PDA

View Full Version : Night 1

McJesus
November 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Discuss all things holy and the killing of demons here. I will be making a long post of my thoughts about day 1 soon.

McJesus
November 23rd, 2011, 09:19 PM
Noteable People:

-Nick is a clear enemy of the chapel of eternity, he is a threat and probably a Roman, possible investigation target
-Claw is claw and another possible investigation target because I want to know what angle he is peddling shit from this game
-Phillie and Illidan both want to look like they are alligned with eternity, they would make good recruits except I am worried Phillie might be jailed for being so anti roman and Illidan might be killed for his forum mafia reputation
-Dimwit is a possible Demon subject for his interest in discussing if satan should recruit night one
-Raiden posted very intelligently and seemed to want to influence who we went after. Problem is Raiden wanted to influence me away from smart posters. In an ideal world I would be recruiting either Illidan or Phillie both who were on his do not recruit list with Falsetruth who is also on that list but I'm not sure if they will survive.
-Nanosystem implied a humanity role and subtly suggested a recruitment
-Celt suggested it would be better for town to survive and eliminate angels, he strikes me as a lucifer suspect, or at the very least a sinner.
-suicidaln00b claims sinner but is probably trolling
-brennburg also claims sinner with a more realistic claim, don't worry I never had plans on recruiting him anyways

At the moment the target I have in mind for investigating is claw and/or nick and the target I have in mind for recruiting is falsetruth. I could use his insight as he is a proven player that doesn't have as much of a target on his back as some of the others. Illidan is another possibility he wasn't as in your face about his pro eternity vibe as phillie but he was pretty big on it.

big question is do we do a double investigation or leave it at just one and not risk me dying night one? We could also investigate one person and then heal our recruit target if we want to pick one who has a high risk of dying.

Thoughts?

McJesus
November 24th, 2011, 06:17 AM
no one going to post in here?

BorkBot
November 24th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Present, not jailed. Sorry, I was reading through the day thread again to sort my thoughts.

I'm in favour of a double investigation. It's very unlikely that you'll die on the first night, and information is the most valuable thing we can get right now. We shouldn't use a heal-and-recruit combination unless we have found someone important who may be under fire.

I approve of Claw as an investigation target. It may have been coincidence, but the day was ended quickly after his late return and he came across as if he had made up his mind about a few things that were discussed during the day. He also remained on the mafia forum for a while after the day had ended. I suspect he is Roman and/or a power role, possibly Tiberius who had just made his jail target known to God.

I'm not sure of your observation of Nick. He wants to be an enemy of Eternity because we are the most vulnerable faction for now. Lucifer is definitely not going to kill him, because half of the active people already indicated that they are tempted to lynch him. That also makes him a waste of an Assasin's attacks. I would not disapprove of a daring recruit on him (I really doubt that he's a sinner. It's not in a sinner's best interest to make enemies so quickly). Nick could prove useful as a conduit for our investigation finds in case we want to make them public (sinners). Should he end up as a martyr by popular demand, his last will can allow the rest of us to stay anonymous while ensuring a lynch or execution of a sinner or two. However, it might be safest - as you say - to investigate him first, because it would be a rather big gamble.

Philie is a power role. Or is at least is trying to make it look like that. Doesn't look like a Judas and might make a good night 1 recruit.

Yayap is way too pro-Eternity in chat and I think it might be because he's Judas or a sinner who wants to know whose side he's on and counting on Eternity not to reveal too early.

CMG has said to me outside the game that he thinks the roles weren't randomly assigned. Though he shared no explicit details and I didn't ask for any, this makes me suspect that he's a commoner, since like me he is new at Forum Mafia. His statements on the first day seem to back that up, although he could be trying to deceive me.

FalseTruth might be a good recruit target, though I'm not sure. He was joking around at the very start of the day that he was a tax collector.

Kromos is 99% safe to recruit. He won't get killed right away, and if we decide to recruit him then we have priority over the Romans. This means they will have one Legionnaire less and Pilate will remain unprotected the second night, which is very good for us. The only downside is that I asked a question regarding the recruit order and that makes me an interesting target for the tax collectors to check. He has also made himself a target for Lucifer from night 2 and onward, because Lucifer doesn't like Legionnaires.

Lunavium was hinting at it that she might be a whore (she stated that she is most closely affiliated with lust), although it would be somewhat insulting if she received that role, I suppose :p

Capitalier is hard to read. He wants to give Yayap all the attention. Worthy of investigation in my opinion. Same as Raiden.

