
June 6th, 2020, 11:42 PM
I'm not quite sure if I offended you or anything, but I apologize if that was the case.

you probably misinterpreted my tone

DJarJar
June 6th, 2020, 11:50 PM
i'm not black. I am 3/4 Pakistani and 1/4 Dutch. My mother is white-skinned and my father is brown, though they both grew up in the same place and went to the same schools. We are wealthy. Living in an interracial family makes it so hilariously obvious how racist the world is. Guess which parent gets "random checked" (forced to go through the Xray machine) every time?

I get that profiling is a thing, and may even have its own merits. We're talking about a guy with global entry (which requires an application and interview and shows up on all of their computers) though. Who travels frequently. With a 200k+ salary. Yet he gets treated similarly to somebody with a 20k salary.

It's just sad.

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 11:51 PM
Oh, no, I wasn’t claiming they did lol. I doubt most people on this website want that.
When I target BLM and attack them I’m specifically attacking the movement itself - organizers, activists, etc - not the people here. I hope nobody is taking my comments as personal attacks because they are not meant as such. That would be quite rich anyways because of how much I fight against personal attacks lol.

In any event, you are probably right in that some police brutality does exist. I guess that the temptation is to deny it exists at all when faced with arguments you believe to be either a) immoral or b) completely wrong.

btw, off-topic but yzb, you are probably the strangest far-left winger I know lol. I’m not saying this as an insult, I just find it interesting because even attitude wise you are pretty different from what I would consider your average radical leftist. Like in many cases I just see them hating the rich instead of loving poor, but I don’t see that here. You’re probably aware of this but if you’re interested in someone who is also left wing and erm, not authoritarian (but still far left), you should check out Slavoj Zizek. He is also a strange left winger, so strange that I don’t even understand his views.

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 11:51 PM
i'm not black. I am 3/4 Pakistani and 1/4 Dutch. My mother is white-skinned and my father is brown, though they both grew up in the same place and went to the same schools. We are wealthy. Living in an interracial family makes it so hilariously obvious how racist the world is. Guess which parent gets "random checked" (forced to go through the Xray machine) every time?

I get that profiling is a thing, and may even have its own merits. We're talking about a guy with global entry (which requires an application and interview and shows up on all of their computers) though. Who travels frequently. With a 200k+ salary. Yet he gets treated similarly to somebody with a 20k salary.

It's just sad.
Do you speak any Dutch?

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 11:52 PM
Also that is one strange mix lol. Indonesian-Dutch would make more sense to me. How did that happen?

Ganelon
June 6th, 2020, 11:53 PM
And yeah that does sound pretty fucked up. I have a similar experience myself which I will share at some point, but it involves England and Scotland, specifically.

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 12:02 AM
Personally I think that what needs to happen is, the left has to figure out when pushing for racial justice goes too far. I’d say that when you start blaming an entire ethnic group, and heavily prioritizing a disadvantaged once, you’ve gone too far.

DJarJar
June 7th, 2020, 12:22 AM
Personally I think that what needs to happen is, the left has to figure out when pushing for racial justice goes too far. I’d say that when you start blaming an entire ethnic group, and heavily prioritizing a disadvantaged once, you’ve gone too far.

how would you like them to achieve any kind of change?

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 12:37 AM

It's just awful.

ftfy ;W;

naz
June 7th, 2020, 06:37 AM

Look at New York City if you want to see how many Asians are out protesting, or #Asians4BlackLivesMatter on instagram. But regardless, many people who support this movement are not going to be out on the streets due to coronavirus(myself included) or needing to work. There are many other ways to support it.

I hear Asian people say that about black people even if they just got off the boat, or lived here over 30 years and did not experience the Rodney King riots. Why? Because Asian people are racist anyway. My Vietnamese friend isn't allowed to marry Chinese. Japanese people are racist as fuck against Koreans.

Also statistics of crime are useless when black neighborhoods are overpoliced and whites are undercharged with crime because that's the way the system works. The prison system is an industrial complex. It no longer serves for justice. It has become privatized and runs as a business now, you should look into how fucked it has become.

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 06:52 AM

It's just sad.
This does sound pretty fucked up tbh.
I think it’s interesting you tied salary and global entry into it lol. One would think that would be a pretty good indicator of your father not being a terrorst or a criminal of some sort, but, well.

I don’t really have an answer to this but it interesting. It might not be simply due to racism though. Clerks and officials st airports and at other places (bureaucrats in general) are not uncommonly helpful. I think what happens here is that your fathers salary/status is ignored because the clerk in question is a lot poorer than him and just wants to fuck with him.

Not saying race isn’t a factor, but it probably isn’t purely racial.

Ive had a very similar experience once in Germany at an airport. The officer at the passport control booth addressed me in German even though literally nothing about me would indicate that I speak German. And then she looked really angry when I replied in English and she went ‘No? Nein!’

Thays one of the reasons I don’t like traveling through Germany. German people in general to me seem quite rude and provincial. Dutch people are 100% not like this. They’re direct as fuck but they’re not rude.

oops_ur_dead
June 7th, 2020, 09:25 AM
I have literally never seen anyone say that white people should get on their knees and grovel for pity and forgiveness. This sounds like a strawman that doesn't even deserve to be addressed.

That being said if you don't understand that white people are privileged in most places in the world then you're definitely either some kind of racist or you're wilfully ignorant. Here's a little thought experiment; blacks in the US are poorer and tend to be convicted of crimes and imprisoned more often. This is objective, undeniable fact. Given this, there are several explanations for why this happens. Here's the ones I can think of, or that I've seen people argue:

1) Past and current systematic oppression leads to black people being perceived by others in a way that leads to less favourable outcomes. This includes things like other people being subconsciously racist in matters such as hiring and how black people are perceived as physical threats.

2) Past and current systematic oppression has led to a culture among black people in the US that leads to them having less favourable outcomes. For instance, maybe among black culture there's less of a focus on education or certain values that lead to better life outcomes.

3) Black people are genetically inferior in some way, which leads to them not being capable of attaining the same average level of success as other races.

So that this isn't taken out of context, let me start with saying that 3 is thoroughly disproven in science. Lots of people still believe it, and I suppose that's a "valid" logical explanation for why white privilege doesn't exist. If you explain difference in white/black outcomes in terms of that, then I commend you for going mask off with your racism.

1 and 2 are both strict examples of white privilege. Obviously, the first explanation is an example of how being born white versus being born black gives you the advantage of having others see you in a way that favours you in such a way that you can't control, and that are completely disconnected from any sort of merit or accomplishment in your life. The second explanation is also a form of white privilege, and is certainly something that exists in the US. For example, black people are less likely to open bank accounts and keep money in cash because in the past major institutions such as banks constantly broke black trust. This is also an example of white privilege. Having a culture like that shape a black person's views is another way that, outside of their control and any of the choices and accomplishments they make in their life, their lives are impacted by a coin toss of whether they were born black or white. The first is, of course, more insidious and harder to overcome. There are many people in the US who look at Obama's achievements, becoming president of the country, and they still think he's inherently a lesser person because of the colour of his skin. The second is possible to overcome but it's a hurdle that white people don't have to overcome, leading to worse overall outcomes for black people and a more challenging path to success.

To anyone who still denies white privilege, can you explain why black people and white people have such drastically different life outcomes on average?

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 10:02 AM
You really wanna get into a racial debate? My housemate downstairs is black and he’s richer than I am, far richer. How’s that for privilege?

Second, I am not gonna start hating him or telling him to renounce his privilege lol that is outlandish. Why should be feel guilty for being rich lol?

Literally watch Fox News. I can’t remember which video, but this is LITERALLY happening right now during these protests. I saw that with my own eyes.

Third, I honestly can’t be arsed to deal with someone who has to discredit everything I say just because they disagree with me. I don’t even know where you’re coming from describing the shit that’s happening in SA as a conspiracy. It is NOT a conspiracy. Literally fucking google it and stop spewing your fucking ideology all
ober the place.

