PDA

View Full Version : S-FM 213: Wheels On The Bus

Pages : [1] 2 3

MattZed
September 28th, 2016, 10:10 PM
WELCOME TO WHEELS ON THE BUS
http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/pictures/140000/nahled/school-bus-1445463949lO7.jpg

Quick Links:
Setup (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/37940)
Day 1 (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/38004-S-FM-213-Wheels-On-The-Bus?p=641606#post641606)
Night 1 (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/38004-S-FM-213-Wheels-On-The-Bus?p=642252#post642252)
Day 2 (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/38004-S-FM-213-Wheels-On-The-Bus?p=642641#post642641)
Night 2 (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/38004-S-FM-213-Wheels-On-The-Bus?p=642851#post642851)
Day 3 (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/38004-S-FM-213-Wheels-On-The-Bus?p=642887#post642887)
Game End (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/38004-S-FM-213-Wheels-On-The-Bus?p=643306#post643306)

Players:
1. Unknown1234
2. Stereo
3. powerofdeath
4. BananaCucho
5. Eggy
6. Purebe
7. yzb25 SuperJack
8. Gyrlander
9. Orpz

MattZed
September 28th, 2016, 10:13 PM
IT IS NOW DAY 1

Living Players:
Unknown1234
Stereo
powerofdeath
BananaCucho
Eggy
Purebe
yzb25
Gyrlander
Orpz

Dead Players:
No one... yet.

Day 1 ends in 48 hours
03:00:00:00

MattZed
September 28th, 2016, 10:19 PM
All Rolecards have been sent. Feel free to murder each other, now.

Stereo
September 28th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Hi, my name is Stereo. I'm not as new, but my appreciation for lynching scum remains in tact.

Orpz
September 28th, 2016, 10:51 PM
Hi, my name is Stereo. I'm not as new, but my appreciation for lynching scum remains in tact.

Hi Stereo. I'm glad you like to lynch scum. I'm certainly not scum. So I'm glad you like to lynch people who aren't me. Cause I'm not scum.

Stereo
September 28th, 2016, 10:55 PM
Hi Stereo. I'm glad you like to lynch scum. I'm certainly not scum. So I'm glad you like to lynch people who aren't me. Cause I'm not scum.

I am so glad that we both share an interest in lynching the scum. I am most certainly not a scum as well!

Orpz
September 28th, 2016, 11:00 PM
That's great! Since we're both confirmed not scum, let's try our best to hunt other people, who are the only possible choices for being scum since we aren't scum.

purebe
September 28th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Hello Orpz and Stereo, I too share a great interest in lynching scum. I certainly am not scum. It's amazing how much we have in common. Two things in common!

Stereo
September 28th, 2016, 11:12 PM
Hello Orpz and Stereo, I too share a great interest in lynching scum. I certainly am not scum. It's amazing how much we have in common. Two things in common!

Amazing! At this rate we can easily deduce who the scum are!

Stereo
September 28th, 2016, 11:58 PM
Gonna sleep.

When I come back its time to get to business!

purebe
September 29th, 2016, 12:21 AM
Gonna sleep.

When I come back its time to get to business!

Sleep well Stereo, sleep well.

Unknown1234
September 29th, 2016, 04:33 AM

I'm gonna assume that you saying that you are wanting to lynch scum again makes you Town this game. Early thoughts but given noob attitude I doubt you'd repeat something that makes you look worse.

Purebs

Hello there!

Unknown1234
September 29th, 2016, 04:33 AM
That's great! Since we're both confirmed not scum, let's try our best to hunt other people, who are the only possible choices for being scum since we aren't scum.

Hmmm.

Orpz....

Hmm.

No vote?

Wonder why....

Unknown1234
September 29th, 2016, 04:34 AM
I'm gonna assume that you saying that you are wanting to lynch scum again makes you Town this game. Early thoughts but given noob attitude I doubt you'd repeat something that makes you look worse.

Purebs

Hello there!

Lel.

Purebe

Orpz
September 29th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Unknown1234

Purebe has already said he's not scum. Stop voting him, he's innocent.

purebe
September 29th, 2016, 09:58 AM
My dear friend Unknown1234, as Orpz has clarified, I am confirmed not scum. Even though this pains me given our great fun times of the past, only a scum would vote a confirmed town:

-vote Unknown1234

Gyrlander
September 29th, 2016, 10:25 AM
This way of talking is giving me all possible diseases on the world.

And the OMGUS is real.

Unknown1234
September 29th, 2016, 10:28 AM
My dear friend Unknown1234, as Orpz has clarified, I am confirmed not scum. Even though this pains me given our great fun times of the past, only a scum would vote a confirmed town:

-vote Unknown1234

Yeah, solid OMGUS.

Also, if Orpz knows your role shouldn't you be voting him then because only scum knows who Town are.

Orpz
September 29th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Yeah, solid OMGUS.

Also, if Orpz knows your role shouldn't you be voting him then because only scum knows who Town are.

C-contradiction??

Unknown1234
September 29th, 2016, 12:17 PM
C-contradiction??

I don't understand what you're saying here.

I don't know why you both have chosen to vote me (purebe your vote was invalid). I find Orpz's weird RP actions to be suspicious. As well as Purebe jumping into the pool of "confirmed towns". Maybe too early to say.

Stereo
September 29th, 2016, 02:24 PM

I found it strange that everyone was mentioning my first post so much that game. It was a naive and disingenuous post that shouldn't have really mattered.

Also it'd be exceedingly amusing if I flipped scum again this game.

purebe
September 29th, 2016, 02:30 PM
This game is ripe for RPing, but if you guys want to be all boring then fine. How do you suggest we proceed, we have 1.5 days to get a lead and I don't know that dicking around is more suspicious then immediately throwing out scum reads. Even if I am bad at this game I would always take the side of the care free RP patrol than the kill joys :P

Gyrlander
September 29th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Oh well, I also wished to tell you that I finally managed to get a town role. It was hard, but the e-mail almost made me cry.

yzb25
September 29th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Unknown1234

Purebe has already said he's not scum. Stop voting him, he's innocent.

Shitposting is all well and good, but when you start shitposting in response to decent points it only derails conversation. Your attitude is infecting the newbies too. This honestly looks like a scum slowing shit down for no reason.

Orpz

Also, people hopping on this crappy "we're all confirmed town" circlejerk pseudo-joke look like scum trying to assimilate.

Stereo
September 29th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Orpz

A-okay with a lynch today cuz we only got a bus driver.

purebe
September 29th, 2016, 06:52 PM
My opinion is that we lynch today as well but there's been a lot of radio silence, not sure it should be someone actually talking just yet, defend yourselfs lurkers.

-vote powerofdeath

Stereo
September 29th, 2016, 09:51 PM
MAN THIS TOWN IS A GHOST TOWN, 24 HOURS AND WE GOT JACK AND SHIT POSTS

BananaCucho
September 29th, 2016, 11:07 PM
I got a role card pm but no "the game has started" pm gg

BananaCucho
September 29th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Grylander is in this game?

Gyrlander

100% policy lynch, I refuse to vote anyone else until Grylander is dead.

Orpz
September 30th, 2016, 12:14 AM
The game did admittedly start pretty fast.

Orpz
September 30th, 2016, 12:14 AM
I like Banana enough to trust her on this one.

Gyrlander

Orpz
September 30th, 2016, 12:15 AM
Shitposting is all well and good, but when you start shitposting in response to decent points it only derails conversation. Your attitude is infecting the newbies too. This honestly looks like a scum slowing shit down for no reason.

Orpz

Also, people hopping on this crappy "we're all confirmed town" circlejerk pseudo-joke look like scum trying to assimilate.

Shitposting on the first few hours of Day 1 is a time-honored tradition.

Unknown1234
September 30th, 2016, 04:23 AM
I like Banana enough to trust her on this one.

Gyrlander

Why are you going after multiple people so early? The reason to vote me was obviously dumb, but now you are sheeping Banana and saying "i trust her" when she made it clear that she was voting him out of policy.

BananaCucho
September 30th, 2016, 06:31 AM
Why are you going after multiple people so early? The reason to vote me was obviously dumb, but now you are sheeping Banana and saying "i trust her" when she made it clear that she was voting him out of policy.

I won't discuss Orpz or anyone else until Grylander is dead. If you want to get anything done this game I suggest you vote to lynch him.

MattZed can we get a small extension on the day? The sign up was up a long time and sc2mafia has been in a slow state to the point some people like myself weren't checking it every day.

sc2mafia should adopt a policy requiring people to confirm after receiving their rolecards and before the game begins

MattZed
September 30th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Day has been extended by 24 hours.

BananaCucho
September 30th, 2016, 10:49 AM
EZ money

yzb25
September 30th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Shitposting on the first few hours of Day 1 is a time-honored tradition.

As I said, shitposting is all well and good, but shitreplying to game-related, decent posts just derails conversation. You giving another shitreply after being told this is a dick move. Not funny.

If the only thoughts you give us are on the level of "I shall stubbornly shitpost no matter what" and "blindly follow best-player's vote cuz I trust them", you'll be lynched by day-end, regardless of whether or not I push you.

My opinion is that we lynch today as well but there's been a lot of radio silence, not sure it should be someone actually talking just yet, defend yourselfs lurkers.

-vote powerofdeath

Let time and replaces handle the lurkers. Placing votes on people that probably won't even see the vote is a waste of energy. Let's hit the people who are pseudo-lurking by avoiding posting real substance.

Stereo
September 30th, 2016, 12:15 PM
I won't discuss Orpz or anyone else until Grylander is dead. If you want to get anything done this game I suggest you vote to lynch him.

I'm tentitive to sheep Gyrlander because he was Mafia with me last game, and I am waiting to see what he has to say in his defense.

That said, er... How do I retract my vote?

Day has been extended by 24 hours.

THANKS BABE

yzb25
September 30th, 2016, 12:23 PM
I'm tentitive to sheep Gyrlander because he was Mafia with me last game, and I am waiting to see what he has to say in his defense.

That said, er... How do I retract my vote?

THANKS BABE

Vote something that isn't a player. Or you can use the command:

(unvote)(/unvote)

^Except with square brackets.

Stereo
September 30th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Thanks!

Gyrlander
September 30th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Voting me with no explanation and then saying that you're not going to change your vote just makes you be able to leave a vote in someone and forget about them. Bored or scum who doesn't want to risk?

Also, Orpz, stop being dumb/:sheep:

Unknown1234
September 30th, 2016, 12:56 PM

MattZed can we get a small extension on the day? The sign up was up a long time and sc2mafia has been in a slow state to the point some people like myself weren't checking it every day.

sc2mafia should adopt a policy requiring people to confirm after receiving their rolecards and before the game begins

I don't understand why we should lynch Gyrlander based on PL. Unless bus driver does good, that would leave us with one mis lynch.

Unknown1234
September 30th, 2016, 12:57 PM
I don't understand why we should lynch Gyrlander based on PL. Unless bus driver does good, that would leave us with one mis lynch.

Unless he flips scum I guess. I just don't see it right now.

powerofdeath
September 30th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Hey! Didnt realize this started

Unknown1234
September 30th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Hey! Didnt realize this started

You aren't alone :P

Gyrlander
September 30th, 2016, 01:02 PM
Proceeding to tunneling me and stop caring about anything else and not putting effort is quite pathetic. You're assuming things when this game hasn't passed from 1 page (50 posts per page).

Orpz
September 30th, 2016, 01:58 PM
As I said, shitposting is all well and good, but shitreplying to game-related, decent posts just derails conversation. You giving another shitreply after being told this is a dick move. Not funny.

If the only thoughts you give us are on the level of "I shall stubbornly shitpost no matter what" and "blindly follow best-player's vote cuz I trust them", you'll be lynched by day-end, regardless of whether or not I push you.

