PDA

View Full Version : S-FM POLITICO (12P)

Cryptonic
May 16th, 2016, 09:26 AM
S-FM POLITICO
This will be a game based solely on discussion, reads, reading reads, reading votes, and reading night actions. There are no investigative roles. There is no feedback, as all information will be present in opening post each day.

Congressman
Congressman
Congressman
Governor
Judge
Mayor
States Attorney
Voter
Voter
Voter
Voter
Voter

Rolecards:

Congressman
Action: None.
Shares anonymous day & night chat with other Congressmen.

Governor
Action: Target one person at night, pardoning them from lynch the following day.
Cannot self target.
Cannot pardon same person 2 nights in a row.

Judge
Action: Target one person at night, making their vote count for 0 the following day.
Can self target.

Mayor
Revealed at the start of the game as Mayor.
Vote counts for 2.

States Attorney
Action: Target one person at night, placing an anonymous vote on them the following day.
This vote cannot be changed in the day.
Still can vote for other players, or same player, with regular vote.
Can self target.

Voter
None.

Special Mechanics:
2-3 Players will be "Corrupt".
Corrupt players will share a night chat and have a factional night kill.
A Corrupt Player must forgo their night action in order to carry out the factional kill.

Game Mechanics:
Days are 48 hours long.
Nights are 24 hours long.
Night actions must be received 1 hour before night ends.
Votes will be done with the Vote Count tags.
Lynch locks day @ >50% majority.

Rules:
No out of game communication.
No editing posts.
No lurking.
No personal attacks.

Win Conditions:
Town: Eliminate the Corrupt members of Town.
Corrupt: Eliminate the Town, or have nothing able to prevent this from happening.

Firebringer
May 16th, 2016, 09:28 AM
This goes to show you anyone can be corrupt.

Kovath
May 16th, 2016, 09:37 AM
So this game is simulating the actual Congress?

On a more serious note, is the 2-3 because you don't want to reveal the exact number or will it be randomned or something?

Gyrlander
May 16th, 2016, 09:44 AM

On a more serious note, is the 2-3 because you don't want to reveal the exact number or will it be randomned or something?

No, if that was the case the game should have 10 corrupt players.

Anyway, I think I just fell in love with this setup. I love roles that interact with day-time and votes.

ika
May 16th, 2016, 09:44 AM
i would say everyone does a mass claim day 1 and then scum hunt the game

ika
May 16th, 2016, 09:45 AM
will mayor keep his vote in a mylo/lylo situations, seems unfair if mayor is scum aligned

Cryptonic
May 16th, 2016, 09:58 AM

All of the above lol
It's not specified as I want unknown factor to be part of the game. I may choose to random or handpick.

will mayor keep his vote in a mylo/lylo situations, seems unfair if mayor is scum aligned

Yes, they would keep votes in MYLO/LYLO. If a scum Mayor survives until MYLO/LYLO, then good for that Player!

ika
May 17th, 2016, 06:52 AM
can congressmen claim who they are in the chat?

Cryptonic
May 17th, 2016, 07:05 AM
can congressmen claim who they are in the chat?

of course

Sino
May 17th, 2016, 09:03 AM
You should have called this one House of cards

Cryptonic
May 17th, 2016, 09:38 AM
You should have called this one House of cards

Still can lol
idc about name, I can go either way in this case lol

Bunny
May 17th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Still can lol
idc about name, I can go either way in this case lol

i like politico better

Kovath
May 17th, 2016, 10:11 AM
If you call it House of Cards you'd need to assign the character names to each role :P

Cryptonic
May 17th, 2016, 10:15 AM
i like politico better

I do, too :3

If you call it House of Cards you'd need to assign the character names to each role :P

Yea, that'd be main reason I wouldn't want to lol

deathworlds
May 17th, 2016, 08:38 PM
Will it be clearly stated who the targets of the Governor, States Attorney, and the Judge are?

Cryptonic
May 18th, 2016, 04:48 AM
Will it be clearly stated who the targets of the Governor, States Attorney, and the Judge are?