Foirth, it’s amazjng to be called a racist when you know literally nothing about me. All of my friends, and I mean all of them, not some, are either internationals or Dutch; none of them are from my home
coutnry lol. It is absurd to be describing me as a racist - but your ideology won’t let you see that.

White privilege my ass, it’s an advantage of being born into a richer family. White privileged does not fucking exist. It’s ‘advantage’, and it literally has nothing to do with race. It’s about your economic status. Unless you’re claiming Asians have had a historically significant stake jnuour society prior to the 20th century? Lol there were literally quotas on Asian people in the fucking Us. The only difference and honestly what people really hate to admit is that Asians, Ashkenazi Jews have higher IQs. That’s why they’re richer than the rest of the population. Blacks and Latinos has lower IQs, on average. This doesn’t mean that blacks or Latinos with high IQs dont exist, nor does it mean that blacks with high IQs don’t have an advantage../ het your fucking facts straight before you start calling people racist.

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 11:07 AM
Look at New York City if you want to see how many Asians are out protesting, or #Asians4BlackLivesMatter on instagram. But regardless, many people who support this movement are not going to be out on the streets due to coronavirus(myself included) or needing to work. There are many other ways to support it.

I hear Asian people say that about black people even if they just got off the boat, or lived here over 30 years and did not experience the Rodney King riots. Why? Because Asian people are racist anyway. My Vietnamese friend isn't allowed to marry Chinese. Japanese people are racist as fuck against Koreans.

Also statistics of crime are useless when black neighborhoods are overpoliced and whites are undercharged with crime because that's the way the system works. The prison system is an industrial complex. It no longer serves for justice. It has become privatized and runs as a business now, you should look into how fucked it has become.

omg nyc uwu
this is why i only hang out w asians.
haven't seen this b4, can u explain

oops_ur_dead
June 7th, 2020, 11:10 AM
You really wanna get into a racial debate? My housemate downstairs is black and he’s richer than I am, far richer. How’s that for privilege?

Second, I am not gonna start hating him or telling him to renounce his privilege lol that is outlandish. Why should be feel guilty for being rich lol?

Literally watch Fox News. I can’t remember which video, but this is LITERALLY happening right now during these protests. I saw that with my own eyes.

Third, I honestly can’t be arsed to deal with someone who has to discredit everything I say just because they disagree with me. I don’t even know where you’re coming from describing the shit that’s happening in SA as a conspiracy. It is NOT a conspiracy. Literally fucking google it and stop spewing your fucking ideology all
ober the place.

Foirth, it’s amazjng to be called a racist when you know literally nothing about me. All of my friends, and I mean all of them, not some, are either internationals or Dutch; none of them are from my home
coutnry lol. It is absurd to be describing me as a racist - but your ideology won’t let you see that.

White privilege my ass, it’s an advantage of being born into a richer family. White privileged does not fucking exist. It’s ‘advantage’, and it literally has nothing to do with race. It’s about your economic status. Unless you’re claiming Asians have had a historically significant stake jnuour society prior to the 20th century? Lol there were literally quotas on Asian people in the fucking Us. The only difference and honestly what people really hate to admit is that Asians, Ashkenazi Jews have higher IQs. That’s why they’re richer than the rest of the population. Blacks and Latinos has lower IQs, on average. This doesn’t mean that blacks or Latinos with high IQs dont exist, nor does it mean that blacks with high IQs don’t have an advantage../ het your fucking facts straight before you start calling people racist.

It's weird how you're strawmanning me and saying I said things which I didn't. I didn't say you're racist. I didn't say that people should "denounce their privilege" or feel guilty. I don't even know what that means, I just think it's downright ignorant to deny that certain people have advantages from things they're born as that they have no control over.

Regarding the SA farm murders, there's a plethora of data that show that the whole thing is a conspiracy theory. Start with this article: https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2018/aug/24/donald-trump/trump-tweets-incorrect-south-african-land-seizures/

I really do love how you spend an entire post defending yourself from being called racist, then end it by saying that black people are disadvantaged because they have a lower IQ.

naz
June 7th, 2020, 12:15 PM
haven't seen this b4, can u explain
i don't know about in america, i meant in japan itself. there are like no japanese in houston but lots of viet/korean/chinese. o.o

from what i know, it's like deep rooted - i haven't read much on it except what comes up in some of the books i've read and what i hear from my friend in japan. my friend who moved to japan to teach english 7 years ago has even picked up on the anti-korean sentiment himself (as in he's kinda racist against em OwO idk if its just to fit in or if its bc hes racist anyway u ^u)
japan's section on the Anti-Korean sentiment wikipedia page is the biggest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Korean_sentiment#Japan

2 random articles:
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2019/04/17/Anti-Korean-racism-on-the-rise-in-Japan-filmmaker-says/5661555477281/ (<- need to disable adblock)

"a series of articles run by the Shukan Post earlier this month titled “Goodbye to our annoying neighbour: Why we don’t need South Korea”." - https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/article/3027900/japans-tabloid-media-accused-racism-towards-south-korea-tourism

a published scientific article: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1878029614000565

naz
June 7th, 2020, 12:16 PM

LOOOOOOOOL

oops why do u bother responding to this mess he doesn't even acknowledge his faulty sources

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 12:21 PM
i don't know about in america, i meant in japan itself. there are like no japanese in houston but lots of viet/korean/chinese. o.o

from what i know, it's like deep rooted - i haven't read much on it except what comes up in some of the books i've read and what i hear from my friend in japan. my friend who moved to japan to teach english 7 years ago has even picked up on the anti-korean sentiment himself (as in he's kinda racist against em OwO idk if its just to fit in or if its bc hes racist anyway u ^u)
japan's section on the Anti-Korean sentiment wikipedia page is the biggest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Korean_sentiment#Japan

2 random articles:
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2019/04/17/Anti-Korean-racism-on-the-rise-in-Japan-filmmaker-says/5661555477281/ (<- need to disable adblock)

"a series of articles run by the Shukan Post earlier this month titled “Goodbye to our annoying neighbour: Why we don’t need South Korea”." - https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/article/3027900/japans-tabloid-media-accused-racism-towards-south-korea-tourism

a published scientific article: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1878029614000565

oh yea it's prob a lot worse in japan uwu.

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 12:41 PM
It's weird how you're strawmanning me and saying I said things which I didn't. I didn't say you're racist. I didn't say that people should "denounce their privilege" or feel guilty. I don't even know what that means, I just think it's downright ignorant to deny that certain people have advantages from things they're born as that they have no control over.

Regarding the SA farm murders, there's a plethora of data that show that the whole thing is a conspiracy theory. Start with this article: https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2018/aug/24/donald-trump/trump-tweets-incorrect-south-african-land-seizures/

I really do love how you spend an entire post defending yourself from being called racist, then end it by saying that black people are disadvantaged because they have a lower IQ.
‘you’re some kind of racist’
sure bruh.

oops_ur_dead
June 7th, 2020, 12:41 PM
LOOOOOOOOL

oops why do u bother responding to this mess he doesn't even acknowledge his faulty sources

You know, what's funny is I actually know exactly the video he's talking about because I also saw it on Fox News. What Fox News didn't say about it is that it's fake; it was a livestreamer going around provoking and trolling people during the protests. The same guy tried to get a group of protesters to flip a truck on livestream, after which they rightfully told him to fuck off and he scurried away like a bitch.

oops_ur_dead
June 7th, 2020, 12:42 PM
‘you’re some kind of racist’
sure bruh.

"either some kind of racist or you're wilfully ignorant"

Please don't try to misquote me.

EDIT: though that was before you said the reason that black people are disadvantaged in society is because they're less intelligent than white people.

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 01:17 PM
They are, it’s a fact. IQ has a .3 correlation with income...
It is LITERALLY A fact that races differ by IQ. And a fact that IQ is significant in terms of how much money you earn as an adult.

