PDA

View Full Version : New Role: Bounty Hunter

CyanBlade
June 3rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
Name: Bounty Hunter
Allignment: Neutral
Description: You are a trained killer, selling your skills to the highest bidder, but today you only want one thing, your life.
Investigation message: Your Target Owns Guns
Abilities: Kill one person each night, the first time you kill a non-neutral role, you declare alligance with with the opposite allignment of that person, if its a town, you now work for the mafia, if its a mafia, you work for the town. If you kill someone you are working for, you die. If the people you are working for are all dead, you switch sides and can still win.
Alternate Abilities: Kill one person each night (turned on/off by host)
Goal: Survive untill the end.
If the loyalty option is on, you get more points for killing the enemies of your allies.

Lysergic
June 3rd, 2011, 01:25 PM
So an SK that sides with the opposite faction of the first person he kills?

If he switches sides once his faction is wiped out, then he can only lose by getting killed, correct?

I'm interested in this role, but also a bit hesitant to see it implemented. Maybe that means it's a good idea? xD

CyanBlade
June 3rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
or he could be a survivor with guns instead of vests.

Lysergic
June 3rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
or he could be a survivor with guns instead of vests.

I like that better. It should definitely be limited as far as number of kills goes - 2 kills default maybe? The first kill determines his side, and the second kill has to be strategically used in order to help his team win (and prevent his insta-death).

And I don't like the switching-sides thing; once he is on a side, he should stay there until the end of the game, and win or lose with that faction. That way, once he lands on a team, he's invested in it. If he can switch once his team is wiped out, he has no reason to care; if I played with switching, I would just reveal once my team started to lose and start voting with the opposing (e.g. winning) team.

CyanBlade
June 3rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
no, the way it works, either he is a survivor with guns OR he chooses a side, and he is neutral, not sided, he will die if he attacks an ally, but will still win if his allies lose, he just has to stay alive, and picking a side can help you do that

Lysergic
June 3rd, 2011, 02:49 PM
Eh. I like that a lot less. That just makes him an OP Survivor, and he would replace Survivor in the metagame. I'd rather he be a new role, not an upgraded version of an old one. x3

Krismighty
June 3rd, 2011, 07:05 PM
This role is sweet. Basically an SK with a purpose instead of hating everybody. This would definetly be a doable and skill-needed role.

FalseTruth
June 5th, 2011, 02:35 AM
I see this role as a flippy floppy vigilante. This also means I think it is stupid.

vampiredelavega
June 5th, 2011, 06:38 PM
This role seems cool, i wouldn't mind seeing this in the game but every mafia game should only allow one bounty hunter like the mayor and godfather.