PDA

View Full Version : Day I - Twilight Sparkle

Pages : [1] 2

Forum Mafia GM
November 22nd, 2011, 10:11 PM
Running along the landscape, the mythical Equestrian beast crossed over hills, through rocky crevices, and between sparse villages. It arrives at a hill overlooking Jerusalem, the legendary capital city of Judaism, then eventually Christianity and Islam. The current occupiers are the Roman Empire, particularly the easternmost section of the great empire spanning the entire Mediterranean Sea. As such, nearly the entire western world is under the Roman dominion.

Jerusalem, however, is bound to change hands countless times in the future, as it has many times in the past. The struggles will undoubtedly last millenia. However, today begins perhaps the most historically and culturally significant moment for the next two thousand years. Many, but certainly not all, remember it as the crucifixion and resurrection of God in human form, though all recognize it as an extremely influential execution of a great man.

However, something is different. The kaleidoscopic structure of alternate universes, predicted by some interpretations of quantum theory, has resulted in an alternate reality. In this reality, there are roughly half a dozen more ponies in the world than there should be. None of these extra ponies are normal, by any stretch of the imagination.

The unicorn pony looking over Jerusalem is called Twilight Sparkle. She is a unicorn with unnatural magical ability and a fresh sense of solidarity. However, she is alone. While her magic is formidable, it is nothing compared to the power of human tenacity.

An agent of Chaos, cloaked in a shroud of demonic haze, approaches the unicorn soundlessly. After climbing up the same hill as Twilight Sparkle and stopping just four paces behind her, the agent stops. The ensuing seconds are drawn out to minutes, hours, and days in the endless mind of Chaos, soaking in the glorious horror beset before him; for in the unicorn called Twilight Sparkle lived a demon: a fallen angel whose name speaks legend.

Numerous blades and spears suddenly appear around the unicorn, before running her through from every direction within a fraction of a second. The unicorn pony becomes eviscerated under the rising sun, completely unrecognizable and exposed in every way imaginable. The agent steps forward, dropping the shroud for an infinitesimal moment to unlock the Devil's seal. The blood, by a force of satanic power, collects into a simple, shocking-red sigil.

"Sorry about the mess. I hope you will have some discretion when repeating the process. It would be inconvenient if the others' identities were to also be revealed."

"..."

"Forgive me. I was careless. He will certainly see this as a challenge. While He can not harm us directly, there is still the opportunity for Him to reveal us in this manner."

"..."

"If you have retribution to enact on me, I beg of you, unleash it upon my soul."

"..."

"I see."

Chaos' agent then fades from sight and existence in this plane of reality.

The sigil will fade over the course of the next month, but for the ensuing days it is left in plain view on that hill over Jerusalem for all to see.

http://www.sc2mafia.com/junk/Lucifer.png
Lucifer
Aspect of Pride

(Lucifer (Pride) is added to the role list)

The ensuing panic caused even the clockwork Roman reports to falter. Suffice it to say that the day was an unordered chaotic mess, nothing worthy of note happening until that night.

Graveyard
Twilight Sparkle {Pony} - Killed Night 0 - Flayed in demonic summoning ritual

(Not in any particular order...)

Player List
Role List

Ambient

Jesus

Ash
Angel

Auckmid
Angel

BorkBot
Lucifer (Pride)

Brennenburg
Sealed Demon (???)

Capitalier
Sealed Demon (???)

Celt
Sealed Demon (???)

Clawtrocity
Sealed Demon (???)

CmG
Sealed Demon (???)

Deathfire123
Sealed Demon (???)

Dimwit
Tiberius

divemaster127
Pilate

Dust
Tax Collector

FalseTruth
Tax Collector

Fragos
Legionnaire

fred
Commoner

Ganondorf
Commoner

Goonswarm
Commoner

hamslyx
Commoner

Illidan
Commoner

J
Commoner

jaczac
Commoner

Kromos
Commoner

Lunavium
Commoner

McPwnage
Commoner

MileS
Assassin

MrSmarter
Assassin

nanosystem
Rabbi

Nick
Whore

NorthStar
Whore

oops_ur_dead
Thief

Perotto
Thief

philie
Shepherd

Raiden
Shepherd

RandomNumbers0
Embalmer

Rumpel1408
Embalmer

steeznuts
Seer

suicidaln00b
Judas

Sumikoko
Sinner

TheWaaagh
Sinner

Ubernox
Sinner

vornksr
Sinner

wolfcheese
Sinner

Yayap
Sinner

Zack
Sinner

Zane
Sinner

Schedule
This day will end at 300 GMT, Thursday, November 24, 2011. (7:00 PM PST, Wednesda)

Rules
This day acts as a Q&A segment. Ask me questions in the thread and I will answer them and post them in a Q&A format here.

Q: Does humanity win as a team, or is it dependent on you as a person surviving to the end regardless of how the rest of humanity fares?

A: Humanity wins as a team, unless the Sin faction wins, in which case it's every man for himself.

Q: If Tiberius is still alive, the Sin faction is destroyed, and Jesus was not lynched yet, would the game end with a loss or would it continue?

A: The game would end and the Roman faction would lose while Humanity and Eternity win.

Q: If Tiberius is still alive, the Sin faction is destroyed, and Jesus IS lynched, would the game end with a joint victory with Eternity and the Romans?

A: Yes, there would be a joint victory between Humanity, Eternity, and the Romans.

Q: Which factions have night chats?

A: The Romans, Eternity, and Sin all have their own night chat forums.

Q: Do sealed Demons (still Sinners) learn Jesus' name if Jesus attempts to convert them?

A: Yes; the name reveal happens even if the Demon is sealed.

Q: Does Lucifer lose night immunity and lynch immunity when Jesus dies?

A: Yes, permanently.

Q: Under what conditions will the game end?

A: The game can end in several ways. Scenario 1: Sin is destroyed and Tiberius is alive; Eternity and Humanity win (Romans win if Jesus was lynched, lose if he was only nightkilled and never lynched). Scenario 2: Sin is destroyed and the Romans are dead; Eternity and Humanity win. Scenario 3: Eternity is destroyed and 24 Humanity/Romans/Disciples are dead; Sin and surviving Humanity win (Romans win either if Jesus was lynched or if Tiberius was killed, lose otherwise). On the extremely unlikely chance that Sin and Eternity are destroyed while 24 humans are dead, ONLY the surviving Humanity will win, plus Romans if their win condition is upheld.

Q: How are the Demons unsealed?

A: Lucifer must explicitly use his unseal action on them. The role card reveal only notifies particular Demons that they are, in fact, sealed Demons, but Lucifer is required to actually release them.

Q: Can Lucifer nightkill even if he unseals?

A: Demon actions are completely independent of the nightkills they do. Tiberius, Assassin, and Sin are the only kill-capable entities; Legionnaires can counter-kill.

Q: Does jailing by Tiberius provide nightkill immunity?

A: No.

Q: Does the Angel investigation reveal Judas, or is he seen as a Commoner?

A: Angel investigations report Judas' true role. However, searching every single Commoner for Judas is a wasteful task.

Q: What is the order of operations (night actions)?

A: Exactly the same as in StarCraft II Mafia; most actions happen simultaneously or before/after other actions as necessary to have an impact on the game. You can ask specific order of operations questions if you really need to.

Q: When a sealed Demon's role card is revealed, what will happen?

A: The sealed Demon will be told (by me) that he is, in fact, a Demon. However, no other gameplay change will happen -- this is a revelation, not an actual change in abilities. The powers must still be unsealed like normal.

Q: When Jesus recruits a Roman, what will happen?

A: Jesus will be told that the conversion failed, but that his target is not a Demon. This message is identical to attempting to recruit a Sinner, though the Sinner will still be converted to a Commoner. In both cases, the target will also be told that Jesus visited them, but will not learn the identity of Jesus.

Q: What happens when Lucifer unseals an incorrect target?

A: Nothing.

Q: If Tiberius or Lucifer are attempted to be lynched, what will happen?

A: The day will end without a lynch. Their roles will not be revealed.

Q: What is the priority between Legionnaire and Disciple recruitment?

A: Jesus comes first, so the target would be a Commoner Disciple instead of a Legionnaire.

Q: Is Tiberius able to chat with his allies at the same time as talking with his jailed prisoner?

A: Yes.

Q: Do dead Romans switch faction if Tiberius dies after they do? Does this apply to Tiberius himself?

A: Yes. The entire faction switches sides. This also means that dead Romans will automatically lose if Tiberius dies.

Q: Can Jesus be resurrected multiple times?

Q: Must Sin select different players for their multiple kills, or may they be allocated to a single player?

A: Sin kills are handled separately; a number of Demons are picked to do the killing (no Demon can do multiple kills) and the order in which to do the killing, resulting in the ability to allocate multiple kills to the same person.

Q: Does Pilate have to know who Jesus is in order to use his ability?

Q: Do Whores, Thieves, and Shepherds who visit someone who performs no night action/is not visited still lose charges on their abilities?

Q: Are protecting roles informed if their target is attacked?

Q: Do the default options from the Mafia Wiki apply unless otherwise noted?

Q: Will killing roles specifically be informed if they try to kill an immune target?

Q: Does the Seer's scry ability count sealed Demons in the Sin total?

Q: Does Lucifer appear as a Commoner to Angels' investigations?

Q: Can Sinners become Disciples by being converted twice?