We shouldn’t get the wrong idea. There is virtually no correlation between income and virtue. Being smarter doesn’t make you more moral. I’m not the one pushing this claim, Jordan Peterson is. Go watch his videos if you don’t believe me.

oops_ur_dead
June 7th, 2020, 01:31 PM
It is LITERALLY A fact that races differ by IQ. And a fact that IQ is significant in terms of how much money you earn as an adult.

We shouldn’t get the wrong idea. There is virtually no correlation between income and virtue. Being smarter doesn’t make you more moral. I’m not the one pushing this claim, Jordan Peterson is. Go watch his videos if you don’t believe me.

It's a fact that races differ by IQ. It's not a fact (and quite racist to pretend that it is) that certain races are genetically predisposed to be more intelligent than others.

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 01:34 PM
LOOOOOOOOL

naz honestly I’m drunk rn so I don’t really care. I like you so I don’t like it when I see you on the same side of the fence as oops. I don’t know what to else say bc honestly I’m drunk 😆

secondpassing
June 7th, 2020, 01:45 PM

Ganelon you gotta switch the ordering of these two ideas. I quite like Jordan Peterson (and his video on IQ) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m91vhePuzdo), but if you don't switch the second paragraph and the first paragraph, people are going to think you're racist.

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 01:49 PM
Ganelon you gotta switch the ordering of these two ideas. I quite like Jordan Peterson (and his video on IQ) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m91vhePuzdo), but if you don't switch the second paragraph and the first paragraph, people are going to think you're racist.
You’re righy. I’ll switch them up. Honestly I’m at a birthday and quite drunk

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 01:56 PM
I think what Naz is saying might be true of native Asians, not of Asian Americans. Don’t confuse the two groups

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 01:59 PM
hi funnkles uwu

Frinckles
June 7th, 2020, 02:03 PM
hi funnkles uwu

Hi ceko

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 03:11 PM
Hi ceko

owo nuzzles. uwu

BananaCucho
June 7th, 2020, 03:34 PM
Racism is literally:

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

You can't say racist shit and then wonder why people call it out as racist.

BananaCucho
June 7th, 2020, 03:38 PM

This is anecdotal and not evidence. Since you like pointing out logical fallacies so much. Look at the data instead.

PowersThatBe
June 7th, 2020, 03:55 PM
Black Lives Matter

secondpassing
June 7th, 2020, 05:36 PM
Racism is literally:

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

prej·u·dice
/ˈprejədəs/
noun
1.preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
"English prejudice against foreigners"
(and in this context, the prejudice would have to be negative)

dis·crim·i·na·tion
/dəˌskriməˈnāSH(ə)n/
noun
1.the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
(and in this context, the discrimination would have to be negative)

an·tag·o·nism
/anˈtaɡəˌnizəm/
noun
active hostility or opposition.

Based on these definitions and what he has posted in the thread, one cannot say that Ganelon is racist. Note that he did not equate intellect, or general intelligence g, with value, which means he does not believe that White people are better than Black people. Furthermore, calling someone racist is a quick way to get them to disagree with you.

Brendan
June 7th, 2020, 05:40 PM
Honestly I’m not pleased about how Trump handled things at first either. If he doesn’t get his shit together, im hoping either Ted Cruz or Ben Carson will run for President. Hell, let’s resurrect Kennedy and Reagan and have them run for President, too.

ur trolling right?

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 06:14 PM
ur trolling right?

yes

yzb25
June 7th, 2020, 07:05 PM
Oh, no, I wasn’t claiming they did lol. I doubt most people on this website want that.
When I target BLM and attack them I’m specifically attacking the movement itself - organizers, activists, etc - not the people here. I hope nobody is taking my comments as personal attacks because they are not meant as such. That would be quite rich anyways because of how much I fight against personal attacks lol.

In any event, you are probably right in that some police brutality does exist. I guess that the temptation is to deny it exists at all when faced with arguments you believe to be either a) immoral or b) completely wrong.

btw, off-topic but yzb, you are probably the strangest far-left winger I know lol. I’m not saying this as an insult, I just find it interesting because even attitude wise you are pretty different from what I would consider your average radical leftist. Like in many cases I just see them hating the rich instead of loving poor, but I don’t see that here. You’re probably aware of this but if you’re interested in someone who is also left wing and erm, not authoritarian (but still far left), you should check out Slavoj Zizek. He is also a strange left winger, so strange that I don’t even understand his views.

I know Zizek. He's pretty cool. Also I don't think I'm as different as you think from other leftists honestly. Typing behind a monitor allows you to give a much more level-headed and thoughtful response to people's points. If I type rage I know I'm just being self-indulgent. That doesn't apply in real life, where I can be just as edgy as any other leftist. Elements of my ideology necessarily imply that there is continual, gross injustice perpetuated at all times due to political and economic power being concentrated in the hands of a relatively small group of individuals who possess goals irreconcilable with the rest of society, and whose power is inherently exploitative. Noone who acknowledges that can keep a level head about it at all times, unless they're super chill like Zizek.

However, I don't hate anyone. And, in my experience, the vast majority of radical leftists don't hate anyone. Hateful people are everywhere, and partisan news outlets like Fox News and MSNBC are going to cherry pick examples of hateful people from the other side and show them 24/7. However, my ideology also necessarily implies that there is nothing inherently evil in people who continually exploit others through their economic power, because the capitalist system we live in necessitates that we all continually exploit one another to preserve our current state. Radical leftists may get angry at times or say stupid things at times - trying to find people to blame is human nature, ultimately. But the issue is the system, not billionaires.

tl;dr we don't hate rich people so pls stop misrepping us because Fox News made that up :P

yzb25
June 7th, 2020, 07:12 PM
Obama managing to get elected president really doesn't say a whole lot about how much racism there is in America. That's like trying to suggest anti-semitism wasn't rampant in late 19th century Britain because Benjamin Disraeli managed to get elected Prime Minister. Individuals in an unfair system can overcome the specificities of their situation through a shittonne of luck and talent.

Also, I assume by "0.3 correlation" you mean 0.3 using the regression correlation coefficient. 0.3 is an extremely weak correlation. That corresponds to an extremely chaotic placement of dots on a graph that your formula tells you happens to look vaguely like a positively sloped line if you squint hard enough. Furthermore, the correlation between intelligence, a subjective and ambiguous concept in the first place, and income is already a very tenuous relationship. Trying to go IQ -> income -> intelligence is very bad science.

yzb25
June 7th, 2020, 07:23 PM
People can have honest conversations about whether there is reason to believe people of different "races" can have a statistical tendency towards different mental features. (Though "race" is not a well-defined clade like "german shepherds" and is more of a human construct so some care needs to be taken). It is obviously well established that some "races" tend to have slightly different physical attributes at the margins, as illustrated by black people crushing it at the 100m during every Olympics.

The issue comes from "scientific racism", however. Academia has a long and painful legacy of using bogus biology to try and justify racism by measuring skull sizes and shit to try and "prove" certain races have "inherently inferior intellect" and whatnot. As a result, trying to research into such things has become, with good reason, highly contentious. However, it is at least understood that any differences would be very subtle and only noticable at the margins, like with the 100m race.

yzb25
June 7th, 2020, 07:24 PM
I'll stop now :P

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 07:55 PM
I know Zizek. He's pretty cool. Also I don't think I'm as different as you think from other leftists honestly. Typing behind a monitor allows you to give a much more level-headed and thoughtful response to people's points. If I type rage I know I'm just being self-indulgent. That doesn't apply in real life, where I can be just as edgy as any other leftist. Elements of my ideology necessarily imply that there is continual, gross injustice perpetuated at all times due to political and economic power being concentrated in the hands of a relatively small group of individuals who possess goals irreconcilable with the rest of society, and whose power is inherently exploitative. Noone who acknowledges that can keep a level head about it at all times, unless they're super chill like Zizek.

