PDA

View Full Version : Roles that need revising

The_Animus
June 6th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Mafioso- This is a weak mafia role. Usually mafia's only advantage in any game is that their roles are useful and they have group vote power. However, far too often random mafia ends up as mafioso and people are quick to lynch regardless of whether they may be vigi because vigi often kills town. Basically out of all mafia roles, mafioso is the weakest one the mafia can get.

One of the "Mafia" game setups ended up picking 3 mafioso. Needless to say that game was lost before it started.

Another role that needs to be revised is blackmailer. Currently anyone who is blackmailed can just vote spam to show they are blackmailed. In addition if an invest or sheriff is blackmailed they can still indicate guilty people via vote spamming. This completely negates the power of the blackmailer.

Spy - Another totally useless role. 99% of the time mafia assume there is a spy and so either don't talk or don't ever say anything useful for the spy. Now that they can hear PM's they are slightly more useful, but PM's are still largely unused.

Also, it seems that people are largely ignorant of the fact that having GF immune to detect is utterly useless if there are no citizens. So I propose that this be explained on the splash page while the game is loading. So silly people understand the usefulness of having citizens in a game where there is a GF.

That is all :)

Membrax
June 6th, 2011, 02:27 AM
As of today, Mafioso and Spy are fine. There have been numerous threads about this.

Another role that needs to be revised is blackmailer. Currently anyone who is blackmailed can just vote spam to show they are blackmailed. In addition if an invest or sheriff is blackmailed they can still indicate guilty people via vote spamming. This completely negates the power of the blackmailer.

Vote spamming is really annoying in general. I've seen known jesters getting lynched just because it was so friggin annoying that we couldn't even have a normal discussion. There should be some kind of cooldown/limitation.

Zack
June 6th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Agreed with Membrax, you should have either a limited number of times to change your vote, or a 5 second timer between each vote change. Talking about both daytime vote to lynch and trial votes of guilty/innocent.

Clawtrocity
June 6th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Spies can hear PMs, Masons, Mafia, and See target. They are the only Unlynchable role.
Mafioso are the citizens of the mafia
Secret ballot mode buffs blackmailers.

The_Animus
June 6th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Have a limited number of vote changes or a cooldown on voting would be wonderful. I think the limited number of vote changes would be better though because a cooldown may make it so people can't legitimately change their vote in time, based on new info, before day runs out.

Maybe it's just me, but I have never gotten useful information as a spy. Mafia is always smart enough not to reveal who they are. But with the recent changes I'll wait and see if its more useful now.