PDA

View Full Version : {Ban List} Goofenstein: 1-S2-1-5581549; HalfNatty: 1-S2-1-5586134

Reverse Cowgirl
April 30th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Account Name: Goofenstein
Account ID: 1-S2-1-5581549
In-Game Name: Syrian Asylum Seeker

Crimes Committed: Game-Throwing

Your Account Name: Keaton
Summary: On Day 6, the remaining roles were 2 Triad vs. 1 Town. Rather than lynch the final town player, Goofenstein lynched his fellow Triad making the count 1 Triad vs. 1 Town. Rather than go for to solo win by killing the last town player (a jailor) on Night 6, both remaining players commit suicide. The result was nobody wins. I can't say for certain if this was planned before hand or if they were engaging in out of game communication, but the facts of the matter are clear. Goofenstein threw the game not just by lynching his ally, but by committing suicide to ensure his team lost.

DarknessB
April 30th, 2016, 03:27 PM
NAME / SC ID VERIFICATION
Goofenstein: CORRECT: 1-S2-1-5581549
ADDED TO REPORT -- HalfNatty: CORRECT: 1-S2-1-5586134

Respective Hotkeys
Goofenstein: 1
HalfNatty: 2

Was the Game Result altered?
Yes, Goofenstein and HalfNatty both coordinated to commit suicide on Night 6 to deprive the Triad and the Town respectively of the win. This caused the game to end in "nobody wins".

Previous Offenses
Goofenstein: None
HalfNatty: Skyping (Watch List) - http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/27751-Monstar-1-S2-1-5564095-Halfnatty-1-S2-1-5586134

Player Offenses
Goofenstein: Intentional Game-Throwing, Cheating
HalfNatty: Intentional Game-Throwing, Cheating

Summary
Goofenstein and HalfNatty enter the game in adjacent slots (1 and 2). Goofenstein rolls Liaison (#6) and HalfNatty rolls Jailor (#12). The game proceeds fairly normally until Day 6. On Day 6, there were three players left in the game: Goofenstein, who was #6 (Liaison turned Enforcer), his teammate #2 (Vanguard), and HalfNatty who was #12 (Jailor). Goofenstein votes his teammate #2 up to trial and guilties him along with HalfNatty. During Night 6, both Goofenstein and HalfNatty simultaneously decide to commit suicide, which results in the "nobody wins" screen. This is a clear example of intentional game-throwing by both players given they each had an opportunity to win the game for their faction but chose to suicide instead. In my opinion, this is also example of Cheating given the clearly coordinated acts by the two players -- both committing suicide on the same night right at the end of the game, which does not just happen by chance. Moreover, both players entered the game in adjacent slots suggesting that they were partied or otherwise coordinated on this outcome.

Given both these players committed intentional game throwing AND cheating offenses, I will look at the Cheating punishment guidelines here, which are higher than intentional game-throwing. This is Goofenstein's first offense, which for cheating would be a suggested Watch List x 3 per the guidelines. This is HalfNatty's second offense, which for cheating would be a suggested Ban List x 2. I believe that these suggested punishments are fair in light of what occured this game.

Recommended Action
Goofenstein: Watch List x 3
HalfNatty: Ban List x 2

Additional Notes
Thank you for this report -- this was a clear example of intentional game-throwing and cheating from these two players.

Arrow
April 30th, 2016, 05:50 PM
1-S2-1-5586134: 2x Banlist
1-S2-1-5581549: 3x Watchlist

Melancholic
May 1st, 2016, 12:13 AM
NAME / SC ID VERIFICATION
Goofenstein: CORRECT: 1-S2-1-5581549
ADDED TO REPORT -- HalfNatty: CORRECT: 1-S2-1-5586134

Respective Hotkeys
Goofenstein: 1
HalfNatty: 2

Was the Game Result altered?
Yes, Goofenstein and HalfNatty both coordinated to commit suicide on Night 6 to deprive the Triad and the Town respectively of the win. This caused the game to end in "nobody wins".

Previous Offenses
Goofenstein: None
HalfNatty: Skyping (Watch List) - http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/27751-Monstar-1-S2-1-5564095-Halfnatty-1-S2-1-5586134

Player Offenses
Goofenstein: Intentional Game-Throwing, Cheating
HalfNatty: Intentional Game-Throwing, Cheating

Summary
Goofenstein and HalfNatty enter the game in adjacent slots (1 and 2). Goofenstein rolls Liaison (#6) and HalfNatty rolls Jailor (#12). The game proceeds fairly normally until Day 6. On Day 6, there were three players left in the game: Goofenstein, who was #6 (Liaison turned Enforcer), his teammate #2 (Vanguard), and HalfNatty who was #12 (Jailor). Goofenstein votes his teammate #2 up to trial and guilties him along with HalfNatty. During Night 6, both Goofenstein and HalfNatty simultaneously decide to commit suicide, which results in the "nobody wins" screen. This is a clear example of intentional game-throwing by both players given they each had an opportunity to win the game for their faction but chose to suicide instead. In my opinion, this is also example of Cheating given the clearly coordinated acts by the two players -- both committing suicide on the same night right at the end of the game, which does not just happen by chance. Moreover, both players entered the game in adjacent slots suggesting that they were partied or otherwise coordinated on this outcome.