However, I don't hate anyone. And, in my experience, the vast majority of radical leftists don't hate anyone. Hateful people are everywhere, and partisan news outlets like Fox News and MSNBC are going to cherry pick examples of hateful people from the other side and show them 24/7. However, my ideology also necessarily implies that there is nothing inherently evil in people who continually exploit others through their economic power, because the capitalist system we live in necessitates that we all continually exploit one another to preserve our current state. Radical leftists may get angry at times or say stupid things at times - trying to find people to blame is human nature, ultimately. But the issue is the system, not billionaires.

tl;dr we don't hate rich people so pls stop misrepping us because Fox News made that up :P

bro im theexact opposite of u. i always rrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee online but irl, i'm as cooll as a cuwucumber in december

aaaaaaaaaaaack u seem like u've life figured out uwu. i'm so jelly ;W;

yzb25
June 7th, 2020, 08:01 PM
Sorry I'm a hypocrite and I'm spewing pages but i really wanna add one more thing. I don't think these sorts of points about race make someone a racist. You see the 100m on TV, you think "hmm I wonder if that generalizes to anything else" and then you make some hypotheses about Asians being better at academics and whatnot. There's problematic undertones that should be addressed but I hear a lot of older people say that sort of thing with no ill intent. I think it's very uncharitable to label them as "racist or wilfully ignorant". Everyone is ignorant about some very important subject. Making out like they're choosing that is unfair.

yzb25
June 7th, 2020, 08:03 PM
bro im theexact opposite of u. i always rrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee online but irl, i'm as cooll as a cuwucumber in december

aaaaaaaaaaaack u seem like u've life figured out uwu. i'm so jelly ;W;

That might be the better way to be. Use online as the outlet. Idek tbh lol T_T

DJarJar
June 7th, 2020, 08:06 PM
ganelon, you’re arguing that the average black person is poor because he’s stupid. I’d argue that he’s stupid because he’s poor. If you’re born into a ghetto your chances of having a good education are obviously going to be much lower than somebody born in a nice suburban town. Obviously, starting from the end of slavery where almost all black people were naturally going to be dirt poor, you can perhaps fathom why black people are on average poorer. I’d argue all the other stuff - education level, “IQ”, crime rate, wages... are naturally going to follow from being born poor. It’s not like it’s that easy to move up in economic class from your parents. People do it, but you can’t expect it to magically happen in just a few generations for millions of black people at once. Plus, Jim Crow laws were still in effect for a long time after slavery, making it pretty much impossible for a black person to have any significant upwards mobility.

Marshmallow Marshall
June 7th, 2020, 08:31 PM
ganelon, you’re arguing that the average black person is poor because he’s stupid. I’d argue that he’s stupid because he’s poor. If you’re born into a ghetto your chances of having a good education are obviously going to be much lower than somebody born in a nice suburban town. Obviously, starting from the end of slavery where almost all black people were naturally going to be dirt poor, you can perhaps fathom why black people are on average poorer. I’d argue all the other stuff - education level, “IQ”, crime rate, wages... are naturally going to follow from being born poor. It’s not like it’s that easy to move up in economic class from your parents. People do it, but you can’t expect it to magically happen in just a few generations for millions of black people at once. Plus, Jim Crow laws were still in effect for a long time after slavery, making it pretty much impossible for a black person to have any significant upwards mobility.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think you may or may not have been arguing with a drunk guy on the topic of racism and racial tensions, although you're right and accurate in what you say lol.

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 09:15 PM
That might be the better way to be. Use online as the outlet. Idek tbh lol T_T

eh, it's nothing to worry about uvu

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 09:33 PM
Racism is literally:

Bruh, this isn’t racist... it’s tge scientific consensus lol. Idk why y’all acting so outraged. I did not say blacks were inferior. There is no relationship between intelligence and morality lol.

Frinckles
June 7th, 2020, 09:35 PM
You guys are crazy uwu

DJarJar
June 7th, 2020, 09:38 PM
You guys are crazy uwu

owo

Frinckles
June 7th, 2020, 09:40 PM
owo

Well personally my opinion as partblack uwu is stop destroying shit.

Frinckles
June 7th, 2020, 09:41 PM
Too controversial?? Stop destroying shit.

Frinckles
June 7th, 2020, 09:49 PM
Have I experienced racism? Sure. I've experienced "white privilege" too lol. And maybe I'm not invested enough. I just want people to be awesome to eahother. And why shouldn't we?

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 09:55 PM
I’m also from a group with lower IQ than average, just so you know. I really am not arguing from a position of racial superiority here or whatever.

https://human-stupidity.com/stupid-dogma/racial-differences-intelligence/race-differences-in-intelligence-how-i-changed-my-mind

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 09:56 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think you may or may not have been arguing with a drunk guy on the topic of racism and racial tensions, although you're right and accurate in what you say lol.
Just because I was drunk doesn’t mean I didn’t mean what I said lol

BananaCucho
June 7th, 2020, 10:06 PM
Bruh, this isn’t racist... it’s tge scientific consensus lol. Idk why y’all acting so outraged. I did not say blacks were inferior. There is no relationship between intelligence and morality lol.

Given that race is a social construct and there is no such thing as a biological race, there is NO scientific consensus that any race is genetically predisposed to have higher IQ than another race.

BananaCucho
June 7th, 2020, 10:08 PM
Have I experienced racism? Sure. I've experienced "white privilege" too lol. And maybe I'm not invested enough. I just want people to be awesome to eahother. And why shouldn't we?

Party on dudes!

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 10:17 PM
My tone was too harsh in that last post, sorry.

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 10:22 PM
Possibly, but interracial adoption studies seem to prove there is also a significant genetic component to IQ too. What you’re saying will be most influential during childhood (IQ has a .5 correlation with genetics then), but probably less so in adulthood (.8 correlation there).

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 10:24 PM
And honestly the idea of IQ only being 80% heritable is scary. Just imagine being Albert Einstein and marrying Marie Curie and gfathering someone way dumber than you are lol. Every parent/child’s nightmare lol

DJarJar
June 7th, 2020, 10:26 PM
Possibly, but interracial adoption studies seem to prove there is also a significant genetic component to IQ too. What you’re saying will be most influential during childhood (IQ has a .5 correlation with genetics then), but probably less so in adulthood (.8 correlation there).

your source is here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race,_Evolution,_and_Behavior

Feel free to read about its flaws if you care

BananaCucho
June 7th, 2020, 10:40 PM
your source is here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race,_Evolution,_and_Behavior

Feel free to read about its flaws if you care

"Valencia identified the main areas of criticism as focusing on Rushton's use of "race" as a biological concept, a failure to appreciate the extent of variation within populations compared with that between populations, a false separation of genetics and environment, poor statistical methodology, a failure to consider alternative hypotheses, and the use of unreliable and inappropriate data to draw conclusions about the relationship between brain size and intelligence. According to Valencia, "experts in life history conclude that Rushton's (1995) work is pseudoscientific and racist.""

Seems like a scientific consensus to me!

BananaCucho
June 7th, 2020, 10:48 PM
prej·u·dice
/ˈprejədəs/
noun
1.preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
"English prejudice against foreigners"
(and in this context, the prejudice would have to be negative)

dis·crim·i·na·tion
/dəˌskriməˈnāSH(ə)n/
noun
1.the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
(and in this context, the discrimination would have to be negative)

an·tag·o·nism
/anˈtaɡəˌnizəm/
noun
active hostility or opposition.

Based on these definitions and what he has posted in the thread, one cannot say that Ganelon is racist. Note that he did not equate intellect, or general intelligence g, with value, which means he does not believe that White people are better than Black people. Furthermore, calling someone racist is a quick way to get them to disagree with you.

If you cant see how falsely claiming that one race is genetically disposed to have a higher IQ to another is prejudiced or antagonistic in any way, I don't know what to say to you.

