PDA

View Full Version : Ways for Sin to Snatch Victory from the Jaws of Defeat

Nick
December 6th, 2011, 02:00 AM
1) Auckmid did not jail Ambient

2) Ambient found Beelzebub, Envy or Asmodeus

3) Ambient found the other 2 Demons which might also be useful?

4) Auckmid decides to spare Ambient

5) vornskr is a sealed Demon (meaning there are 2 more Demons abound)

Discuss. Before the night ends.

Ubernox
December 6th, 2011, 05:25 AM
If Auckmid doesn't kill Lucifer tonight, he is a dead man, because Lucy definitely wants to force Rome to his side. That would be the most idiotic thing to do; All this time he has been siding with Eternity, only to (attempt) to completely completely turn the tables. Thing is though, Sin have already lost, so Auckmid can't really do much to help them if he does choose to side with Ambient. The town would just lynch him tomorrow. If he doesn't kill Lucy, he deserve LVP.

Nick
December 6th, 2011, 05:48 AM
With Auckmid helping, Sin has yet to lose. But I don't think he deserves LVP just for not killing Ambient. It's still within his victory conditions.

If Auckmid didn't jail Ambient, I think he'll survive another day. If he jails Ambient, it might go either way.

2 more Demons unknown. 1 Shepard left. I won't rule out Sin just yet. As Yayap and DR says, things may still happen. For now, Sin just need to drag on until Day7. And rake in more kills. Remember, we have a lot of non-active players.

Ubernox
December 6th, 2011, 07:16 AM
There's little chance that the game will last that much longer, methinks.

Brennenburg
December 6th, 2011, 09:22 AM
There are none.

Nick
December 6th, 2011, 09:32 AM
There are none.

Haha. I think it's a consensus then. Maybe I should rephrase it as...

How long do you think Sin can delay the inevitable?

For discussion's sake, I'll say Day9! And that's being optimistic... very optimistic... maybe delusional...

EDIT: Now this post make me sound even more stupid :push:

Yayap
December 6th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I will laugh my ass off if Rome sends legionnaires to protect Ambient and Vornskr. Killing off the last assassin.

Deathfire123
December 6th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I will laugh my ass off if Rome sends legionnaires to protect Ambient and Vornskr. Killing off the last assassin.

If I remember correctly, the only legionnaire they have is AFK unless they recruited more

TheWaaagh
December 6th, 2011, 12:06 PM
If I remember correctly, the only legionnaire they have is AFK unless they recruited more

That's true, but DR is letting Auckmid control the afk legionnaire instead of modkilling him, so he can still be sent to protect people.

Brennenburg
December 6th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Leviathan is controlling the last BG, but this game will end on day 7. The detective will see the next demon recruit and the coroner will find Leviathan from Lucifer's corpse after he is lynched tomorrow.
S'pretty much inevitable.

Dust
December 6th, 2011, 05:55 PM

You forgot

6) Everyone but Sin suicides just to mess with you and me and DR kills Sin for the hell of it and everyone wins. Romans saw Jesus lynched. Eternity and Humanity see Sin gone. Sin sees Eternity gone. Everyone is happyz!

Dust
December 6th, 2011, 06:30 PM

Also 8) the current situation

Nick
December 6th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Currently 4 Demons, 3 Sealed siding with Sin and Romans with Sin. KPN = 3.

fred might use his lynch today, so another day wasted?

Sigh... the betrayer might yet get betrayed.

wolfcheese
December 6th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Fred's lynch is for Jesus, how could he use it when Jesus is already lynched?

Nick
December 6th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Missed the word Jesus...

Nick
December 6th, 2011, 07:07 PM

If the legionnaire is being controlled, they someone is very good at deducing hamslyx's role. If Roman sent the legionnaire, it is borderline game throwing. It is not what legionnaire is supposed to do?

Sumikoko
December 6th, 2011, 07:07 PM
So according to Auckmid.
It's unclear who he's siding with, since his Legionnaire was witched into protecting the demon. Very unexpected, but brilliant play by the Witch.
He said he benefited a lot from a chat with Eternity, which could mean he:
1. Now developed a strategy with Eternity to wipe out Sin. Or,
2. He learned a lot about who might be in Eternity and can use that to wipe out Eternity by siding with Sin.

Nick
December 6th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Hey Yayap, did you guys found out hamslyx's role?

Eternity can still win. But shocks like this are things that make Humanity turn to Sin...