Let time and replaces handle the lurkers. Placing votes on people that probably won't even see the vote is a waste of energy. Let's hit the people who are pseudo-lurking by avoiding posting real substance.

Shitposting for the purpose of shitposting is a dick move. Shitposting for the purpose of strategically setting a tone at which players are not 100% comfortable with is not a dick move. (aka strategic shitposting)

Eggy
September 30th, 2016, 01:58 PM
sorry guys busy as hell since last night wont take long to catch up but I cant do it right now ill be on later tonight

Orpz
September 30th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Voting me with no explanation and then saying that you're not going to change your vote just makes you be able to leave a vote in someone and forget about them. Bored or scum who doesn't want to risk?

Aggressive defense even though it's clear the train holds no water among other voters, even the skeptics. Fascinating...

Orpz
September 30th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Proceeding to tunneling me and stop caring about anything else and not putting effort is quite pathetic. You're assuming things when this game hasn't passed from 1 page (50 posts per page).

An aggressive attachment towards Banana regarding the vote even though the last post about it was 6 minutes ago. Considering the quoted post probably took about a minute to think and type, I would say that Banana's flippant vote clearly bothers Gyrlander.

Orpz
September 30th, 2016, 02:04 PM
You aren't alone :P

If the setup was arranged so that only one Mafioso knew the other, I would have almost certainly pegged this as the unknown scum signalling out to his known scum partner to get a coordination going.

Still, there's time for one more shitpost. Unknown and PoD confirmed scum.

yzb25
September 30th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Aggressive defense even though it's clear the train holds no water among other voters, even the skeptics. Fascinating...

For clarification, you're implying Gyrlander is being OMGUSy and aggressive for the sake of self-preservation?

yzb25
September 30th, 2016, 02:16 PM
For clarification, you're implying Gyrlander is being OMGUSy and aggressive for the sake of self-preservation?

And that his aggression is a result of delusional paranoia that he's already under threat.

purebe
September 30th, 2016, 02:52 PM
Ah I'm glad the day was extended, this just got insane.

-unvote

yzb25
September 30th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Ah I'm glad the day was extended, this just got insane.

-unvote

Any thoughts on things thus far?

purebe
September 30th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Frankly it looks like Orpz is scum but I mean that could easily be reading too much into the whole silly start of the game. I don't think Gyrlander is a good scum read based off what happened so far either. And finally I think policy lynching isn't giving us much to read into either.

yzb25
September 30th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Frankly it looks like Orpz is scum but I mean that could easily be reading too much into the whole silly start of the game.

You got a scumvibe from him for the whole "I'm confirmed town you're confirmed town" joke? What's the difference between when he joked about it and when you joked about it? I mean, surely you don't get scumvibes from yourself lol

yzb25
September 30th, 2016, 03:14 PM
You got a scumvibe from him for the whole "I'm confirmed town you're confirmed town" joke? What's the difference between when he joked about it and when you joked about it? I mean, surely you don't get scumvibes from yourself lol

wtf a second half of your post suddenly appeared without editing. This is magical. Sorry lol XD. Anyway, I relate to the rest of what you said heheh

purebe
September 30th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Well it's not so much his first posts that give me a scum-vibe, but him railroading Grylander. But he might just be drilling for information, but I don't think there's a good reason to think it's Grylander yet.

yzb25
September 30th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Well it's not so much his first posts that give me a scum-vibe, but him railroading Grylander. But he might just be drilling for information, but I don't think there's a good reason to think it's Grylander yet.

If no alternative lynch presents itself, my vote stays on Orpz. I don't see what reaction from Gyrlander would have given him useful info.

BananaCucho
September 30th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Everyone making Grylander out to be this or that

I made a promise that the next time I am on a game with Grylander that I would policy lynch him and I intend to keep it.

I will not cooperate in any other lynch until Grylander is dead. The only way to get anything done after today is lynch Grylander or lynch me. So make the choice.

purebe
September 30th, 2016, 04:38 PM
how many people does it take to hammer in a 9 person game?

edit:

apparently I wasn't voting/unvoting correctly, not sure how to clear that vote that I have on the vote count page, my bad (i was red/bolding font, now I see you need to use tags)

edit again: oh nevermind that wasn't my vote in the vote count, that was a vote for me, ok, now I'm up to speed, sorry :P

BananaCucho
September 30th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Btw, here's reference to that promise I made:

Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more 😜

I'm policy lynching you in every game we play together for now on.

And here's Unknowns response btw:

Me when he thought that claiming to give the gun was a good call.

He agrees with Grylander needing to be policy lynched from then on (after M-FM Overwatch)

Yet in game he's singing a different tune:

Make of that what you will, but only after Grylander is dead.

BananaCucho
September 30th, 2016, 04:49 PM
how many people does it take to hammer in a 9 person game?

edit:

apparently I wasn't voting/unvoting correctly, not sure how to clear that vote that I have on the vote count page, my bad (i was red/bolding font, now I see you need to use tags)

edit again: oh nevermind that wasn't my vote in the vote count, that was a vote for me, ok, now I'm up to speed, sorry :P

FYI, eating posts in game is against site rules so don't so that any more.

It takes 5 to lynch. Calculation is you divide the players by 2, if your result is a whole number add 1 to it, if it has a remainder then round up to the next number.

Example: 9 / 2 = 4.5, round up to 5

8/ 2 = 4 (whole number), add one, takes 5 votes to lynch.

Basically you need a majority which is >50%

BananaCucho
September 30th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Editing* posts is against the rules, you can eat all the posts you want

Orpz
September 30th, 2016, 05:13 PM
wtf a second half of your post suddenly appeared without editing. This is magical. Sorry lol XD. Anyway, I relate to the rest of what you said heheh

The edit tag doesn't show up if someone edits within a fixed time limit. Purebe, I hope you didn't intentionally do that.

Unknown1234
September 30th, 2016, 05:14 PM
The edit tag doesn't show up if someone edits within a fixed time limit. Purebe, I hope you didn't intentionally do that.

Given he announced that he was making edits, I'm sure he didn't know any better.

Orpz
September 30th, 2016, 05:16 PM
If no alternative lynch presents itself, my vote stays on Orpz. I don't see what reaction from Gyrlander would have given him useful info.

Gyrlander was overly defensive tbqh family

Btw, here's reference to that promise I made:

And here's Unknowns response btw:

He agrees with Grylander needing to be policy lynched from then on (after M-FM Overwatch)

Yet in game he's singing a different tune:

Make of that what you will, but only after Grylander is dead.

This tells me that Unknown needs to be swinging from a rope as well.

Orpz
September 30th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Given he announced that he was making edits, I'm sure he didn't know any better.

Explain the doublethink that Banana pointed out

purebe
September 30th, 2016, 05:19 PM
I didn't edit any content, just added a bit of extra stuff on those 2 posts, but I won't do it again, sorry, it wasn't with the intent to cheat or anything, my bad.

BananaCucho
September 30th, 2016, 05:20 PM
I didn't edit any content, just added a bit of extra stuff on those 2 posts, but I won't do it again, sorry, it wasn't with the intent to cheat or anything, my bad.

Its okay. You can make up for it by voting Grylander.

Orpz
September 30th, 2016, 05:21 PM

Doesn't look like you meant to do anything bad :) It's all good

purebe
September 30th, 2016, 05:22 PM
thanks, I still don't think grylander is scum though :(

BananaCucho
September 30th, 2016, 05:28 PM
thanks, I still don't think grylander is scum though :(

Doesn't matter.

Policy lynch is a lynch to make a point. Grylander never comes to play and ends up just fluffing games with nonsense. So until he decides to play its a policy lynch every time for him.

Join us in our crusade or be labeled an enemy to the empire.

purebe
September 30th, 2016, 05:35 PM
What do you mean by fluffing games with nonsense, he's seemed reasonable this game or am I just oblivious?

Orpz
September 30th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Doesn't matter.

Policy lynch is a lynch to make a point. Grylander never comes to play and ends up just fluffing games with nonsense. So until he decides to play its a policy lynch every time for him.

Join us in our crusade or be labeled an enemy to the empire.

I did it first for the memes, but then he got suspiciously defensive and gave me a real reason.

BananaCucho
September 30th, 2016, 05:41 PM
He has a long history of doing nothing.

BananaCucho
September 30th, 2016, 05:42 PM
I did it first for the memes, but then he got suspiciously defensive and gave me a real reason.

I couldn't care less. I just want him dead.

Orpz
September 30th, 2016, 05:47 PM
I couldn't care less. I just want him dead.

I can appreciate this reasoning.

Stereo
September 30th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Gyrlander

I care more about Cucho's input than Gyrlander's potential input.

purebe
September 30th, 2016, 09:33 PM
if we vote grylander and he is town, are we going to consider banana might be scum?

purebe
September 30th, 2016, 09:33 PM
cuz if it turns out their both town that could easily lead to 2 mislynches and i don't think we can afford that

BananaCucho
September 30th, 2016, 09:58 PM
Guess purebe is choosing to be on the wrong side of history. Tis a shame.

Eggy
September 30th, 2016, 10:41 PM
im siding with banana I will hold my vote and place it before EOD I suggest we wait till there is 2 hours or less before we hammer. I still think there is definatey better lynches that are going to become evident but If what banana says is true and he refuses to cooperate until gyrl is dead then one of them has to go. If I had to chose between the two my money is on banana being town. I dont see scum giving town an ultimatum like Banana has done. Scum would not draw so much attention to themselves. At this point I am thinking Orpz is scum or maybe stereo but I am not sure

Eggy
September 30th, 2016, 10:42 PM
purebe seemed scummy at first but I think scum would hop on the gyrl train as a better opportunity

Eggy
September 30th, 2016, 10:48 PM

we have 3 mislynches not 2 if my calculations are correct. But I agree I do not think a policy lynch is the best idea right now. But I believe banana is a way more useful player to have on our team once gyrl is out of the way we can put our attention elsewhere.

Eggy
September 30th, 2016, 10:49 PM
there is always the chance that gyrl is scum

Eggy
September 30th, 2016, 10:50 PM
if we dont lynch between gyrl and banana we will be forced into a very bad situation where we cannot cooperate as a town. It will be like when I refused to vote anyone other than never unlucky a few games ago which ultimately cost us the game.

Eggy
September 30th, 2016, 10:51 PM
Also banana is one of my favourite players on this site the last game we played together banana came up with the perfect plan that almost one us the game if it was not for a shitty mistake at the very end

Eggy
September 30th, 2016, 10:53 PM
my reads are this so far.

Banana-town will not lynch.

Orpz null/scum lean

stereo null/scum lean

gyrl null but best lynch for today if banana actually sticks to their word and refuses to focus anyone else

unknown null

purebe null

POD null

and anyone else I missed is also null

Eggy
September 30th, 2016, 10:55 PM
has not been much content for me to make reads off of so my reads list is subject to change a great deal once more people start joining in the game. I think it was a good idea to get that extention

Eggy
September 30th, 2016, 10:57 PM
thats another reason I town read Banana that was an extremely town friendly move if you ask me. That combined with the gyrl PL push makes me think its impossible for Banana to be scu.

Stereo
September 30th, 2016, 11:01 PM
Gyrlander > Banana. I didn't like how he played last game, and evidently it isn't a one off. Its a persistent behavior which we can do without. I see more benefits lynching him and getting Banana's full participation. Even if he flips town, we're better off without.

At this point I am thinking Orpz is scum or maybe stereo but I am not sure
I wish I was scum. Although I think we should note that purebe changed the subject from an Orpz train to someone who has yet to participate at that point.

Eggy
September 30th, 2016, 11:13 PM
Gyrlander > Banana. I didn't like how he played last game, and evidently it isn't a one off. Its a persistent behavior which we can do without. I see more benefits lynching him and getting Banana's full participation. Even if he flips town, we're better off without.

I wish I was scum. Although I think we should note that purebe changed the subject from an Orpz train to someone who has yet to participate at that point.

