PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 Jets

Kenny
December 24th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Is this an acceptable first post?

"Let me preface the day by saying this.
Go ahead and get your "Oh my God! They killed Kenny!" jokes out of the way, lest that be the reason for some idiotard shooting me first night.
I ask you to choose not to shoot the unfortunate person, namely, me, for a namesake decided by random.org.
Of course, if you want to be that jerk, there's nothing I can do to stop you. "
There's one problem with that though, and that's that your "good" role alternative to lawyer is masochist. So it'll actually be kind of awkward if you try not to get shot, since theoretically you'll be trying to claim masochist later.

I honestly don't know what to do, so go with god.
Now, how do I get elected mayor?
I thought we were trying not to get elected lol...
I'm just going to put it. My priority is surviving past night 2 lol... I'll deal with having to fudge my identity later when it comes to that.
Yeah, I'm not about to nominate anyone in our mafia.
I wanna get elected though.
Puts us in a great position.
We'll have 10 maf.
10 MAF.
AND THEN 13 WHEN WE KILL THE LOVERS.
13 MAF.
Careful Clyde, you've said two dangerous things now. ;x
One about not being able to fake your identity.
And one about asking for role claims.
Eh. I'll back down if Big Gay Al keeps pushing me.
Haven't slept in 35 hrs and still have an epic plane flight ahead of me. Unfortunately I don't have time to read everything right now so let me know who are wise voting choices if you can
I would avoid voting if I were you. Wait until a strong, obviously town candidate steps forward and vote for them. So far, all the voting has been random, there has been a lot of trolling/joking around, and very little has actually been accomplished. It also seems very likely that Butters will be elected, which means he will be checked very quickly and discovered. Dx

EDIT:
In fact, we need to do EVERYTHING in our power to make sure Butters is not the person who is elected.
I say we push for Tweek Tweak to be elected. He seems a bit scummy to me and has 2 votes, so it'd be easy to make him a candidate. He is also trying very hard to get elected. If he wants it bad enough, there's a chance he's up to no good.
Lol I honestly did not expect people to start voting me, but it's okay. Because if a sheriff invests me night 1 I'll say it was on obvious frame job. And then I'll hint that I did a subtle roleclaim day 1 with my Inspector Butters reference. Which I suspect is why some people have been voting me.

Also, a couple of notes. I'm pretty sure Big Gay Al is maf because of his aggressive nature towards Clyde. And Tweek is another possible maf because of his attention to the night time activity of the forum. Why was he in the forum at that time if he wasn't doing anything with the maf? Seems fishy to me.
Also, Tweek is Nick.
Mr. Hat is Dust.
I suggest we take him out.
Unless someone used his speech format from M-FM III.
Kyle, he said that he ripped it off directly from an M-FM, so it could be anyone. Nick, however, is 100% confirmed to be Tweek.
Didn't see that. Mmk.
I am strongly convinced that Big Gay Al is scum. All of his posts have stirred up confusion and attacked people without suggesting alternatives (aside from reveal our COM identities and vote up the most popular person). His most recent post is just a copy/paste of my tally with two votes deleted accusing me of not keeping track correctly. I think we should fast-track him for being shot in the face.
Also, I REALLY think we should consider having Butters drop out. Al is pushing for him to be checked. If he comes back Mafia, even with the "I was framed" defense, Al will push for a lynch because he's paranoid (one of the reason I think he's a Shark / some type of scum). Al is NOT going to allow Butters to get away with being Mayor. While he's around, none of us should be in a town position of power. Al is claiming Mafia buddying when literally NONE of us have voted for Butters; that seems to speak for itself. He is convinced, and a check coming back to confirm it will only lead to problems for us.
None of us except Kyle, that is. Kyle, I'd recommend un-nominating Butters.
So, should we pick off Big Gay Al tomorrow?
Or WIFOM our way out of this?
I say kill him. He's an ass, and he's more trouble than he's worth.
I agree, we should kill him and invest Tweek. I can't really drop out of the race though, otherwise it'll be like "huh, someone said he might be scum and should be checked out/locked up, and then he dropped out". I feel like that'll make me look more guilty than anything else.
By "drop out" I mean use our influence to make sure you don't get enough nominations. Kyle seems to control a small percentage of the vote (his supporters), and there are already people lobbying around me. Ike hasn't been active during day, so he can't exert as much influence. However, Kyle and I combined being vocal about nominating someone else could probably sway it. I guess either way, you get a lot of attention called to you, so it's your choice. I just don't wanna see you lynched. xD
I have supporters?
:D

But, I actually am going to be gone for about 2 hours, driving to my grandparent's house for Xmas.
Adieu.
Although there is the pubbie mindset of "Big Gay Al wanted to kill Butters and he died. Butters maf!!!111!!!!1!!!!11!"