Q: Do unsealed Demons appear as Sinners to investigative roles?

A: They are full Demons at this point, so no. If the investigative role is capable of finding Demons, then they will appear as a Demon.

Q: Can we PM other players about the game?

Clawtrocity
November 22nd, 2011, 10:13 PM
Who?
What?
When?
Where?
Why?
How?

Forum Mafia GM
November 22nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
Who?
What?
When?
Where?
Why?
How?

Satan.
Evil.
1st Century AD.
Jerusalem.
Because I can.
Magic.

TheWaaagh
November 22nd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Does humanity win as a team, or is it dependent on you as a person surviving to the end regardless of how the rest of humanity fares?

McJesus
November 22nd, 2011, 10:19 PM
Yay Twilight sparkle is dead, death to poniez!

FalseTruth
November 22nd, 2011, 10:20 PM
WTF WHY ARE ALL THE NAMES CORRESPONDING TO THE PLAYERS????

philie
November 22nd, 2011, 10:21 PM
watsup motherfuckas. inb4 claw is full of shit again.

fred
November 22nd, 2011, 10:22 PM
All ponies shall die. It has been commanded.

Dust
November 22nd, 2011, 10:22 PM
So the FM begins...

FalseTruth
November 22nd, 2011, 10:23 PM
nvm, it's not in order. NO HARM DONE GUYS! :3

Ambient
November 22nd, 2011, 10:25 PM
nvm, it's not in order. NO HARM DONE GUYS! :3
Smooth.

philie
November 22nd, 2011, 10:26 PM
i hear False truth is a sexy tax collector hooker stripper indian. He slipped.
it feels so weird to not be anon, hey lucifer will you kill me just because im female, too?

Brennenburg
November 22nd, 2011, 10:27 PM
Hi, one question:

Is immune to lynching and night kills until Jesus dies for the first time
Does this mean that Lucifer loses night immunity when Jesus dies?

Clawtrocity
November 22nd, 2011, 10:30 PM
I say we use the witch method of finding Lucifer. We lynch FalseTruth and if he dies then he isn't Lucifer.

FalseTruth
November 22nd, 2011, 10:31 PM
All right guys, who knows this shit inside out other than Claw, Goon or DR and is willing to explain the convoluted roles list to me. Also, I will be creating a lot of codes this game so keep a watchful eye out for that.

Clawtrocity
November 22nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Ok.

Large post explaining everything to the best of my ability as if you were a 5 year old.

Yayap
November 22nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
So I'll be quick about this. I'll most likely die night 1.

Kromos
November 22nd, 2011, 10:38 PM
I woke up at a good time :cheesy:

If your a sinner say BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! to become a demon and win the game.

Nick
November 22nd, 2011, 10:41 PM
To FM Game Master

I'd like to know when will the game end. Does it end only when either Eternity or Demon faction is destroyed? How about when Roman successfully lynches Jesus? Do they need to sit around until Eternity and Demon finish fighting it out? This will greatly influence how Humanity will choose to act.

Kromos
November 22nd, 2011, 10:42 PM
How are the demons unsealed? I only know that there role cards are revealed each day.

wolfcheese
November 22nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
Of course the first FM game I join has to be the most batshit crazy one. Bring it.

Dust
November 22nd, 2011, 10:49 PM
Humanity wants to see Sin lose or to survive with Eternity or the Romans. I.E. This is a battle for Humanity. Sin and Eternity are the main factions while the Romans could win with Eternity if they lynch Jesus then he zombies back to life. Eternity wants to see Sin wiped out. The only way they can do that is if they lynch Jesus then lynch/kill Lucifer. Sin wants to see Eternity wiped out as well as kill 24 Humanity/Roman roles. That is how I see the win conditions. Here they are in data org:

Sin: can win with Romans and some of Humanity
Can't win with Eternity

Romans: Can win with Eternity, Humanity, Sin
Can't win with ??? what now?

Eternity: Can win with Romans, Humanity
Can't win with Sin

Humanity: Can win with anyone as long as they survive.

Roles:

Sinners are what I see as the convoluted part. DR said somewhere that he had sent out 14 sinner cards (8 actual sinners and 6 demon hosts.) The demon hosts do not know if they are a part of Sin. Each night (so DR says) a role card will be revealed. One demonhost sinner will be notified that they are that particular demon. I assume DR is doing the 7 deadly sins for the demons (Lucifer=Pride, Gluttony=?, Envy=?, etc...)

Sinners are the only confusing role imo.

Forum Mafia GM
November 22nd, 2011, 10:50 PM
Quick update: Angels can NOT detect sealed demons, only unsealed ones (sealed still appears Sinner).

Nick
November 22nd, 2011, 10:51 PM
How are the demons unsealed? I only know that there role cards are revealed each day.
Demons unsealed by Lucifer. Added in Role Directory. No links I suppose.

Clawtrocity
November 22nd, 2011, 10:56 PM
There are essentially 4 alignments, but technically there are two teams. Sin and Romans are trying to take out Eternity. Eternity and Humanity are trying to take out Sin.

Humanity is more or less a town and Romans are more or less the Mafia.

Eternity is basically the cult. They recruit players who retain their abilities. They have Jesus, two angels, and "Cultists". These are like all other FM cults and not like the cult in SC2 mafia.

Romans are trying to lynch Jesus the entire game. Once they kill him/lynch him he dies and gets rezzed 3 days later. They have one ally on Humanities side and that person would be Judas. Judas switches alignments like crazy. He starts out helping the Humans, but if Jesus recruits him he helps them out for 2 days before betraying him and becoming a legionnaire(Mafia BG). He then helps the Romans kill Jesus and the rest of eternity.

Sin is extremely different than anything we've ever had in FM so far. Basically Lucifer will use meditate every other night and then recruit a new demon on opposite nights. Tonight he'll find a sinner. Tomorrow night he'll recruit the sinner. We will find out one new role card for the demons each day. So we'll actually know all the demons before he can recruit them all. Lucifer wants to keep Jesus alive, but wants to eventually kill him and the rest of eternity.

The Romans initially will be against Sin since they just want to keep Tiberius alive with their army of bodyguards, but if he should die then the Romans actually side with Sin's win condition.

The Humans only want to kill Sin. They have no other purpose on earth, but since Jesus needs to die for Sin to die they will eventually want to kill Jesus at least once. Humans can co-exist with the Sin-less romans, but want to kill the romans if Tiberius die.

Jesus will want to allow himself to gather as many disciples as possible before possibly outing himself so they can kill sin. This game may very well end up similar to how it was written in the bible.

Humans are extremely limited, but they do have vast numbers compared to the other teams. The numbers slowly windle down the following ways: Romans can Execute them, they can be killed by bodyguards if they attack the BGs target, The Sin can kill 1 person per 2 members rounded up, Jesus can recruit them, Sin can recruit the sinners(They are humans until converted), Assassins can kill other humans, and last but not least lynched.

Rev probably answered most questions while I typed this, but hopefully it gives a simplistic understanding about this otherwise complex game.

vornksr
November 22nd, 2011, 10:57 PM
w00t! And so it begins. Fortunately nothing's happening till after Thanksgiving, since I'm not gonna be around much till then. gl hf, everyone. :)

Deathfire123
November 22nd, 2011, 10:58 PM
For fairness sakes, I think all new players should survive Night 1, just so they can properly play for at least one night.

Kromos
November 22nd, 2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks, Nick

Looks like a demon will be unsealed every 2 nights as Lucifer has to waste a night to find one. He could start random unsealing but that would be a pretty bad idea

Clawtrocity
November 22nd, 2011, 11:03 PM
I forgot to mention that Romans can recruit Commoners to be Legionnaires as a method of Humans lowering in number.

Deathfire123
November 22nd, 2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks, Nick

Looks like a demon will be unsealed every 2 nights as Lucifer has to waste a night to find one. He could start random unsealing but that would be a pretty bad idea

Every night, not every 2 nights.

Kromos
November 22nd, 2011, 11:06 PM
The only way Jesus is going to be lynched is after day 5 and Pilate accuses him as he can so easily defend himself. Judas would be very bad for eternity because he could reveal all their roles to the Romans and demons if he wants. Judas can also be in every faction if Tiberius dies and the Romans turn to sin.

I agree with deathfire, I would like to survive atleast one night

Kromos
November 22nd, 2011, 11:08 PM
After reading Claw's post I guess town might want to lynch Jesus as he shall die for our sins

Kromos
November 22nd, 2011, 11:12 PM
Every night, not every 2 nights.

While it is possible for him to unseal every night, he would just be guessing who is the demon and would probably fail. He has to waste a night meditating if he wants to find out who a random demon is for him to unseal it the next night

Forum Mafia GM
November 22nd, 2011, 11:14 PM
More questions answered.

Deathfire123
November 22nd, 2011, 11:19 PM
wait so Lucifer HAS to guess who he's converting and demons dont automatically turn?

Deathfire123
November 22nd, 2011, 11:19 PM
Also, If Jesus visits a Sinner, then visits them again, does that make them a disciple?

Clawtrocity
November 22nd, 2011, 11:20 PM
No he uses meditate to get a name and the next night he will probably recruit them unless they are stupid or something.

FalseTruth
November 22nd, 2011, 11:20 PM
So, you're saying 15 people received the Sinner Role, and every single day, one of those sinners turns into a demon?

FalseTruth
November 22nd, 2011, 11:21 PM
...or rather, every day for 7 days.