I have my eye on purebe who did he change the subject too? I must have missed that. I agree with you 100% banana is my strongest town read and I definately think that having bananas full participation will be valuable as this game unfolds.

Stereo
September 30th, 2016, 11:18 PM
As soon as Yzb and I voted Orpz he put his vote onto powerofdeath saying we should pressure AFKs.

purebe
October 1st, 2016, 12:22 AM
Well I don't think lynching anyone with this much time left is a good decision. Especially when Orpz at best reads a bit scummy, and the first lynch is arguably the most important. Also why I am against policy lynching, because if he's wrong then our best read almost has to be banana, and if they are both town that's basically a guaranteed loss unless our driver is god (and not one of them.)

I mean I'll admit I'm not the best mafia player but that's how I currently see it.

purebe
October 1st, 2016, 12:25 AM
I have my eye on purebe who did he change the subject too? I must have missed that. I agree with you 100% banana is my strongest town read and I definately think that having bananas full participation will be valuable as this game unfolds.

Yeah but what happens if we lynch grylander and he turns out to be town? Do we just ignore banana railroading him from the start? I don't know the history of anyone here but from my perspective it would be too easy for banana to "forget" about his promise if he rolled town, and to "remember" it if he rolled mafia. Or maybe I'm overthinking it but if we mislynch on grylander that possibility has to be considered.

purebe
October 1st, 2016, 12:34 AM
if we dont lynch between gyrl and banana we will be forced into a very bad situation where we cannot cooperate as a town. It will be like when I refused to vote anyone other than never unlucky a few games ago which ultimately cost us the game.

We only need 5 of 9 to lynch, and if you agree that policy lynching someone cost you a game in the past why we are going to repeat it now? 5 of 7 if we think the mafia won't lynch each other. If my math is correct and we mislynch today and lose a town in the night then we need 4 votes to lynch tomorrow, thus 4 of 7 total or 4 of 5 town to lynch tomorrow.

What that means to my mind is that if banana is the only person who won't co-operate that doesn't affect us until the third day, and if we played it badly to that point we probably lose anyway (it would be 3 town vs 2 mafia if we mislynch twice and the BD doesn't score any mafia kills.) Whereas if we do co-operate and the policy lynch turns out to be a mistake, we almost have to lynch banana (because it is such an easy scum cover) which would mean we'd be left on the third day completely screwed.

I'd rather lynch Orpz or Banana over grylander because there is no scum read on grylander at all as far as I can tell. If we believe banana wouldn't "forget" the promise if he was town then I don't think him wanting a policy lynch tells us anything at all, but if we consider that he might "forget" such a promise as town, then we have a huge scum read on him. I don't know, that's my thoughts though.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 12:35 AM
Yeah but what happens if we lynch grylander and he turns out to be town? Do we just ignore banana railroading him from the start? I don't know the history of anyone here but from my perspective it would be too easy for banana to "forget" about his promise if he rolled town, and to "remember" it if he rolled mafia. Or maybe I'm overthinking it but if we mislynch on grylander that possibility has to be considered.

its a possibility but it is very unlikely. I do not see scum trying something so risky and it just would be way to suprising for me if banana was scum

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 12:40 AM
We only need 5 of 9 to lynch, and if you agree that policy lynching someone cost you a game in the past why we are going to repeat it now? 5 of 7 if we think the mafia won't lynch each other. If my math is correct and we mislynch today and lose a town in the night then we need 4 votes to lynch tomorrow, thus 4 of 7 total or 4 of 5 town to lynch tomorrow.

What that means to my mind is that if banana is the only person who won't co-operate that doesn't affect us until the third day, and if we played it badly to that point we probably lose anyway (it would be 3 town vs 2 mafia if we mislynch twice and the BD doesn't score any mafia kills.) Whereas if we do co-operate and the policy lynch turns out to be a mistake, we almost have to lynch banana (because it is such an easy scum cover) which would mean we'd be left on the third day completely screwed.

I'd rather lynch Orpz or Banana over grylander because there is no scum read on grylander at all as far as I can tell. If we believe banana wouldn't "forget" the promise if he was town then I don't think him wanting a policy lynch tells us anything at all, but if we consider that he might "forget" such a promise as town, then we have a huge scum read on him. I don't know, that's my thoughts though.

banana is my strongest town read by far at this moment. I am willing to vote orpz and others but at this moment I do not see a better lynch than gyrl. I am willing to wait till EOD because chances are we will more info and potentially a better idea of who the scum might be. The game I was referencing wasnt a mislynch that cost us the game it was the fact that I was focused on lynching Never unlucky the entire game but no one agreed with me and I was unable to cooperate properly. Even tho NU was town if we had lynched him I would have been able to switch my focus and we could have potentially won that game. I do not want to repeat the same mistake now that someone else is in the position I was in

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 12:43 AM
As soon as Yzb and I voted Orpz he put his vote onto powerofdeath saying we should pressure AFKs.

Are you saying that is scummy? I feel like scum tends to be oppurtunistic and tries to fit in. I dont see why purebe would try to draw attention away from orpz unless they are a scum team together which is possible. But then purebe is doing a pretty good job of bussing for a noob

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 12:44 AM
I dont like how gyrl responded to pressure. Also his sudden dissappearance is abit weird.

purebe
October 1st, 2016, 12:50 AM
Well my main issue right now is that a random lynch is almost 80% chance to mislynch, and I think the policy lynch is the definition of random lynch. It's a terrible move for town, so I have a hard time reading town from someone stuck on it.

Lack of activity is an issue but I guess we'll see where that goes, I really think we should postpone our lynch as long as possible due to the activity circumstances.

Stereo
October 1st, 2016, 02:16 AM
Well my main issue right now is that a random lynch is almost 80% chance to mislynch, and I think the policy lynch is the definition of random lynch. It's a terrible move for town, so I have a hard time reading town from someone stuck on it.
Lynching is the only way we're going to get anywhere. If we had more than just a bus I might be against it.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 03:22 AM
Holy shit people. BC is just one player with one vote. She may be a good player, but we don't need to suck on her tits to win.

Rather than praying best-player rolled town, play for yourself ffs.

I didn't mind BC slaughtering insolent lurkers in a bloodthirsty inquisition where the ends justify the means, but the sheepish players going "merrhhh no choice no choice follow BC MVP" have corrupted what was once a badass last stand.

sigh

I agree Gyrlander's lack of activity is getting stupid. He made a few short posts at d1-start and hasn't reappeared since.

Can't we at least pretend we might vote someone else before EOD, though? XD

Gyrlander
October 1st, 2016, 03:32 AM
Yeah, I'm a human being that requires sleeping.

Gyrlander
October 1st, 2016, 03:33 AM

If that was the case I would have vote them, don't you think?

Gyrlander
October 1st, 2016, 03:35 AM
An aggressive attachment towards Banana regarding the vote even though the last post about it was 6 minutes ago. Considering the quoted post probably took about a minute to think and type, I would say that Banana's flippant vote clearly bothers Gyrlander.

It bothers me that players tunnel me for Day One and it is a valid reason for the rest of the players giving them a free pass while I'm alive.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 03:38 AM

Okay, if you read his posts that way, fine. But explain how you read that from these two posts:

Because in these posts he seems pretty fukin' calm. They don't strike me as someone overwhelmed with paranoia desperately defending himself from his inevitable lynch. A little bit of belligerence sprinkled in is the norm here, as you demonstrate yourself with this post:

You are wayyyy more passive aggressive than him, here. This is why I want to hear you elaborate on your reasoning for calling his defense "aggressive".

So sensitive to the suspicion on others, so oblivious to the suspicion on yourself. Fascinating =P

Orpz looks so scummy, someone throw me a bone pls DX

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 03:41 AM
It bothers me that players tunnel me for Day One and it is a valid reason for the rest of the players giving them a free pass while I'm alive.

Have you read up? I'd recommend reading and analyzing some posts that take your interest and posting the analysis to show you have thoughts and a brain. Because right now everyone is voting you because "I wants my skillful players to carry me dis game, so let's lynch Gyrlander tho i has no reeson to hate him WOOHOO!"

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 03:41 AM
Have you read up? I'd recommend reading and analyzing some posts that take your interest and posting the analysis to show you have thoughts and a brain. Because right now everyone is voting you because "I wants my skillful players to carry me dis game, so let's lynch Gyrlander tho i has no reeson to hate him WOOHOO!"

Here, lemme make sure you read that Gyrlander =P

Gyrlander
October 1st, 2016, 04:01 AM
Yeah, I just read Banana's post about that she is going to tunnel me and won't vote anyone else until I'm dead. Isn't that similar to Griefing?

Also, as I see Orpz is misrepping me until it gets to a point that I'm (as you said) paranoied about being voted? I mean, I'm not paranoied but I'm quite fustrated that the reasons are "policy lynching" and Orpz first :sheep: Banana and then made a quick reason about me being overly defensive.

As I see, you're taking a gambit but, sadly, there are way more Town than Scum so it is going to turn bad, guys.

Gyrlander
October 1st, 2016, 04:02 AM
I dont like how gyrl responded to pressure. Also his sudden dissappearance is abit weird.

Why I feel like he just read Orpz post and straight :sheep: his thoughts? At least he hasn't voted me, magnific.

Gyrlander
October 1st, 2016, 04:04 AM
Lynching is the only way we're going to get anywhere. If we had more than just a bus I might be against it.

Stereo is being such a hypocrite here. He's basically saying that even if there's a 80% of me being Town lynching is the only way to get anywhere so yeah! Let's lynch a most-probably town!

I'm sure that if he was on my situation he would say otherwise.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 04:26 AM
Thanks.

Also, do you have any scumreads?

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 04:28 AM
Thanks.

Also, do you have any scumreads?

Your scumreads and townreads could probably be guessed but I just wanna be clear.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 06:04 AM

Elaborate on this.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 06:05 AM
Elaborate on this.

(the first bit)

BananaCucho
October 1st, 2016, 08:30 AM
RIP Grylander

Yzb, kiss my ass this game again pls or I'll be forced to kill you next.

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 10:39 AM
Stereo is being such a hypocrite here. He's basically saying that even if there's a 80% of me being Town lynching is the only way to get anywhere so yeah! Let's lynch a most-probably town!

Honestly, Banana actually raises a decent argument. Even with the position you are in you still don't try to do anything productive.

Moving my first vote now

Orpz

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 10:42 AM
we have 3 mislynches not 2 if my calculations are correct. But I agree I do not think a policy lynch is the best idea right now. But I believe banana is a way more useful player to have on our team once gyrl is out of the way we can put our attention elsewhere.

Sorry, I was thinking 2 more and then we can't do anymore without losing. Point still stands, 3 isn't a lot when you look at scum killing the least suspicious targets

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 10:46 AM

I think Orpz is doing everything possible to try to get people lynched. That message was over a month ago, and I think I replied? If not then I will.

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 10:47 AM
if we vote grylander and he is town, are we going to consider banana might be scum?

I find this suspicious also. Not sure why you would be trying to turn this into a 1v1 as Banana has never stated she thinks Gyrlander is scum this game.

BananaCucho
October 1st, 2016, 10:58 AM
Honestly, Banana actually raises a decent argument. Even with the position you are in you still don't try to do anything productive.

Moving my first vote now

Orpz

Yet you don't vote Grylander :facepalm:

BananaCucho
October 1st, 2016, 11:02 AM
Unknown trying to build a counter train on Orpz even though immediately after Overwatch he agreed that Grylander should be policy lynched in upcoming games, and agrees with my point this game since Grylander continues to not do anything really and won't do anything and he knows it.

Suspicious as fuck.

BananaCucho
October 1st, 2016, 11:05 AM
If my vote wasn't pledged to Grylander I would commit to lynching Unknown. Twice I have been suspicious of Unknown early and twice I have backed off when he was scum both times (Overwatch and Give or Take)

Too bad I'm not budging on Grylander.