Yes. The Governor target will be announced at the start of the day, the Judge target will have Mayor tags in OP with 0 votes, and the States Attorney target will have an anonymous account voting for him at the start of the day.

MattZed
May 19th, 2016, 12:07 PM
What's stopping town from policy lynching Mayor D1 so that they don't have to risk him later?

Cryptonic
May 19th, 2016, 01:11 PM
What's stopping town from policy lynching Mayor D1 so that they don't have to risk him later?

Not a thing lol
Just might be good to see interaction of other roles with the Mayor.

Kovath
May 19th, 2016, 01:21 PM
The Mayor is hardly the only thing that's risky, right? In the end it all just comes down to finding and lynching scum.

Like consider some of these MyLo and LyLo shenanigans:

3v2, Judge is corrupted and targets the Town Mayor. Town can't lynch.
3v2, Town has Mayor but the States Attorney is corrupted, puts a vote on a townie and the two scum log on and insta-lynch em.
3v2, Town Judge targets a scum, but he's States Attorney and his teammates is Mayor so they can lynch a townie.
4v2, the Mayor and States Attorney are corrupted and they instantly stack 4 votes on a townie.

The chaos, lol.

Cryptonic
May 19th, 2016, 01:28 PM
The Mayor is hardly the only thing that's risky, right? In the end it all just comes down to finding and lynching scum.

Like consider some of these MyLo and LyLo shenanigans:

3v2, Judge is corrupted and targets the Town Mayor. Town can't lynch.
3v2, Town has Mayor but the States Attorney is corrupted, puts a vote on a townie and the two scum log on and insta-lynch em.
3v2, Town Judge targets a scum, but he's States Attorney and his teammates is Mayor so they can lynch a townie.
4v2, the Mayor and States Attorney are corrupted and they instantly stack 4 votes on a townie.

The chaos, lol.

And if Town is fearful that the Mayor might be scum, maybe a Town Judge will target him to negate the threat lol.

ika
May 21st, 2016, 01:33 PM
is it public announced who cant be lynched at start of each day by govoner?

Cryptonic
May 21st, 2016, 01:45 PM
is it public announced who cant be lynched at start of each day by govoner?

Yes

Cryptonic
June 6th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Gotta figure out the multi-mayor system.
In talks with Oops to see if this can be fixed or not.

Cryptonic
June 7th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Oops said this should be possible, so things still look good for the setup

MattZed
July 17th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Cryptonic, now that things are looking possible, wanna host this soon?

How do you intend to implement the anonymous vote for the States Attorney?

It is theoretically possible that the final two alive will be the Mayor and States Attorney, of opposite factions. If the States Attorney uses their extra vote on the Mayor, the game will be decided by whoever can vote first. Is this behavior intended?

If I were playing this game, I would likely propose a policy D1 lynch on the mayor, simply because of the havoc they could cause if allowed to live to MYLO/LYLO as scum. I am worried that this is actually so much the logical town move that it defeats the role.

Cryptonic
July 17th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Cryptonic, now that things are looking possible, wanna host this soon?

How do you intend to implement the anonymous vote for the States Attorney?

It is theoretically possible that the final two alive will be the Mayor and States Attorney, of opposite factions. If the States Attorney uses their extra vote on the Mayor, the game will be decided by whoever can vote first. Is this behavior intended?

If I were playing this game, I would likely propose a policy D1 lynch on the mayor, simply because of the havoc they could cause if allowed to live to MYLO/LYLO as scum. I am worried that this is actually so much the logical town move that it defeats the role.

Sure thing.

The States Attorney vote will be done by a smurf account that I will use to post the vote immediately after the start of day.

Yes, that will be intended as the Mayor can still vote the States Attorney, which counters the "nothing be able to prevent this from happening" part of the Corrupt wincon.

You're right, scum definitely would try to push a policy lynch on the Town Mayor d1 :P That being said, the Mayor being around vote a day or two when one of the other ways to read people is role interaction + votes seems to be counter-productive for Town.

MattZed
July 17th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Cryptonic, Approved for signups!