McJesus
November 22nd, 2011, 11:25 PM
So can lucifer nightkill or is he only the one who unseals? Does anyone other than the jailor and assassin (vigi) night kill?

Dust
November 22nd, 2011, 11:25 PM
With DR's explanation it means this: Lucifer is like a cult leader. Except that he MUST choose a sealed demon in order for that sinner to become a demon. He summons the demon from the demonhost as one of his night abilities. Since he has no idea who could be a demonhost he would use his meditate ability to figure out who to summon on the next night. So there is one demon summoning every other night if Lucifer goes that route.

Clawtrocity
November 22nd, 2011, 11:26 PM
No. There are only 8 sinners.

Each night Lucifer gets a name of a sinner that is a demon. He then unseals that demon and adds him to his team.

The sinners are seen as Sinners right now to themselves. Tomorrow when a new Demon card is revealed the actual demon who that card belong's too actually finds out that he is that. He could technically start hinting in chat that he is a demon. That name might be different than the one that Lucifer got.

So Lucifer gets X's name through meditate

Y the Sinner wakes up in the morning finds out he's the a demon.

Y is like "Man I hate sinners" or uses some code or some shit

Lucifer recruits X.

X and Lucifer talk about it and agree he's probably a demon.

Instead of meditating Lucifer risks it and recruits Y.

He skipped the meditate part because the demon knew he was a demon. However that can be extremely risky for both parties involved.

Clawtrocity
November 22nd, 2011, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty sure night kills happen simultaneously to abilities. "Sin" kills 1 person per 2 members rounded up. At 3 members Sin can kill 2 people. 5 members they can kill 3 and 7 members they can kill 4.

Nick
November 22nd, 2011, 11:29 PM
It seemed to me that Roman has a very high chance to win. Why wouldn't Jesus reveal himself to keep Roman off Eternity's back and to prevent the Roman-Demon alliance. And Lucifer will become vulnerable. Because once Roman lynches Jesus, their enemy will be Demon. And I don't see why Demon will waste a few kills on Tiberius just to get the Tax Collectors.

Nick
November 22nd, 2011, 11:30 PM
No. There are only 8 sinners.

8 REAL sinners. 6 demons masquerading as sinners. Total 14?

Deathfire123
November 22nd, 2011, 11:34 PM
It seemed to me that Roman has a very high chance to win. Why wouldn't Jesus reveal himself to keep Roman off Eternity's back and to prevent the Roman-Demon alliance. And Lucifer will become vulnerable. Because once Roman lynches Jesus, their enemy will be Demon. And I don't see why Demon will waste a few kills on Tiberius just to get the Tax Collectors.

Eternity only has two members besides Jesus at the start, that cannot heal each other. If Jesus is lynched D2, he doesnt come back until Day 5. Meaning Eternity could be wiped out by then, and then Sin has already won

Illidan
November 22nd, 2011, 11:34 PM
8 REAL sinners. 6 demons masquerading as sinners. Total 14?
No. There are 8 sinners, with 6 of them being sealed demons.

Also hai. That's probably the only day I will be able to play :(

Capitalier
November 22nd, 2011, 11:35 PM
I think he already did. Yayap must die for our sins.
8)

Nick
November 22nd, 2011, 11:36 PM
To FM Game Master

Does jailing by Tiberius provide immunity to killings (from Demons and Assassins)?

Fragos
November 22nd, 2011, 11:38 PM
One question: Can Angels see Judas as himself or he is seen to then as Commoner instead?

If Jesus keeps recruiting on Angel's behalf, then it would be really easy for Eternity to avoid Judas completely.

TheWaaagh
November 22nd, 2011, 11:38 PM
No. There are 8 sinners, with 6 of them being sealed demons.

Also hai. That's probably the only day I will be able to play :(

Nah, if that was the case, the total wouldn't add up to the player count. In order for the total to be 16 it has to be 6 demons as sinners, and then 8 non demon sinners. I wish I didn't spend the time to add that up.

Back to questions though:

If Lucifer tries to unseal someone because of a perceived code, as Claw mentioned or just a random blind guess, but it turned out the person didn't have a demon, does Lucifer gain any other information? To make it less convoluted: Does Lucifer's unsealing act as an investigation for him if it fails? And does the person he failed to unseal become notified of the attempt?

TheWaaagh
November 22nd, 2011, 11:39 PM
I guess I can't edit my post, but I meant the total needs to be 46 players, not 16. Whoops.

Illidan
November 22nd, 2011, 11:40 PM
Derp, you're right.

Illidan
November 22nd, 2011, 11:46 PM
On another note, those Tiberius and Pilate guy are scary. Let's find them fast plz.

Capitalier
November 22nd, 2011, 11:49 PM
On another note, those Tiberius and Pilate guy are scary. Let's find them fast plz.
I don't like your attitude.
I think we need to find all of the sinners, and keep a close eye on them for changes over the days.
Yayap, get to work, "king of the Jews."

Perotto
November 22nd, 2011, 11:49 PM
Onward Christian sooooollllllddiieeeerrrssss marching off to waaaarrrrrrrrr.

Kromos
November 22nd, 2011, 11:51 PM
What is the order of operations going to be?

Capitalier
November 22nd, 2011, 11:51 PM
I think we need to find all of the sinners, and keep a close eye on them for changes over the days.
Plus, Tiberius is probably one of our biggest assets for that job, yo.
As long as he doesn't execute them . . .

Illidan
November 22nd, 2011, 11:52 PM
Awww, but I like you! :(

Capitalier
November 22nd, 2011, 11:55 PM
Awww, but I like you! :(
The Roman Emperor was a pretty cool guy in FM3, why do we have to catch the gentleman?
(Even if we do find him, you have to fling like 2 assassins at him and doctor them, lol)

Illidan
November 22nd, 2011, 11:58 PM
The Roman Emperor was a pretty cool guy in FM3, why do we have to catch the gentleman?
(Even if we do find him, you have to fling like 2 assassins at him and doctor them, lol)
That was Emperor Nero, and it was me :x

And well, that's why I said they're scary

Capitalier
November 23rd, 2011, 12:04 AM
That was Emperor Nero, and it was me :x

And well, that's why I said they're scary

Then why don't you feel like burning down some stuff and blaming it on Eternity? 8)

Forum Mafia GM
November 23rd, 2011, 12:06 AM
More questions answered.

Also: ALL ACTIONS MUST BE PM'ED TO ME. I'll make this clear in the night thread as well, but Tiberius IS ABLE TO JAIL SOMEONE ON NIGHT 1, SO IF YOU WANT TO DO THAT, PM ME WITH YOUR ACTION.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 12:11 AM
Eternity only has two members besides Jesus at the start, that cannot heal each other. If Jesus is lynched D2, he doesnt come back until Day 5. Meaning Eternity could be wiped out by then, and then Sin has already won

Using your logic, doesn't that mean Pilates is in mortal danger? Eternity and Humanity might send Assassins to kill him just to prevent Jesus from being lynched early.

Attention to Eternity, Humanity and Sin

1) The Roman will view any demonic attacks, assassination or lynching attempts on us as a declaration of war. Such underhanded tactics will nullify our non-aggression treaty and force us to formalize our alliance your enemies, which we would like to avoid if possible.

2) We demand that Jesus surrenders himself for lynching by Day4. Cooperate, and we will stay out of your war with Sin. Disobey, and you will find the might of the empire against you!

3) Potential Legionnaire recruits should start sending your applications, as screening and interview might take some time. Commoners and former Sinners are welcome. First come first served. Those sending fake resumes will be executed personally by our Great Roman Emperor Tiberius!

4) We are warning Sin not to kill Jesus before we lynch him. Especially if Jesus has revealed himself on Day4. We will view such actions as betrayal, and you will soon die regretting your actions. We would also advise that Jesus be surrendered to us, in case you find him earlier.

5) Roman will be formulating a no-kill list hopefully by today, latest by tomorrow. The list will consist of Roman officers, potential Legionnaires and Humanity that we find "useful". The list will change from day to day. We warn Sin not to touch anyone in the list.

more to follow...

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 12:25 AM
Nick, you're being scary. Just saying.

Clawtrocity
November 23rd, 2011, 12:30 AM
Oh boy. This is the FM version of the fucking mayor bullshit in SC2.

Nick and his Roman buddies are going to control the game since they are everyone's ally...

A wild douchebag appears
Nick uses BORE!
It's super effective!
Everyone dies of boredom. The end.

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 12:39 AM
Just watch as he dies by Sin Night 1. Even though all noobs shouldn't die N1.

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 12:41 AM
Why are you so obsessed with deaths deathfire?

Dimwit
November 23rd, 2011, 12:42 AM
Just watch as he dies by Sin Night 1. Even though all noobs shouldn't die N1.

No sin kills until at least 1 demon is unsealed, so possibly one, almost probably two nights before a Sin kill.

McJesus
November 23rd, 2011, 12:50 AM
Right now I have nick marked down as a roman based on his posts

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 12:53 AM
Really? I missed that.

McJesus
November 23rd, 2011, 12:54 AM
lol

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 12:55 AM
No sin kills until at least 1 demon is unsealed, so possibly one, almost probably two nights before a Sin kill.

Sin can kill AND recruit same night. There will be a kill tonight.

Why are you so obsessed with deaths deathfire?

Have you seen my username?