I will try to get Tweek on the stand, he seems non-important enough...
I'm still debating whether we want to take the risk and just have someone nominated. Extra 4 votes comes very handy, but at the cost of close scrutiny. Hrmm.
By the way, Clyde, because I'm used to playing town 24/7, your defensive nature against Al is making you seem very scummy. If at all cost, we do NOT need to kill him for fear that they indeed will trace it back to us. I mean, sure, you can kill him and then spread WIFOM, but why take that chance. Even if it means hurting your pride, guys, I do not suggest rebelling against someone for long periods of time. In a heat of anger, you'll reveal something you don't mean to. Seen it happen way too many times, and it's happened to me.
Yeah, I'm going to avoid talking to Al from now on. He just seems determined to pick fights; I will work on being less defensive.

Also, guys, make sure to review Mayor description. He DOESN'T get extra votes - he gets to force a double lynch (e.g. lynch 2 mafia instead of 1).
Nowaizors! I was sure I read somewhere he got 5 votes instead of 1. D: But now that I check...
Holy shit! You're right. He gets 5 votes AND can double-lynch. Wow; that's incredibly OP. Dx
He is. We need to carefully consider if we want a shot at mayor.
Anyone here who can hold up to scrutiny? Lol.
Whew I think that's most of everything that's relevant.

Kenny
December 25th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Al is already hostile towards Butters and I. Butters has the most nominations out of any candidate. Ike would come back as not suspicious, and could easily claim Citizen. Also, Ike has no night action as Ventriloquist, and would thus be able to hold up his Citizen description. I personally feel that Ike has the best chance of SURVIVING as our Mayor, but he has no votes currently due to inactivity.
AW DANG IT. THAT'S RIGHT. HE'D BE PERFECT. SLKDFJLSDJFKLDSJF
I hope his plane ride isn't long...
Holy shit. Big Gay Al is a serious threat.
Lol, did he figure you out?
He read me like a god damn book.
Lol, I agree, Al is one to be feared. Perhaps he's DR himself? Heh.
We know for a fact he's played in almost every FM from the beginning though. Can anyone compile a list of who those people are?
Dr hasn't played in a number of the forum mafias but I think he has read through them. Philie and claw are longtime dangerous players. Mcdaniels reminds me of them.
If McDaniels is Zack, then yes, you would be correct in your assumption.
DR is a registered player in this game, so we have to take that into account probably somewhere.
Philie and Claw. How2dealwiththem? xD
We can kill them :)
I don't want you guys to nominate me.

But I have revealed my identity now so any votes that may follow may reveal clues to their identities.

For now I want to appear over eager and keen.
Let's shoot Bradley tonight.
1. He spelled my name wrong.
2. He called me a roleplaying pony.
My chainsaw is out for his blood now.
Yes, people have stopped voting me lol.
My vote still goes for Al, personally.

We also need to start looking for signs that people are investigative roles, so that Drug Dealers can neutralize their results.
It looks like Big Gay Al is going to end up winning the election for mayor, with tweek as his pardoner. I think we should actually reverse it: kill tweek, and let Al stay mayor.

As mayor, he'll likely be healed night one, and investigated. So if he is scum like we think, then he'll get lynched during the day anyway. If he's not scum, then we'll probably know the identity of the investigator that checked him, and find out what his role is anyway. Then we can take him and the investigator out.
Whoever the lover on our team is is a dick btw, if Cartman is telling the truth. I offered a way for all of us to win, lovers included, and now Cartman is hinting that I'm scum. WTF?
I can't tell if Cartman is stupid, wants his butt thrown out for gamethrowing, or is a masochist or veteran trying to fish for Mafia shots...
Well, Wendy also claimed lover.
The lover is in this sub-forum, so one of them has to be faking.
Don't target either of them.
Possibru veterans.
Lol I love how Clyde is being trusted without trying. xD
It would be interesting having a Mafia pardoner, that's for sure.
There are no veterans. I think we should kill Cartman tonight. I'm pretty sure Kyle's our lover, and Cartman is his partner. And if I'm wrong, well hey we shot a masochist (the only other role that would want to openly claim lover). Town doesn't seem to trust him, and any docs are likely going to pile on to Big Gay Al, the mayor.