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 11:20 AM
If my vote wasn't pledged to Grylander I would commit to lynching Unknown. Twice I have been suspicious of Unknown early and twice I have backed off when he was scum both times (Overwatch and Give or Take)

Too bad I'm not budging on Grylander.

too bad im not moving my vote either. sad day.

scum>Pl. arguing with you now is utterly pointless because you dont scum-read him. I scum-read Orpz, which is enough for me to want to vote Orpz instead of Gyrlander.

Your suspicion on me is because i don't want to policy lynch Gyrlander when i said ~1 month ago that I would. Things change, and I don't see a reason why lynching Gyrlander as PL is beneficial. I could argue that Orpz has done nothing at all except early trolling and accusing me and Gyrlander as scum for the dumbest reasons that he himself has shown.

Commenting on the second point: I'd like to see Gyrlander say something. If he wants to show that he can do something, fine by me. Otherwise i'll expect him to get replaced which is a much better situation then possibly Miss lynching someone for no good reason.

Interesting how you fail to acknowledge the lack of effort Orpz has put in either. Didn't YOU say that he always trolls like this?

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 11:35 AM
Elaborate on this.

He does not try to point out any useful tells in anyone else and only complains about how the votes on him are unfair. I feel like town would try and bring up a more suitable target instead of just whining and calling everyone a sheep. I still dont know what gyrls reads are or who they think is a better lynch option.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 11:40 AM
too bad im not moving my vote either. sad day.

scum>Pl. arguing with you now is utterly pointless because you dont scum-read him. I scum-read Orpz, which is enough for me to want to vote Orpz instead of Gyrlander.

Your suspicion on me is because i don't want to policy lynch Gyrlander when i said ~1 month ago that I would. Things change, and I don't see a reason why lynching Gyrlander as PL is beneficial. I could argue that Orpz has done nothing at all except early trolling and accusing me and Gyrlander as scum for the dumbest reasons that he himself has shown.

Commenting on the second point: I'd like to see Gyrlander say something. If he wants to show that he can do something, fine by me. Otherwise i'll expect him to get replaced which is a much better situation then possibly Miss lynching someone for no good reason.

Interesting how you fail to acknowledge the lack of effort Orpz has put in either. Didn't YOU say that he always trolls like this?

gyrl has been on the verge of being lynched for sometime now and still only shows up every now and then to call people sheeps then dissapears. I agree that having gyrl replaced would be beneficial because it would hopefully allow banana to move on. At this point the only reason a gylr lynch would be useful is because it will allow my strongest town read and a very decent player to focus on finding more scum. Also I dont find gyrl to be very towny at all so dont mind seeing him hang. Maybe thats just bias tho but seems like fed up scum to me. I also have orpz in my potential scum pool.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 11:41 AM
a no lynch would not be good for town at this point because all that would do is limit us to only 2 mislynches and its gg

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 11:51 AM
gyrl has been on the verge of being lynched for sometime now and still only shows up every now and then to call people sheeps then dissapears. I agree that having gyrl replaced would be beneficial because it would hopefully allow banana to move on. At this point the only reason a gylr lynch would be useful is because it will allow my strongest town read and a very decent player to focus on finding more scum. Also I dont find gyrl to be very towny at all so dont mind seeing him hang. Maybe thats just bias tho but seems like fed up scum to me. I also have orpz in my potential scum pool.

I'll have to ask if you could re-look at his posts then. To me, Gyrlander started off more town than he normally does when he is scum. He actually made a few observations, and theres one comment in particular that caught my eye that actually makes me think he is town.

So yeah, show me why you think he is scum based off which posts and i'll put why I think he is town/scum too.

That being said, I am not scum and Banana has just expressed a desire to follow up on me after Gyrlander (fairly certain regardless of flip) which to me is two miss lynches. I am not going to waste time on Gyrlander when I don't think he is scum. If Orpz flips scum that makes this a lot easier to work with (pretty sure he will) and will get us off on a better foot.

Gyrlander I hope you plan to join the conversation and cast a vote on someone at some point.

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 11:52 AM
a no lynch would not be good for town at this point because all that would do is limit us to only 2 mislynches and its gg

Of course not. I highly doubt that either train won't go through, given that you will vote for both and Pure has expressed a desire to vote Orpz. Without your vote it's L-2 for both of them, which isn't including Gyrlander and whoever else still needs to vote.

Stereo
October 1st, 2016, 02:16 PM
Are you saying that is scummy? I feel like scum tends to be oppurtunistic and tries to fit in. I dont see why purebe would try to draw attention away from orpz unless they are a scum team together which is possible. But then purebe is doing a pretty good job of bussing for a noob
It leans scum if you ask me. We were at least semi-committed to the confirmed townie no lyncherino thing, but as soon as Yzb and I voted for Orpz, suddenly we should pressure AFKs. Its something to read into should one of them flip scum later.

Holy shit people. BC is just one player with one vote. She may be a good player, but we don't need to suck on her tits to win.

I didn't mind BC slaughtering insolent lurkers in a bloodthirsty inquisition where the ends justify the means, but the sheepish players going "merrhhh no choice no choice follow BC MVP" have corrupted what was once a badass last stand.
I really don't know much about either of them, but Banana's wanting to lynch Gyrlander coincides with my own. Gyrlander is a habitual lurker from what I've gathered, and I like to lynch lurkers and survivors.

Please elaborate on my hypocrisy.

Everyone at this very moment has an 80% chance of flipping town. But there's a 20% out there that can suck my ass, and we need that 20% to not be 20%. Lynching you gets us Banana's cooperation. Seeing how I like Banana's input more than your own, I really don't care what you flip. Think of it as a noble sacrifice if you want.

Our only town power is a bus driver. Unless they have an alignment detector on that bus, we should be lynching every day. The noose is unbiased and all knowing.

purebe
October 1st, 2016, 02:27 PM
Gyrlanders defense:

I don't think it's a bad defense, he isn't being voted because he played poorly but because banana decided to policy lynch him. I agree with both of his points of defense: we're giving a free pass to people tunnelling a random lynch, and Orpz is misrepresenting his defense to try to secure a RANDOM lynch.

His defense doesn't inspire me to town read him but it also doesn't inspire me to waste a lynch.

I find this suspicious also. Not sure why you would be trying to turn this into a 1v1 as Banana has never stated she thinks Gyrlander is scum this game.

Well, I see what you mean but getting a town killed is a scummy thing to do. I mean the only possibility I didn't consider was if Gyrlander AND Banana were both scum, but in that case I think we're fucked because if Gyrlander gets policy lynched as scum there's approximately 0.00% chance we're lynching banana. But if banana is scum and Gyrlander flips town are we EVER going to lynch banana? What would she have to do for us to be willing to read scum after she champions a mislynch? I get the point of not reading anything into it because it's a policy lynch, but I restate that makes it an amazing scum cover.

Plus she calls a scum read on you because you aren't jumping on the policy lynch, and she threatened yzb25 for a random lynch if he doesn't go along with her. I would love for someone to explain to me how these are towny moves that hold towns interest at heart, because they look REALLY BAD for town in my opinion.

Of course not. I highly doubt that either train won't go through, given that you will vote for both and Pure has expressed a desire to vote Orpz. Without your vote it's L-2 for both of them, which isn't including Gyrlander and whoever else still needs to vote.

Yep and we are at sub-8 hours and counting. I will hold my vote until we are nearly at the end of day but as it stands I'm 100% willing to vote Orpz. I also think inactive players should be replaced or something.

BananaCucho
October 1st, 2016, 02:31 PM
Lmao at the idea that MattZed would for some reason replace Grylander. You people don't know MattZed.

purebe
October 1st, 2016, 02:47 PM
It leans scum if you ask me. We were at least semi-committed to the confirmed townie no lyncherino thing, but as soon as Yzb and I voted for Orpz, suddenly we should pressure AFKs. Its something to read into should one of them flip scum later.

I really don't know much about either of them, but Banana's wanting to lynch Gyrlander coincides with my own. Gyrlander is a habitual lurker from what I've gathered, and I like to lynch lurkers and survivors.

Please elaborate on my hypocrisy.

Everyone at this very moment has an 80% chance of flipping town. But there's a 20% out there that can suck my ass, and we need that 20% to not be 20%. Lynching you gets us Banana's cooperation. Seeing how I like Banana's input more than your own, I really don't care what you flip. Think of it as a noble sacrifice if you want.

Our only town power is a bus driver. Unless they have an alignment detector on that bus, we should be lynching every day. The noose is unbiased and all knowing.

We had 5/9 people who had posted and the entire day left pretty much when I said we should pressure AFKers. That alone was reason enough for me to not vote Orpz at that point, but I also don't scum read Orpz from the first page anyway. On page 2 when he jumps on the policy lynch, and when he misrepresents Gyrlanders defense in post #49 and #50, makes him my best scum read so far. But, I don't think it screams scum, and I'd be willing to hear a defense of it. After re-reading his posts I can see how he may genuinely have thought Gyrlander over-reacted but I still disagree.

Anyone willing to make a sacrifice with an 80% chance of it being town reads scummy to me at least a bit. If you actually mean it when you say we need that 20% to not be 20%, surely you agree that we can change the odds by deductive reasoning TODAY, rather than going with what is at best a pre-planned strike against a random member, and at worst a targeted town killing.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 03:05 PM
One of the main things that made me scumread Orpz at first is his bullshitting.

Shitposting for the purpose of shitposting is a dick move. Shitposting for the purpose of strategically setting a tone at which players are not 100% comfortable with is not a dick move. (aka strategic shitposting)

Take the above example: "strategic shitposting" by "setting an uncomfortable tone"? WTF? That joke he did at the start where he literally gave free townreads only helped to make people very comfortable. It gave them a great way to make hollow posts that contribute no alignment indicative info.

That aside, he obviously didn't have some masterplan to make his shitposts and shitreplies meaningful. He was just shitreplying because he couldn't be bothered to give actual, substantial replies.

The other thing is his aggression:

Note the passive-aggressive "Fascinating..." and the snarky attitude. As was well-established later, Gyrlander did not make a dramatic or aggressive defense. Hell, he barely defended himself. He was just making reasonable points about the train on him. So painting Gyrlander's post as an "aggressive defense" is ridiculous and aggressive in-and-of-itself.

These two elements together, his bullshitting and his aggression, make him look like a scum misrepping towns unfairly to encourage mislynches, while looking like a town contributing. However, I think this is a huge misread of what's going on.

Here, he's misrepping Purebe, but not to portray him as a scum - to portray him as a cheater. How does that help his play as scum? Your misreps are supposed to make people look scummy. Cheaters aren't necessarily mafia.

Bear with me for a moment - Have you ever bullshit others / made up a bullshit persona purely for the mild amusement you get from being ridiculous for no reason? That's Orpz. Constantly. He's not misrepping people to appear like a town scumhunting or to misrep town, he's misrepping people to roleplay and troll. Which is why he showed bullshit aggression to Purebe over cheating.

The same goes for the bullshitting thing. He's not actually bullshitting to seem townish, he's bullshitting to be flamboyant. "My shitposting has a master-plan"? Come on, gimme a fucking break lol.

Ultimately, this sort of roleplaying purely for the purposes of self-amusement serves no benefit to him as scum. I think his lack of care towards his own train and his terrible attitude if he actually is scum indicates he is in fact town.

Yes, I'm townreading him for misrepping and bullshitting. Come at me faggot.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 03:05 PM
It woulda been nice to see Orpz post more to confirm this, but with so little time left I need to switch trains fast. Sorrryyyy ;3

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 03:10 PM
I don't have a ton of time, so I wanted to counter one of the posts about Orpz calling someone a cheater and thinking that's Townie.

It's a psychological thing. I would never be surprised if scum called someone a cheater opposed to scum if they know that the person they are discrediting is Town.

