PDA

View Full Version : Few Suggestions

Claire_Stanfield
June 1st, 2011, 09:50 AM
Options:
Random Mafia - exclude Mafioso. Reason - example of setup Mafioso, Mafioso, Random Mafia. Third one is often Mafioso.
Jester - lynch suicide ignores healing. Reason - if suicider is healed jester's death will be useless.
Mason Leader - can convert Survivors, can convert Jesters. Reason - sometimes when there are citizens people will scream to delete them.
Blackmailer - silenced won't be able to vote to lynch but will be able to vote innocent or guilty. Reason - "hey if ur silenced spam lynchvote".
Doctor - can't be healed. Reason - if there are 2 docs and they will heal themselves mafia alone won't be able to hurt them.

Other:
You can deduce the nick of the person you don't like depending on his model or hat because you can know how much points he has.

Roles:
Protector - Neutral - He wants random town member to survive.
Lawyer - Town - He will make his target impossible to be lynched next day. Probably limited uses.

Edit:
I added one new doc suggestion.

Charlondo
June 1st, 2011, 10:17 AM
I really don't like the idea of the protector, it's a doctor or bodyguard with a specific target.

As for the lawyer, I think I'd like it better if instead he had to reveal himself and would put 3 votes into innocent. makes him a more powerful role in the sense that he'll be known to be town-sided, so people will believe him and possibly switch their votes. That's what a lawyer does right? Sways the votes of the Jury? It would also leave him to be easier to counter, as a disguiser would be awesome on the lawyer after he reveals.

Claire_Stanfield
June 1st, 2011, 10:24 AM
Protector can't neither heal nor protect. Like Executor his only weapons are words.

FalseTruth
June 1st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Lawyer is redundant now that mayor is a role. Protector is the inverse of executioner, but essentially useless. I don't see the point.

I like the mafioso option, I hope it is implemented so I can host better.
I'm not 100% sure but I think jester suicide already ignores healing?
I like your mason leader suggestion for survivors, although the jester part is questionable.
I think the BM change would be good to add in as an option for host to decide on.

wightsnow
June 1st, 2011, 12:59 PM
Blackmailer - silenced won't be able to vote to lynch but will be able to vote innocent or guilty. Reason - "hey if ur silenced spam lynchvote".

Concerned this would affect when mafia gets critical number of votes.

Krismighty
June 1st, 2011, 07:07 PM
I agree with most of this. It'b be good to add Protector and lawyer. It's more variety and more funness ;)

Styx
June 2nd, 2011, 01:18 AM

How about making their vote still count, but simply silencing it?

Zack
June 2nd, 2011, 02:15 AM
In the games I played so far silenced people weren't noticed to be silenced even by spamming lynchvotes, but I guess thats because blackmailer is still relatively new? I would notice if I was alive though, so makes sense.

I agree on Mafioso, Jester and especially Mason Leader. ML needs to be more capable, and being able to convert Jesters puts those jokers on the spot - if they are too obvious then they will be turned into Masons, a fate worse than death perhaps? :P

It would also put survivors on the spot, no more saying "I'm survivor don't kill me", cus you'l be turned into a Mason the next night, lol. I'm all for that change, and it makes ML an actual threat for mafia and neutral killers who wouldn't want survivors and jesters to become more townies.

As for the models giving away people with high points... That can't be helped, people using the best models and hats will become targets regardless. If you feel you're being targeted then change your usual model and hat ;o

New roles? There's alot of roles as it is now, plus more are coming. The ones you suggested don't really add much more to the game, and aren't too diffrent from roles that already exist.

Claire_Stanfield
June 5th, 2011, 12:56 AM

Yes, it's better ;P.
About targeting based on model and hat. Deleting local ranking would work.

Claire_Stanfield
June 13th, 2011, 05:14 AM
I added one new doc suggestion.

Clawtrocity
June 13th, 2011, 05:55 AM

It's called Secret Ballot

Claire_Stanfield
June 13th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I don't remember playing many games with ballot. I think it has something to do with that i'm almost always host. Anyway he said about silencing blackmailed guy in majority vote.

Phantom
June 13th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I dunno about Masonleader being able to convert survivors & jesters. Those are fun roles IMO, and the last thing I'd want is to lose one in a game to mason.

Claire_Stanfield
June 13th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Yes but it will stop you for shouting: I'm survivor don't kill me! And it will stop jesters from making it obvious that they're jesters.

Clawtrocity
June 13th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Instead when you claim Survivor you get disguised as since no one really detects a survivor anyway or you give him a few days and then disguise as him.

At least that's what I do and what happens to me.

As for the Blackmailed guy spamming votes, there isn't anything you can do other than make it Secret Ballot. That way if he's a sheriff he can't get information out to the towns people until the next day and by then it might be too late.

Zack
June 14th, 2011, 03:00 AM
There is a problem with Ballots though... Someone will always be lynched unless there's a tie in votes, and it may result in a dead townie. When voting innocent, there's never a chance to put someone else on trial instead - cus the day ends.

We need a Majority+Ballots hybrid mode, one that works like Majority, but votes are hidden from view like Ballots.

Dark.Revenant
June 14th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Ballot currently works like that. As soon as someone gets a majority via ballot vote, the vote ends.

Zack
June 14th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Uhm, but Ballots forces a trial when day ends, even if there were mostly 1 votes on each person with person getting 2 votes... Its pretty stupid to stand someone on trial with 2 votes on him.

Also if someone gets enough votes to be trialed before day ends, there will still be only one trial - even if he is voted innocent. I think anyway, don't remember clearly..

Clawtrocity
June 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM
The reason I use Secret Ballot is because once in awhile I'll get in a 3v3 situation with mafia and they'll come out and act all glorious. I'll PM the towns people to vote a certain mafia and the mafia will be too busy gloating about winning that they all won't vote the same person. It basically forces the mafia to continue lying until the end.