PDA

View Full Version : Role Idea: Gambler.

Sarzael
June 3rd, 2011, 06:48 AM
Name: Gambler.
Alignment: Neutral.
Description: Your a crazy who plays whit the life of the people.
Investigator message: Your target have dices.
Abilities: Gamble each night for choosing a player future.
When you gamble, you will randomly get a number from 1 to 6.
Number 1: Nothing happens to the player.
Number 2: You protect the player as a doctor does, but player gets a different message.
Number 3: You kill the player.
Number 4: The player is roleblocked.
Number 5: The player role is revealed to EVERYONE.
Number 6: The player use his skill on you.
The host can remove up to 4 of these, which means that you will have two possible chances.
Goal: Survive until the end.
The Gambler get extra points each time he gambles, but that is a risk too, if your target is a killer role, and you get 6... Bye bye cruel world!

wightsnow
June 3rd, 2011, 08:21 AM
only options i would ever allow would be 1 and 6. even then, all you have to do is find a doc.

Sarzael
June 3rd, 2011, 09:26 AM
A good setup for it is 2 and 3.
Defend or Kill.

oops_ur_dead
June 3rd, 2011, 12:16 PM
Roles with chance kind of ruin Mafia.

CyanBlade
June 3rd, 2011, 12:47 PM
Sounds like a fun role and @oops_ur_dead thats the entire point of of neutrals roles, ruining the game for everyone else 8)

oops_ur_dead
June 3rd, 2011, 08:01 PM
I don't mean making other people lose, I mean it just ruins the mechanics.

Vinthian
June 3rd, 2011, 08:21 PM
I like the idea, but it'd be better to give him 2-3 abilities (not the ones you listed) instead of 6 for less confusion.

MrSmarter
June 3rd, 2011, 08:59 PM
I like the idea, but it'd be better to give him 2-3 abilities (not the ones you listed) instead of 6 for less confusion.
I agree. Just 2,4, and 6 should do nicely.

Sarzael
June 4th, 2011, 05:58 AM
For that you can choose 2 as minimum and 6 as max.

Sarzael
June 5th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Bamp Bemp Bimp Bomp Bump.

wightsnow
June 5th, 2011, 01:50 AM

Makes deducting people's roles a nightmare

FalseTruth
June 5th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Haha, I can't wait till Lysergic sees this. He'll give you a page long rant about why this is a terrible idea.

In this case, I'm inclined to agree. This role is pure luck. What's the point? It will reduce the likelihood that a good, smart, intelligent player will win a game in any give circumstance without contributing anything to the game.

Please, there are many other roles which would be much better to implement than this.

Sarzael
June 5th, 2011, 04:59 AM
What are neutrals? Survivor dont need to do anything to win more than survive... Same whit Gambler.

wightsnow
June 5th, 2011, 05:49 AM
What are neutrals? Survivor dont need to do anything to win more than survive... Same whit Gambler.

http://wiki.thecouncilofmages.com/index.php?title=Category:Neutral_Roles

Sarzael
June 5th, 2011, 06:05 AM
I mean that this was the point for the neutral role. Simply survive.

CyanBlade
June 6th, 2011, 12:44 AM

Lets see here:
Sk could kill mafia or town;
Doc could heal evil roles;
Vigils could kill town;
Mason Leader could accedentally reveil himself to mafia;
Bus driver when trying to protect a key role, end up killing it by swaping it with the mafia's real target;
Role Blockers could die to sk when doing their thing;
escourts could block detectors by accedent;
shal I go on? There is already PLENTY of chance in mafia. if there was no chance, then play the same game setup would ALWAYS have the same results, as you can plainly see, they do not, not even close.

wightsnow
June 6th, 2011, 12:46 AM

shal I go on? There is already PLENTY of chance in mafia. if there was no chance, then play the same game setup would ALWAYS have the same results, as you can plainly see, they do not, not even close.

But the roles always do the same thing. You don't have to guess whether vigilante is going to shoot healing bullets or serial killer is going to do an investigation. I strongly dislike this role.

CyanBlade
June 6th, 2011, 12:51 AM
this role, would certainly add some zainyness to the game, and i like zainy, but all thing consigdered, it should be disableable to show up in random neutrals, for all those boaring people out there, that is, if it is implemented.

Membrax
June 6th, 2011, 01:00 AM

Makes deducting people's roles a nightmare

That's my main concern too. I mean this role looks really fun, but it would make the game pretty chaotic. It's not like there are 30 days, you have only so much time to figure out things with deductive skills.

Sarzael
June 9th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Uhmmm...