Aside from that, a lot of your logic is "too scummy to be scum" which is a weak argument to make because playstyle can go with being scum. It's not like you would argue that Gyrlander not trying means he's Town, you wouldn't and you are about to vote him.

purebe
October 1st, 2016, 03:15 PM
I'm not sure what my thoughts on the rest of that is just yet but to be fair I did cheat, I didn't intentionally do so and I apologize for it but it did happen. I appended two posts, the first time I didn't say anything about it as I thought the guy was being a bit cheeky, so I put edit tags on the 2nd time, and, then I was informed that I should have read the rules and I'm an idiot. That's entirely my bad, sorry.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 03:25 PM
He does not try to point out any useful tells in anyone else and only complains about how the votes on him are unfair. I feel like town would try and bring up a more suitable target instead of just whining and calling everyone a sheep. I still dont know what gyrls reads are or who they think is a better lynch option.

Eggy, much like Orpz, bullshits a lot here. For context, Eggy said "I dont like how gyrl responded to pressure.", I asked him to elaborate, and then he posted the above post.

At this point, Gyrl had only said the following posts in response to the pressure on him, on page 3:

Eggy claims Gyrlander "only complains about how votes are unfair", yet Gyrlander never even brought up fairness. He claims Gyrlander engages in "just whining and calling everyone a sheep", but there is nothing to indicate his tone is whiny. He tells Orpz to stop being dumb/sheepish but that's quite different.

So, just bullshitting like Orpz? No.

It's not just flamboyant extravaganza for the purposes of amusing roleplay - that's not in Eggy's personality anyway. This is different.

Let me give you some context: In the last game I played with Eggy, I jokingly suggested to PL Eggy. After that, Eggy wrote nine posts completely centered on me and how obvs scum I was. He placed a vote on me and was openly hostile to me. We were 10 pages in and, after reading through the entire thread, Eggy only talked about me, me, me.

Eggy was town that game.

Eggy's response was not rational. Eggy did not propose other targets. Eggy did not meet the standards he creates in this post. In fact, he completely shit all over the standards. He expects Gyrlander to have awesome alternate lynches on page 3 and a rational response, even though he knows this is in no way how a town acts. Especially a town like Gyrlander.

This criticism of Gyrlander is completely fabricated for personal convenience. It is not a reflection of how he actually tries to read people when he's town. In fact, he tries to read people by projecting himself onto others: "I'd do that if I was town." "Man, I wouldn't do that if I was town". Yet he's doing nothing like that here. This is bullshit with malicious intent and calculated lying - he's fabricated ridiculous standards for Gyrlander to meet so he has an excuse to hammer Gyrlander later.

I want him to feel the rope around his neck.

Eggy

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 03:33 PM
I don't have a ton of time, so I wanted to counter one of the posts about Orpz calling someone a cheater and thinking that's Townie.

It's a psychological thing. I would never be surprised if scum called someone a cheater opposed to scum if they know that the person they are discrediting is Town.

Aside from that, a lot of your logic is "too scummy to be scum" which is a weak argument to make because playstyle can go with being scum. It's not like you would argue that Gyrlander not trying means he's Town, you wouldn't and you are about to vote him.

I didn't say he was too scummy to be scum. This was basically my conc:

"He's not actually bullshitting to seem townish, he's bullshitting to be flamboyant. "My shitposting has a master-plan"? Come on, gimme a fucking break lol.

Ultimately, this sort of roleplaying purely for the purposes of self-amusement serves no benefit to him as scum. I think his lack of care towards his own train and his terrible attitude if he actually is scum indicates he is in fact town."

Apologies if I was unclear. The thing is, this roleplaying is very obscure and unfamiliar, yet he's doing it simply because he finds it fun. Such intentionless "I did it for bants lulz" does not seem scummy to me. If a frequent lurker lurked like always and I townread him for that, that would be different lol.

Also, I'm not voting Gyrlander.

Anyway, purebe Noone's accusing you of cheating dw lol

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:04 PM
I'll have to ask if you could re-look at his posts then. To me, Gyrlander started off more town than he normally does when he is scum. He actually made a few observations, and theres one comment in particular that caught my eye that actually makes me think he is town.

So yeah, show me why you think he is scum based off which posts and i'll put why I think he is town/scum too.

That being said, I am not scum and Banana has just expressed a desire to follow up on me after Gyrlander (fairly certain regardless of flip) which to me is two miss lynches. I am not going to waste time on Gyrlander when I don't think he is scum. If Orpz flips scum that makes this a lot easier to work with (pretty sure he will) and will get us off on a better foot.

Gyrlander I hope you plan to join the conversation and cast a vote on someone at some point.

part of the reason that Im suspucious of gyrlander was his lack of posts as oppose to his posts in specific but I will show you some posts that rub me the wrong way.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:05 PM

And the OMGUS is real.

fluff for the most part not AI at all

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:08 PM
Oh well, I also wished to tell you that I finally managed to get a town role. It was hard, but the e-mail almost made me cry.

I found this strange. Why say this especially when hes saying finally as if he is always scum but now we shudnt worry because he is "finally" town. I am not very familiar with gyrls play but I dont think ive seen him do this before also I tend to dislike when people say their town in the begging. Stereo and purebe are relatively new so I didnt say anything. Also mesk does this all the time but thats is like 50% of her play everygame

powerofdeath
October 1st, 2016, 04:09 PM
gyrlander

yo

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:12 PM

in what world does scum take such a bold stance? If I was in gyrl shoes I would not call banana scum. Seems like an attempt to discredit banana and save himself. Already calling people dumb sheeps

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:12 PM
gyrlander

yo

No one better hammer before the EOD I want to see what gyrl has to say

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 04:13 PM
gyrlander

yo

Pls no. Pls no. Pls no. You're risking Eggy hammering to end day before risking things getting bloody.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:14 PM

calls people pathetic for not putting in any effort but literally is the person on the chopping block and has put in 0 effort to try and defend themselves or suggest better lynches. Hypocrisy at its finest. Resorts to insults to defend himself

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:15 PM
Pls no. Pls no. Pls no. You're risking Eggy hammering to end day before risking things getting bloody.

Nice try lol im the person saying not to hammer before EOD you really think I wud contradict myself and hammer anyway?

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 04:16 PM
Nice try lol im the person saying not to hammer before EOD you really think I wud contradict myself and hammer anyway?

I'm using reverse psychology. Get gud scrub.

BananaCucho
October 1st, 2016, 04:17 PM
Get fucked Grylander

purebe
October 1st, 2016, 04:18 PM
I can't be the only person bothered that powerofdeath says nothing and then just puts gyrlander at L-1. Can you at least give a reason?

purebe
October 1st, 2016, 04:19 PM
Also I feel like things are going to shit if we lynch Gyrlander at this point

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:19 PM

Calls me a sheep of orpz after calling orpz a sheep so is saying I sheeped a sheep? seems to be his only defence. Calls stereo a hypocrite when he is a hypocrite himself.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:20 PM
I can't be the only person bothered that powerofdeath says nothing and then just puts gyrlander at L-1. Can you at least give a reason?

Yea wtf 6 hours left in the day comes puts gyrl at L-1 when the lynch would most likely go through anyway then dissapears

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 04:22 PM
I didn't say he was too scummy to be scum. This was basically my conc:

"He's not actually bullshitting to seem townish, he's bullshitting to be flamboyant. "My shitposting has a master-plan"? Come on, gimme a fucking break lol.

Ultimately, this sort of roleplaying purely for the purposes of self-amusement serves no benefit to him as scum. I think his lack of care towards his own train and his terrible attitude if he actually is scum indicates he is in fact town."

Apologies if I was unclear. The thing is, this roleplaying is very obscure and unfamiliar, yet he's doing it simply because he finds it fun. Such intentionless "I did it for bants lulz" does not seem scummy to me. If a frequent lurker lurked like always and I townread him for that, that would be different lol.

Also, I'm not voting Gyrlander.

Anyway, purebe Noone's accusing you of cheating dw lol

Because this conversation is really calm (for once) I'm actually happy.

Okay. I am reading this, and most of it seems to be about Orpz's play. You are saying scum would never do this, but the same should be said for town too.

So let me ask you, why do the things you think Orpz are town for make him Town compared to his normal play? I have played 1 game with Orpz, and he was town and played as town leader. I don't understand what your argument is because it seems to be all about his playstyle. If someone doesn't care much and plays the same both alignments, why would they go out of their way to change?

I will take a look at your Eggy case, but because it is so close to EOD and I don't particularly scum-read Egg I don't think it will gain any traction,

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:22 PM
Unknown1234 come show me which posts of gyrls you find townish. I read through all of them and they all seem low effort and defensive which is not necessarily AI but If I was in his position I would try and defend myself way harder especially since there is only like 7 pages not like he diesnt have time to read and evaluate the situation.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 04:23 PM
fluff for the most part not AI at all

Omg, you're actually going through every post and twisting it to look wrong on one level or another, without even bothering to connect your commentary to a scumtell sometimes.

Like, you're taking a page 1 post and criticizing it for being "fluff for the most part not AI at all"? WTF? Come on people the amount of bullshit he's sewing to make his vote on Gyrlander look like anything other than bumlicking BC is almost admirable.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 04:26 PM

Okay. I am reading this, and most of it seems to be about Orpz's play. You are saying scum would never do this, but the same should be said for town too.

So let me ask you, why do the things you think Orpz are town for make him Town compared to his normal play? I have played 1 game with Orpz, and he was town and played as town leader. I don't understand what your argument is because it seems to be all about his playstyle. If someone doesn't care much and plays the same both alignments, why would they go out of their way to change?

I will take a look at your Eggy case, but because it is so close to EOD and I don't particularly scum-read Egg I don't think it will gain any traction,

He is roleplaying a paranoid town scumreading people for ridiculous reasons and setting up faux masterplans for entertainment.

Do you think a scum would wifom a trollish town roleplaying a paranoid town scumreading people for ridiculous reasons and setting up faux masterplans for entertainment?

I do not, unless he is literally betting on another player analyzing his play just far enough to notice the roleplay but not the potential WIFOM, LOL.

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 04:27 PM
I found this strange. Why say this especially when hes saying finally as if he is always scum but now we shudnt worry because he is "finally" town. I am not very familiar with gyrls play but I dont think ive seen him do this before also I tend to dislike when people say their town in the begging. Stereo and purebe are relatively new so I didnt say anything. Also mesk does this all the time but thats is like 50% of her play everygame

I found this strange too, but I guess not the way you do.

Look at it this way. Gyrlander is always scum. (Overwatch, Artificial Intelligence, I can't remember the other game names) but he is almost never town. I can understand why he would say this, because he gets lynched a lot and he is scum a lot. I don't see why scum!Gyrlander posts this, and I genuinely believe he is happy that he actually isn't scum for a change.

Also, someone fucking Unvote. I'd Gyrlander is busdriver I want to see him claim it so we can stop this shit train. NO Hammering.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:27 PM

he made a "case" on me from one post lol I dont know where to put YZ at the moment. I am leaning town because I feel like scum would try and push one of the trains unless orpz and gyrl are both scum but then yz wud have to be town. If YZ is scum with gyrl he would have kept his vote on irpz because that seems to be the only way to save gyrl at the moment. unless he is trying to throw his oartner under the bus to seem towny after flip but I doubt it

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 04:28 PM

TBH, you are making Eggy out to be worse than he is.

yzb25
Oh and, like Unknown, even if I get a little passionate, I don't actually hold any personal oppositions against anyone. It's all in the spirit of the game, so don't take it to heart, blahblahblah

Orpz
One of the main things that made me scumread Orpz at first is his bullshitting.

Take the above example: "strategic shitposting" by "setting an uncomfortable tone"? WTF? That joke he did at the start where he literally gave free townreads only helped to make people very comfortable. It gave them a great way to make hollow posts that contribute no alignment indicative info.