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 12:58 AM

It's rounded up. So still will have 1 kill tonight. I'm preparing another post to "convince" Sin not to kill tonight...

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 01:02 AM

Did I claim being Roman? I'm just a loyal citizen of the Roman empire. I have the empire's best interest in mind. I suggest that you all do the same.

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 01:03 AM
It's rounded up. So still will have 1 kill tonight. I'm preparing another post to "convince" Sin not to kill tonight...

This is stupid and won't be heard since Sin has its own win objective to be heard and probably doesn't care about yours

Dimwit
November 23rd, 2011, 01:05 AM
Sin can kill AND recruit same night. There will be a kill tonight.

How likely is it that Satan will recruit instead of meditate Night 1?

"Perform one kill per night for every two living unsealed Demons, rounding up (i.e. 4 kills when all 7 are alive and awake)"

Rounding up doesn't start until 1 demon is unsealed, which is likely not to happen tonight as Satan will be Meditating, as I stated above.

That is unless he decides to random recruit.

Unless of course I really don't understand the Sin mechanics?

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 01:08 AM
How likely is it that Satan will recruit instead of meditate Night 1?

"Perform one kill per night for every two living unsealed Demons, rounding up (i.e. 4 kills when all 7 are alive and awake)"

Rounding up doesn't start until 1 demon is unsealed, which is likely not to happen tonight as Satan will be Meditating, as I stated above.

That is unless he decides to random recruit.

Unless of course I really don't understand the Sin mechanics?

You don't. Sin can, at the moment, meditate AND kill OR recruit AND kill.

They have 1 member, they can perform 1 kill. When they have three members, they can perform 2 kills, etc.

Dimwit
November 23rd, 2011, 01:11 AM
You don't. Sin can, at the moment, meditate AND kill OR recruit AND kill.

They have 1 member, they can perform 1 kill. When they have three members, they can perform 2 kills, etc.

(From 'Roles List and Rules')
Perform one kill per night for every two living unsealed Demons, rounding up (i.e. 4 kills when all 7 are alive and awake)

It's not members of Sin, it is Unsealed Demons that the rounding is based on. There are 8 sealed demons, which is why 7 unsealed demons allows 4 total kills. 5 for 3, 3 for 2 and 1 for 1.

As far as I can tell, Lucifer is not counted as a Demon, sealed or unsealed.

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 01:14 AM
(From 'Roles List and Rules')
Perform one kill per night for every two living unsealed Demons, rounding up (i.e. 4 kills when all 7 are alive and awake)

It's not members of Sin, it is Unsealed Demons that the rounding is based on. There are 8 sealed demons, which is why 7 unsealed demons allows 4 total kills. 5 for 3, 3 for 2 and 1 for 1.

As far as I can tell, Lucifer is not counted as a Demon, sealed or unsealed.

Lucifer IS counted as a Demon, there are 6 unsealed demons left. Sin can perform a kill tonight.

Dimwit
November 23rd, 2011, 01:16 AM
Lucifer IS counted as a Demon, there are 6 unsealed demons left. Sin can perform a kill tonight.

I stand corrected.

MileS
November 23rd, 2011, 01:21 AM
I have a feeling that this game is going to turn out to be rather interesting.

Rumpel1408
November 23rd, 2011, 01:23 AM
yay it started

read all the threads and take all the notes \o|

and dont forget to use hyphens in deathnotes ^.^

Fragos
November 23rd, 2011, 01:37 AM
Well then, how about we have some little fun?

Right now there are 7 Demons, each of then associated with one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Lucifer is the being of Pride, while 6 other demons are beings of Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Lust, Envy, and Gluttony respectively. Now the most interesting part begins here.

If you were ever associated with one of the Seven Deadly Sins, which Sin it would be?

Personnaly I spend most of my time playing computer games, so my greatest sin would be Sloth.

What Sin are you?

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 01:41 AM
I am so Slothy
I am somewhat Guttonous
I am very Envious of others.
I am very Wrathful
No Pride
No Big Issues with Lust
Not really Greedy

Probably Envy

Clawtrocity
November 23rd, 2011, 01:43 AM
FUCK YOU FRAGOS HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU GOD DAMN ASSHOLE HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING LIKE SERIOUSLY SPOILER ALERT WOULD BE NICE BEFORE YOU JUST COME IN AND RUIN WHAT COULD OF BEEN AN AMAZING STORYLINE LIKE WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT OTHER THAN THE BIGGEST DOUCHEBAG ON THE GOD DAMN PLANET YOU FUCKED UP INBRED MONKEY FUCKER ON STEROIDS.

Take a guess.

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 01:44 AM
FUCK YOU FRAGOS HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU GOD DAMN ASSHOLE HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING LIKE SERIOUSLY SPOILER ALERT WOULD BE NICE BEFORE YOU JUST COME IN AND RUIN WHAT COULD OF BEEN AN AMAZING STORYLINE LIKE WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT OTHER THAN THE BIGGEST DOUCHEBAG ON THE GOD DAMN PLANET YOU FUCKED UP INBRED MONKEY FUCKER ON STEROIDS.

Take a guess.

It was obvious, don't be an idiot Claw

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 01:45 AM
This is the most interesting Day I ever.

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 01:47 AM
It was obvious, don't be an idiot Claw
I think you somewhat missed the point of Claw's post :X

FalseTruth
November 23rd, 2011, 01:48 AM
I am Romano Hooker. Don't kill Auckmid or Procyon they're my homies.

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 01:49 AM
I think you somewhat missed the point of Claw's post :X

I got it a second after I posted

CURSE NO EDIT BUTTON!

Forum Mafia GM
November 23rd, 2011, 01:49 AM
Mainly because it is a dynamic Q/A. On that topic, a couple more answers are posted now.

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 01:50 AM
I guess I'll stop posting at 666 so people start thinking I'm Lucifer.

OH SHI-

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 01:51 AM
Well this isn't as troll-y as other Day 1's but it certainly is no better gameplay-wise other than Nick's taunting.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 02:07 AM
Well then, how about we have some little fun?

Right now there are 7 Demons, each of then associated with one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Lucifer is the being of Pride, while 6 other demons are beings of Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Lust, Envy, and Gluttony respectively. Now the most interesting part begins here.

If you were ever associated with one of the Seven Deadly Sins, which Sin it would be?

Personnaly I spend most of my time playing computer games, so my greatest sin would be Sloth.

What Sin are you?

I look forward to being Wrath!

Rumpel1408
November 23rd, 2011, 02:31 AM
Then im fucking Pride both to be the emperor of rom and killing a huge amount of the population of this little village called new marrelis. I'm Sloth for not looking up the correct way to write this name an make FT rage, and ofc i'm also Greed cause I want more and more Mafia-points :3

release the hyphens ^^

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 02:37 AM
Dear Lucifer the Prideful,

May I wish you success in your endeavors. I seek audience with Your Greatness to plea for the lives of us lowly humans. Please do not kill without any information - do not kill tonight. As the most powerful demon, I trust your logic is second to none. Thus, I understand that Your Greatness already knew that the Romans are steadfast and trusty allies. Both share the same goal - death of Jesus the scoundrel.

I also believe Your Greatness understand the usefulness of Humanity. The Sinners are devout believers of Your Greatness. It will be a waste of resources if your loyal underlings are mistakenly killed tonight. Even more so if they contain your brethren. Better let Jesus and those lesser Angels waste their time with them.

There are also capable humans for your perusal. Need to hunt down the remaining Disciples? Order the Embalmers to desecrate the corpse of the charlatan. Too many Disciples to kill? Order Assassins to thin down their numbers. Brethren in danger? Rabbis are ready to help. Want Jesus alive but don't want him to recruit? Send Whores to show him the pleasure of the flesh!

I'm confident that Your Greatness will achieve your goals in exterminating the scourge of Eternity.

Your Devoted Subject,
Nick

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 02:44 AM
P.S. It's regrettable that Roman will be unable to get a no-kill list today. I'll be seeking audience with Emperor Tiberius tonight. So please do hold the kills.

Rumpel1408
November 23rd, 2011, 03:43 AM
i somehow want to lynch nick day 1, what do you say folks?

Luna
November 23rd, 2011, 03:45 AM
Aha so this is where all the action is.

The least spam-filled Day I ever :)

I think I would mostly be associated with lust.

Now I can't make my mind up about Nick, it could be a ploy but I can't think of who would want to masquerade publicly as a Roman, especially at this stage.

Every day I shall ask myself the question WWJD? and then do that.

Zack
November 23rd, 2011, 03:54 AM
So you are infact a true Roman Nick, since you're going to speak with your emperor at night. I suppose thats a bold move, trying to control the game. Only time will tell if it was effective...

An interesting Day I to say the least, there's actually very little trolling this time around.

Since we are not annonymus this game, a part of the fun is removed, which was acting as diffrent people to mask our identities. Just saying, heh

By the way, Claw's explanation of the factions differs from that of DR's, so pay attention.

Hm, what sins would I be associated with? Sloth, annoyingly, is the primary one, wish it wasn't. Then there's Wrath, Gluttony and Lust. Envy, Greed and Pride are present, but I can ignore them for the most part.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 04:03 AM
RP aside...

I think most people are silent because they just don't trust each other. And even if it's not anonymous, I don't think it will really affect the game. Kill Yayap the Seer? Yayap might be your fellow demon! Protect FalseTruth the Wise? A wise demon perhaps. Want to lynch deathfire? Too bad he is your fellow angel.