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 11:12 PM
owo

ubeat me to iwt owoDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDADEEEEEEEEEOHWAYWU BADAYYGODAYYYYYYYY

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 11:13 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FEENCKLESHAS BEENCORRUPTED BY THEH XTOXICITY OF THIS THREAD!!!!ONCE U POST, U NEVER COME BACK.UWU

secondpassing
June 7th, 2020, 11:18 PM
If you cant see how falsely claiming that one race is genetically disposed to have a higher IQ to another is prejudiced or antagonistic in any way, I don't know what to say to you.

Note that he did not equate intellect, or general intelligence g, with value, which means he does not believe that White people are better than Black people.

Assuming his view reflects the truth of reality, it still doesn't show he is racist. Having a lower or higher IQ is more of just a trait rather than a basis to judge a person's worth in society.

Moral = good
Immoral = bad

Black = eh
Yellow = eh

Smart = eh
Not smart = eh
Rich = eh

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 11:19 PM
Assuming his view reflects the truth of reality, it still doesn't show he is racist. Having a lower or higher IQ is more of just a trait rather than a basis to judge a person's worth in society.

Moral = good
Immoral = bad

Black = eh
Yellow = eh

Smart = eh
Not smart = eh
Rich = eh

nou uwu

Ganelon
It isn’t antagonistic... it is definitely not 100% the case that what I’m saying is wrong, either. We can debate the merits and flaws of that study, but doing so and acknowledging that racial differences in IQ could be genetic is not racism. Personally, that study, and lectures I’ve watched sounded pretty convincing to me. It’s also hard to dispense with the interracial adoption studies.

Im not being racist here. I’m Eastern Euro and that’s a group that tends to have lower IQs; I’m not trying t assert the superiority of any race over the other; I’m about as neutral an observer as one can be, lol.

theoneceko
isit wacist to say asians r shorter

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 11:21 PM
Anyways I did see something that might be construed as wrong or even bad science on that website I linked. They seem to be linking intellect with sociability and a number of other traits, and AFAIK there is no relationship between sociability and intelligence.

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 11:23 PM
isit wacist to say asians r shorter
I would make a racist joke here but I’m afraid people would interpret it as me being racist :p

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 11:25 PM
my bern just uuwu'ed owo

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 11:34 PM
thisreputation comment is gonna stay on my profile ffs secondpassing . i dont want a reminderof this thread

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 11:34 PM
altho i just didsome thinking and REALLY liked urpoint. so u should've just posted it here uwu

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 11:38 PM
Anyways I did see something that might be construed as wrong or even bad science on that website I linked. They seem to be linking intellect with sociability and a number of other traits, and AFAIK there is no relationship between sociability and intelligence.

iwas thinking that more big-bren u are, less social u tend to be.

sincesmart ppl tend to be more anxiousowo

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 11:42 PM
Yeah I was thinking about the same thing, but that is a separate personality trait known as agreeableness coupled with neuroticism. AFAIK those are separate from IQ.

Ganelon
June 7th, 2020, 11:44 PM
One other thing that worried me is the way the table ranked certain traits from low to high, without explaining how it was measured or what metric they used. That smells bad to me. It’s possible they described that somewhere in the paper, I suppose.

theoneceko
June 7th, 2020, 11:58 PM
Yeah I was thinking about the same thing, but that is a separate personality trait known as agreeableness coupled with neuroticism. AFAIK those are separate from IQ.

nou uwu

oops_ur_dead
June 8th, 2020, 01:59 AM
lmao this conversation really went from "i'm not racist" to "it's not racist to say black people are dumber than white people"

Ganelon
June 8th, 2020, 02:19 AM
Tbh if that’s your reaction then it’s pretty clear you’re just intent on causing trouble

oops_ur_dead
June 8th, 2020, 02:27 AM
I don't think I'm alone in my assumptions my dude. I challenge you to go up to random people on the street and ask them if it's racist to think that black people are genetically predisposed to be less intelligent than white people. Then come back and tell us the results.

Ganelon
June 8th, 2020, 02:30 AM
One thing I will say about police brutality however is that it undoubtedly does exist. That video Voss linked doesn’t look good for the two cops. It remains to be seen whether they’ll be found guilty, but even if they are, incidents do happen. The issue as I see it is that when you’re hiring cops, you’re recruiting people who have a higher incidence of psychopathy than the rest of the population. I would assume that some pretty serious screening processes are in place for determining who gets to become part of the emergency response unit, but the issue as I see it is that people who are compassionate, loving and agreeable would suck as policemen. I am not agreeable but I am fairly compassionate; I doubt whether I could kill someone even if I was in the ‘right’ to do it. My point is, you’re recruiting from a tainted sample, and I don’t see any quick solutions to that problem. I don’t think defunding the police force is a good idea, however. I’m not sure what needs to be done... I would say it probably should start with better police training, and maybe stricter guidelines. What is a very good ides however is to put cams on pretty much every cop if possible. I really don’t know what needs doing, it’s a very complicated problem that we can’t just fix by axing the police force.

Ganelon
June 8th, 2020, 02:31 AM
I don't think I'm alone in my assumptions my dude. I challenge you to go up to random people on the street and ask them if it's racist to think that black people are genetically predisposed to be less intelligent than white people. Then come back and tell us the results.
Science is not a democracy and public opinion does not determine facts. Facts ignore ideology.

oops_ur_dead
June 8th, 2020, 02:34 AM
Science is not a democracy and public opinion does not determine facts. Facts ignore ideology.

I'm well aware of that. The science doesn't support your opinions, however. Perhaps consider diversifying the information that you intake rather than just watching Fox News and reading weird alt-right conspiracy blogs.

DJarJar
June 8th, 2020, 02:43 AM

Right, facts ignore ideology. Yet some people of any opposing ideologies will bullshit their studies to support their side. The only way for an individual to really tell truth from fiction is if you can objectively assess the quality of the study by yourself

oops_ur_dead
June 8th, 2020, 02:45 AM
By the way, since you value the science of intelligence so much, care to account for why multiple studies show that conservatives are largely stupider (both in terms of IQ and general intelligence) than liberals?

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0190272510361602
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0956797611421206

And why people who watch Fox News are in general less informed than people who watch no news at all?

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2604679
http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2012/confirmed/final.pdf

Ganelon
June 8th, 2020, 02:49 AM
Right, facts ignore ideology. Yet some people of any opposing ideologies will bullshit their studies to support their side. The only way for an individual to really tell truth from fiction is if you can objectively assess the quality of the study by yourself
Indeed, I was reacting to the idea that talking about IQ differences is racist. I have not looked at that particular study in depth, I will though. For now, it seems to me that there’s a strong genetic component to intelligence.

Anyway, which of the flaws would you like to discuss?

Ganelon
June 8th, 2020, 02:54 AM
By the way, since you value the science of intelligence so much, care to account for why multiple studies show that conservatives are largely stupider (both in terms of IQ and general intelligence) than liberals?

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0190272510361602
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0956797611421206

And why people who watch Fox News are in general less informed than people who watch no news at all?

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2604679
http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2012/confirmed/final.pdf
This is true, yes. Liberals are high in openness (and therefore in creativity). It’s why many in academia are on the left wing. The issue I think is that so-called liberals nowadays aren’t very liberal. I don’t know if I am a liberal or a conservative; that’s a tough question. I’m somewhere in the center and right leaning, but I don’t like describing myself as a conservative. I guess you could say I’m conservative about my liberalism.
Conservative liberal?

Ganelon
June 8th, 2020, 02:55 AM
Many entrepreneurs are liberal btw.

oops_ur_dead
June 8th, 2020, 02:59 AM
This is true, yes. Liberals are high in openness (and therefore in creativity). It’s why many in academia are on the left wing. The issue I think is that so-called liberals nowadays aren’t very liberal. I don’t know if I am a liberal or a conservative; that’s a tough question. I’m somewhere in the center and right leaning, but I don’t like describing myself as a conservative. I guess you could say I’m conservative about my liberalism.
Conservative liberal?

I agree that the terms are antiquated and misused a lot in the media. People would call me a leftist when I'm quite centrist in economic terms, just extremely pro-personal freedom.