That aside, he obviously didn't have some masterplan to make his shitposts and shitreplies meaningful. He was just shitreplying because he couldn't be bothered to give actual, substantial replies.

The other thing is his aggression:

Note the passive-aggressive "Fascinating..." and the snarky attitude. As was well-established later, Gyrlander did not make a dramatic or aggressive defense. Hell, he barely defended himself. He was just making reasonable points about the train on him. So painting Gyrlander's post as an "aggressive defense" is ridiculous and aggressive in-and-of-itself.

These two elements together, his bullshitting and his aggression, make him look like a scum misrepping towns unfairly to encourage mislynches, while looking like a town contributing. However, I think this is a huge misread of what's going on.

Here, he's misrepping Purebe, but not to portray him as a scum - to portray him as a cheater. How does that help his play as scum? Your misreps are supposed to make people look scummy. Cheaters aren't necessarily mafia.

Bear with me for a moment - Have you ever bullshit others / made up a bullshit persona purely for the mild amusement you get from being ridiculous for no reason? That's Orpz. Constantly. He's not misrepping people to appear like a town scumhunting or to misrep town, he's misrepping people to roleplay and troll. Which is why he showed bullshit aggression to Purebe over cheating.

The same goes for the bullshitting thing. He's not actually bullshitting to seem townish, he's bullshitting to be flamboyant. "My shitposting has a master-plan"? Come on, gimme a fucking break lol.

Ultimately, this sort of roleplaying purely for the purposes of self-amusement serves no benefit to him as scum. I think his lack of care towards his own train and his terrible attitude if he actually is scum indicates he is in fact town.

Yes, I'm townreading him for misrepping and bullshitting. Come at me faggot.

Ah, I see. The WIFOM game you're playing is Chess. Unfortunately I am playing 23 Dimensional Blindfolded Backgammon.

I'm heading out in a bit, so I won't address your posts until I'm free again. Actually, I don't think it's a relevant point of conversation anymore. You're free to continue to speculate on my early Day 1 shitposting but seeing as how I intend to take the game seriously from here, I don't feel it to be related enough to the game.

Also I have no idea what you meant by my aggression to Purebe. I never once thought he was intentionally cheating; 99% of the time people edit posts are because they didn't know it was against the rules.

"Fascinating..." is an allusion to Aizen, who might be the only good thing left about Bleach after that god awful ending.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 04:29 PM
TBH, you are making Eggy out to be worse than he is.

Awwh come on don't pick on the one weak thing I said about him and ignore the big-ass wallpost D=

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:30 PM
Omg, you're actually going through every post and twisting it to look wrong on one level or another, without even bothering to connect your commentary to a scumtell sometimes.

Like, you're taking a page 1 post and criticizing it for being "fluff for the most part not AI at all"? WTF? Come on people the amount of bullshit he's sewing to make his vote on Gyrlander look like anything other than bumlicking BC is almost admirable.

I went through like all his posts because he made like a total of 6. I have stated many times that the main reason I dont mind lynching gyrl is because Banana refuses to vite anyone else which will be very problematic as the game progresses. Unknown asked me to go through all his posts so I did. I also said I might be abit bias but you seem to keep forgetting that. You have done a pretty good job of misrepping me repeatedly

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 04:31 PM
Ah, I see. The WIFOM game you're playing is Chess. Unfortunately I am playing 23 Dimensional Blindfolded Backgammon.

I'm heading out in a bit, so I won't address your posts until I'm free again. Actually, I don't think it's a relevant point of conversation anymore. You're free to continue to speculate on my early Day 1 shitposting but seeing as how I intend to take the game seriously from here, I don't feel it to be related enough to the game.

Also I have no idea what you meant by my aggression to Purebe. I never once thought he was intentionally cheating; 99% of the time people edit posts are because they didn't know it was against the rules.

"Fascinating..." is an allusion to Aizen, who might be the only good thing left about Bleach after that god awful ending.

Bruh, ik you didn't think Purebe was cheating. You were trolling. I geddit man... I think...

That "Fascinating..." thing is a reference an obscure pop reference? This completely undermines my entire read on you :O

Orpz
October 1st, 2016, 04:32 PM

From several hours ago* actually, I only trolled for like a few hours at the start of the game.

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 04:33 PM
calls people pathetic for not putting in any effort but literally is the person on the chopping block and has put in 0 effort to try and defend themselves or suggest better lynches. Hypocrisy at its finest. Resorts to insults to defend himself

Fairly certain that he was saying someone who put no effort in used a lousy excuse to join a train. I don't think he has the right to discredit others for stuff he does.

Look at his more recent posts. What do you think of them? I'm pretty sure Scum!Gyrlander doesn't consider any logic and usually afks when he is about to be lynched. I'm like, 90% he's not scum right now.

I will look at his posts as well in the meantime.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 04:34 PM
I went through like all his posts because he made like a total of 6. I have stated many times that the main reason I dont mind lynching gyrl is because Banana refuses to vite anyone else which will be very problematic as the game progresses. Unknown asked me to go through all his posts so I did. I also said I might be abit bias but you seem to keep forgetting that. You have done a pretty good job of misrepping me repeatedly

He asked you to pick out what seems scummy in his posts. He didn't ask for an ISO in which you make weak arg.s on everything. You stretched really hard to make that ISO work. I am not the one stretching for pointing that out >.>

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:35 PM
Eggy, much like Orpz, bullshits a lot here. For context, Eggy said "I dont like how gyrl responded to pressure.", I asked him to elaborate, and then he posted the above post.

At this point, Gyrl had only said the following posts in response to the pressure on him, on page 3:

Eggy claims Gyrlander "only complains about how votes are unfair", yet Gyrlander never even brought up fairness. He claims Gyrlander engages in "just whining and calling everyone a sheep", but there is nothing to indicate his tone is whiny. He tells Orpz to stop being dumb/sheepish but that's quite different.

It's not just flamboyant extravaganza for the purposes of amusing roleplay - that's not in Eggy's personality anyway. This is different.

Let me give you some context: In the last game I played with Eggy, I jokingly suggested to PL Eggy. After that, Eggy wrote nine posts completely centered on me and how obvs scum I was. He placed a vote on me and was openly hostile to me. We were 10 pages in and, after reading through the entire thread, Eggy only talked about me, me, me.

Eggy was town that game.

Eggy's response was not rational. Eggy did not propose other targets. Eggy did not meet the standards he creates in this post. In fact, he completely shit all over the standards. He expects Gyrlander to have awesome alternate lynches on page 3 and a rational response, even though he knows this is in no way how a town acts. Especially a town like Gyrlander.

This criticism of Gyrlander is completely fabricated for personal convenience. It is not a reflection of how he actually tries to read people when he's town. In fact, he tries to read people by projecting himself onto others: "I'd do that if I was town." "Man, I wouldn't do that if I was town". Yet he's doing nothing like that here. This is bullshit with malicious intent and calculated lying - he's fabricated ridiculous standards for Gyrlander to meet so he has an excuse to hammer Gyrlander later.

Eggy

This is a massive missrep my defense was very rational I was being suggested for a policy lynch because like one game out of the 10+ I played I was afk which so happened to be the only other game we olayed together I spent many posts(waaaay more than gyrl bothered to make) proving that I was town and you were an idiot because I did not want to be mislynched. You are right about ine thing I like to put myself in other peoples shoes. If I was in gyrls spot right now I would actually defend my self and put the effort in to show up and prove that I am town and not just dissapear and accept my fate. The leas ttown thing gyrl has done is that he does not out effort to defend himself when he is at L1 and calls people out for not putting effort in at the same time as calling other people hypocrites.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:36 PM

did not criticize it said it was NAI

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 04:36 PM
He is roleplaying a paranoid town scumreading people for ridiculous reasons and setting up faux masterplans for entertainment.

Do you think a scum would wifom a trollish town roleplaying a paranoid town scumreading people for ridiculous reasons and setting up faux masterplans for entertainment?

I do not, unless he is literally betting on another player analyzing his play just far enough to notice the roleplay but not the potential WIFOM, LOL.

Why is this different from normal Orpz play? Please compare between town and scum.

Your theories are biased, so I cannot answer this question as I do not agree with the conclusion.

I don't understand this answer, is this to paragraph 3?

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 04:37 PM
From several hours ago* actually, I only trolled for like a few hours at the start of the game.

Where have you provided substantial help to the town? Why the fuck do you scum-read Gyrlander? Policy lynch is not an acceptable answer.

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 04:38 PM
Awwh come on don't pick on the one weak thing I said about him and ignore the big-ass wallpost D=

I'm not, I have lots to answer and admittedly short answers are quick.

Why do you say weak points then?

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:38 PM
I found this strange too, but I guess not the way you do.

Look at it this way. Gyrlander is always scum. (Overwatch, Artificial Intelligence, I can't remember the other game names) but he is almost never town. I can understand why he would say this, because he gets lynched a lot and he is scum a lot. I don't see why scum!Gyrlander posts this, and I genuinely believe he is happy that he actually isn't scum for a change.

Also, someone fucking Unvote. I'd Gyrlander is busdriver I want to see him claim it so we can stop this shit train. NO Hammering.

unvote would be good but I really doubt anyone is going tk hammer at this point that would be extremely scummy. So is that the one thing that made you think he is town? I feel like that was vbrought on by like stereo orpz and purebe saying they were town so he just wanted to join in. Since he is lynched so often I would not be suprised if tried to change his scum play up abit and try out new things.

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 04:40 PM
Get fucked Grylander

At some point i am beginning to believe you are using your image as "crazy gambit Gurl" to try to cause un reasonable lynches. This is actually pathetic.

purebe
October 1st, 2016, 04:41 PM
Am I reading too much into this or was powerofdeaths random first vote let's L-1 a guy who is being argued over scummy as hell? He didn't give a reason and still hasn't. I mean we can assume we know the reason but I don't want to make assumptions if I don't have to, and I don't think we should have to in this case.

This thread is moving faster than I can read it now (a good thing) but I don't want this to be overlooked.

purebe
random first post*

Unknown1234
unvote would be good but I really doubt anyone is going tk hammer at this point that would be extremely scummy. So is that the one thing that made you think he is town? I feel like that was vbrought on by like stereo orpz and purebe saying they were town so he just wanted to join in. Since he is lynched so often I would not be suprised if tried to change his scum play up abit and try out new things.

No, I was trying to answer comments directed at me before I went to look at Gyrlanders posts.

If he just wanted to jump in, why did you find it scummy by him 'jumping in' ??

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 04:42 PM
Am I reading too much into this or was powerofdeaths random first vote let's L-1 a guy who is being argued over scummy as hell? He didn't give a reason and still hasn't. I mean we can assume we know the reason but I don't want to make assumptions if I don't have to, and I don't think we should have to in this case.

This thread is moving faster than I can read it now (a good thing) but I don't want this to be overlooked.

It's not being ignored. It reminds me of POD in Mw2 and I am not over looking it.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:43 PM
Fairly certain that he was saying someone who put no effort in used a lousy excuse to join a train. I don't think he has the right to discredit others for stuff he does.

Look at his more recent posts. What do you think of them? I'm pretty sure Scum!Gyrlander doesn't consider any logic and usually afks when he is about to be lynched. I'm like, 90% he's not scum right now.

I will look at his posts as well in the meantime.

you say he usually afks before he is lynched as scum? Is that not exactly what hes been doing?? He seems to pop up to make some low effort posts without any real contributions and then dissapear right after. I dont really know what his town play is like tho to be fair hence me saying I might be abit bias.
orpz still think this is a better train in terms f actually hiiting scum

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 04:44 PM

Are you bailing at EOD when you are under a high amount of suspicion and won't address anything? Bullshit.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:45 PM
He asked you to pick out what seems scummy in his posts. He didn't ask for an ISO in which you make weak arg.s on everything. You stretched really hard to make that ISO work. I am not the one stretching for pointing that out >.>

you said I was criticizing that post when I literally said it was NAI I also have said that the main thing I have against gyrl is banana 100% refusing to vote someone else and the fact that gyrl does not bother to stick around and defend himself. An ISO will not shed damning evidence against him since hes made like less than 10 posts

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:48 PM
No, I was trying to answer comments directed at me before I went to look at Gyrlanders posts.

