PDA

View Full Version : Gambling after death

Bikethief
June 1st, 2011, 10:37 PM
One of the most frustrating things in Mafia is to die the first night. It seems like you've tried to reward people for staying if that happens by awarding them extra points. It's a great idea but it's not terribly... fun.

I would love to see dead players "bet" on which group will win or even try and guess the roles of other players. I don't much care about the points but it would add an extra dimension to the game to encourage people to stay.

Dark.Revenant
June 1st, 2011, 10:45 PM
It has a host of problems such as dying at a point where all the roles are known, or when one side has a majority already, or when you shouldn't know which sides there are (but the betting buttons would give it away) or if there are multiple SKs or something it would have to give away the names of the people with those roles, etc. And then there's the fact that people hate LOSING bets and their points.

Bikethief
June 2nd, 2011, 10:39 AM
You could use the already existing "town/mafia strength" ratio you already have around for payoff rewards and it could just be a bonus point or two to keep people interested. I just try playing the game for enjoyment so I don't stick around for the points if I die night one and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Charlondo
June 2nd, 2011, 10:47 AM
I agree with the DR, the gambling idea wouldn't be such a good idea. I personally stick in games and normally try to piece together the rest of the game, even though I'm dead. Though most the time I already have and I'm just yelling at the vigilante for shooting me when I'm a doctor.

Logante
June 2nd, 2011, 10:59 AM
I agree with the DR, the gambling idea wouldn't be such a good idea. I personally stick in games and normally try to piece together the rest of the game, even though I'm dead. Though most the time I already have and I'm just yelling at the vigilante for shooting me when I'm a doctor.

How about a compromise? How about a lil mini-game for dead people, then?

Dark.Revenant
June 2nd, 2011, 02:57 PM
Eventually I'll probably add some sort of post-mortem Russian Roulette minigame.

Bikethief
June 2nd, 2011, 03:41 PM
Eventually I'll probably add some sort of post-mortem Russian Roulette minigame.

We're all already dead. How does that work? :P

Styx
June 2nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
Obviously you gamble with fragments of your soul.

oops_ur_dead
June 2nd, 2011, 05:31 PM
After you die, you play Laggle Mages.
Gives people enormous incentive to stay alive.

Krismighty
June 2nd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Ya this sounds nice. People could gamble their ending points with others. Like set up a betting system. Like a dead person types -bet (# of points) + (name of person to bet with). Of course the person choosen to bet with will have the option to go on with it.