PDA

View Full Version : New Role: Necromancer

CyanBlade
June 3rd, 2011, 01:29 PM
Name: Necromancer
Allignment: Neutral (Evil)
Description: You are an evil mage, bent on the destruction of all life.
Investigation Report: Your Target is a spellcaster.
Abilities: choose one person to raise each night. if that person is killed that night, they are raised as a zombie slave.
Goal: End all life in the town
Optional, Upgrade into a Lich, if the necromancer has a large number of zombies, he can take a night to become a Lich, this allows him to kill a target and raise him at once

wightsnow
June 3rd, 2011, 01:32 PM
Name: Necromancer
Allignment: Neutral (Evil)
Description: You are an evil mage, bent on the destruction of all life.
Investigation Report: Your Target is a spellcaster.
Abilities: choose one person to raise each night. if that person is killed that night, they are raised as a zombie slave.
Goal: End all life in the town
Optional, Upgrade into a Lich, if the necromancer has a large number of zombies, he can take a night to become a Lich, this allows him to kill a target and raise him at once

The optional would have to be required for him to have any chance of winning since you made his victory conditions the same as SK but without having a kill ability.

Lysergic
June 3rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
Basically, cult leader that recruits dead people, and can get a kill ability. I don't like this idea as much as the Bounty Hunter, especially since cult is due to be implemented soon (if DR is still planning on doing it, that is).

CyanBlade
June 3rd, 2011, 02:44 PM
no the way it works is you get a bunch of zombies, then you have majority and lynch everyone else. the lich thing is just a nail in the coffin.

Lysergic
June 3rd, 2011, 02:48 PM
Why would Townies allow zombies to vote? If I was at a town meeting, and saw Bill trying to lynch me, and remembered having Bill killed by a sniper the day before, I wouldn't be like, "Well, Bill and all his other recently-killed friends want to lynch Ted, so we might as well hang 'im." I'd be like, "TED! LET'S GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE! ZOMBIES IN THE ROOM! SHOOT 'IM IN THE HEAD!"

xD

wightsnow
June 3rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Why would Townies allow zombies to vote? If I was at a town meeting, and saw Bill trying to lynch me, and remembered having Bill killed by a sniper the day before, I wouldn't be like, "Well, Bill and all his other recently-killed friends want to lynch Ted, so we might as well hang 'im." I'd be like, "TED! LET'S GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE! ZOMBIES IN THE ROOM! SHOOT 'IM IN THE HEAD!"

xD

He only zombifies if they were killed at night and he targets them at the same time. Imagine it would be similar to a Doctor heal, but instead of saving them, it enslaves them.

Lysergic
June 3rd, 2011, 07:31 PM

xD

He only zombifies if they were killed at night and he targets them at the same time. Imagine it would be similar to a Doctor heal, but instead of saving them, it enslaves them.

Oooooooooh. That makes more sense. Yeah, I can see that being interesting.

xDDDD

CyanBlade
June 4th, 2011, 08:16 PM
alsozombies should get a 1-3 more points then their normal role would if they died and their team didnt win, because they techniquly lost, but they also won. also there should not be more then one necromancer because it would be silly to program this game with there being 2 necromancers unless you made them op by making them on the same side.

vampiredelavega
June 5th, 2011, 06:32 PM
The Lich part sounds cool, but i think it'll be fair if the necromancer could only raise one zombie at a time. If that zombie player dies, then the necromancer could try raising another player. I also think the necromancer should only become the lich if he fails to turn anyone to a zombie for like 4 nights or more through optional settings.

CyanBlade
June 6th, 2011, 12:35 AM
the whole point of this role is raising enough undead to gain majority and take over the voting poll, and lynch everyone else, that would be kindof hard if you could only have one minion at a time