I will say that:

The guy who found out hamslyx's role = MVP!

Deathfire123
December 6th, 2011, 07:15 PM
that was me.... guessed it before I died

Deathfire123
December 6th, 2011, 07:18 PM
well, Auckmid now decides it since Humanity has no more killers and most people arent there for a lynch

Nick
December 6th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I feel stupid for taking the bullet for FalseTruth... if he turns out to be a Demon.

Deathfire123
December 6th, 2011, 07:28 PM
wait did lunavium just admit to being a whore?

Nick
December 6th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Ambient

skip

Ash

Auckmid
not voting

BorkBot

Capitalier

Clawtrocity

CmG

Dimwit
lynch

divemaster127

FalseTruth
skip

Fragos

fred
not voting

Ganondorf

Illidan

J
AFK

jaczac
AFK

Kromos

Lunavium
lynch

MileS

MrSmarter

nanosystem

NorthStar

oops_ur_dead

Perotto
not voting

philie

Raiden
lynch

RandomNumbers0
AFK

Rumpel1408

steeznuts
AFK

suicidaln00b

vornksr
skip

Zack
skip

I can only conclude that it is difficult for lynch to go through.
7 Sin + 4 Roman + 4 AFK = 15 votes
Not including dishonorable bastards.
32 people left. Need 17 votes.

Sumikoko
December 6th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure what I would be more angry at.
Screwing up of last night.
Or Ambient killing Tiberius as his 24th.
Though at this point, I'm just headdesking.

Nick
December 6th, 2011, 07:55 PM
If Ambient decide to go on a killing spree and spares none. Within is victory conditions. Can't blame him.

New title for this thread

Ways for Eternity to Snatch Victory from the Belly of Defeat

Ambient
December 8th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I was serious about letting Rome survive. However, they have chosen their path. Sorry Waaagh and Sumi. Rome at the very least will be coming down with me.

Nick
December 8th, 2011, 10:14 AM
They should have seen that coming. And I doubt Eternity will bother healing him. Being used like a pawn. Sad.

New title for this thread

Ways for Roman to Avoid Going Down with Sin

Zane
December 8th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Am I winning or not?

wolfcheese
December 8th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Zane, you are always winning.

Ubernox
December 9th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Rome can win if Eternity doesn't pull off a dick move and heal someone other than Auckmid (Tiberius). The Romans have helped them out so far, it would be painful to see their dedication betrayed.

Yayap
December 9th, 2011, 05:42 AM
As soon as Beelzebub is unleashed, Tiberius is dead and there is nothing anyone can do about it. So don't bother counting on Eternity.

Nick
December 9th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Consider that 30 people are left after tonight, with Tiberius killed. Thus, 16 votes are needed for a lynch.

Ash
Eternity

Auckmid
dead

BorkBot
Eternity

Capitalier
Eternity

Clawtrocity
Eternity

CmG
Eternity

Dimwit
Eternity

divemaster127
Sin

FalseTruth
Sin

Fragos
Eternity

fred
X

Ganondorf
Eternity

Illidan
Eternity

J
Sin

jaczac
AFK

Kromos
Eternity

Lunavium
Eternity

MileS
Sin

MrSmarter
Sin

nanosystem
Eternity

NorthStar
Eternity

oops_ur_dead
Sin

Perotto
X

philie
Sin

Raiden
Eternity

RandomNumbers0
AFK

Rumpel1408
Eternity

steeznuts
AFK

suicidaln00b
Sin

vornksr
Sin

Zack
Sin

Only 15 for Eternity. If there are 2 Legionnaires. That means 13 for Eternity.

Ubernox
December 9th, 2011, 01:04 PM
There's no denying that, no matter how this ends, it's going to be a bloody, gruelling and close-fought battle.

Ambient
December 9th, 2011, 02:19 PM
There's no denying that, no matter how this ends, it's going to be a bloody, gruelling and close-fought battle.

Wrong. After Rome falls. Sin will still be stuck with 1 kpn for the rest of the game. The game is over.

If all of sin unsealed night 7. Then they MIGHT have a chance.. but as is. You really don't understand game mechanics still.

Ubernox
December 9th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I think I do, Ambient. It'll definitely be messier than if you had died by Tiberius' hands that night.

vornksr
December 9th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Hello gents. Looks like Tiberius decided to execute me after all.

Dust
December 9th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Hello gents. Looks like Tiberius decided to execute me after all.
Good for him. The first good execution this game.

vornksr
December 9th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I disagree. Sin would have sided with him had he sided with us.

