PDA

View Full Version : Question ‘bout Galaxy

Ganelon
January 4th, 2020, 05:55 AM
Recently became interested in Galaxy (I love learning new programming languages, as a hobby), and was kinda curious as to why Galaxy had no malloc/calloc? Also, is there like a documentation or something online?

DJarJar
January 4th, 2020, 09:01 PM
https://sc2mapster.gamepedia.com/Language_Overview

Ganelon
January 5th, 2020, 02:33 AM
Thanks, seen that one already but was thinking there had to be an official documentation somewhere as well. From what I can tell it seems to be nearly identical to C in some respects so idk why blizzard decided to use Galaxy instead of C

OzyWho
January 5th, 2020, 02:59 AM
Thanks, seen that one already but was thinking there had to be an official documentation somewhere as well. From what I can tell it seems to be nearly identical to C in some respects so idk why blizzard decided to use Galaxy instead of C

Ohhhh
SC2 is using that Galaxy thingy that you're interested in?

Since I went through the trouble of fishing out Mafia's mapscript.galaxy out of the cache folder in order to find the dragon execution, but failed in my quest miserably regardless of Frinckles tip - maybe you want to give it a go? :D

Ganelon
January 5th, 2020, 03:03 AM
Ohhhh
SC2 is using that Galaxy thingy that you're interested in?

Since I went through the trouble of fishing out Mafia's mapscript.galaxy out of the cache folder in order to find the dragon execution, but failed in my quest miserably regardless of Frinckles tip - maybe you want to give it a go? :D
I was definitely planning on doing that but my computer can’t connect to the Internet (long story), so I can’t really open the map file lol

Ganelon
January 5th, 2020, 03:09 AM
I’ll try to see if I can find the folder on my computer tho as I already installed sc2maf some time ago

DJarJar
January 5th, 2020, 03:49 AM

It answers it there though, that’s why I linked it. Security. They didn’t want to let you mess with anything you want. It’s basically a C with parental controls enabled

Ganelon
January 5th, 2020, 03:53 AM
It answers it there though, that’s why I linked it. Security. They didn’t want to let you mess with anything you want. It’s basically a C with parental controls enabled
Ah fair enough, that makes sense.