PDA

View Full Version : Instant Mafia (One Day)

Helz
April 8th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Role List
Hidden Town
Hidden Town
Hidden Town
Hidden Town
Hidden Town
Hidden Town
Mafia
Mafia

Win Condition
Town: Lynch 1 Mafia
Mafia: Lynch 1 Town

Role Cards
Mayor: Can reveal as the Mayor recieving 1 extra vote
Sheriff: Recieves information that 1 citizen is town at the start of the game
Mason: They share an active private chat but are not host confirmed to etchother
Citizen: No abilities of any kind
Mafia: They share an active private chat

Summary
The game only has 1 day cycle. One lynch will decide the game. Day is 72 hours long. There is no factional kill or night action of any kind.

I do not host often but I feel like this is something our community could use to improve. A lot of games players pass the time waiting for another day where they will have more information. In this type of setup there is no waiting and a decision must be made. In order to win the town will have to effectively use day chat.

Rules
Anon signs are allowed
Pictures and Videos are allowed in a limited amount
Invisible text is allowed
Quoting the host is not allowed (Do not quote your role card)
No out of game communication
Personal attacks are not allowed (Keep hostilities Slot dirrected. Not player dirrected)
Players will be required to reply to their role card PM verifying that they know their role
If you can not dedicate time to the game do not sign up (Active participation in day chat is mandatory)
It takes 5 votes to lynch
At my discretion violations of rules may result in a mod kill or replacement
Attempting to get mod killed in order to forward your win condition will be considered cheating; infractions will be chased once the game has ended and you will be removed from the game without a role flip. The town will have to decide if they want to lynch your empty slot or not.

Hydras
Training Hydras are allowed. In this situation only the new player would be allowed to post but he could share a OOG chat with 1 experienced player to help give him tips.
If there gets to be an insane amounts of signs Hydras 'may' be allowed unless a player specifically voices they do not want it to be a ***** game. This will only happen to facilitate a large signup demand. Any ***** that comes into play forfeits anonymity with all players in the ***** being revealed.

BananaCucho
April 8th, 2016, 10:10 AM
This is a fun idea that I would like to do.

Sen
April 8th, 2016, 10:33 AM
This looks fun.

I'd suggest not having a deadline for the day, or maybe extending it a bit further so there's enough time to find replacements, have everyone say their piece, and to prevent "omg, my life is super busy" excuses.

SuperJack
April 8th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Why would you make a training hydra. Buy only have one person use it? Why not let the new player just use their account. And the teacher help them skying.

Helz
April 8th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Why would you make a training hydra. Buy only have one person use it? Why not let the new player just use their account. And the teacher help them skying.

Probably what would happen. But I would still call that sign a Hydra because there is 2 people involved in the slot.

Cryptonic
April 8th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Mason's not knowing each other would be very interesting when it comes to asking for unbiased reads.

Sen
April 8th, 2016, 11:08 AM
The problem with Masons is that they can confirm each other at any point by having a secret code. eg; Mason 1 says they want Mason 2 to post a picture of Godzilla to confirm their identity, and as son as they do, they are confirmed Town to each other, and noone but the Mafia would have any reason to counter them.

By trying to counter them, they wouldn't be able to counter Sheriff, which in turn would clear somebody since they wouldn't have any counterclaims.

In both scenarios, at least 3 townies are confirmed, while the Mafia needs to counter the others, else there would be 5 confirmed Town and it'd be pretty much insta gg.

Cryptonic
April 8th, 2016, 11:31 AM
If there were two masons, I'd hope there would be no sheriff. Masons reduce who to check in the game almost half.

2 Mason + 4 Citizen would be nice.

SuperJack
April 8th, 2016, 11:55 AM
So game is either.
Sheriff
Mayor
Or 2x Mason.

SuperJack
April 8th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Or just all citizens.

Helz
April 8th, 2016, 11:58 AM
I can't really say anything on builds because it will alter in game host WIFOM.

But yes, masons could very easily confirm themselves to etch other. They are just not confirmed to etch other by the host. This is intended.

Sen
April 8th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Or just all citizens.
Or all sheriffs.

Cryptonic
April 8th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Or all sheriffs.

Mafia would be screwed. Takes like 1 lynch & 1 night kill to confirm everyone lol.
Add Insane Sheriff and it's OK lol

Sen
April 8th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Mafia would be screwed. Takes like 1 lynch & 1 night kill to confirm everyone lol.
Add Insane Sheriff and it's OK lol
This game has a single day and ends as soon as someone is lynched. All the Mafia would need to do in that scenario would be to play along and claim Sheriff as well, and it'd be effectively the same as a pure vanilla game.

EDIT: Actually, I'm retarded; a Sheriff knows a confirmed Town. If that confirmed Town is a Sheriff as well, they start confirming other people by proxy until only the Mafia are left.

Cryptonic
April 8th, 2016, 12:19 PM
This game has a single day and ends as soon as someone is lynched. All the Mafia would need to do in that scenario would be to play along and claim Sheriff as well, and it'd be effectively the same as a pure vanilla game.

EDIT: Actually, I'm retarded; a Sheriff knows a confirmed Town. If that confirmed Town is a Sheriff as well, they start confirming other people by proxy until only the Mafia are left.

Ohhh didn't see those win conditions.

ika
April 8th, 2016, 02:41 PM

What if there are overlaps?