Now, if they have any sense, they will devote the rest of the game to punishing him.

Dust
December 9th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I disagree. Sin would have sided with him had he sided with us.

Now, if they have any sense, they will devote the rest of the game to punishing him.
Be aware, this is from my perspective. I want to win this game.

vornksr
December 9th, 2011, 05:57 PM
As do I. :)

Ambient
December 9th, 2011, 06:01 PM
As do I. :)

Impossible from the start. I have done the math.

Actually its about 50/50 if Rome starts sin-sided from start.

Without Rome... about 4% chance.

vornksr
December 9th, 2011, 06:07 PM
No, I'm totally aware that we have no chance now that Rome is firmly against us. Which is why I hope that our living compatriots dedicate the rest of their game to punishing Rome for its bad decisions.

TheWaaagh
December 9th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Lol well Fred and Elixir are on your team now. So I don't really know how they're going to get punished.

vornksr
December 9th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Oh, Auckmid is dead.

Then Fred and Elixir are punished enough, because they're gonna lose. Which they should have realized was going to happen.

TheWaaagh
December 9th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Oh, Auckmid is dead.

Then Fred and Elixir are punished enough, because they're gonna lose. Which they should have realized was going to happen.

Did you look at his scorecard? It's pretty funny. I'm also curious what "dying before your time" means, were you not unsealed yet?

vornksr
December 9th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I was still sealed, yes. Did I do a good job convincing people otherwise?

Dust
December 9th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I think he was sealed. Another point that shows that Auckmid is stupid at these decisions.

TheWaaagh
December 9th, 2011, 06:17 PM
I was still sealed, yes. Did I do a good job convincing people otherwise?

Definitely, lol. Well, now that me and Sumi have officially lost, I guess it's time to pray for a fast forward button to appear.

Yayap
December 9th, 2011, 06:21 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-u22KD8eh56Q/TigavvDZByI/AAAAAAAAAKY/_WgwvIQ2A6U/s1600/723698528mooshoo.jpg

Didn't ask for a working fast forward button.

Dust
December 9th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Use Firefox, man

http://www.softpedia.com/screenshots/thumbs/Rewind-Fastforward-Buttons--thumb.png

Brennenburg
December 9th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Welcome to the dead Vorn, it's a shame Leviathan was wrong about the new bodyguard.

vornksr
December 9th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Indeed, though of course it's not like it would have changed much. Die tonight or get lynched tomorrow... at this point it only helps Sin by slowing Eternity down by half a day.

Forum Mafia GM
December 9th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Leviathan was actually correct. Fred recruited Capitalier the very day that Leviathan ordered Capitalier to target vornksr. I realized I didn't have precedent for this order, so I publicly random.org'd it.

The result is that Capitalier's recruit comes after other actions. Thus, he was just a Commoner visiting vornksr. So vornksr died. Auckmid also died. Thus, Fred's recruitment of Capitalier could not go through because Auckmid was dead. It's a total-loss-failure double-whammy situation for Sin. Sorry that the fate of the game was decided on a random.org roll, guys.

Ubernox
December 9th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Why should Elixir and Fred be punished? They played their role very well, chose a side and stuck to it. I'm sad to see them fall to the clutches of sin. A strong team, but with a weak leader.

I never would have guessed that you weren't unsealed Vorn. Bravo! :D

Lastly:

Be aware, this is from my perspective. I want to win this game.

I think Dust was trying to impersonate you, Vorn. We raises a good point: Of course you and Ambient would, naturally, be seeing things from the side of sin, and so your opinions, statements and views must be viewed with this taken into consideration.

Brennenburg
December 9th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Leviathan was actually correct. Fred recruited Capitalier the very day that Leviathan ordered Capitalier to target vornksr. I realized I didn't have precedent for this order, so I publicly random.org'd it.

The result is that Capitalier's recruit comes after other actions. Thus, he was just a Commoner visiting vornksr. So vornksr died. Auckmid also died. Thus, Fred's recruitment of Capitalier could not go through because Auckmid was dead. It's a total-loss-failure double-whammy situation for Sin. Sorry that the fate of the game was decided on a random.org roll, guys.
So is Gluttony still alive then? I was under the impression that he died as well.

