PDA

View Full Version : New role: Fortune Teller

Infinitie
May 28th, 2011, 01:40 AM
Just a role I thought of while I was bored :). Not sure if this was thought of yet.

New role: Fortune Teller

Alignment: Neutral

Win condition: Survive and see mafia dead, or Survive with anyone winning. Not sure.

Power: -Able to give someone a fortune of impending doom or of luck.
Fortune of impending doom kills the target after 2-3 nights and
the fortune of luck heals the target after 2-3 nights.

Death descriptions can be funny such as "_____ was found dead last night, he was struck by lightning." And for healing it can be "_____ was attacked last night, but was found by a stranger and sent to the hospital."

Enjoy :D

FalseTruth
May 28th, 2011, 02:12 AM
I have already proposed a similar role, you might want to look at it: http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,442.0.html

As for your role, many of the same criticisms apply, but your role seems too luck based.

As a neutral role, hes probably gonna die as soon as town find out who he is.
He has no real goal in mind(neutral alignment/victory conditions), and therefore would probably go for the kill ability every night and choose random people early on.

Let's compare it to the arson, you douse for 3 days and kill 3 people on the fourth.
This one, you "doom" 3 people consecutively on day 1,2,3 and they die one by one on 4,5,6.
The fourth day kill is gonna be random cause you chose him day 1.
5th is a little less random, but probably useless as well.
6th day would probably be useless if you are neutral because more likely than not, you'll be dead by now.

Honestly, I don't see your role working in the metagame.