PDA

View Full Version : Notes from day 1

Wendy Testaburger
December 27th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Notes from Day 1

r86 Mrs. Claridge
Oh...um.....hi... I'll just be here....watching you guys... please don't pay to much attention to me....okay? I promise not to be a nuisance
//I don't know what she's doing, but I don't like it...Apparently Mafia can talk at day so this isn't a code.

r156 Tweek Tweak
Greetings all.

As the best player we have I will be taking up the mantle of Mayor Tweek Tweak.

On many occasions Wendy Testaburger visited the Forum Mafia page during the night.
//Yeah, and I stayed for about 2 minutes each time trying to see when the fuck this game would start. Way to go Sherlock.

r305 Butters
Whoa-ho! You know we're just nominating right now, right? This isn't the actual election. Still, you've touched my heart with your other post about your goals as the mayor, so I will help you get elected. Even if you refuse to rp as your character (though I wonder why you bothered including his picture as your avatar if it's such a "cheap tactic"?).

-nominate Tweek Tweak
//Tweek is already on my bad side for trying to abuse times people were on. He clearly must of been online that whole time too and the fact that he calls me out is stupid. Tweak and Butters are butting heads a little bit, but Butters is extremely quick to get back on Tweaks good side. He's being cautious by accepting that Tweak doesn't like him. He wants everyone to like him so he votes for Tweak. At the moment that seems like the best option for him. I believe Butters thinks Tweak is Mafia and Butters himself is a power role neutral/town...Possibly a killer.

r341 Tweek Tweak
@Big Gay Al

I would be interested in knowing whether you want to be the mayor. You seem to be the most competent player from what has been posted and are leading the discussion. However, you have shown no signs of wanting the job. I often find that those who are very helpful yet do not want power or to be put in the limelight, are scum.

If you don't want to be the mayor then what are your reasons for not putting yourself forward?
// I don't believe this is even remotely true. First of all, he's not even contributing that much. He's simply offering an opionion that you latched on to. You then drag him into the spotlight so you can seem like you're good at finding scum, when in realtity you're grasping at straws. I've grasped at straws before too just to troll the living daylights out of people, but in your situation you're looking for clarification and with an election on the line you're looking to get voted and to have power. I can take what I know about you(Calling me out) and apply it to Big Gay Al. He must be a town role since I can only interact with situations I have information on. I know that people you drag into the limelight for no reason have a better chance at being town than they do being Mafia. However, Big Gay Al says that he doesn't want the position and that makes me suspicious of him.

r364 Gary
Gary has arrived.

Big Gay Al, are you willing to run for the position of mayor of our town? Of all candidates, you seem to be the most qualified thus far.

However, I would like to urge the town to consider myself, Gary, as mayor. I will evaluate situations with logic and am completely unafraid of using extra vote powers to attempt to lynch scum whenever possible.

Is there any way we can get the day extended one more day? Ending in the middle of Christmas Day is rather awkward.
//Basically just states things that everyone else has said. If I was a detective I'd follow this bastard tonight, but alas I am not.

r367 Mrs. Claridge
Umm....I think that a lot of Neutrals rather than Mafia members voted for Butters....maybe....it's just a theory I have
//If I had a gun I'd shoot this person.

r391 Sharon
-nominate Big Gay Al
Yeah, out of the two front-runners, Big Gay Al is subjectively less scummy than Tweek Tweek. Why? Because Tweek Tweek is probably Jack, and Jack doesn't act like this when he's town.
//This is part of the problem. Too often do people try too hard to figure out who identities are.

r393 Wendy Testaburger
im not stupid. the people i dont like are just people i dont like. i dont like the way they are playing since this is suppose to be fun

i havent been online since the day started so there is no flying under the radar fyi i got online and read all the pages so far you all must have had things you had to do today on christmas eve so i dont think im the only one "flying under the radar"
//I made sure to use 'must have' correctly early on to sway people away from immediately thinking I was Claw. It probably only caught the eye of a few of the vets, but hopefully people don't look into it too much.

r400 Liane
There's many possibilities, we don't know the truth until we take a risk.
//While I understand what Victoria said this statement is basically all town play of Mafia is. On day 1 like this there isn't much you can go by since the Mafia could be organized in a number of different ways. They could all be voting for someone specifically, voting an ally, voting a non-ally, voting who the majority of others vote, or vote someone they know they can manipulate. It's too hard to figure out any kind of voting pattern since the one they are likely to use will be the one that you end up guessing.

r402 Philip
the extra long night gave the mafia teams extra long to talk about the elections today, this worries me. we have two teams of five that have prepared specifically for this moment. i have my suspicions about anyone who is active today.

i say we vote up someone that hasn't been mentioned at all and hasn't expressed any interest in the role of mayor, it's fairly random but who the hell cares we have the odds on our side. i'm not even going to suggest any names for this, cos i don't wanna look like shitty scum.