Mugy
June 8th, 2020, 03:16 AM
The broken term of "liberal" is an American(Maybe North American) creation that seems to refer to social issues. Outside of CanMerica "Liberal" is more of a "Liberatarian lite" or neo-liberal in the context of economics. It means economic liberalism, i.e. deregulation and tax cuts. I believe this is opposite to what North Americans refer to as "liberal".

What CanMericans would consider "Liberal" social policy would probably be described as socially progressive or simply left.

yzb25
June 8th, 2020, 04:09 AM

NO PICK A SIDE YOU FUCKING PUSSY

DJarJar
June 8th, 2020, 04:17 AM
NO PICK A SIDE YOU FUCKING PUSSY

you guys laugh but it's not like you always have the choice to pick a side

SuperJack
June 8th, 2020, 04:44 AM
Confirmed.

Frinckles is Michael Jackson

Marshmallow Marshall
June 8th, 2020, 05:28 AM
Just because I was drunk doesn’t mean I didn’t mean what I said lol

Oh ok lol

btw, "superior" includes intelligence and morality cough cough (don't quarantine me)

Ganelon
June 8th, 2020, 05:46 AM
You can be an evil genius or a good person with Downs.
Was Ted Bundy stupid? Probably not, not as far as I know.
He made it to college which indicates his IQ was >= 115. And as we all know, he was an evil prick.
An even better example is Ted Kaczynski (the UNABomber). He went to Harvard when he was 16 and became a professor very young. He used to send bombs to various organizations he didn’t like.

Ganelon
June 8th, 2020, 11:23 PM
Obama managing to get elected president really doesn't say a whole lot about how much racism there is in America. That's like trying to suggest anti-semitism wasn't rampant in late 19th century Britain because Benjamin Disraeli managed to get elected Prime Minister. Individuals in an unfair system can overcome the specificities of their situation through a shittonne of luck and talent.

Also, I assume by "0.3 correlation" you mean 0.3 using the regression correlation coefficient. 0.3 is an extremely weak correlation. That corresponds to an extremely chaotic placement of dots on a graph that your formula tells you happens to look vaguely like a positively sloped line if you squint hard enough. Furthermore, the correlation between intelligence, a subjective and ambiguous concept in the first place, and income is already a very tenuous relationship. Trying to go IQ -> income -> intelligence is very bad science.
Sorry, you might be right about the numbers there, although I’m not going by IQ -> income -> intelligence; intelligence comes immediately after IQ. Intelligence itself refers to general intelligence, which is more or less a conglomerate of spatial, verbal and (mathematical?) intelligence. This might be weird but really it’s mostly intelligence <- IQ -> ‘life outcome’. Which is sort of complicated. And now imagine there’s a dotted curve going between intelligence and life outcome.

Frinckles
June 8th, 2020, 11:27 PM
Confirmed.

Frinckles is Michael Jackson

SmugPepe

Ganelon
June 8th, 2020, 11:33 PM
Secondly MM pm’d me and he thinks I did not present my views properly and that that made people think I am some kind of racist. If you look at the racial adoption studies, it’s really a grim literature. You really think I want certain groups to be less intelligent than others? I actually didn’t believe the studies myself at first, either, but they’re tough to dispute. One thing though, this absolutely doesn’t imply we should start viewing blacks as inferior or whatever. We tried something like that during the WWII (Germany did); look how it turned out. It’s completely immoral, and we shouldn’t start killing people for any reason.

Ash
June 9th, 2020, 12:09 AM
Holy fucking shit. It's time to stop swallowing everything that Fox News gives you and it's time you actually research everything you hear rather than have your pants down and bending over for agenda-pushing media. They are literally shitting down your mouth with the propaganda machine.

To argue that genetics is the sole reason for IQ is extremely fucking racist, because you are largely ignoring the fact that African-Americans have been exploited economically and socially throughout their lives. You are ignoring the funding gap between non-white schools and white schools in the US. You are ignoring the economical struggle that African-Americans have had to go through since the abolishment of slavery, such as sharecropping, Jim Crow Laws and modern day Cancer Alley (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer_Alley).

Instead of listening to Peter Wankerson, Ben Shapiro or whatever you listen to, you should look into the Pygmalion Effect (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmalion_effect). Basically with better education and higher expectations of students, you could expect a higher IQ of those students. However because there is lower funding for non-white schools, the opposite effect takes place. The way funding works for American schools is actually counter-intuitive and doesn't improve on decreasing poverty and crime rates. It really has nothing to do with genetics. Race has nothing to do with intellectual genotype, race is better used to describe your physical phenotype.

On a side note it's actually really funny how Fox News and other Trump cum-gargling motherfuckers will use shitty scientific evidence to fuel racism. However when it comes to abortion, global warming, or vaccination, they will immediately discard all scientific evidence and rely on morality or some other bullshit.

Ganelon
June 9th, 2020, 12:29 AM
Lol what
i don’t understand this moral outrage over my post. I did not say it was the sole reason, I said it was the main reason.
I’ve never been described as a ‘cum-gargling Trump supporter’, though, that’s hilarious. Also homophobic btw :P

Ganelon
June 9th, 2020, 12:31 AM
And yes, genetics plays a very significant role in IQ. Like 80%...

Ganelon
June 9th, 2020, 12:34 AM
It’s hilarious you’ve spewed so much shit about me xD I don’t even listen to political figures that much, mostly to academics. I don’t like Shapiro, I feel he’s too conservative and I do not agree with his stance of abortion. I’ve never even heard of the other guy you just mentioned.

DJarJar
June 9th, 2020, 12:42 AM
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6526420/

Ganelon

DJarJar
June 9th, 2020, 12:43 AM
Holy fucking shit. It's time to stop swallowing everything that Fox News gives you and it's time you actually research everything you hear rather than have your pants down and bending over for agenda-pushing media. They are literally shitting down your mouth with the propaganda machine.

To argue that genetics is the sole reason for IQ is extremely fucking racist, because you are largely ignoring the fact that African-Americans have been exploited economically and socially throughout their lives. You are ignoring the funding gap between non-white schools and white schools in the US. You are ignoring the economical struggle that African-Americans have had to go through since the abolishment of slavery, such as sharecropping, Jim Crow Laws and modern day Cancer Alley (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer_Alley).

Instead of listening to Peter Wankerson, Ben Shapiro or whatever you listen to, you should look into the Pygmalion Effect (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmalion_effect). Basically with better education and higher expectations of students, you could expect a higher IQ of those students. However because there is lower funding for non-white schools, the opposite effect takes place. The way funding works for American schools is actually counter-intuitive and doesn't improve on decreasing poverty and crime rates. It really has nothing to do with genetics. Race has nothing to do with intellectual genotype, race is better used to describe your physical phenotype.

On a side note it's actually really funny how Fox News and other Trump cum-gargling motherfuckers will use shitty scientific evidence to fuel racism. However when it comes to abortion, global warming, or vaccination, they will immediately discard all scientific evidence and rely on morality or some other bullshit.

Please don’t dip into personal attacks

DJarJar
June 9th, 2020, 12:54 AM

Ganelon

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1801.10544.pdf

It’s easy enough to find studies that support either narrative. I believe what many of the others here are trying to say is that it would probably be best if you sought sources from both sides and then decided what to believe. If you only look at right-leaning sources that’s the only side you’ll ever hear, and the same is true for the left.

Ganelon
June 9th, 2020, 01:07 AM
You’re right. I will look at the study in a bit. Maybe I’m wrong. Would be nice if I were...

Ash
June 9th, 2020, 01:09 AM
And yes, genetics plays a very significant role in IQ. Like 80%...
Arthur Jensen's studies have been refuted by various other scientific studies, such as Turkheimer's studies, who claims IQ varies with socioeconomic status. So if Peter is using Arthur Jensen's studies without a solid basis, it seems like he may be trying to push a racist agenda.