So fuck it, I say we go for Cartman.

Well the suspicion's off me... But... You know Kyle won't stand to be seen as the Lover. I feel like the Jets are more keen to know who it is, so I might get figured out sooner or later. I'll bluff the best I can, but as for how well it goes, well heh. Some people can't read me at all. Some people can read me like a preschool alphabet book. So we'll see.

Kenny
December 25th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I'd be careful on the WIFOM on that one.
Is he so obvious that he's lover that a lookout/detective (which ever one that watches who visits one person) will watch him in hopes of a Mafia taking a shot at him?
Or will the lookout/detective go, "Okay, this guy is SO obviously lying not even the Mafia will bother taking their precious night shot at him, I'm not gonna bother watching him"?
If he's the lover, and gawd, what a STUPID person to reveal this early not to mention on the point of gamebreaking, is he trying to WIFOM out of this?
How is the jailer that he requested for going to act?
Could a spree killer be possibly lying in hiding to get rid of the people who visit him that night (aka Jailer if he executes or Mafia members gunning him down)?

I feel the risk is so high on this one of it being a trap of SOME kind, especially since he garnered so much attention from day 1. SOMEBODY is going to visit him, whether it be lookout or investigator or whatever. I feel a spree killer is lying in wait on these major players. Granted, I think there's only one, but it could be any. (Though the chances of it being on Al is high.) If anything, I'd suggest targeting someone no one would think of.
Gerald?
its vulnerable to pubbie mindset, but I want him gone.
More stuff.

Kenny
December 25th, 2011, 11:38 PM
He's just listed you as scum. Lol. Which means we can't target him any more.
Or else they'll be all like, "LE GASP! GERALD MADE A LIST OF PEOPLE WHO HE THINKS IS SCUMMY AND THE SCUM KNEW HE WAS ON THERE SO MAFIA TOOK HIM OUT. HE MUST BE IN THAT LIST GERALD MADE." Or something like that.
Lol Kyle... I think you may have possibly given your identity away with the whole reg/insane cop thing.
i was...thinking..of...M-FMIII......NOOOOOOO

yeah i might -suicide for that
i royally fucked up in two games at once.
WOOPEE
Killing Gerald is stupid. Honestly, our best bet is to kill Cartman. 1) there won't be any lookouts on him because they'll be all over Big Gay Al's dick when he gets checked. 2) No one believes Cartman is actually a lover (despite him being correct about a maf being in the running). Cartman needs to die. No one listens to Gerald and he also pissed off Victoria who I perceive as being a big town player later in the game, so yeah we should let him live.
Don't suicide, Kyle! Lol.
It may just be me, but I think the impression Kyle's cast on the community by those last few posts either left half feeling that he's just a new player confused about rules, or that he's scum that just slipped. I think he just placed a target above his head, though who aims for it, I have no idea.

Whoever visits Al is probably screwed tonight, because you know the spree killer is going to freaking plant bombs all around his house. Kill Cartman if you really want to, but if he's a masochist like you said, then why even bother. If he's the Shark's lover, he's probably getting chewed up right now lol. I feel like his own Mafia's probably putting the gun at his throat. I mean, since they have to get rid of our lover, and the lover suicides if one is hit, then if I were a Shark, I'd just get rid of Cartman somehow LOL.

Some loss that would be. /sarcasm
Lol yeah, but they can't kill him. To me,if Cartman's a masochist then tonight's kill is meh. It's not wasted, because the masochist survives two kills, so we're softening him up for someone else. If he's not the masochist, then we just killed the lover and can play the game in peace from now on. It seems like a huge reward vs a small setback, and it's not even a setback, because it's not like the kill will be truly "wasted" as the masochist is not actively on our team. In fact, any masochists in the game are going to be actively against us in the day chat anyway, in order to aggravate us into attacking. So yeah, my vote to kill Cartman still stands.

