PDA

View Full Version : New Role: Farmer

iTEA
June 5th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Name: Farmer
Alignment: Town
Role category: Power Adv.
Description: You are a farmer who grows weed and rice; depending on what product you grow.

Weed: disable the ability of the target for 1 night. (or KILL) if you guys think its not OP.
Rice: heal

Investigator message Option:
1) Your target patrols in day
2) Your Target owns a lot of grain
3) Your Target owns different plants
4) Your Target is a landlord (land owner)

Abilities: Grow weed (takes one night) and feed mafia weed to disable his ability (take another night) / Grow rice (take one night) and heal town (another night). The ability is same concept as arsonist, you need to grow in one night and kill/heal the following night.

You can keep growing same product in separate night and feed multiple targets.

Obviously, if you thought person A (Mafioso) is town and you grow rice to feed him, he will be alive even though he is shot maybe by a guy like Vigilante. Same thing with Mafia.

Added: Farmer cannot grow different product UNLESS he decided to feed the target.

Farmer can talk to mason at night but with anonymous name.
Ex. Farmer: hi mason.

Goal: When the Town wins

Optional list:
Set farmer invulerable at night because it takes too much nights for him to setup a move.

iTEA
June 5th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Comment? anyone would like to say something will be helpful

Krismighty
June 5th, 2011, 01:57 PM
sorry man. Im not feeling it. Idk if this is the style of roles we want in the game.

iTEA
June 5th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Well I actually think it can be a good role after few more nights as farmer can decided to go for either healing or disabler. It would both damage the ability for mafia and a supportive semi-doc if he trusted someone. However, the farmer could also screwed up the game without checking the log and maybe disable/heal the wrong person. I think it could be a interesting role.

And talking with Mason at night could prevent mason being killed by mafia as long as mason speak up their name. It is optional whatsoever.

McJesus
June 5th, 2011, 04:31 PM
A role needs to have one clear ability, roles with mutliple or random abilities just don't work for me.

vampiredelavega
June 5th, 2011, 06:46 PM
looks good for a new town role.

CyanBlade
June 6th, 2011, 12:45 AM
I don't like it. I can't really tell why.

Zack
June 6th, 2011, 02:06 AM
There are enough roles, and this suggested role is yet another recycling and re-using of existing role abilities...

If it doesn't bring anything new to the table, its not worth discussing. Just saying.

Membrax
June 6th, 2011, 02:35 AM
[...]this suggested role is yet another recycling and re-using of existing role abilities...

If it doesn't bring anything new to the table, its not worth discussing. Just saying.

QFT. Too many suggestions only duplicate existing abilities, I'm sure we can come up with more original ideas. ;)