PDA

View Full Version : Keep playing after losing.

Sarzael
June 4th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I think you should be able to keep playing russian roulette after losting...

FalseTruth
June 4th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I asked DR about this and he said he didn't want people to come crying to him after they had lost all of their points, so he put a limit on how often you can play. Considering that Russian Roulette is pure luck, I think this is probably the best way to implement system as well.

Sarzael
June 5th, 2011, 12:59 AM
If you lost all ur points, is ur ploblem, since you play. Maybe not infinite but 3 times losing for prevent you playing more?

Dark.Revenant
June 5th, 2011, 01:07 AM
It's an incentive not to lose. Since it's easy to win, the penalty for losing needs to be fairly steep.

styx0202
June 5th, 2011, 06:31 AM
this mini game is useless, i played it about 7 times now, lost more points than gained, even if i won the bet i get get same amount i bet back. I don't see how it's beneficial to play this, the the game should be called "throw away your points"

3 people bet 10 points, 30 in pot, 1 shoots himself on first try, two other win 50% each, "styx0202 recieved 5 points" WHAT?
who would have thought that 50% of 30 points is 5..... again.. WHAT???

not playing this non profitable point disposal game :|. also in 2 games we had a bug where game doesn't proceed to "pull the trigger" at all, just after we all bet points, nothing happens, and i couldn't tell if i gained or lost any due to roulette taking in my bet, cause i didn't check in advance how many total points i had before i bet, and the whole "Player has pulled the trigger, Player has survived" busines just spams the hell out of chat, should be separate or something.

Clawtrocity
June 5th, 2011, 07:44 AM
You don't lose any points by betting. You lose points by losing the game. Your points are then distributed amongst the other players in the game. Say 3 people wager 10 points like you said. Whoever loses will lose 10 points and his points are split with the share. So 5 points to each player. It's definitely not a point disposal game as I've gotten well over 100 points playing it...It's just a random game of chance and is pretty exciting to play after you're already dead.

The only thing I don't understand is why can't the game mode be like...-roulette 20

That shows "X has set up a game of roulette where 20 points are on the line!"

Whoever joins the game automatically bets 20 and none of this

-bet 50
"oh he's betting 50 I should bet higher"
-bet 1 last second

I mean the penalty for losing is pretty steep, but it's a hell of a lot more steep for the guy wagering 50 points.

Either that or change the system so the higher you wage the higher you get regardless of others players bets.

I don't know it seems like creating a game inside a game would be less confusing then the shit going on in the actual game with bus drivers and witches

styx0202
June 5th, 2011, 08:54 AM
i made a typo in that post
"lost more points than gained" should have been, instead it was "lost more points than bet"

now

Say 3 people wager 10 points like you said. Whoever loses will lose 10 points and his points are split with the share. So 5 points to each player.
Oh, so the 5 points it shows me gaining are the points loser of the game lost? (in that scenario)
i was confused a bit, because game only showed be gaining 5 points even though i bet 10, so what you're saying is those 10 points go back to me when i win plus those 5, but 10 points don't show up in "player recieved # points", well that's pretty lame and leads to confusion :/

anyway, roulette needs separate chat window for all the descrption that's being spammed into normal chat.
sometimes dead players want to keep up with the game but it's nearly impossible if someone is playing roulette.