Bad thing is that we might step on a few toes in game. But then again, even if you are anonymous, they will still know your role after everything is over.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 04:06 AM
Hmm... did the RP guy during the last FM died Night1 or get lynched Day2?

Luna
November 23rd, 2011, 04:08 AM
Many people are also silent because of the time difference, and it's also verging on Thanksgiving Day in the US.

Anonymity wasn't just about concealing COM identities, it was about getting into character and having fun :) You form a personal attachment to the account, and anonymous accounts let you do a couple of different things you couldn't normally (like Jailing someone using an extra account).

Luna
November 23rd, 2011, 04:10 AM

I know that I did a couple of sentences of RP in my first post, got insulted then was voted to be lynched.

Best way to survive in FM is to be an asshole, anyone trying to be nice is assumed to be scum.

FalseTruth
November 23rd, 2011, 04:13 AM
my K0De2 r uNbre4k4BlE. i m 4 lI0N, W47CH meh R04r.

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 04:18 AM
FalseTruth the Wise
Does not compute.

<3 ft

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 04:26 AM
Does not compute.

Envy!

Observation: Twilight Sparkle is a demon
Hypothesis: Other ponies are also demons
Question: Who are the other ponies?

Discuss.

suicidaln00b
November 23rd, 2011, 04:28 AM
hello

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 04:30 AM
Question for game master: Can Jesus be resurrected multiple times, or only once?

CmG
November 23rd, 2011, 04:46 AM
Now that was a fast outing there Nick. Lets say he is commoner and wants to be recruited with this little sheme? Would this be game throwing?

CmG
November 23rd, 2011, 04:55 AM
I mean town is just filler anyway more or less. The Demons just eat them up, Eternity picks the most useful roles out of them and the Romans are somewhat opportunistic. I would totaly understand a Commoner trying to get recruited from the Romans there. Would be common sense indeed ;)

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 05:06 AM
Commoner or not, swearing allegiance to the Emperor is the best way for survival. Eternity and Sin included. I don't see how Eternity or Sin could waste resources rebelling against the throne without being devoured by their counterparts. A strong Roman Empire is to the benefit of Eternity and Sin. Those who fail to see so can seek further clarification from me.

And I'm quite disturbed to hear whispers among the Humanity on overthrowing our beloved Emperor Tiberius. I do hope that such talk is stopped immediately. For this time only, I'll let bygones be bygones.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 05:08 AM
Question for game master: Can Jesus be resurrected multiple times, or only once?

An excellent question.

+1 reputation to Roman

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 05:09 AM
EDIT: with Roman

Clawtrocity
November 23rd, 2011, 05:18 AM
So you are infact a true Roman
By the way, Claw's explanation of the factions differs from that of DR's, so pay attention.

That's not true at all. I simplified it, but nothing I said was untrue. I tried to give an overall look at how the game will be played and then explained exactly what each faction needed to do to win.

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 05:21 AM
Commoner or not, swearing allegiance to the Emperor is the best way for survival. Eternity and Sin included. I don't see how Eternity or Sin could waste resources rebelling against the throne without being devoured by their counterparts. A strong Roman Empire is to the benefit of Eternity and Sin. Those who fail to see so can seek further clarification from me.

And I'm quite disturbed to hear whispers among the Humanity on overthrowing our beloved Emperor Tiberius. I do hope that such talk is stopped immediately. For this time only, I'll let bygones be bygones.
Why the Sin shouldn't kill Tiberius, exactly?

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 05:24 AM
That's not true at all. I simplified it, but nothing I said was untrue. I tried to give an overall look at how the game will be played and then explained exactly what each faction needed to do to win.

RP aside...

I agree that Eternity is cult and Humanity is town. But I see Sin as mafia and Roman as executioner (with additional powers).

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 05:37 AM
Why the Sin shouldn't kill Tiberius, exactly?

You do think far ahead... let me explain... wait...

I don't think I should show my cards that early before Night1.

Suffice to say that both Eternity and Humanity will try their best to protect the Emperor. And don't forget the Legionnaires. Sin definitely won't want Tax Collectors and the remaining Legionnaires to die don't they? A failed demonic attack (which will definitely fail) will be to great disadvantage to Sin. And remember! Pilates is key to a neutral Roman.

By the way, I'm not Pilates. In case any of you have funny ideas. And remember Sin, Tax Collectors won't be very useful to you later. So don't bother attacking Roman!

Clawtrocity
November 23rd, 2011, 05:39 AM
I could see that I guess. The Romans are more neutral than the mafia would be. However Sin is an enigma...(Would be totally badass if Raiden ended up being Lucifer)

Dust
November 23rd, 2011, 05:45 AM
Claw, I agree with Zack that some of your analysis does not follow what DR had said up to that point. Sin only needs to see eternity lose and a bunch of humans (Humanity and Romans) to die. Since Humanity can win with every other faction this FM gives me "fight over Humanity" vibes.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 05:48 AM
To FM Game Master

How does multiple kills or Sin work? Must Sin select different players or can they allocate all kills to a single player?

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 05:59 AM
You do think far ahead... let me explain... wait...

I don't think I should show my cards that early before Night1.

Suffice to say that both Eternity and Humanity will try their best to protect the Emperor. And don't forget the Legionnaires. Sin definitely won't want Tax Collectors and the remaining Legionnaires to die don't they? A failed demonic attack (which will definitely fail) will be to great disadvantage to Sin. And remember! Pilates is key to a neutral Roman.

By the way, I'm not Pilates. In case any of you have funny ideas. And remember Sin, Tax Collectors won't be very useful to you later. So don't bother attacking Roman!
That's what I'm saying. Why shouldn't he kill Tiberius to control every Roman?

Capitalier
November 23rd, 2011, 06:04 AM
P.S. It's regrettable that Roman will be unable to get a no-kill list today. I'll be seeking audience with Emperor Tiberius tonight. So please do hold the kills.

If Nick isn't a Roman, this would be a clear sign to the Emperor that he wants to be jailed tonight (and no-killed, so he can simply speak with the good sir). For all we know, he could be Lucifer trying to feed the Emperor the fruit of sin (or simply a sinner that really hopes he's a demon).

Anyone else got any opinions on Nick's true agenda? Unless he is Emperor himself, I find it unlikely that he is Roman (mainly due to issues of planning -- it would be pretty weird for a simple Roman Officer to have the stones to do this without even consulting the rest of his team).

Capitalier
November 23rd, 2011, 06:11 AM
To FM Game Master

How does multiple kills or Sin work? Must Sin select different players or can they allocate all kills to a single player?

This is a pretty suspicious question, after I realized what he's asking. He wants to know if Sin can just make Lucifer do all the night-kills, so no Sin dies from bodyguards. I suggest you write this down in your notes, Our Savior Yayap.

Dust
November 23rd, 2011, 06:19 AM
Capitalier, the thought had crossed my mind. But:

He certainly wants the Romans to be the neutral team that they are. He is setting it up so that when one of the Romans is put on tiral, another Roman will claim and then the bandwagon will stop. He does not show any preference for any of the other factions. another possibility is that he is sending a message that he wants to become a legionnaire. His obsession with the Romans would imply that if the Romans know who each other are (I presume that they do) that he is helping the Romans already, but would be more use to them if he were a legionnaire. His saying of "I will give to you all a no-kill list tomorrow, after I have an audience with the emperor" certainly shows that if he were Roman, he could give the no-kill list now, so that others could not make a mistake (by nick's standards) by killing a Roman. Since he is doing this without any planning I argue that he wants to be converted this night. If he doesn't write up a no-kill list by tomorrow then we shall know. It could be that he wants to plan with his buddies about this. I have no idea. Nothing definite can be said right now so take with a grain (a small one) of salt.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 06:26 AM
That's what I'm saying. Why shouldn't he kill Tiberius to control every Roman?

By the time Emperor Tiberius is dead, only 2 Tax Collectors will be left. And they are useless for detecting Eternity. Wasting so many kills just to get the remaining 2 Roman is bad strategy.

If Nick isn't a Roman, this would be a clear sign to the Emperor that he wants to be jailed tonight (and no-killed, so he can simply speak with the good sir). For all we know, he could be Lucifer trying to feed the Emperor the fruit of sin (or simply a sinner that really hopes he's a demon).

Anyone else got any opinions on Nick's true agenda? Unless he is Emperor himself, I find it unlikely that he is Roman (mainly due to issues of planning -- it would be pretty weird for a simple Roman Officer to have the stones to do this without even consulting the rest of his team).

The P.S. is directed toward Sin. I don't really mind being seen as a Roman, Sinner, loser Humanity trying to save his own skin, or even Lucifer himself. So feel free to discuss. Do note that it is impossible for me to be Eternity.

Regarding strategy, I feel that this is the best possible way to play Roman. Consolidate power early, and let the other factions fight it out. And because Sin is going to kill on Night1.

Sorry if you are Roman. Congratulations if you are a Sin. Unlikely to be Eternity.
Worst regards if you are a Humanity. You want me to get lynched and I hope you die tonight!
Best regards if you are an Assassin. I wish for your good health...

