PDA

View Full Version : Role Idea: Executioner (Town)

oops_ur_dead
May 28th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Every night, the Executioner chooses a target. If they choose a target, the next day, the discussion/voting is skipped and that player is lynched immediately. The town does not lynch anyone else that day.

The target is powerful, but can both help and cripple the town. The executioner can set straight a misguided town, or they can hurt the town when they lynch the wrong people. There should probably be a warning in the role box to use the night ability ONLY when you are certain of the target's guiltiness.

North Star
May 28th, 2011, 06:44 AM
I like the role, but, of course he should be greatly limited in his power. Not only should he not be able to use his ability on the first two nights, maybe he should only be able to use his ability either once or twice. But, what makes him so much different than the vigilante, who can also kill whenever he wants to?

oops_ur_dead
May 28th, 2011, 07:03 AM
I like the role, but, of course he should be greatly limited in his power. Not only should he not be able to use his ability on the first two nights, maybe he should only be able to use his ability either once or twice. But, what makes him so much different than the vigilante, who can also kill whenever he wants to?

Because the vig kill is separate from the lynch. The Executioner is unique in that he can stop random lynchings that would hinder the town, but he can also recklessly lynch wrong people. It's a more strategic role than vig, but could be more powerful if used right.

DeadDiver
May 28th, 2011, 07:07 AM
I do not like this role for many reasons. One would be people like to have people on stand sometimes just to see what they will say, not bcuz they thought person was guilty.
Two, if he is allied with town, he severely hurts town more that could ever help, unless its end game, and majority was mafia.
Three, people will give the host a BS time when they see someone one first day get lynched with no trial.

Maybe this could work if this role was a neutral.... IDK

oops_ur_dead
May 28th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Two, if he is allied with town, he severely hurts town more that could ever help, unless its end game, and majority was mafia.

I don't see how. A smart Executioner would be able to lead a misguided town to victory. Sometimes people random lynch or decide to lynch the wrong person. The Executioner can stop that. The Executioner is MEANT to be a risky and potentially harmful role.

DeadDiver
May 28th, 2011, 01:21 PM
maybe the intentions are meant for good. However, unfortunate for me, but rarely it seems when I am available for play, can we get a private match, always have to open it. With that said, pubbies have never made important roles, like that worth wile, always hurtful. I know that the majority sit in the same seat im in, usually have to play a pube match.

Tony Montana
May 28th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Much too OP. There will always be some idiot who will random kill. There's no need for it.