If he just wanted to jump in, why did you find it scummy by him 'jumping in' ??

didnt say it was scummy said it was strange and would not suprise me if it was a scum play definately did not make me think he was town. You said there was one post in particular that made you think gylr was town what was it?

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:49 PM
Are you bailing at EOD when you are under a high amount of suspicion and won't address anything? Bullshit.

I think orpz should be the lynch for today

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:50 PM
if purebe votes orpz and YZ stops being an idiot and gyrl shows up we can pull the orpz lynch off before EOD

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 04:50 PM

Eggy was town that game.

Eggy

The first two paragraphs are taken by how you perceive it. When people whine and only address posts and votes against them, that is when you are complaining about the votes. It's as if those posts are the only ones that matter.

To be honest, you are criticizing someone for being a hypocrite. If I'm being honest, people are almost always hypocrites so I don't understand why this makes him different. The observation you make is good, but when under the heat you react differently than opposed to just finding scummy points against someone.

Those points brought up are Nullified from Eggy.

The last point is something to consider. Are you only using meta for this argument though?

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 04:51 PM
This is a massive missrep my defense was very rational I was being suggested for a policy lynch because like one game out of the 10+ I played I was afk which so happened to be the only other game we olayed together I spent many posts(waaaay more than gyrl bothered to make) proving that I was town and you were an idiot because I did not want to be mislynched. You are right about ine thing I like to put myself in other peoples shoes. If I was in gyrls spot right now I would actually defend my self and put the effort in to show up and prove that I am town and not just dissapear and accept my fate. The leas ttown thing gyrl has done is that he does not out effort to defend himself when he is at L1 and calls people out for not putting effort in at the same time as calling other people hypocrites.

Exactly. Your response that game was reasonable. So is Gyr's this game.

The only thing a town knows for sure is that he's town. So when people make arguments against him, he's going to naturally want to spend a lot of time responding to / debunking them. Gyr's response is reasonable, and your response was reasonable. Your response in that game was a more extreme version of Gyr's response, which is why it's particularly weird to me that you don't empathize with Gyr's position and expect him to "propose alternate targets" as town.

The bottom line is you don't seem to trully scumread Gyr. After putting more thought into it, I can see the possibility you are town but are voting Gyr purely on the basis that you will hopefully get good contributions from a hopefully-town BC. But I still feel like it's more likely you're scum than town.

In regards to his inactivity, he's not been terrible in that regard. Bear in mind the game's had a slow start anyway, and if you look at the times of his posts he is checking in with reasonable frequency and responding to what people say about him.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:51 PM
I hate saying this but YZ is such a dumbass its increadible always comming out with farfetched reasoning or plays that cost us the game.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:54 PM
The first two paragraphs are taken by how you perceive it. When people whine and only address posts and votes against them, that is when you are complaining about the votes. It's as if those posts are the only ones that matter.

To be honest, you are criticizing someone for being a hypocrite. If I'm being honest, people are almost always hypocrites so I don't understand why this makes him different. The observation you make is good, but when under the heat you react differently than opposed to just finding scummy points against someone.

The last point is something to consider. Are you only using meta for this argument though?

except I did put myself in gylr shoes even in the game he was reffering to. I showed up and defended myself as hard as I could and didnt just allow myself to be lynched so if anything is fabricated it is that statement. That is my preffered method of establishing reads. putting myself in other peoples shoes

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 04:55 PM
except I did put myself in gylr shoes even in the game he was reffering to. I showed up and defended myself as hard as I could and didnt just allow myself to be lynched so if anything is fabricated it is that statement. That is my preffered method of establishing reads. putting myself in other peoples shoes

I'm pretty sure what he is saying is that you aren't doing that this game.

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 04:56 PM
didnt say it was scummy said it was strange and would not suprise me if it was a scum play definately did not make me think he was town. You said there was one post in particular that made you think gylr was town what was it?

What is the difference between scummy and strange? I asked you what you thought was scummy but you are telling me now you don't find it scummy?

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 04:57 PM
Also, Gyrlanders post about him crying at the email was super sincere to me. There is more I just haven't quoted it yet.

yzb25

He didn't just whine about it being unfair though. He:

1) Thought Orpz was being stupid, and told him to stop being stupid.
2) Gave actual thoughts into why BC might vote him.

If he just said "omg this is unfair the game's barely started and people are voting me just because I lurked in the past", that would be whining and complaining about things being unfair. It is my perception, but I think it's a pretty damn reasonable perception.

I'm trying to locate the intent of his hypocrisy. It seems to me like he's being opportunistic - making excuses to vote Gyrlander, rather than being hypocritical in the sense of simply forgetting he's just as bad lol.

All reads are partially built on reading a person's personality. And reading a person's personality is often complemented by your past experiences with them. Yes it's an integral part of my read but to say the whole thing is a meta-read is a bit off. He seems to be bullshitting with intent, which is shown through his insincere reasoning.

Eggy
Exactly. Your response that game was reasonable. So is Gyr's this game.

The only thing a town knows for sure is that he's town. So when people make arguments against him, he's going to naturally want to spend a lot of time responding to / debunking them. Gyr's response is reasonable, and your response was reasonable. Your response in that game was a more extreme version of Gyr's response, which is why it's particularly weird to me that you don't empathize with Gyr's position and expect him to "propose alternate targets" as town.

The bottom line is you don't seem to trully scumread Gyr. After putting more thought into it, I can see the possibility you are town but are voting Gyr purely on the basis that you will hopefully get good contributions from a hopefully-town BC. But I still feel like it's more likely you're scum than town.

In regards to his inactivity, he's not been terrible in that regard. Bear in mind the game's had a slow start anyway, and if you look at the times of his posts he is checking in with reasonable frequency and responding to what people say about him.

exactly naturally want to spend a lot of time defending himself. Except that is the opposite of what gyrl did he put in little to know effort to defend himself it is almost as if he gave up. I dont scum read gyrl very hard. I have repeatedly said the main reason I am not opposed to his lynch is because of banana. I have repeatedly said that orpz is more scummy. The fact this game had a slow start should allow him to defend himself easier since their was not much material to work with.

BananaCucho

This is the type of play expected from POD 👌

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 04:58 PM
I hate saying this but YZ is such a dumbass its increadible always comming out with farfetched reasoning or plays that cost us the game.

=3

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 04:59 PM
What is the difference between scummy and strange? I asked you what you thought was scummy but you are telling me now you don't find it scummy?

I dont find it to be all that AI. I just found it wierd since I have never seen something like that from gyrl. the word I would use is out of place. I definately dont find it sincere. If he had said that first maybe my mind would be different but the fact that he said it after 3 other people said similar stuff seemed like he just wanted to blend/join in.

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I just read Banana's post about that she is going to tunnel me and won't vote anyone else until I'm dead. Isn't that similar to Griefing?

Also, as I see Orpz is misrepping me until it gets to a point that I'm (as you said) paranoied about being voted? I mean, I'm not paranoied but I'm quite fustrated that the reasons are "policy lynching" and Orpz first :sheep: Banana and then made a quick reason about me being overly defensive.

As I see, you're taking a gambit but, sadly, there are way more Town than Scum so it is going to turn bad, guys.

This quote to me is town Gyrlander over scum Gyrlander. Gyrlander lashes out at people moreso than he has done this game, which makes me believe he is town. It's the level of civilization that he is giving me from this post.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 05:00 PM
I'm pretty sure what he is saying is that you aren't doing that this game.

im not doing what this game im confused? I put myself in gyr shoes which is why I find it exceedingly strange that he was not tried defend himself more and has instead dissapeared

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 05:02 PM

And the OMGUS is real.

With this post, what makes you think he was joining in other than the place he posted. (Time stamp shows it spread out, and I think if he wanted to fit in he wouldn't have made this post.)

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 05:04 PM
This quote to me is town Gyrlander over scum Gyrlander. Gyrlander lashes out at people moreso than he has done this game, which makes me believe he is town. It's the level of civilization that he is giving me from this post.

most off his posts have been lashing out tho. I was not scum reading gyrl bery hard in the beggining but you seem to know his meta more than me. You saying that when hes scum and is voted he just afks is exactly what he did now and saying he lashes out is what hes been doing. All hes really done is call people hypocrites sheep and pathetic

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 05:05 PM
With this post, what makes you think he was joining in other than the place he posted. (Time stamp shows it spread out, and I think if he wanted to fit in he wouldn't have made this post.)

doesnt it seem strange to you that he calls people cancerous for all jokingly claiming town then he does the same thing on the next page?

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 05:07 PM
He didn't just whine about it being unfair though. He:

1) Thought Orpz was being stupid, and told him to stop being stupid.
2) Gave actual thoughts into why BC might vote him.

If he just said "omg this is unfair the game's barely started and people are voting me just because I lurked in the past", that would be whining and complaining about things being unfair. It is my perception, but I think it's a pretty damn reasonable perception.

I'm trying to locate the intent of his hypocrisy. It seems to me like he's being opportunistic - making excuses to vote Gyrlander, rather than being hypocritical in the sense of simply forgetting he's just as bad lol.

All reads are partially built on reading a person's personality. And reading a person's personality is often complemented by your past experiences with them. Yes it's an integral part of my read but to say the whole thing is a meta-read is a bit off. He seems to be bullshitting with intent, which is shown through his insincere reasoning.

But that WAS the only part he commented on, which makes it reasonable to assume that's all he cares about.

Put yourself in Eggy's shoes (the irony) if you were being voted, you would probably be suspicious of someone accusing you because you obviously don't agree with them.

I actually meant that whole point, lol. The only argument from you is that Eggy isn't playing the same way and that he is making others look worse.

BananaCucho
October 1st, 2016, 05:09 PM
If Grylander isn't lynched today he will continue to give no effort in any games.

This is why we have the Grylanders, ikas, and PODs of sc2mafia. Nobody does anything about it but then they bitch about it time after time again.

I won't falter in my final hurrah to save the soul of the site

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3oz8xUyx5HHd0d5qda/giphy.gif

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 05:09 PM
most off his posts have been lashing out tho. I was not scum reading gyrl bery hard in the beggining but you seem to know his meta more than me. You saying that when hes scum and is voted he just afks is exactly what he did now and saying he lashes out is what hes been doing. All hes really done is call people hypocrites sheep and pathetic

He was here earlier today and that is why I said go read the earlier posts before. I can't blame him for not being here because knowing his timzone and that it's 2am for him right now I don't actually expect him to me. Orpz on the other hand showed up, refused to rebuttal anything until "later" (when he knows the day is over) and does not have to sleep.

Lashing how? I don't see his aggressive behaviour and his constant arguing.

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 05:10 PM
If Grylander isn't lynched today he will continue to give no effort in any games.

This is why we have the Grylanders, ikas, and PODs of sc2mafia. Nobody does anything about it but then they bitch about it time after time again.

Good thing you are playing to his level.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 05:10 PM
YZ if you want to save gyrl I suggest you vote Orpz. Purebe wants him dead also so then they will be both at L-1 and chances are orpz will be the one lynched since its a more reasonable train

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 05:11 PM
He was here earlier today and that is why I said go read the earlier posts before. I can't blame him for not being here because knowing his timzone and that it's 2am for him right now I don't actually expect him to me. Orpz on the other hand showed up, refused to rebuttal anything until "later" (when he knows the day is over) and does not have to sleep.

Lashing how? I don't see his aggressive behaviour and his constant arguing.

you know him better than me I wll trust your judgement. I definately agree orpz is a better lynch for today.