Given both these players committed intentional game throwing AND cheating offenses, I will look at the Cheating punishment guidelines here, which are higher than intentional game-throwing. This is Goofenstein's first offense, which for cheating would be a suggested Watch List x 3 per the guidelines. This is HalfNatty's second offense, which for cheating would be a suggested Ban List x 2. I believe that these suggested punishments are fair in light of what occured this game.

Recommended Action
Goofenstein: Watch List x 3
HalfNatty: Ban List x 2

Additional Notes
Thank you for this report -- this was a clear example of intentional game-throwing and cheating from these two players.

I apologize if this is out of place but the Jailor suiciding when it was a 1 vs 1 shouldn't be considered game-throwing. He would lose the 1 vs 1 the day after the Vanguard was lynched due to tie-breaking mechanics.

DarknessB
May 1st, 2016, 12:21 AM
I apologize if this is out of place but the Jailor suiciding when it was a 1 vs 1 shouldn't be considered game-throwing. He would lose the 1 vs 1 the day after the Vanguard was lynched due to tie-breaking mechanics.

Sure, this is technically correct -- the issue was more that they were collaborating together to ruin the game for everyone else with the coordinated suicide.

Goofenstein
May 4th, 2016, 12:42 AM
Sure, this is technically correct -- the issue was more that they were collaborating together to ruin the game for everyone else with the coordinated suicide.

Except I didnt know him, or even care about the outcome, cause I was wasted. I love finding a year of dumb shit against my character because someone pointed it out.... Honestly, some of this is gold

DarknessB
May 4th, 2016, 07:27 AM
Except I didnt know him, or even care about the outcome, cause I was wasted. I love finding a year of dumb shit against my character because someone pointed it out.... Honestly, some of this is gold

Essentially, you're admitting to the intentional game-throw allegation with the text in red. I'm not sure how this is us maligning your character. This game got reported because people were unhappy with your actions and with HalfNatty's actions which ruined this game for them.

Re: cheating, it is fairly rare for us to see one player game-throwing via suicide in a game. In this game, two players who entered in the game in adjacent slots (suggesting they were partied or otherwise joined together) game-threw via suicide, on the same night, after they had collaborated on a lynch (which itself was game-throwing for you), without any in-game discussion of their plan, and in order to produce a "nobody wins" ending. Unless you're the unluckiest person ever, I think it's reasonable for us to assume you are not being truthful here.

Finally, you only received a Watch List x 3 for this report (for cheating). The intentional game-throwing alone (which you admit to above) would have resulted in a Watch List x 2 and we could have easily summed the two offenses up for a larger punishment, which had been discussed in fact. If anything, we were fairly lenient here given how overt this report was.

Goofenstein
May 7th, 2016, 01:27 AM
Essentially, you're admitting to the intentional game-throw allegation with the text in red. I'm not sure how this is us maligning your character. This game got reported because people were unhappy with your actions and with HalfNatty's actions which ruined this game for them.

Oh ok. Wow, Im sorry that not really caring about the outcome ruined your day. I'm sure the games very small and dying community needs to lose all "non-pony" supporters that dont treat it like a real life scenario to "feel sorry for me" bans. Hilarious that some dude got perma banned btw, I'm going to keep playing exactly the way I always have, So... Ill see you next game?

DarknessB
May 7th, 2016, 01:32 AM
Oh ok. Wow, Im sorry that not really caring about the outcome ruined your day. I'm sure the games very small and dying community needs to lose all "non-pony" supporters that dont treat it like a real life scenario to "feel sorry for me" bans. Hilarious that some dude got perma banned btw, I'm going to keep playing exactly the way I always have, So... Ill see you next game?

We would strongly encourage you not to gamethrow in the future, but it is obviously your decision whether to heed that advice or not. Lynching your teammate and then suiciding so your faction doesn't win ruins the game for others. If you continue to break the rules and are reported, penalties become more severe with each offense, including being banned for increasing periods of time.

Goofenstein
May 7th, 2016, 01:42 AM
We would strongly encourage you not to gamethrow in the future, but it is obviously your decision whether to heed that advice or not. Lynching your teammate and then suiciding so your faction doesn't win ruins the game for others. If you continue to break the rules and are reported, penalties become more severe with each offense, including being banned for increasing periods of time.

Its a game where you assume an identity. If you dont like the way that I assume that identity, I would take it up with your god. I'm probably gonna keep "ruining the game" for you, because you and yours cant handle losing. I would suggest getting over it.

DarknessB
May 7th, 2016, 08:44 AM
Its a game where you assume an identity. If you dont like the way that I assume that identity, I would take it up with your god. I'm probably gonna keep "ruining the game" for you, because you and yours cant handle losing. I would suggest getting over it.