Dust smells like a sinner to me. He tries to provoke people to take actions that will benefit Lucifer.

Ubernox is interesting. He seems to favour a Rome-Eternity alliance, but he's reluctant about it. Could be a Humanity power role or a Legionnaire.

Goonswarm was literally advocating that the win conditions for the Romans should be less aimed towards getting an easy win alongside Sin, but he was subtle enough about it. This implies that he's not a commoner, not a sinner and not a Roman. He could be a potential ally or a really sneaky Judas. Investigation worthy.

My suggested actions are as follows:

Recruit Philie (a first night execution seems doubtful), investigate Claw (I'll do that myself) and investigate Raiden, Goonswarm or Capitalier. If you insist, we could heal Philie, but I'd rather not.

If he doesn't get lynched tomorrow, I'd like to see Nick investigated on the second night.

BorkBot
November 24th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Some people may have spotted me being not invisible and browsing through the FM boards/posting on here.

I came forward hoping to avoid suspicion, because I think most new people would be over-cautious after such a reveal if it was anything important.

McJesus
November 24th, 2011, 09:57 AM
ya I saw Jazac lurking around in the forum mafia section when it was night so he is probably a member of a faction and might be worth investigating, how do you make your online status invisible on the new forums anyways?

Like I said I would like to recruit phillie but I really feel like she made herself a target for the jailor day 1 who could just be a dick and kill her. Unless jailor can't kill first night this game is different because it isn't town vs mafia the romans are their own faction. I would feel safer going with Illidan. Since we agree about chancing it and going with a second investigation target I would like to pick Raiden, he seemed very strict in telling Jesus what to do and I want to find out why.

McJesus
November 24th, 2011, 10:05 AM
There I turned invisible mode on, go under settings, general settings and it is there

NorthStar
November 24th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I'm present, I would suggest using codes during the day but it seems cliche at this point.

I'm going to be more active and aware this game, I'm trying my best not to let Eternity down. Romans are obviously a neutral faction that I relate to the Mafia. The star beside you repesents that other forum members cannot see you.

NorthStar
November 24th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Also, if notable members of the Mafia community (I.E Mods, Phillie) are still active in the mid-late-game. We can generally assume they are a power role. I've noticed a trend in FM games where most power roles would be squared off to more experienced players. We know who they are, we should keep an eye on them.

Edit: Rev just posted on Night 1 thread that all roles are random.

NorthStar
November 24th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I'll investigate Capitalier as I doubt he'll be recieving much attention at night. I'm a bit suspicious of him as well.

McJesus
November 24th, 2011, 06:40 PM
so we will investigate claw and capatalier, now then as for who I should recruit I have narrowed it down to falsetruth, illidan and phillie. Right now I'm leaning towards Illidan, any thoughts?

NorthStar
November 24th, 2011, 06:58 PM
That's a good choice, I advise to stray from Phillie because of her high mortality rate. Shes a good player, people will pick up and shes going to die. Illidan and FalseTruth as well, but I believe Illidan would be better in an persuading the town to our cause. I would prefer somebody semi-active to be recruited as they're not a primary suspect in either sense. They arn't too loud, nor too quiet.

McJesus
November 24th, 2011, 08:41 PM
allright I'll recruit Illidan, what shall our code be?

NorthStar
November 25th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Creativity and improvise. I suggest we use "Commend" as a method of recruiting disciples. So if I go "I commend NorthStar", you'll have the idea that NorthStar might be worth recruiting. I would also like to pitch an idea of when one of us is suspected, we'll just say GG.

McJesus
November 25th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I meant for the investigation results, lol. My idea is that you start the post off with the first letter of what role you found listing them in order off from this list: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/3481-Role-Directory

a = 1 = jesus
b = 2 = angel
c = 3 = disciple
d = 4 = tiberius
e = 5 = pilate
f = 6 = tax collector
g = 7 = leigonnaire
h = 8 = commoner
i = 9 = sinner
j = 10 = judas (immune to detection)
k = 11 = rabbi
l = 12 = whore
m = 13 = theif
o = 14 = sheppard
p = 15 = seer
q = 16 = embalmer
r = 17 = assassin
s = 18 = lucifer (immune to detection)

also be sure to pm your actions to the forum mafia game master. Question: will it show if i sucessfully recruit Illidan or will I have to make a code for that too?

NorthStar
November 25th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Make a code for it too, I'm going to save what you posted as it's simple and effective. If you need a table of codes, ask and I pm it.