Also, I had completely forgotten about the Spree Killer, I thought he was just a new name for the serial killer, then I looked at his role card... I feel like a lot of people are going to be dying tomorrow lol.
Lol @ genocide tomorrow from spree killer.

Waaagh, you are actually convincing me more and more NOT to shoot him.

I don't understand the concept of "softening him up for someone else." What's the point of leaving him for someone else to kill? I frankly see it as a wasted shot if he's Masochist. Now, in the slim chance he is lover, which heaven's forbid random.org pick such a incapable lover, if we shoot him, we're shooting ourselves in the foot. Our win condition right now is to kill the other Mafia, aka 5 people. So... Well how's this...

I wrote a poem because it's Christmas and stuff and it's relevant to Mafia but not at all relevant to Christmas:

If we decide to merge with the Sharks,
our win condition is now killing the town.
Increasing our murdering burden from 5 to 20.
Though our Mafia will have 8 people around.
But then our KPN will then have reduced to 1.
And thus our chances of winning has now decreased to none.

Wasn't that beautiful? Praise me, praise me! :)
Did you like my epic poem?

Kenny
December 26th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I was going to respond with a poem of my own, but I gave up after the first line lol. So let me break it down to you in poem format, but without any rhyme scheme:

If Cartman's a masochist, then we softened up a future enemy, and gained valuable intel (that he's not actually the lover)
If Cartmans the lover, then we've eliminated a threat to our identities, and have gained 4 more people to our team.
That means we get more framers, more consigs, more drug dealers galore.
Who cares about 1 more KPN? At least it's not targetting us anymore.
I'd rather be down a kill each night, and know that all of us are safe.
And if I'm wrong about Cartman, and he is a masochist, then we know we don't have to take his words seriously in the day chat.

Also, to support my theory that he is a lover: notice Kyle's dialogue in the chat after Cartman outted himself. There is a noticeable difference in tone (like trying to misdirect with the mention of Wendy). And when I voiced my suspicions about him, he ignored it and just blindly suggested we target Gerald for whatever reason.

Big Gay Al is going to be targetted by most roles tonight, including the spree killer if he exists. Cartman will not be attended to, so it's best we hit him. Keep in mind that the other mafia exists too, and if Cartman is the lover, they can't kill him themselves. Which means, that from their perspective, if Tweek is innocent he'll be their best target. Or McDaniels, if they get pardoner instead. Either way, there's no reason to hit any of the obvious targets, as the other mafia, and any neutral killers out there, will take care of them instead.

Cartman is our best target tonight. Tomorrow we'll likely have more roleclaims and can make a better decision, but it would be best to take care of a potential lover tonight than risk overlap with another team's kills.
I don't really believe Cartman. However, if he really is a Lover, I, too, am a bit annoyed by the strategy.

As for who to hit, definitely not Cartman. If Big Gay Al takes Mayor, not him either. Pardoner would be good. Otherwise, any other prominent person.

Also, a merge would reduce our chances of winning significantly. We should not play to force a merge; that's mafia suicide. Whoever is pushing a merge is likely a Lover, in my book. Dx

And I too find it hilarious that everyone trusts me.
I agree with what Clyde says above.

No point targetting a Lover right now. We need the KPN high.

Anything could mean anything right now and there are few good indicators as to peoples' roles. Tonight, I think we should merely aim to get a kill on a player that isn't being doctored, watched, or visited by a spree killer. We should look for the least obvious candidate and kill them.
I feel like you guys keep forgetting the fact that while yes, it's one extra kill per night, it's also a kill that the other team wants to direct towards us. It's not like a normal game of mafia where the SK wants to kill everyone, the other mafia specifically has to destroy only us to win the game. At least until the merger happens. And given that the merger can happen once one of the lovers dies (because the other commits suicide) and they'll both lose the game, someone gunning for a merger is not going to be the lover, because they'd be gunning for their own loss.

But hey that's just my opinion. If you guys want to kill random people while the other maf hunts us down, so be it.
First thing's first, Ike, someone's just counterclaimed your identity. No one has really responded to it yet, but might wanna check up on it.
I'm actually getting more and more convinced by Al's argument that the whole lover thing with Cartman is real lol. I'm still not set on shooting him though.
I'll have to think about this over lunch.
Grawr.