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 06:31 AM
I thought that he wanted to be jailed -------> get a private audience with Tiberius so they can talk (That is if he's just a towny. I wouldn't blame the romans for wanting to interrogate him before they try to recruit him)

Ash
November 23rd, 2011, 06:38 AM
Hi guys, my first post :D
idk what to say about Nick, but he does seem suspicious. i will lol if he is eternity.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 06:39 AM
To FM Game Master

This is a pretty suspicious question, after I realized what he's asking. He wants to know if Sin can just make Lucifer do all the night-kills, so no Sin dies from bodyguards. I suggest you write this down in your notes, Our Savior Yayap.

Good question that I missed.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 06:41 AM
Hi guys, my first post :D
idk what to say about Nick, but he does seem suspicious. i will lol if he is eternity.

Absolute nonsense! I insist I'm not one!

RP aside...
Taking sides early (except with neutral factions) = death...

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 06:48 AM
By the way... any recruits? Claiming Commoner will gain you "night immunity". Furthermore, you can delay committing to any factions...

Dust
November 23rd, 2011, 06:50 AM
are you seriously suggesting people play to get into a faction? This is like the old games where all the cool people were in the cult. And everyone (nearly) was playing to get in.

CmG
November 23rd, 2011, 06:55 AM
too bad jailing doesn't give you night immunity there...

Luna
November 23rd, 2011, 06:56 AM
The P.S. is directed toward Sin. I don't really mind being seen as a Roman, Sinner, loser Humanity trying to save his own skin, or even Lucifer himself. So feel free to discuss. Do note that it is impossible for me to be Eternity.

Nothing is impossible sir :) You could very well be Eternity.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 07:01 AM
Except it's not cool this time. Pro-Eternity means death at night and pro-Sin means death by lynching.

I think I sound too pro-Sin thus being suggested to be scum worth lynching by pro-Eternity Capitalier whom I cursed to die at night. Currently I see Humanity as fodder whom can hardly win alone without a sugar daddy like Roman.

That's why I say, swear allegiance to Roman!

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 07:02 AM
Still isn't as funny as Narks' trolling.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 07:05 AM
too bad jailing doesn't give you night immunity there...

I knew it a bit too late. At least it can convince Sin that I'm no Eternity. Hope that Tiberius is not execute-happy...

Nothing is impossible sir :) You could very well be Eternity.

Only Eternity "accuse" other people of being Eternity.

Note to Eternity: I might be a Judas waiting to be recruited! So come!

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 07:08 AM
Still isn't as funny as Narks' trolling.

Pity that you call my strategies trolling -_-

Dust
November 23rd, 2011, 07:11 AM
Its a pity that some people are just lurking.... We see you there, BorkBor, CmG and nanosystem. There are three more who are not shown but that will be their undoing since some people are suspicious about that...

Raiden
November 23rd, 2011, 07:13 AM
Hi all! Raiden, the master of early death has finally arrived.

First of all, thank you for finally having a DECENT day 1. I was hating the spamfest, seriously. Especially because i can't avoid being serious, so my real intents are instantly revealed to everyone whenever i speak. At least this time i will blend with some other respectful people, and hopefully i will be able to survive until day 3. Any further length is next to impossible.

That is, unless i am actually evil, in which case i will live until endgame only to resign and lose like a boss.

I myself am one of the worst sinners on earth, in a biblical sense. I am extremely lazy, i rage quite easily, i rarely resist lust and glutton instincts, i envy other people's achievements while i take pride in my own. I have an hard time spending money for anything and letting people use my stuff. That said, i do not believe those are proper parameters to judge a person's soul. I am capable of loving and caring, and i have very strong morals in regards to justice and overall goodness. As for all people, i have highs and lows.

Now on to this particular FM... very interesting concept indeed. I love how factions aren't as well defined as usual, and there is a very large gray area where Humanity and Romans lie, allowing for countless strategies to be used in this game, although i have still to figure out the most efficient one for each faction.

Early analisys:
I find the Romans have the best chances to win this game, as Jesus will be quite easy to find in a short time. Everyone needs him to die in order to destroy Sin, so he might just reveal himself at some point, giving Romans an almost guaranteed victory. They will then work with the winning faction to end the game easily and shortly.

Sin may want to prevent this, since they need control over Jesus's death in order to ensure the immortality of their leader. They want to kill Jesus when the time is due, not earlier and not later. They will want to destroy Angels asap, though.

Humanity have the strength of numbers, also known as lynch power. They outnumber everyone else by a larger amount this time, so there will NOT be a lynch without humanity help, ever (not including Pilates instant lynch ability). Now, is it good for humanity to lynch every day? Probably so, since even killing allies is not that detrimental to their win conditions, as long as Eternity is preserved for the longest possible time.

Conclusions:
Humanity must preserve Eternity, especially Angels, and don't care about the rest.
Sin must destroy Angels.
Romans don't give a fuck until Jesus's status is made public.
Eternity must protect Angels and avoid Judas.

Some stuff is omitted in this analysis in order to preserve the status of things. Smart people will understand. This is not a case of "giving out all information is best", since treachery and betrayal are standards in this game.

Person-by-Person analysis:
Nick: not Lucifer.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
Happy to see another serious player! Lets be friends and survive together!

I doubt Lucifer will worry being investigated early. He is looks like a Commoner. And cannot be killed. He is susceptible to lust though.

My only worry is the selfish Humanity who will conduct random lynches just to "save" their own hide.

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 07:37 AM
I wasn't saying you were trolling, merely that his trolling was more entertaining. You are doing a good job in wrapping this all up nicely, making it easier to understand.

CmG
November 23rd, 2011, 07:51 AM
I am not lurking. I have just the thread open all the time while playing Skyrim thats all and since English is not my mother tongue i just need more time to write stuff. But how nice of you beeing suspicous of me. Makes me almost feeling honored. Almost...

Raiden
November 23rd, 2011, 07:59 AM

Oh i almost skipped this. I think you are talking about me. I was lynched day 2 after being framed by oops and investigated by FalseTruth.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 08:07 AM
I see... I think I shouldn't raise my hopes too much for Day2 then...

nanosystem
November 23rd, 2011, 08:20 AM
Hi. Those are my thoughts so far:

1. Lynch Sin ASAP
The demons may be the most dangerous party. If we don't keep the Demon numbers low, they will overwhelm us with 4 KPN and 7 mafias.
2. Rome WILL win
Tiberius is immune to lynching and will be guarded by his Bodyguards. Don't even try to kill him(especially because Rome will join Sin if he dies). Also, we have to lynch Jesus anyway (to kill Lucifer) so our goals are the same. Don't forget that the Sin has to kill 24 humans so at least some Roman will die to the Sin.
3. Be careful when to use your skills
Every town role can use their skills only 2/3 times. If people will just random heal/investigate/etc we won't have a chance in late game. It's not neccesary to sit on your heals anyway, but don't waste them.

Fragos
November 23rd, 2011, 08:47 AM
You want my opinion about Nick? He may be Judas.

Until someone claims otherwise, I will keep treating him like Judas for the most of the game duration.

BorkBot
November 23rd, 2011, 08:52 AM
Greetings fellow peoples of Jerusalem's community and Hail to the Emperor Tiberius. I'm sorry my response comes this late, but like all present here today I have my faults and sloth is probably my greatest. I sleep late and long and my reading is slow but thorough.

I can however assure you, Dust, that I do not lurk. I may be silent on this forum while I sort through thoughts of our people to form my own opinion on matters, but I have neither the ability (as you have already proven) nor the desire to remain out of sight.

My first observation is that Nick appears to be playing a dangerous game. I do not think he is Roman, but he is clearly trying to make friends with everyone so that he is either spared or accepted into the folds of one of the three conflicting groups so that he can function as a mediator or a conduit of information of sorts and thus make a victory for his side more secure. Even if it means that it might cost him his life. Brave perhaps, but quite foolish also.

Regardless, I shall further analyse what has been said and perhaps formulate a question or two if there is anything important that I feel I and others should know before proceeding.

MrSmarter
November 23rd, 2011, 08:55 AM
I HAVE ARRIVED!
It looks to me like most everyone is going to have to wait for the other fractions to make their moves. This should be a very fun game once it gets going.

Auckmid
November 23rd, 2011, 08:56 AM
Me be here ;)

MrSmarter
November 23rd, 2011, 08:59 AM
Nick seems to be playing a very risky game. I'd say that he is likely a commonnor, but he could be something more sinister.

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 09:00 AM
Emperor Tiberius Caesar Augustus must be kept alive at all costs, by both Eternity, Humanity and the Romans. It is likely that Sin will only try to kill him at night, so it would be best if the angels kept him healed once they found him. Jesus, on the other hand, should be lynched ASAP (once he's recruited enough people) so that he can get back in the game as soon as possible and help us defeat Sin.

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Honestly, I think the Romans are absolutely full of themselves. Eternity and Romans should pretty much be considered enemies, because the only way for Romans to win is to have Jesus die. Eternity needs Disciples to withstand Sin's assault, which they will be unable to do if the Romans get their wish. Sin doesn't want to help the Romans, neither does Etenity. Romans will lose.

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 09:03 AM
Seeing as all the Humanity abilities have a very limited number of uses, I suggest that we try to just make like a commoner and stay put for now. Supporting Eternity, and maybe the Romans too, is the best thing we can do right now.

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 09:07 AM
I think a lot of people here are not thinking quite clearly about Humanity. Jesus should ONLY be lynched AFTER we have already found Lucifer. There is no point to until then, Etenity will not want to do it because they need disciples to withstand the onslaught. The Romans are really trying to do something without thinking about it.

