View Full Version : {Ban List} CaptHades: 1-S2-1-1691396

Gyrlander
May 14th, 2016, 03:37 AM
Account Name: CaptHades
Account ID: 1-S2-1-1691396
In-Game Name: Isabella Thundercunt

Crimes Committed: Leave-Train / Role-Quitting

Your Account Name: Isabella
Summary: 10 names himself as Isabella Thundercunt, rolls Arsonist, writes a lw that basically refers to me and then says "choooooo" "fuck isabella on the south side" and then proceeds to leave.

PowersThatBe
May 18th, 2016, 12:26 AM
SC ID VERIFICATION
1. CaptHades Correct. 1-S2-1-1691396

Respective Hotkeys
1. Control 3

Was the Game Result altered?
1. Uncertain. Lack of neutral killing might have shifted balanced.

Previous Offenses
1. Lag Cheating (Watch-List x4): http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/35208-Androo-1-S2-1-2969382-Dre-1-S2-1-979787-Oraji-1-S2-1-2626584-CaptHades-1-S2-1-1691396?highlight=1-S2-1-1691396
2. Leave Train (On-Hold): http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/34361-Noman-1-S2-1-5562513-CaptHades-1-S2-1-1691396

Player Offenses
1. Leave Train/Griefing

Summary
1.Makes his name Isabella Thundercunt, rolls Arson. Says “choo” and “fuck isabella” then makes a lw insulting Isabella, then he quits the game in the middle of N1. No one follows him luckily, so a leave train was not started. Game continues on as normal following this.

Conclusion: This player acted with malice, and targeted another player for seemingly no reason. Being as Griefing and Leave Train 3rd offense is watch-list x4, I am going to combine the two and suggest a Ban-list x2 given he’s already had a 4-week Watch-List and yet still finds himself reported.

Recommended Action
1. Ban-List x2

Additional Notes
Thanks for the report! This player acted nasty towards you for no reason. He attempted to get everyone in the game to leave as well. Keep sending in reports, we appreciate it!

Arrow
May 19th, 2016, 06:02 PM
1-S2-1-1691396: 2x Banlist

Capthades
May 21st, 2016, 04:30 PM
well id like to say this isn't the first time someone has used this name against this person. people have done leave train's yes. i have never left once without a reason or be it the end of the game. lag cheating is my next question if its said in the game during the game is it cheating? if you are alive and the entire game knows who is what is it cheating? no the end result is no. i did do this LW and said that i do own up to me being an asshole. but can you really ban people for being an asshole? i've seen it countless times and no one has done anything. i get reported for lag cheating between a 3 month period i didn't even log into starcraft 2. i never got a notification of this quote leaving until i read this. unless there is proof i left other then being dead in the game or its just this one offence id like that off of my ban reasoning.

Gyrlander
May 21st, 2016, 06:29 PM
If my oppinion counts something, I won't argue against his punishment being lowered to WL. I don't think CaptHades is a bad guy, but just had some... momentum.

PowersThatBe
May 21st, 2016, 06:30 PM
Watch-List x 4 is the "max" Watch-List so to speak. The next step in action is Ban-List. I watched the replay, and you called for a Leave Train, and insulted another player by making a derogatory name against them, and told them to "get fucked on the south side."

You then left during Day 1 after calling for "Choo Choo." You attempted to incite a Leave Train, and you went out of your way to Grief another player, by excessively focusing on them in a negative light before leaving.

Your Ban-List is only 2 weeks long. You are always welcomed to appeal it of course.

PowersThatBe
May 21st, 2016, 06:35 PM
No one here is saying anyone is a bad guy or not a bad guy. We're correcting behavior, not just punishing people because it's fun. The point of the punishment guidelines is to educate players about, when and how, their behavior crosses a line from friendly trolling to actual hurtful, and or, game ruining behavior.

Now if people left the game with him, it would have been a larger issue.

In my opinion, the ban should stay so that CaptHades can learn from this mistake. However, I am in no position to audit reports.

Also, if you have 'seen' worse behavior than this, you should be reporting it. Nothing gets done if we don't get reports about it!