Please don’t dip into personal attacks
Literally not a single personal attack in my post. If you can point out this so-called attack on my post, then I'll edit it out. But as it seems, I never called anyone an offensive derogatory term. Let's not be snowflakes now.

oops_ur_dead
June 9th, 2020, 02:20 AM
It’s hilarious you’ve spewed so much shit about me xD I don’t even listen to political figures that much, mostly to academics. I don’t like Shapiro, I feel he’s too conservative and I do not agree with his stance of abortion. I’ve never even heard of the other guy you just mentioned.

Listening to non-political science academics on political matters is really fucking dumb because 99% of the time they're weirdos and have no idea what the fuck they're talking about. That's why so-called meritocracies are an awful idea.

SuperJack
June 9th, 2020, 02:29 AM
Also don't just look into the end result of any research/statistics.

You will often find that the conclusion presented is very easily weighed.

For example, during our election the blue party attacked the red party's plan to raise tax. Claiming that on average everyone in the UK will be paying thousands of more tax.

Yet, the red party had only planned to raise taxes for those who earn over 85'000 or so. Which would mean that the majority of the population wouldn't see any tax raise and it was only for the rich.

But because the blue party included EVERYONE (including those who wouldn't have to pay more) and then slammed it into an average to make it look like everyone was going to pay.

Blues conclusion isn't wrong, it's just wrongly presented.

Another example is if there was an article on how more people died this year due too the heat than every before.

Yet that article excluded the rise in population and only took on pure number, and excluded other effects like how many less died from the cold.

So don't go taking "results" too heart as fact. Make sure you research how it was reached, and presented.

You will see r
Propaganda networks do this a lot, they also present unrelated correlation. Like that time fox showed the rise in the stock market and compared it to Floyd's death.
Showing it like this makes some people think his death=benefit.

oops_ur_dead
June 9th, 2020, 04:32 AM
Also as a general rule of thumb, if you have to start pulling out the dictionary to prove you aren't racist, you're probably racist as fuck lmao.

theoneceko
June 9th, 2020, 10:23 AM
SmugPepe

uwu

Apocist
June 9th, 2020, 10:34 AM
No Lives Matter until Black Lives Matter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZ6Y9cYWAAAExF9?format=jpg&name=medium
source: https://twitter.com/Elianora/status/1269620332463378432

BananaCucho
June 9th, 2020, 10:36 AM

Its amazing how easy of a concept it is to understand, yet there are so many that just don't get it

theoneceko
June 9th, 2020, 10:51 AM

Ganelon

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAso much text. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

uwu

iread teh conlclusion tho owo

Ash
June 9th, 2020, 12:13 PM

Not really. This is more like only putting the focus on the Amazon Rainforest while ignoring other rainforests on the planet. To put the focus on solely African-Americans is not including the other minorities in the US that constantly face racism and police brutality on a daily basis as well. If the BLM movement was instead called Minority Lives Matter, it would probably clarify any misleading implications.

BananaCucho
June 9th, 2020, 12:33 PM
Not really. This is more like only putting the focus on the Amazon Rainforest while ignoring other rainforests on the planet. To put the focus on solely African-Americans is not including the other minorities in the US that constantly face racism and police brutality on a daily basis as well. If the BLM movement was instead called Minority Lives Matter, it would probably clarify any misleading implications.

I'm a minority (latino) who has faced discrimination for my ethnicity. But this movement isn't about me. I don't want to drown out black voices that want and need to be heard. They have their movement, and I will support their movement instead of trying to make it about me. I urge others to do the same.

theoneceko
June 9th, 2020, 12:41 PM
*munches popocorn*

uuwu

Ash
June 9th, 2020, 01:06 PM
I'm a minority (latino) who has faced discrimination for my ethnicity. But this movement isn't about me. I don't want to drown out black voices that want and need to be heard. They have their movement, and I will support their movement instead of trying to make it about me. I urge others to do the same.

I'm not against the majority of goals from the movement. I believe it has its heart in a good place, as the goal of the movement is to defund the police and to increase funding of poorer schools and poorer neighborhoods.

The name of the movement is just absolutely garbage because of the double standards it implies. If a Latino, Asian, or Native American dies tomorrow by the hands of a cop, the black community won't pour outrage. They genuinely don't give a damn. Every single social outrage about police brutality has always been from the result of an African-American beating/death. Martin Luther King protests, Rodney King, Trayvon Martin, Ferguson, you name it. Has there ever been a protest for any other minority race being brutalized by a cop? I legitimately haven't seen one.

If tomorrow, racial relations improve between white and blacks, where does that leave the people in the middle? Where does that leave Tony Timpa (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-E_i8Q5G0)? Because the truth is, race isn't the only factor in being a minority. I just hope that in the future, if any other minority group gets discriminated against, there will be a vocal outrage of the same magnitude.

BananaCucho
June 9th, 2020, 01:41 PM
I'm not against the majority of goals from the movement. I believe it has its heart in a good place, as the goal of the movement is to defund the police and to increase funding of poorer schools and poorer neighborhoods.

The name of the movement is just absolutely garbage because of the double standards it implies. If a Latino, Asian, or Native American dies tomorrow by the hands of a cop, the black community won't pour outrage. They genuinely don't give a damn. Every single social outrage about police brutality has always been from the result of an African-American beating/death. Martin Luther King protests, Rodney King, Trayvon Martin, Ferguson, you name it. Has there ever been a protest for any other minority race being brutalized by a cop? I legitimately haven't seen one.

If tomorrow, racial relations improve between white and blacks, where does that leave the people in the middle? Where does that leave Tony Timpa (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-E_i8Q5G0)? Because the truth is, race isn't the only factor in being a minority. I just hope that in the future, if any other minority group gets discriminated against, there will be a vocal outrage of the same magnitude.

A lot of what you're saying here is just conjecture. Saying that "the black community" won't pour outrage over police brutality of other minorities, or that they don't give a damn isn't true.

That being said, there is more social outrage over blacks being victims of violence because they are more likely and are more often victims. Look at some statistics about deaths due to lethal force from law enforcement. Blacks are disproportionately harmed or killed more than any other race or ethnicity.

If racial relations improve between white and blacks and somehow are still bad/worse among other minorities, I have no doubt that the blacks that marched with BLM will also support a future "minorities lives matter" or "Hispanics lives matter" or whatever new movement comes of it.

Renegade
June 9th, 2020, 01:50 PM
I’m also from a group with lower IQ than average, just so you know. I really am not arguing from a position of racial superiority here or whatever.

https://human-stupidity.com/stupid-dogma/racial-differences-intelligence/race-differences-in-intelligence-how-i-changed-my-mind

Holy shitballs is this a real post? o_o

Renegade
June 9th, 2020, 01:54 PM

omg. One black person is richer then me SO WHITE PRIVILEGE IS A MYTH!

This whole thread I can't even.

secondpassing
June 9th, 2020, 02:03 PM
Holy shitballs is this a real post? o_o

Did you read it?

Renegade
June 9th, 2020, 02:04 PM
Did you read it?

I think I've read enough.

Ganelon
June 9th, 2020, 10:47 PM
omg. One black person is richer then me SO WHITE PRIVILEGE IS A MYTH!

This whole thread I can't even.
I am not American. Plenty of people are richer than I am... my point is that there’s all sorts of advantages that people have. Why should we start hating each other for it? Life is unfair.

oops_ur_dead
June 10th, 2020, 02:22 AM
Ganelon: fox news told me that leftists hate me and want me to hate myself because i am privileged, which is bad
leftists: we do not hate you or want you to hate yourself
Ganelon: no, you are wrong. fox news told me that you do

oops_ur_dead
June 10th, 2020, 02:23 AM
Ganelon: white privilege does not exist because there is a black person who has more money than me
everyone: that isn't how it works
Ganelon: yes it is. white privilege will only exist when every single white person is richer than every single black person

theoneceko
June 10th, 2020, 03:42 AM
Ganelon: fox news told me that leftists hate me and want me to hate myself because i am privileged, which is bad
leftists: we do not hate you or want you to hate yourself
Ganelon: no, you are wrong. fox news told me that you do

ur tone makes it SUPER clear that u hate gane rn (for his viewpoints or whatever, idc). there's no need to call him a "bootlicker" either.

