PDA

View Full Version : Jailer vs Gf at endgame goes to Gf?

Pyromaniac
December 27th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I was jailer and remaining player was Godfather. Why would the game declare mafia had won? I could theoretically jail him everynight until eternity and he could never kill me. It should be a tie at that point with both getting the win. I think this bug should be fixed.

Ambient
December 27th, 2011, 11:41 PM
The only town that wins 1v1 with mafia is the citizen.

cookies4you
December 28th, 2011, 12:30 AM
The only town that wins 1v1 with mafia is the citizen.
Chances of that happening: Impossible

Once someone claims Citizen, they end up getting lynched as a possible Godfather.

Admiral
December 28th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Not true. ^

I've won as Cit by being one of the last two. Smooth talking is key.

Ash
December 28th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Chances of that happening: Impossible

Once someone claims Citizen, they end up getting lynched as a possible Godfather.

Pfft. Once upon a night in a game of mafia, it was me and 2 other mafias, 2 of us suicided. for we wanted a nobody wins screen, the GF didn't suicide though. The last town was a citizen who used vest on his last night. AND HE WON.

nothing is impossible.

Guardian
December 28th, 2011, 02:01 AM
i was a GF in a game, the sit was like this:
GF
SK
BG
Jailer

the jailer so won.
he executed me, and the BG killed the SK...

i was like :(

Raptorblaze
December 28th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I think his point is that he could easily win the last night (presuming it got down to 1v1 for a reason other than lynching) but the way the tie system works he loses.

Bazar
January 1st, 2012, 04:34 AM
I think having the mafia win at that point is the best outcome.
Having an exception made for the jailer just doesn't seem fair.

Raptorblaze
January 1st, 2012, 11:46 AM
I think having the mafia win at that point is the best outcome.
Having an exception made for the jailer just doesn't seem fair.
This is one of the very few situations where the jailor would actually win if it wasn't for how the tie system worked, assuming he could jail that night. If he couldn't jail that night then GF would kill him. Sounds like a prime reason for an exception to me.

cookies4you
January 1st, 2012, 01:08 PM
This seems like one of those Y U NO moments.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

It seems like that original poster was mad about something.

Y U NO LET ME WIN? I HAZ GUN
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Guardian
January 2nd, 2012, 10:20 PM
actually, when its a 1v1 sit it goes like this:
*takes gun* "BOOM"
so, town doesn't stand a chance
except when our citizens start begging for mercy and turn the mafia into town!
(which is why they invented the "citizens defeat mafia in 1v1 tie")

Raptorblaze
January 3rd, 2012, 03:01 AM
actually, when its a 1v1 sit it goes like this:
*takes gun* "BOOM"
so, town doesn't stand a chance
except when our citizens start begging for mercy and turn the mafia into town!
(which is why they invented the "citizens defeat mafia in 1v1 tie")
really? i thought it was to counter the "citizens are f***ing useless" argument and quite frankly they would be virtually useless if they didn't win ties, and there was no mason leader to recruit them.

Guardian
January 4th, 2012, 04:14 AM
really? i thought it was to counter the "citizens are f***ing useless" argument and quite frankly they would be virtually useless if they didn't win ties, and there was no mason leader to recruit them.

*shrugs*

most people can use that option in troll games:like this
Mafioso
Citizen
Citizen

Mafia has 0 chance of winning
if town does perfect play

Threeze
January 4th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Was just in a game where final two were godfather and mayor, and mafia won... even though had the trial gone thru, the gf would have been lynched...

PercMastaFTW
January 4th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Thing is, the Mafia tries to stay undercover, so they can't really "kill" during the day. But, if theres one vs one, the mafia will just kill the jailor right when they are the last two.

Also, about the Mayor, think about it this way. It's one vs one, the Mayor doesn't have any town members who will acknowledge his vote.

Raptorblaze
January 5th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Thing is, the Mafia tries to stay undercover, so they can't really "kill" during the day. But, if theres one vs one, the mafia will just kill the jailor right when they are the last two.

Also, about the Mayor, think about it this way. It's one vs one, the Mayor doesn't have any town members who will acknowledge his vote.
The first one, if jailor jails the mafia when its 1v1, he would KNOW that person was mafia and kill them. and jailing roleblocks them from killing him.

JackAceJack
January 5th, 2012, 09:25 PM
A game was won like that yesterday, i was town and I laughed out loud, the mafia were like "fking gay host, blah blah blah" :D