it is the role of pardoner that should merit the scumhunt and roleclaims. having a town as mayor is beneficial, having scum as mayor is annoying but at least the mafia will try to lynch other mafia, and double lynch is more likely to help town than scum down the line. having scum as pardoner is much more annoying.

anyone that role claims will get my nomination. for the record i am normally dead set against role claims, especially on day 1, but this is a special case. atm town has all its healing and killing roles available. the pardoner can be healed, investigated, and killed at night if he turns out to be scum.
//I thoroughly enjoy this strategy, but at the same time he could very well be part of a mafia who had someone stay quiet. Has Cartman said anything? "Don't say anything until we say that the best option is to vote someone who doesn't say anything"...It truly is a fool's game until we take a risk just like Liane said.

r405 Stan
The question is. If there is a spree killer does he lurk at the house of the pardoner or at the house of the Mayor
//I don't like directing traffic and he's using scare tatics to do it.

r425 Kenny
I am honestly unsure of what to think at the moment.

Those who do not speak a whole lot and do not nominate are seen as lurkers. Or scum. Bad.
Those who do not speak a whole lot but do nominate are seen either as scum voting for their fellow scum or someone who is easily influenced. Bad.
Those who do speak up but do not nominate are seen as pragmatists who do not trust anyone enough to gain their vote, but are also pushed by others that this is Day 1 and nothing can be practically deduced anyway. Or they are scum trying not to act scummy by not nominating a town member to not look like scum and by not flat out nominating their own scum. WIFOM mess. Bad.
Those who do speak up and nominate are seen as "analyzers," otherwise known as the people who attempt to make sense of Day 1 spam. Or they are seen as scum attempting to influence votes for their fellow scum. Bad.
Those who want to be mayor may genuinely be town members looking out for the town's welfare. Or they're scum. Bad.

So in others words.... Mmmf mmf mmmmf mmf. Mmmf.
//We think very similarly. I don't really know who Kenny is, but regardless I'm going to watch him closely.

r481 Wendy Testaburger
again just testing im also a lover and i will be able to vote mafia and not directly all that jazz
//I said this just to prove that anyone could lie same as I did with Yayap. Had it not been allowed FalseTruth would of stopped it.

r492 McDaniels
Correct me if i'm wrong but, the Godfathers can simply type -suicide and presto, mafias merged and lovers become mafia. That will probably happen if the lovers turn on the mafia and one godfather is lynched, the other one will suicide to force the merge.
//Seriously, why would you ever give the Mafia a strategy like this. I doubt he's mafia because he'd just be able to say it in secret day chat, but he's a possible neutral.

r624 Chef
spree killer go have a blast
//Stating this is scaring town roles off from investigating who the mayor is.

r634 Timmy
Indeed... the fact that BGA thinks it would be useful suggests that he knows what the correct answer is, so he's trying to find out if Cartman is indeed the opposite mafia's lover.
//While this could be true, it seems like Timmy saying this is more suspicious than 'BGA' saying what he said.

r648 Wendy Testaburger
i want to hear what cartman says the mafias are. i see what al sees and im interested in knowing what cartman knows.
//I said this because I knew I'd be questioned by people. I want to ignore questions as much as possible and just let people think the obvious "he must be in the mafia if he KNOWS". Eventually someone will clean me by saying something about the ventriloquist if Cartman forgets it in the list. Mafia won't attack what they think is already sure to die.

r667 McDaniels
Wait, question for FM master regarding this, lets not jump to conclusions.

Were the mafia allowed to handpick any roles from their possible randoms or were they given 5 random results to divide among themselves?
//Definitely not liking this. I barely read the rules and I even knew about this.

r668 Shelley
This would be a genius play if you were mob.
//She had to go and point it out for no reason other than to seem like she caught someone doing something bad.

r669 Wendy Testaburger
had you not called him out on it someone would of been able to use it and check him, but now he'll have a small alibi if he pops up mafia.

you said you can't figure anything out on day 1 yet you seem to be looking for clues yourself...why is that? there must have been a reason for you to bring so much attention to this whole prove anything about anyone ordeal that you created.
//I used 'must have' again just in case as well as countering what Shelley said. Some people may assume that I'm an investigator because of this message, but I hope that my low key, smurf esque posts will persuade the mafia away from attacking me.

r677 Token
hi guys

-nominate shelley

you should vote me for pardoner.
Tweek Tweak is bad
//Totally faking a smurf account for some reason. It's either that or this is the worst attempt at a smurf account ever.

r699 Big Gay Al

KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND I FULLY EXPECT YOU TO TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT
//Saying this just reinforces that what you're about to say is complete bullshit, but to hear you out.