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 05:11 PM
doesnt it seem strange to you that he calls people cancerous for all jokingly claiming town then he does the same thing on the next page?

There is a difference between the two scenarios. The one he commented on was Orpz and Purebe confirming each other because they both said they were Town. Gyrlander was happy that he "got" a town role and expressed his happiness. I don't see him accusing Orpz for claiming town, it's how it was done.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 05:12 PM

loool you really crack me up first time I see a Policy lynch trying to sway the site wide integrity of SC2 mafia I applaud you master banana

BananaCucho
October 1st, 2016, 05:13 PM
Good thing you are playing to his level.

I have 0 incentive to try until the policy is upheld. I am taking my stand and you my friend are siding on the wrong side of history and will be remembered as such.

Eggy
October 1st, 2016, 05:14 PM
There is a difference between the two scenarios. The one he commented on was Orpz and Purebe confirming each other because they both said they were Town. Gyrlander was happy that he "got" a town role and expressed his happiness. I don't see him accusing Orpz for claiming town, it's how it was done.

fair enough I dont really have enough to say about gyrl until he shows up again to say something which looks like it might now happen. Im happy that atleast there wont b another no lynch like another game I happen tk be playing right now

Eggy
I have 0 incentive to try until the policy is upheld. I am taking my stand and you my friend are siding on the wrong side of history and will be remembered as such.

not every hero wears a cape

Unknown1234

Is POD next? Such a lovely system, isn't it? I'm actually trying and being reasonable, regardless of your personal feelings not whether you scum-read him or not.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 05:15 PM
Awwwh man, Eggy seems so town after I've made that wallpost. FML

Eggy no longer looks like he was bullshitting as an excuse to justify his vote. He has other thoughts on the world and shit.

BananaCucho
October 1st, 2016, 05:15 PM
YZ if you want to save gyrl I suggest you vote Orpz. Purebe wants him dead also so then they will be both at L-1 and chances are orpz will be the one lynched since its a more reasonable train

I will happily let the day go no lynch if given the choice to hammer Orpz

I will then place my vote on Grylander next day and leave it there until he or I is dead.

This is bigger than wheels on the bus. The choices we make here determine the future.

BananaCucho
October 1st, 2016, 05:16 PM
Is POD next? Such a lovely system, isn't it? I'm actually trying and being reasonable, regardless of your personal feelings not whether you scum-read him or not.

I didn't make a promise to PL POD from here on out. But I can see myself adopting a 1 PL per game policy until this shithole becomes a place where mafia is actually fun again

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 05:19 PM

I don't even townread Gyrl that hard man. He's said kind-of towny things, but it's not insane to believe he made them up. He's made a simple persona for himself, so things like the email post aren't impossible to fake, ultimately.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 05:21 PM
I will happily let the day go no lynch if given the choice to hammer Orpz

I will then place my vote on Grylander next day and leave it there until he or I is dead.

This is bigger than wheels on the bus. The choices we make here determine the future.

I respect this. I have respected this since the start of the time. A moral crisis and a mental crisis at the same time is the last thing I need at 1:30AM tho DX

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 05:21 PM
I respect this. I have respected this since the start of the time. A moral crisis and a mental crisis at the same time is the last thing I need at 1:30AM tho DX

of the game*

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 05:32 PM
Fuck it. Fine. Gyrlander it is.

1) I ultimately townread Orpz more than Gyrlander
2) Present reads aside, I think it'd be easier to read Orpz in the future because he's just indicated he will play a more forefront role, and Gyrlander will probably continue the same low-activity play.
3) Regardless of BC's alignment, having her as essentially a gamethrowing slot for the entire game will distract us even if she is only one vote.
4) Principles 'n' shit

Unknown, Eggy, would you hammer Gyrlander if I went to bed without hammering, to let the day last a few more hours?

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 05:32 PM
I will never hammer Gyrlander.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 05:33 PM
I will never hammer Gyrlander.

<3

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 05:38 PM
I WANT TO SLEEP. And Eggy seems to have fucked off.

A lack of cooperation from currently present players will cut day short.

Not that it looks like any more productive discussion will happen anyway.

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 05:38 PM
I WANT TO SLEEP. And Eggy seems to have fucked off.

A lack of cooperation from currently present players will cut day short.

Not that it looks like any more productive discussion will happen anyway.

Im not allowing you to hammer Gyrlander for stupid reasons. No.

yzb25
October 1st, 2016, 05:41 PM
Im not allowing you to hammer Gyrlander for stupid reasons. No.

Watchugunnadoaboutit?

Gyrlaner

Unknown1234
October 1st, 2016, 05:43 PM
Watchugunnadoaboutit?

Gyrlaner

This. Fight. Is. On.

-vote Gyrlander

purebe
October 1st, 2016, 05:44 PM
I'd rather lynch banana over gyrlander. She's flat out said she thinks random lynching on policy is better than playing the game, she doesn't give a fuck if the town loses or wins. Well, it's a genius play if she's scum, and if shes town, it's a huge game throw.

BananaCucho

From my point of view the only one ruining the game right now is you.

BananaCucho
October 1st, 2016, 05:46 PM
I'd rather lynch banana over gyrlander. She's flat out said she thinks random lynching on policy is better than playing the game, she doesn't give a fuck if the town loses or wins. Well, it's a genius play if she's scum, and if shes town, it's a huge game throw.

BananaCucho

From my point of view the only one ruining the game right now is you.

If you think I'm gamethrowing then report me bitch

Its still better play than Foxtrot.

purebe
October 1st, 2016, 05:47 PM
If you flip town I just might.

yzb25
If you think I'm gamethrowing then report me bitch

Its still better play than Foxtrot.

Sorry this had to be your first experience Purebe. Hopefully the rest of the game will make up for it.

yzb25
This. Fight. Is. On.

-vote Gyrlander

Nahh you did it wrong you write it like this:

Gyrlander

See?

Looks like yzb is forever doomed to hammer his townreads.

Shoutout to BC for achieving epic vigilante mission on hard difficulty. She didn't even watch a walkthrough on youtube to do it.

The Godfather
Gyrlander has been lynched! Stand by for the host's review and day-end post!

Orpz ('http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8576') (2 [L-3]): Unknown1234 ('http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=642086'), Eggy ('http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=642157')
Gyrlander ('http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/11750') (5 [L-0]): Orpz ('http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=641817'), yzb25 ('http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=642209'), Stereo ('http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=642013'), BananaCucho ('http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=641811'), powerofdeath ('http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=642117')
BananaCucho ('http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/10111') (1 [L-4]): purebe ('http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=642205')

MattZed
October 2nd, 2016, 02:15 AM
IT IS NOW NIGHT 1

Gyrlander has been lynched! His role is Citizen.

Living Players:
Unknown1234
Stereo
powerofdeath
BananaCucho
Eggy
Purebe
yzb25
Orpz

Dead Players:
Gyrlander - Citizen

Night 1 ends in 24 hours
01:00:00:00

MattZed
October 3rd, 2016, 02:15 AM
IT IS NOW DAY 2

Stereo has been killed by the mafia! His role is Citizen.

Living Players:
Unknown1234
powerofdeath
BananaCucho
Eggy
Purebe
yzb25
Orpz

Dead Players:
Gyrlander - Citizen
Stereo - Citizen

Day 2 ends in 24 hours
02:00:00:00

Unknown1234
October 3rd, 2016, 04:26 AM
Rough start time to the day.

Let's try this:

powerofdeath

BananaCucho
October 3rd, 2016, 06:56 AM
Rough start time to the day.

Let's try this:

powerofdeath

Why would you even do this? Why let Orpz off the hook just like that?

So from my observations day 1, the only thing bothering me about Orpz was his blatant buddying of me. What bothered me more however was that Unknown was willing to let the day go no lynch rather than resolve the 1v1 that I had proposed against Grylander. Only scum benefits from a no lynch followed up by me continuing to badger Grylander. If he was so unwilling to vote Grylander because he town read him so much, then he should have voted me instead.

His town read of Grylander was a bullshit meta read anyway, probably a classic case of white knighting an inevitable lynch.

I have a town read on purebe for this same reasoning. I presented a 1v1 choice that was being followed through with and instead of taking a protest vote "we are going to no lynch" stance like Unknown did, he pushed for my lynch instead and tried to convince others of it. This is town motivated as he recognized the conundrum and responded in a way that would benefit town.

Powerofdeath is literally a null case. Voting Powerofdeath to try to get him to contribute won't work (never has) and Unknown was questioning me along these lines:

So why Unknown would start by voting a null case that won't respond to policy votes (never has) is beyond me.

Unknown1234

Unknown1234
October 3rd, 2016, 11:17 AM
Changing vote to Banana. I'll explain more when I'm out of class.

She is constantly doing nothing, she said she would lynch me even before Gyrlander died and has been setting me up, and now She has turned me defending Gyrlander into a negative thing where she never even used the words that she scum-read Gyrlander.

Then she is willing to let POD slip by with that shit vote because "he always does it". Last time I played with him was when he was a mafia role in Mafia wars 2 and he acted fairly similar to how he has done this game with only like 3 posts.

That being said, Banana would never go as low as to force a lynch on someone and not do anything else because of PL. I'm fairly certain she is trying to use her image of "crazy gambits" to defend her shit play. Ive decided to myself that I don't believe her as town because of her obvious push on me being oppourtunistic and I am not going to sit here thinking that town could fuck up this badly.

I don't really care if this seems OMGUS. I thought she lashed out at me earlier because I was disagreeing with her but she is using this power and going too far. Way too far to be considered a town move, and so I think she is trying to easily manipulate the town into voting with her and leading the game.

BananaCucho

BananaCucho
October 3rd, 2016, 11:38 AM
Mark down OMGUS on scum bingo for Unknown, heheh

Unknown1234
October 3rd, 2016, 12:04 PM
Mark down OMGUS on scum bingo for Unknown, heheh

Sorry not sorry. I'm not letting your scummy ass live any longer because you think you can lead town into multiple miss lynches with shit reasoning.

Unknown1234
October 3rd, 2016, 12:13 PM
I'm actually done listening to the crap you've provided.

You say that I am trying to get a no-lynch when the Orpz lynch was just as possible. I don't fucking care about the 1v1 that you proposed, who I read scum had nothing to do with a 1v1 that I thought was TvT. This is a shit argument.

You also only focus on few people. You only give Purebe a town-read because he is voting you. I don't believe that you are town, and I think it is just an attempt to gain a townie on our side.

That being said, saying the only thin that bothered you about Orpz is that he buddies you is complete bullshit. Everyone knows he buddies you that is pointing out the obvious. Aside from this you have said nothing to nobody else and were already lining up my lynch yesterday.

Also, arguably at the end of the day Purebe also vouched for a no-lynch because he was voting you when it was made obvious that nobody was going to vote you that day. This is how bad your lies are. You don't even comment on Eggy who did almost the same thing, which proves to me that you are trying to lead town blindly and being friendly/ignoring anyone who is not your target at that moment.

BananaCucho
October 3rd, 2016, 12:18 PM
Triggered.

Unknown1234
October 3rd, 2016, 12:22 PM
Triggered.

Triggered.

BananaCucho
October 3rd, 2016, 12:36 PM
Let me ask you a question Unknown

If you thought me vs Grylander was TvT at day end that means you were town reading me correct? So why now are you listing my day 1 activities as scummy? Or that 1 post was sunny enough for you to shoot me to the top of your scum list?

That's wildly inconsistent.

Orpz
October 3rd, 2016, 12:41 PM
I'm calling for a policy lynch on Powerofdeath for having less posts than the host.

Orpz
October 3rd, 2016, 12:44 PM
I'm calling for a policy lynch on Powerofdeath for having less posts than the host.

Don't let this derail the arguments though, I think something good can come out of that as well.