Raiden
November 23rd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Emperor Tiberius Caesar Augustus must be kept alive at all costs, by both Eternity, Humanity and the Romans. It is likely that Sin will only try to kill him at night, so it would be best if the angels kept him healed once they found him. Jesus, on the other hand, should be lynched ASAP (once he's recruited enough people) so that he can get back in the game as soon as possible and help us defeat Sin.

Very unnecessary pro-romans behavior. Jesus stay away from this guy.

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 09:11 AM
>No one really want Tiberius to stay alive, Romans can win without lynching Jesus if Tiberius dies.

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 09:12 AM
@Deathfire I see what you mean, but I must disagree. While I do think that yes, Jesus should be given time to recruit, it is in both Eternity and the Romans' interest to have Jesus die at one point or another. The best thing to do would probably to have Pilate use his ability on day 5. That way, Pilate can do his thing, and Jesus will have had enough time to amass a sizeable opposition to sin. Labelling the situation as "Romans vs Eternity" sounds extremely alarmist, and it also makes you seem a little suspicious.

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 09:13 AM
I'm just saying it as I sees it.

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 09:15 AM
Why exactly does Eternity want Jesus to die? It doesn't

Also what is Pilate dies before Day 5. Do you really think Jesus will reveal himself?

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 09:16 AM
Labelling the situation as "Romans vs Eternity" sounds extremely alarmist, and it also makes you seem a little suspicious.

Romans are like Executioners trying to kill the mayor. Ya don't do it.

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 09:18 AM
Sin is a faction hell (excuse the pun) bent on killing off eternity, and the only way to stop Sin is for Jesus to die and make Lucifer vulnerable.

Yeah, it's like the Exe trying to kill the mayor - except the mayor doesn't have any extra votes and makes the GF vulnerable when he dies.

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 09:18 AM
Why exactly does Eternity want Jesus to die? It doesn't
It needs to happen at some point to kill Lucifer. Not ASAP tho, as someone said. We need to find Lucifer first.

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 09:20 AM
I noticed I sound very pro-Eternity, :P

Also, Pilate should NOT use his ability until Lucifer is found.

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 09:20 AM
Yeah, you're probably right there Illidan. Also, Angels should be focussing on finding Lucifer/Tiberius so they can keep tabs on the bad guy/heal tiberius and stop the romans from turning to sin.

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 09:21 AM
Probably also a good idea, Deathfire. (Damn, this lack of editing is really starting to get to me.)

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 09:23 AM
Yeah, you're probably right there Illidan. Also, Angels should be focussing on finding Lucifer/Tiberius so they can keep tabs on the bad guy/heal tiberius and stop the romans from turning to sin.

Why exactly would Angels heal Tiberius? They're going to heal Jesus/Disciples probably.

philie
November 23rd, 2011, 09:23 AM
oh, Nick makes me wish I was a killing role so i could kill his overconfident ass but i'm not. Inb4 someone shoots him to frame me, which i wouldnt mind because it'd rid us from the one person trying to command us all because he sees himself so much better than the rest
anyone with me? nobody? oh balls.
It seems that generally it's a good strat for everyone but 1 person atm to side with eternity. The kpn will be very low all game. for the record, kpn in previous forum mafias was 4 from day1, less people played, and all the factions were enemy of town. Now there is one enemy of everyone, and I wouldnt say he's all too powerful.
Speaking of which I recently played hommIV and angels were quite the cunts while demons were all honorable. Makes me root for the underdogs...(that is a plea not to kill me).

wolfcheese
November 23rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
This might be a stupid question but: Does Pilate have to know who Jesus is to use his ability?

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
Why exactly would Angels heal Tiberius?

Heal tiberius and stop the romans from turning to sin.

Nuff said.

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 09:28 AM
Nuff said.

Pretty sure Romans can win with Eternity if Tiberius dies.

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
Nope. They p/ much become sin aligned. Read the sticky threads, man!

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 09:31 AM
hai philie. I had the same thoughts as you actually :X

Luna
What happens if Jesus tries to convert a Roman?

It says that non-Demons will be notified of the conversion, so I assume that the Romans aren't converted but they're told they're visited?

Deathfire123
I am, its saying if Sin is destroyes and Tiberius is alive. Romans lose without lynching Jesus. But it says nothing about Sin being destroyed and Tiberius dying

@Lunavium, RIGHT!

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
Yep

"Join Sin alignment if Tiberius dies"

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 09:33 AM
What happens if Jesus tries to convert a Roman?

It says that non-Demons will be notified of the conversion, so I assume that the Romans aren't converted but they're told they're visited?
Read the last (as of now) Q&A in the first post of this thread.

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 09:34 AM
ah, missed that. Well then, maybe it is good for Eternity to heal Tiberius, MAYBE!

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
If Sin is dead and Tiberius dies, they still become sin. They go on a killing spree. Sorta like an amnesiac become GF after the whole mafia has died.

philie
November 23rd, 2011, 09:37 AM
well i wonder is deathfire is tiberius. Oh he probably is.

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
Once again, Mod Question: Can Jesus be resurrected multiple times, or just once?

philie
November 23rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
Btw im not taking notes nor am i looking deeply into shit this time. I'll be spewing random guesses and accusations like im Claw. Trust

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 09:42 AM
Btw im not taking notes nor am i looking deeply into shit this time.

Let's leave that to Yayap and Illidan with his non-Unicode text programs.

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Btw im not taking notes nor am i looking deeply into shit this time. I'll be spewing random guesses and accusations like im Claw. Trust

Good now I can be evil without philie noticing heh heh heh.... ohwait----

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Once again, Mod Question: Can Jesus be resurrected multiple times, or just once?
I would say multiple times, but you have to wait for DR to wake up to be sure.

Also i don't think you can use unicode in this forum, let me try: te​st
No, actually it seems you can. I hope it's forbidden by the rules this time too as I don't want to spend my time copypasting every damn post instead of focusing on the game. Let us know when you get online DR.

philie
November 23rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Let's leave that to Yayap and Illidan with his non-Unicode text programs.
If Yayap was Lucifer, his first action would be to shoot the demon he discovers in mediation. I'mma bet my forum mafia life on it.

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
If Yayap does that, he will be forced to give up his Oracle status

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 10:04 AM
I don't think he's allowed to kill sealed demons - wouldn't that count at killing one of your own team? It would be like a GF trying to kill a disguiser.

philie
November 23rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Yayap kills who he pleases.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 10:15 AM
Currently, I can see that

Friends of Rome:
1) Nick
2) Ubernox

Enemies of Rome:
1) philie - inciting assassination of a Roman ambassador
2) Illidan - supporting the assassination

Congratulations Ubernox. I will sing praises of your loyalty to our great Emperor once I meet him tonight. In the meantime, Sin is advised to stay away from Ubernox, who has the empire's protection!

I believe our spy Judas is out there somewhere, working hard to gain trust of the gullible Eternity. We will await the reports of our Tax Collectors before deciding on the punishment! Until then, the inciters are recorded in my book.

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 10:16 AM
I blame the teal color.

Celt
November 23rd, 2011, 10:17 AM
Hey, Sorry I'm late!

MrSmarter
November 23rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
Nick is really getting into this.

Nick
I don't think he's allowed to kill sealed demons - wouldn't that count at killing one of your own team? It would be like a GF trying to kill a disguiser.

Sealed demon appear to be Sinners. Either Eternity play dirty and incite lynches or check the Sinners with Jesus.

Zane
I'm here now and hell this day is boring guys.

MrSmarter
November 23rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Agreeing with Zane on this one.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Nick is really getting into this.

RP aside...

lol. If previous FMs are used as a benchmark. Day2 is my last day...

Dimwit
November 23rd, 2011, 10:21 AM

I think it would be more akin to the GF killing an Amnesiac who could only become mob. It hasn't been stated in any manor, as far as I can tell, but I don't see why it would be disalowed?

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 10:23 AM
And yay! My post count going up!

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 10:23 AM
Envy is advised to post more instead of killing me.

Zane
November 23rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
Over 9000!

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 10:28 AM
lol. If previous FMs are used as a benchmark. Day2 is my last day...
Kudos for your optimism

Celt
November 23rd, 2011, 10:29 AM
So, Is Yapyap Jesus? Killing him makes rome win, which creates eternity-roman-humanity versus the sin, which is much better than humanity-eternity vs roman-sin, imo

Zane
November 23rd, 2011, 10:30 AM
Why is day 1 called twilight sparkle btw? I watched Twilight and it was a great movie, but I don't get how it is connected to day 1? (Sparkling Edward is so sexy)

Brennenburg
November 23rd, 2011, 10:31 AM
Allow me to disclose my assets to you:

A castle that sits far enough away from it's closest cities to avoid attention but not far enough away to warrant a multiple day trip.
One of the greatest studies this continent has seen, filled with vast knowledge that are centuries old.
A wine cellar, to entertain and keep guests preoccupied with why they came to visit in the first place.
A refinery, which can be used to forge weapons as well as countless other metal constructs.
A prison. A fully-functional one, at that.
Multiple torture chambers, to get those who do not wish to speak, to well... speak.
An Inner Sanctum that impenetrable by mortal(and some immortal) means.

Choose wisely.