This is a game where you are given a role with a specific win condition and you need to act to satisfy that win condition. If you can honestly explain to us how lynching your teammate and suiciding at the end of the game is consistent with the identity of a Liaison turned Enforcer, who are supposed to be trying their best to eliminate the Town on behalf of the Triad, I think we would all be very interested in hearing it.

We have treated you like any other member of this community and will continue doing so going forward. Merely because you feel like gamethrowing is somehow acceptable does not make it so. There are plenty of open-ended games without win conditions where you can RP as much as you want. This is not one of them and gamethrowing like you have here will result in punishments. It's not fair to the others who want to enjoy the game.

Goofenstein
May 14th, 2016, 12:25 AM
This is a game where you are given a role with a specific win condition and you need to act to satisfy that win condition. If you can honestly explain to us how lynching your teammate and suiciding at the end of the game is consistent with the identity of a Liaison turned Enforcer, who are supposed to be trying their best to eliminate the Town on behalf of the Triad, I think we would all be very interested in hearing it.

We have treated you like any other member of this community and will continue doing so going forward. Merely because you feel like gamethrowing is somehow acceptable does not make it so. There are plenty of open-ended games without win conditions where you can RP as much as you want. This is not one of them and gamethrowing like you have here will result in punishments. It's not fair to the others who want to enjoy the game.

Then explain to me why there is an achievement for nobody wins? Why Do achievements exist if you can't seek them out? If you honestly want to destroy the community, I would continue down your path. I mean, you've been doing it awhile and the community is booming, right?

It's not like you could click join game and be in a loading screen less than a year ago or anything.... How long have you been around btw?

DarknessB
May 14th, 2016, 12:42 AM
Then explain to me why there is an achievement for nobody wins? Why Do achievements exist if you can't seek them out? If you honestly want to destroy the community, I would continue down your path. I mean, you've been doing it awhile and the community is booming, right?

It's not like you could click join game and be in a loading screen less than a year ago or anything.... How long have you been around btw?

There are achievements for many rare / odd occurrences in the game. Seeking out achievements, while fun, is not an excuse to gamethrow, however. The community is shrinking because there hasn't been development on the map in a while and because Starcraft II is now complete, which means less new players to the Arcade universe. It has nothing to do with game moderation, as you seem to be suggesting. In fact, clearly other players have a problem with your play here given this was reported to us. I would also love to hear your explanation of how you and HalfNatty both just spontaneously decided to suicide on the last day?

As you can see from my profile, I have been on the forum since the beginning of 2014 and beyond that, have been playing SC2Mafia since sometime in 2012. Honestly, if you are going to gamethrow, many players would prefer you just not play the game, because it detracts from their experience. Lastly, the fact that your responses have changed from not caring at all to roleplaying to achievements suggests you are struggling to justify your behavior. There isn't any excuse for gamethrowing period.

Goofenstein
May 14th, 2016, 10:07 PM
There are achievements for many rare / odd occurrences in the game. Seeking out achievements, while fun, is not an excuse to gamethrow, however. The community is shrinking because there hasn't been development on the map in a while and because Starcraft II is now complete, which means less new players to the Arcade universe. It has nothing to do with game moderation, as you seem to be suggesting. In fact, clearly other players have a problem with your play here given this was reported to us. I would also love to hear your explanation of how you and HalfNatty both just spontaneously decided to suicide on the last day?

As you can see from my profile, I have been on the forum since the beginning of 2014 and beyond that, have been playing SC2Mafia since sometime in 2012. Honestly, if you are going to gamethrow, many players would prefer you just not play the game, because it detracts from their experience. Lastly, the fact that your responses have changed from not caring at all to roleplaying to achievements suggests you are struggling to justify your behavior. There isn't any excuse for gamethrowing period.

Why did you edit this post to make a change in 85 percent of your previous sentences? And delete my response? Did you get mad because some people play the game the way they want to and don't let you have a brony fursona and fawn over you when you appear in game? Because, the dwindling community is basically all people who read the forums and give you free wins in game, which, guess what, I've seen happen twice now, when the watch you enter your pony name and refuse to lynch you despite facts....
Wow who's cheating here? Gonna delete this too?

DarknessB
May 14th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Why did you edit this post to make a change in 85 percent of your previous sentences? And delete my response? Did you get mad because some people play the game the way they want to and don't let you have a brony fursona and fawn over you when you appear in game? Because, the dwindling community is basically all people who read the forums and give you free wins in game, which, guess what, I've seen happen twice now, when the watch you enter your pony name and refuse to lynch you despite facts....
Wow who's cheating here? Gonna delete this too?

This thread is intended to discuss your report, not overarching issues with your opinion of the Mafia community and your personal opinion of me. I also rarely use custom names, so it is pretty clear you don't know me in-game. Given you do not seem to have anything to add on what happened with this game as opposed to insulting me, I will be closing this thread.