Helz
April 8th, 2016, 03:35 PM

This is correct. This type of setup is based off a little used variant but can be extremely entertaining and requires very little long term time obligation because the game starts and ends with Day 1. This specific setup is pretty vanilla but I have seen a variation that used quite a few PR's. The most basic I have seen run is 2 citizens+1 mafia and the most advanced was a 13 player game with quite a few different PR's and bits of feedback dropping at various stages in the day for some of those PR's (Night actions are submitted N0 in that situation if the roles have mechanics that require targeting. One of the more interesting aspects is when there is a Vigi, Its random luck but killing a mafia is terrible for the town while killing a town eliminates 1 more slot from the pool and potentially helps them. Kinda changes the dynamic of play quite a bit)

I specifically made this one because it should help get players to adapt to not depending on PR's and lurking until there is more information. Right off the bat you have everything you will ever have as a town and must use this information and your skills in day chat to identify the scum.

Sen
April 8th, 2016, 09:15 PM
I specifically made this one because it should help get players to adapt to not depending on PR's and lurking until there is more information. Right off the bat you have everything you will ever have as a town and must use this information and your skills in day chat to identify the scum.

The current site meta could use a huge dose of this. I like.

Helz
April 9th, 2016, 04:43 PM
So let me know if my setup is approved or whatever. I can provide the exact builds that may be used if needed, but doing so will exclude the player I provide the information to from playing in the setup.

Cryptonic
April 9th, 2016, 05:01 PM
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/32025-S-FM-Queue

MattZed
April 10th, 2016, 05:11 PM
What happens if a 5-vote lynch is not achieved?

Helz
April 11th, 2016, 12:23 PM
What happens if a 5-vote lynch is not achieved?

Both factions loose

Good question : )

MattZed
April 20th, 2016, 10:25 PM
Helz I can approve this if you're interested in hosting ASAP.

Do all masons share the same night chat, or is it possible to have multiple groups of masons?

Frozen Angel
April 20th, 2016, 11:22 PM
The only way for having a private chat is to be masons or mafia. They know that their not mafia so their masons!

I think you meant to put a MS neighborhood instead of masons . for that you must put down the possibility for mafia to be a neighbour as well.

Frozen Angel
April 20th, 2016, 11:29 PM
If you didn't understand what I mean.

I meant they know their not mafia. and they know they have a private chat with player x. there is no way for player x to be a mafia neighbour as it stands so they know player x is town. they don't need the mod confirmation about it.

MattZed
June 3rd, 2016, 05:30 AM
Helz, it's your turn to host if you want to do this setup now.

Helz
June 3rd, 2016, 07:27 PM
Helz, it's your turn to host if you want to do this setup now.
MattZed

This is probably the easiest setup to host ever made but I am not willing to host anything with my current course load. Even though I doubt I would have to do anything but put it together I would not be able to dedicate any amount of time to this.

MattZed
June 10th, 2016, 07:13 AM
Helz, Calix said you'd allow her to run this setup in your stead. Is that the case?

How can the masons share a private chat but not be host-confirmed?

Helz
June 10th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Helz, Calix said you'd allow her to run this setup in your stead. Is that the case?

How can the masons share a private chat but not be host-confirmed?

By being given a quick topic with each of them having access to etch-other but not being confirmed by the host to etch other. It allows them to say they are anyone to etch other.

Really that was part of something else I was looking at adding. Doesn't really matter all that much with the roles list I posted but it can still provide some interesting soft plays if one of the masons chose to do so.

MattZed
June 10th, 2016, 10:04 AM
By being given a quick topic with each of them having access to etch-other but not being confirmed by the host to etch other. It allows them to say they are anyone to etch other.

Really that was part of something else I was looking at adding. Doesn't really matter all that much with the roles list I posted but it can still provide some interesting soft plays if one of the masons chose to do so.
If you know the person on the other side of the chat is town, how is the optimal play anything other than to say who you are immediately?

Please confirm you're OK with Calix hosting this for you.

Calix
June 10th, 2016, 10:14 AM
If you know the person on the other side of the chat is town, how is the optimal play anything other than to say who you are immediately?

Please confirm you're OK with Calix hosting this for you.

MattZed, stop being so bureaucratic for once. I have already covered this on Skype.

Pre-signs are up. Please form an orderly queue here ;)

Mesk514
June 10th, 2016, 10:23 AM
the fact that this is simple is what appeals to me...

/sign

but i may back out if certain people sign.

Calix
June 10th, 2016, 10:27 AM
I may also be running this setup twice in a row. (as it is a short game that only has a 72-hour day)

A /sign for the first game does not mean you are automatically enrolled for the second game.

It just means that I can take more than 8 signs, and if anyone reading this wants to play in the foreseeable future (but can't right now), they can consider signing for the second run :)

BananaCucho
June 10th, 2016, 10:40 AM
/pre-signage

Eggy
June 10th, 2016, 11:43 AM
/Sign

Mesk514
June 10th, 2016, 02:08 PM
/unsign

Gyrlander
June 10th, 2016, 02:10 PM
/unsign

You're really discreet.

Borderline Crazy Dealers
June 10th, 2016, 02:13 PM
/unsign

I thought you two were pals?

SexyDucK
June 10th, 2016, 02:18 PM
that was a fast unsign.

Mesk514
June 10th, 2016, 02:34 PM
that was a fast unsign.

go fuck yourself.

Yukitaka Oni
June 10th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Or all sheriffs.
All mayors, let's do it ^)O.o)>!!!!

SexyDucK
June 10th, 2016, 02:43 PM
go fuck yourself.

That was rude.

Calix
June 13th, 2016, 05:53 AM
MattZed

When is this being approved?

Helz clearly has no objections to me hosting this, otherwise he would have said as much, and there isn't anything else that needs to be changed as far as I can see.

MattZed
June 13th, 2016, 06:06 AM
You make a good point. I see no reason to suspect Helz is against you hosting this for him.

Approved for signups. You may host this setup twice in a row.
Calix