I'll be honest with you, I was skeptical when I first saw this post, very much so in fact. I was very unsure of whether or not a lover would reveal day 1 and try to get elected of all things. It's such a bad idea that I pretty much dismissed it immediately and came up with a masochist scenario to explain it. Why is it a bad idea? Firstly, no one is going to elect someone who claims mafia, no matter how much planning is spent, you cannot guarantee that both godfathers won't die by accident in some way, so there's always a chance that the lover will become mafia. There's no point in electing a mayor who has the possibility of becoming mafia no matter what. This isn't like "Oh we don't know if he's mafia or not so there's no point electing him"; this is a guaranteed outcome. I'll come back to this later.
//This is exactly why Cartman is lying. He gains almost nothing from revealing this since we won't vote him. He does however gain both mafia's attention. "Well he isn't the lover in my mafia so he must be in the other mafia!" Now both Mafia's attack him and he wins.

I'll give him credit for this, if he is lying, he is poetically shaping himself around the implied restrictions of the lover role. The tidbits about discussing with False, the very fair plan to preserve the GFs, the 'concern' for voting the mafia. It all feels very real to me, even genuine in most cases. So I decided I would push for some more information, because there wasn't much harm in doing so.
//So you're saying because he read the rules and had 2 days to figure out a plan he must be telling the truth? If you figured out that these things were important what's to stop him from thinking the same things were important enough to fake?

This is where I really kind of started to believe him, though I still have my doubts. If he is lying, he is either being coached or he is very dangerous. There are three things about his role list that make the entire thing seem painfully genuine: The GF picked disguiser, the lack of the ventriloquist, and the inclusion of a mafioso. You'll note that two of the three have been brought up as to discredit him. However, in my opinion, the exact opposite is the case. These three things sell the entire thing far better than not. They provide a sense of reality to the situation, I feel if he was lying he would throw as many things as the majority expected to see: the confirmed ventriloquist, a mafia full of power roles, etc. He didn't, which makes me believe him. This wasn't exactly my intention when I had asked for a list, but the partial list is another layer of 'real' on the whole thing.
//Same thing as last time. If Big Gay Al thinks that this role combinations list makes sense then what's to say that Cartman didn't think it made sense when he lied about it? He had 2 days to figure out what a decent comp would be and what he would do if he were in each position. It almost looks like Al is praising himself. I just got done watching all of Breaking Bad and there is a scene((Small spoiler I guess)) where Walter gets drunk and tries to take credit for something he did even though it almost got him caught. Big Gay Al is just marveling over this 'brilliant' strategy a little too much. He even says he thinks this whole thing could be one big mafia ploy, but I think he said that because he could be in on it as well. I still think Cartman is just using this to either scare the mafia into not killing him or to be killed. I'm surprised no one's said he was me with this web of WIFOM he just created. You also have to remember that I've done the whole "I went over all this with the host and he's fine with it" thing before. The only thing I really ever did was make sure I could say that and the host always said it was ok.

r705 McDaniels
It is more likely that Tweeky is the merchant, following Al's logic. Cartman's mafia can rage all they want at him in their private mafia chat, including asking FalseTruth to take action against the lover for "cheating". So no, I do not believe Tweeky is on Cartman's crew, but him being the merchant, that makes sense.
//I saw this as sheep behavior trying to get on his good side which means he's stupid and is on the other mafia that Big Gay Al is not on.

r721 Terrance
Mafia tend to rarely say who they think the mafia are early in the game. I don't want to support either of the 2 other main candidates at the moment, as Butters seems incompetent and Tweak Tweak keeps on appearing less and less town aligned as the game goes on
-nominate Wendy Testaburger
I realy doubt that she is mafia
//I'm flattered really, but as others have said I'm one of the worst people for the job. It feels like he's just voting me because he was told to or to not help a real candidate(Like I did even though I do like Kenny and hope he's town)

r723 Jimmy
There is no reason to trust Wendy.. certainly not trust worthy enough to receive power. I shall be watching you two very closely now.
//I don't understand why someone voting for me becomes a concern. I'm an unlikely candidate so they vote me because they don't want anyone to get the job. I'd rather have no people to get the job than for someone bad to get the job.

r752 Cartman
You know I'm just going to turn around and ask FalseTruth myself, why don't you make your post green? I'll save you the trouble since I mostly talked to him about day1, I haven't gotten around to asking him what I can tell you day 2.

Can the lover reveal all the night actions of the mafia in day chat the following day?
//For someone who talked with False a lot about mechanics it seems odd that he posted this in day chat. I'd assume they were PMing/skyping about a lot of mechanics and there would be no reason to do this other than to bring attention.

r788 Kenny
If the jailer's execution counts as an attack, and the victim's role is revealed after lockup, then would this mean the Masochist's role is revealed the next day though he does not die if he undergoes a lockup?
//Too many mentions of the Jailor and the Masochist. Usually questions about your own role like this would be sent through a PM or something. I don't think he's either of these roles and I don't think he's playing WIFOM mainly because he actually found an error. I am, however, wondering if anyone else is going to see this as a jailor claim of some sort.

r794 Tweak
Why did everyone trust me more when I was being a dick to everyone?
//A couple reasons: 1. I'm sure a mafia or two voted you with a good reason and others followed. 2. You then changed your entire strategy and you had inconsistences that no one liked