Ganelon
June 10th, 2020, 04:01 AM

Btw ive thought about this Pygmalion effect and it doesn’t contradict what I said. IQ is only 50% generic in childhood.

Ganelon
June 10th, 2020, 04:02 AM
ur tone makes it SUPER clear that u hate gane rn (for his viewpoints or whatever, idc). there's no need to call him a "bootlicker" either.

Ganelon
June 10th, 2020, 04:04 AM
The good news about IQ being 80% genetic in adulthood is that you people who grew up in shitty environments outgrow them. So if you had a rough childhood it doesn’t mean it’ll still affect you when you’re an adult.

This is just me talking out of my ass but I think neuroticism is one of the reasons for that discrepancy.

theoneceko
June 10th, 2020, 04:14 AM
ur tone makes it SUPER clear that u hate gane rn (for his viewpoints or whatever, idc). there's no need to be this rude. no need to call him a "bootlicker" either.

i get ur political views differ vastly from gane. however, ur an admin and should behave better than this. if ur going to argue here, at least be civil.

what r u hoping to achieve here anyway? it's not like gane lives in the U.S. i don't think u do either; didn't u say u live in canada?

if u want to make a change, u should be like apocist, who protested and donated to the cause. the debates i've seen on this site and on the discord servers have no purpose or coalition behind them. IOW, they're just a political anger dump.

theoneceko
June 10th, 2020, 04:15 AM
if u hate gane's views so much, u can either a) ban gane b) create a rule limiting political discussion so these situations don't occur

theoneceko
June 10th, 2020, 04:18 AM
if u hate gane's views so much, u can either a) ban gane b) create a rule limiting political discussion so these situations don't occur

this community is more conservative than others i've seen, so banning gane is probably a bad idea.

theoneceko
June 10th, 2020, 04:23 AM

Or c) go down the political rabbit hole w every1 who doesn't think like you!!!!

yzb25
June 10th, 2020, 04:32 AM
Ceko's right. If your objective is to change Ganelon's mind, you're doing a terrible job of it. If your objective is to "own racists", you're kind of an asshole who's pushing someone deeper down their political rabbit hole to feel good about yourself lol. Your objective definitely ain't to hear what he says lol.

Ganelon
June 10th, 2020, 04:36 AM
Ceko's right. If your objective is to change Ganelon's mind, you're doing a terrible job of it. If your objective is to "own racists", you're kind of an asshole who's pushing someone deeper down their political rabbit hole to feel good about yourself lol. Your objective definitely ain't to hear what he says lol.+1 in spite of the fact that our views differ pretty strongly I think you’re an awesome person <3

oops_ur_dead
June 10th, 2020, 04:44 AM
Sorry if my tone was a bit harsh, I'm a fan of good political banter and I can get heated and a bit aggressive sometimes. I've also called Ash a bootlicker probably like 100 times over the last week and he's a good friend so it's mostly in good fun.

I truly don't hate Ganelon and I don't think he should be banned or anything lmao. I think we disagree on things, even a lot of things, and I truly think he can do better in a lot of ways, but he doesn't deserve hate for it.

Should we come to an understanding about that at least, and put things behind us rather than thinking everyone else is an asshole?

theoneceko
June 10th, 2020, 05:10 AM
Sorry if my tone was a bit harsh, I'm a fan of good political banter and I can get heated and a bit aggressive sometimes. I've also called Ash a bootlicker probably like 100 times over the last week and he's a good friend so it's mostly in good fun.

I truly don't hate Ganelon and I don't think he should be banned or anything lmao. I think we disagree on things, even a lot of things, and I truly think he can do better in a lot of ways, but he doesn't deserve hate for it.

Should we come to an understanding about that at least, and put things behind us rather than thinking everyone else is an asshole?

ok i see what u mean ^^. sorry for blowing up at u

uwu

theoneceko
June 10th, 2020, 05:12 AM
is there a way to mute this thead?? it’s too intense forme tbh

uvu

yzb25
June 10th, 2020, 05:19 AM

<3

AIVION
June 10th, 2020, 07:36 AM
<3

<3

Ganelon
June 10th, 2020, 07:53 AM
And oops I’m sorry if I insulted you at any point, I didn’t mean to either. Political debates just get pretty heated sometimes

secondpassing
June 10th, 2020, 12:31 PM
<3

<3

Marshmallow Marshall
June 10th, 2020, 01:10 PM
Peace for our time. <3

theoneceko
June 10th, 2020, 01:19 PM
here's cute bunny picture. owo

theoneceko
June 10th, 2020, 01:20 PM
here's cute bunny picture. owo

so cute! UwU

*gets shot by furry firing squad*

owo

BananaCucho
June 10th, 2020, 01:43 PM
what the fuck

Renegade
June 10th, 2020, 03:02 PM
is there a way to mute this thead?? it’s too intense forme tbh

uvu

yes but you have to mute yourself too.

BananaCucho
June 23rd, 2020, 06:02 AM
Black lives DON'T matter.

The more rioting they do, the more they convince many others of that same self-evident fact.

Grow up you leftist snowflakes.

Ah yes, the outright racist emerges.

oops_ur_dead
June 23rd, 2020, 06:08 AM
This kid is obviously baiting, and/or under 20 years old.

Go outside, and leave Mommy's basement.
You'll come to realize no one else lives in this hyper-radicalized leftist bubble like you do; where you see everything as "privilege" and "institutional racism".
Grow the fuck up.

SCP: black lives don't matter
SCP: not everything is racism ha ha ha i am extremely intelligent unlike you liberals

rumox
June 23rd, 2020, 06:11 AM
I mean SCP you basically have to claim you were trolling now after those two posts. So what is it? Insensitive troll or racist?

Ash
June 23rd, 2020, 11:56 AM

The more rioting they do, the more they convince many others of that same self-evident fact.

I don't think this one is a troll. This is the face of your average mentally-deficient and sibling-fucking rural American. Make sure you consume a nice dose of Tide Pod after bootlicking.

BananaCucho
June 23rd, 2020, 02:48 PM
Ganelon, can we call this one a racist? The one who is being overtly racist?

Voss
June 23rd, 2020, 04:35 PM

there were a ton of non black rioters though. given this fact, would you say any lives matter then?

blinkskater
June 23rd, 2020, 06:10 PM
This isn't where i parked my car.

Frinckles
June 23rd, 2020, 06:12 PM
This isn't where i parked my car.

I don’t know why you'd park it next to a dumpster fire anyway. Other thread is better.

BananaCucho
June 24th, 2020, 08:33 AM
Keep virtue-signaling, mouth-breathing children.
It's pretty apparent the leftist children here haven't been outside in quite a lengthy measure of time.

Correct, now you're thinking with portals.

NO LIVES MATTER.
./thread

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/309/016/d27.png

BananaCucho
June 24th, 2020, 09:16 AM
rumox why did you delete your post

BananaCucho
June 24th, 2020, 09:16 AM
Unless it was deleted by admins. In which case, lol if they are deleting that, but leaving up SCP's posts

Classic sc2mafia

Ganelon
June 24th, 2020, 09:21 AM
@Ganelon (https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php?u=29730), can we call this one a racist? The one who is being overtly racist?
SCP used to send pictures of ropes and to tell me to kms so you be the judge of that

rumox
June 24th, 2020, 09:30 AM
I did it myself, back up

BananaCucho
June 24th, 2020, 09:30 AM
Yusssssss

BananaCucho
June 24th, 2020, 09:35 AM
SCP used to send pictures of ropes and to tell me to kms so you be the judge of that

I just don't wanna offend you by accusing someone racist of being racist.

DJarJar
June 24th, 2020, 09:36 AM
let's all calm down please. I am locking this thread now.