PDA

View Full Version : my first thread

naz
June 18th, 2019, 07:11 AM
hi i'm wondering what is the maximum number of tabs u can have open on the browser before ur phone / computer explodes? :wondering: :worried:

Da FuZzMeIsTeR
June 18th, 2019, 07:21 AM
Just keep opening tabs to find out, boldly go where no man has gone before

DJarJar
June 18th, 2019, 11:20 AM
I think after you open enough of them that it stops keeping them all loaded and instead basically just saves the link and nothing else

Marshmallow Marshall
June 18th, 2019, 01:31 PM
Just keep opening tabs to find out, boldly go where no man has gone before

To infinite and beyond, where the phone / computer explodes... DO IT NAZ!

Cryptonic
June 19th, 2019, 11:18 AM
Phone caps at 50.
Comp depends on what is open in the tabs and available memory

Ganelon
June 19th, 2019, 03:18 PM
Apple is developing a new Mac Pro computer with 1.5TB of RAM. Once I get my hands on it I'll report back with my results
(note to self: pretty sure you can use that computer as a fixed flamethrower).

Distorted
June 19th, 2019, 06:31 PM
well, considering that a google.com page being open adds about 30 mb of ram per page - depending on the phone u use around 100-400 until they start crashing out due to ram caps. however, these numbers were taken on PC so may not translate to mobile. also, considering what else is open ect ect.... Your phone performance will probably be complete crap before you reach that point leading you to either restart or close them out anyways....

just fking close ur damn tabs!

Marshmallow Marshall
June 20th, 2019, 10:55 AM
well, considering that a google.com page being open adds about 30 mb of ram per page - depending on the phone u use around 100-400 until they start crashing out due to ram caps. however, these numbers were taken on PC so may not translate to mobile. also, considering what else is open ect ect.... Your phone performance will probably be complete crap before you reach that point leading you to either restart or close them out anyways....

That is what puny mortals do. Go, naz, and find out!

im a puny mortal

Arsonist
June 23rd, 2019, 07:42 AM

Fuck google chrome, it's a shit website