Why should Elixir and Fred be punished? They played their role very well, chose a side and stuck to it.
That is exactly why they should be punished. They chose not to adapt to the situation at hand and instead placed their morals or their desire for the game to end sooner over their wish to win.

vornksr
December 9th, 2011, 06:36 PM
chose a side and stuck to it.

I only think this counts if they chose the right side. Of course I'm biased, but they should have known they were highly likely to lose for siding with Eternity. If they sided with us of their own free will, we'd have no reason to target them, and they'd win even if they accidentally died. But if Rome went against Sin, Sin would have every reason to target Auckmid, dragging them onto our losing side. They should've seen it coming.

Dust
December 9th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I can't wait for Auckmid to actually read the dead chat and see all the hate that's directed at him.

Brennenburg
December 9th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I can't believe Eternity didn't even heal him. That's just low as shit, it's one thing for him to be pierced by Gluttony but it's an entirely different matter for him to not be protected at all. Literally just used him until the end, fuckin' brilliant.

Deathfire123
December 9th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I can't believe Eternity didn't even heal him. That's just low as shit, it's one thing for him to be pierced by Gluttony but it's an entirely different matter for him to not be protected at all. Literally just used him until the end, fuckin' brilliant.

Um, he could have been healed, Gluttony just pierces healing, not kills the person who healed as well, or maybe im misreading what your trying to say...sorry

TheWaaagh
December 9th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Um, he could have been healed, Gluttony just pierces healing, not kills the person who healed as well, or maybe im misreading what your trying to say...sorry

According to Dimwit, Eternity didn't heal Tiberius regardless.

Deathfire123
December 9th, 2011, 07:50 PM
According to Dimwit, Eternity didn't heal Tiberius regardless.

I haven't read the main thread yet....sorry

TheWaaagh
December 9th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I haven't read the main thread yet....sorry

Nah I was just letting you know because I was curious about it too.

Nick
December 9th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I won't be surprised if I see Eternity players being dishonorable bastards.

wolfcheese
December 9th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Speaking of which I have a newbie question, what does honorable/dishonorable mean exactly in FM?

Dust
December 9th, 2011, 10:36 PM
It's something that DR is saying about people. I don't actually know. Perhaps it means that you went with your win conditions?

DR what are the definitions of honorable/dishonorable?

Dust
December 10th, 2011, 12:28 PM
How to vote from the differing perspectives

From Sin's perspective:
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/12/10/9f2f012e-2170-4c6b-ae77-f25f0003b81d.jpg

From Eternity's perspective:
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/12/10/b6f23f30-b8c9-469f-ac4a-f699f6baf302.jpg

Nick
December 10th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Nice pie chart Dust!

So which is the truth? Nobody knows...

Surprising that accusations are thrown, but there are no rebuttals.

Let us have a proper discussion here in the dead chat.
1) To make sure this game don't go to waste
2) To shame the living

Ubernox
December 10th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Looks like Capitalier's prophecy has finally been fulfilled:

"The entire town turned into a bunch of faggots and started telepathically projecting images of madness."

TheWaaagh
December 10th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I'm confused Ambient, I guess I've been taking it for granted that Claw was just a commoner the whole time, but I'm operating under the assumption that you only recruited Phillie and Zack. So did you try to blind recruit Claw that one night? Or is he actually an unsealed demon?

I guess this falls under Yayap's rule of "let people figure stuff out for themselves" but I'm more interested in figuring out why you'd risk a blind recruit if that's what you did. I'm not judging it, I'm just curious from your perspective.

Deathfire123
December 10th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I'm confused Ambient, I guess I've been taking it for granted that Claw was just a commoner the whole time, but I'm operating under the assumption that you only recruited Phillie and Zack. So did you try to blind recruit Claw that one night? Or is he actually an unsealed demon?

I guess this falls under Yayap's rule of "let people figure stuff out for themselves" but I'm more interested in figuring out why you'd risk a blind recruit if that's what you did. I'm not judging it, I'm just curious from your perspective.

He did it because a Detective was watching him that night, so he wanted to frame Claw

Ambient
December 10th, 2011, 04:20 PM
^

I know who was following me. I should of picked someone they hadn't checked though.

TheWaaagh
December 10th, 2011, 04:22 PM
He did it because a Detective was watching him that night, so he wanted to frame Claw

Oh aight, now I dig it, thanks.

Dust
December 11th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Lol @ fred's post.

Ambient
December 11th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Lol @ fred's post.
Which is why Fred was not killed.

Capitalier
December 12th, 2011, 03:37 AM

wait what horry shit