PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 thoughts and an introduction

FM Uniform
May 3rd, 2016, 02:35 AM
Hello everybody reading this.

Be it the FMGM or fellow players or who knows even somebody 2 years from now.
I'll start with an introduction.

Who am I

My COM is GameFreak, been playing mafia for roughly 5 years now i believe.
I have my good games and my bad ones like everybody and started this thread with a hello to whoever
because i still think fondly of seeing and rereading the very first FMs, seeing the though process of the people involved, people i knew but have sadly moved on,
people i've lost contact with even though we spent hours together enjoying mafia, nostalgia is a powerful thing, maybe when people are reading this,
i'll have moved on too and this is but a little mark i left on sc2mafia history.

I've seen incredible plays and embarrasing blunders. And at the moment of writing this i will not know how this game will go.
I might end up winning a memorable victory. Or i might fail and and wish it was an FM i could forget.
I'll look back at this post in 2 weeks, seeing my somewhat bittersweet enthousiasm, with an entirely different view.
And i can only hope its the view of a victor.

What you should know

I must admit my biggest flaw. I do not take notes, partly because big games like this don't happen often, and it simply isn't necessary.
But a new FM gives us a new start, and i'll do my best. For myself but also for you , FMGM, because it makes a game so much more
interesting to read, when you can see the player's thought proces, how they outsmarted or were outsmarted.

Let's hope for a good game.

FM Uniform
May 3rd, 2016, 02:44 AM
In any game its quite important to make a good first impression. Sadly i wasn't here due to irl problems. But that should never be an excuse made ingame.
Many people like to use it but i feel IRL shouldn't be mentioned in an FM.

That being said i'm on the backfoot which is never good as scum. I need to spend the rest of the day as active as i can be.
I consider myself a lucky man that Julliet is playing a solid game. On the other hand our big boss Echo has yet to post which scares me.

We got a decent lineup:
Janitor
Informant
Tailor (me)

I seem to attract these roles, i have yet to get citizen this year . And have gotten tailor twice i believe. Its a very powerful role but ultimately very boring aswell.
In theory it offers huge amounts of wifom but it never goes that way, i'll probably end up using it on my own team and myself.

Off to class for now.

FM Uniform
May 3rd, 2016, 04:29 AM
Note 1: Initial impressions.

Boring day so far with not much being said.

Romeo Grimes is trying to lead the town, not sure if he is town yet. Seems like an aggro player a la MattZed but he doesn't like to take the role often.
Definitely a guy to keep on the good side because he has the charisma to swing trains.

Yankee is a logical player, reminds me abit of Sen, he's making good notes and so far. He's probably the guy that i should think twice before engaging in conversation
he will catch slips.

Quebec, ugh i don't know who this is but he is irritating me to no end. I can't stand his playstyle and his arrogance. He shitposts alot too and is rude as fuck.
His posts offer no content and only serve to make him look active while he dances around the day not taking too much attraction.
On the other hand he got in a useless COM fight with Romeo, I think i should exploit this down the line but i don't know how yet.

November i'm expecting him to be the resident lurker. He made an interesting post "i'm not sure if there are citizens in this game".
Problem with mafia is there are only two plays, Good and Wifom. Even if he's stupid i'll never know.
For somebody who posts so little this seems fabricated, wouldn't be suprised if he's the veteran.

Tango and Lima i'm not sure net, but no way are they both Targ. 1 maybe but not both or they are dumbtown.
I'm waiting for the roleclaims. So far Tango claims citizen, an easy claim and i think it will be punished.

Hotel is also lurking, should take advantage of this tomorrow with pressure. For today i should keep information to a minimum to waste time.

India is a weird player, He doesn't feel like a Targ though. I can even see him being on the opposing scumteam. His posts don't feel helpful even to me

Time to show my face in the thread again and pressure Lima.