Celt
November 23rd, 2011, 10:31 AM
Why is day 1 called twilight sparkle btw? I watched Twilight and it was a great movie, but I don't get how it is connected to day 1? (Sparkling Edward is so sexy)

Twilight sparkle is one of the mane six of the TV series Mylittlepony: Friendship is magic

Zane
November 23rd, 2011, 10:34 AM
Ah ok. Why is everybody loving that pony stuff atm? I don't know, but it seems a little childish to me. What do you think will the next twilight movie still be better than harry potter?

Celt
November 23rd, 2011, 10:35 AM
Ah ok. Why is everybody loving that pony stuff atm? I don't know, but it seems a little childish to me. What do you think will the next twilight movie still be better than harry potter?

If you really think that, You're a cunt.
If You don't think that, You're still a cunt for typing it.

Celt
November 23rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
BUT. We're getting too off topic.

In my opinion, Jesus outing himself and having us lynch him is the best strategy, because-
Lucifer becomes killable
Romans Become town-alligned
Sin win

We all win!

Zane
November 23rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
Dude, why is nobody serious about twilight? If you would have watched it, you would know it's a decent movie. Don't always follow others...

Celt
November 23rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
BUT. We're getting too off topic.

In my opinion, Jesus outing himself and having us lynch him is the best strategy, because-
Lucifer becomes killable
Romans Become town-alligned
Sin win

We all win!

Not sin, I meant Human. Typing too fast without coffee is bad for me.

Kromos
November 23rd, 2011, 10:38 AM
I am Commoner and would like to be recruited into the Roman army. I agree with Nick that it wouldn't make much sense for anyone to fight the Romans and I think in joining them lies my best chance of winning. Jesus needs to be lynched anyway to make Lucifer vulnerable so the Romans can just stay out of the way until then and won't disadvantage either side.

I think Nick is a Roman as offering an alliance seems the best way for the Romans to win and even if he is not my request for recruitment still stands. I would recommend not assassinating me as Romans are neutral and won't harm humanity. I would also be replaced the following night and another commoner would become Roman and Humanity would have lost another vote.

philie
November 23rd, 2011, 10:38 AM
Kudos for your optimism
I support this

Celt
November 23rd, 2011, 10:39 AM
Dude, why is nobody serious about twilight? If you would have watched it, you would know it's a decent movie. Don't always follow others...

Okay, This is the LAST offtopic thing I will post, or You mods can modkill me.

Twilight is a shit series of books. -> "Bella" Is never described. It's the most sexist book ever. Creepiest too.
I Don't watch movies that are based on Shitty books.

Zane
November 23rd, 2011, 10:40 AM
I'm really excited for this forum mafia. Ok it is the most boring thing I could think of atm, but I don't know any roles at all, that makes this forum mafia quite interesting.

nanosystem
November 23rd, 2011, 10:41 AM
I watched it. It sucked.

Kromos
November 23rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
I've read all the twilight books and they're pretty mediocre and definitely sexist. The first movie was boring as well. Harry Potter on the other hand is the most amazing thing humanity has ever produced.

philie
November 23rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
Okay, This is the LAST offtopic thing I will post, or You mods can modkill me.

Twilight is a shit series of books. -> "Bella" Is never described. It's the most sexist book ever. Creepiest too.
I Don't watch movies that are based on Shitty books.
Dont be hard on twilight. Maybe "bella" is never described cause she's not very interesting!

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Kudos for your optimism

Hidden threats! It seemed to me that you are a Jew resisting the rule of the noble Rome. There a few Jews that dare to defy Rome so openly...

I'd like to remind Humanity that killing an agent of Rome will only weaken the Roman faction. A weak Roman faction is detrimental to Humanity and Eternity.

And I repeat! Pilates is the one who keep Tiberius safe. A vulnerable Tiberius will require protection of an Angel.

philie
November 23rd, 2011, 10:48 AM
I refuse to serve your win condition, however beneficial it is to me.
I hope you die tonite<3

Capitalier
November 23rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
Except it's not cool this time. Pro-Eternity means death at night and pro-Sin means death by lynching.

I think I sound too pro-Sin thus being suggested to be scum worth lynching by pro-Eternity Capitalier whom I cursed to die at night. Currently I see Humanity as fodder whom can hardly win alone without a sugar daddy like Roman.

That's why I say, swear allegiance to Roman!

I'm pro-Capitalier, yo.

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 10:50 AM
philie stop stealing my ideas derp

Celt
November 23rd, 2011, 10:50 AM
Philie, You like to make things hard on yourself, don't you?

Sin loses if Jesus outs himself, Quite honestly.

Nick
November 23rd, 2011, 10:55 AM
Updated list

Friends of Rome:
1) Nick - Ambassador
2) Ubernox - Loyalist
3) Brennenburg - Tiberius' body double
4) Kromos - Legionnaire recruit

Enemies of Rome:
1) philie - inciting assassination of a Roman ambassador
2) Illidan - supporting the assassination

Illidan
November 23rd, 2011, 10:58 AM
I start to see a pattern. The colors are more important than you may think.

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 10:59 AM
Indeed...

Dimwit
November 23rd, 2011, 11:07 AM
And I repeat! Pilates is the one who keep Tiberius safe. A vulnerable Tiberius will require protection of an Angel.

I'm not trying to be an ass but Pilates is a work out.

Zane
November 23rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
Nick random guesses . . . . . I join philie and illidan to help them!

Ambient
November 23rd, 2011, 11:10 AM
I refuse to serve your win condition, however beneficial it is to me.
I hope you die tonite<3

<3 Philie. At least Nick is still really getting into this.

fred
November 23rd, 2011, 11:16 AM
I've finally caught up. Maybe I'll post a bit later of my thoughts when I'm actually awake.

BorkBot
November 23rd, 2011, 11:23 AM
I have a number of questions for the God of Forum Mafia to be answered:

1. Is Tiberius able to speak with the other Romans while he has someone jailed?

2. The Rabbi is the only Humanity role that explicitly states its ability uses will still be reduced if he attempts to heal someone who is not attacked. Is the same true for Whores, Thieves and Shepherds who visit someone who performs no night action or who is not visited?

3. Are Rabbi informed whether or not their target was attacked? (and more generally speaking, do default options from the mafia wiki apply unless otherwise noted?)

4. Will Tiberius, the Assassin or the Demons specifically be informed if they tried to kill an immune target?

5. Does the Seer's Scry ability take Sealed Demons into account to determine their total number?

6. Does Lucifer appear as a commoner to Angels' investigations or is his exact role revealed like Judas?

7. When it comes to recruiting commoners, which faction goes first? Romans or Eternity?

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 11:25 AM
I am Commoner and would like to be recruited into the Roman army. I agree with Nick that it wouldn't make much sense for anyone to fight the Romans and I think in joining them lies my best chance of winning. Jesus needs to be lynched anyway to make Lucifer vulnerable so the Romans can just stay out of the way until then and won't disadvantage either side.

I think Nick is a Roman as offering an alliance seems the best way for the Romans to win and even if he is not my request for recruitment still stands. I would recommend not assassinating me as Romans are neutral and won't harm humanity. I would also be replaced the following night and another commoner would become Roman and Humanity would have lost another vote.

Tip for all newbies in Future FM's, don't do what this guy did, he basically just destroyed the point of his role: to take a bullet for a power role

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
I have a number of questions for the God of Forum Mafia to be answered:

1. Is Tiberius able to speak with the other Romans while he has someone jailed?

2. The Rabbi is the only Humanity role that explicitly states its ability uses will still be reduced if he attempts to heal someone who is not attacked. Is the same true for Whores, Thieves and Shepherds who visit someone who performs no night action or who is not visited?

3. Are Rabbi informed whether or not their target was attacked? (and more generally speaking, do default options from the mafia wiki apply unless otherwise noted?)

4. Will Tiberius, the Assassin or the Demons specifically be informed if they tried to kill an immune target?

5. Does the Seer's Scry ability take Sealed Demons into account to determine their total number?

6. Does Lucifer appear as a commoner to Angels' investigations or is his exact role revealed like Judas?

7. When it comes to recruiting commoners, which faction goes first? Romans or Eternity?

1. Probably

2. Probably

3. Probably

4. Probably

Brennenburg
November 23rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Tip for all newbies in Future FM's, don't do what this guy did, he basically just destroyed the point of his role: to take a bullet for a power role
I don't really think this mindset is relevant in this game. Humanity is allied with itself in the very loosest of senses. In my opinion, commoners should be looking out for their own interests.

divemaster127
November 23rd, 2011, 11:31 AM
Hey everyone i have a question so theres 8 sinners right and 6 sealed out of those 8?

Zack
November 23rd, 2011, 11:36 AM
Wrong Deathfire, I can understand why Kromos did that. This FM is diffrent from previous ones, its not the same as a citizen claiming in hopes of being recruited into the masons - although we've seen our fair share of that before too. Humanity this game are a large group of survivors, while we could cooperate with one another it is also possible for the group to split up and support diffrent factions, its quite interesting, heh

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 11:36 AM
No, there's 8 sinners and 6 different people who are sealed demons but look like sinners. That makes 14 people in total who appear as sinners.

Kromos
November 23rd, 2011, 11:39 AM

In a normal game of mafia I would have done this but I think my best chance of winning is with the romans. Like Brennenburg said humanity is a very loose faction and its members can choose ally themselves with whoever they want. In the case of the power roles they would choose Eternity, sinners would choose Sin and commoners could choose either eternity or the romans or just hope they survive until the end.

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 11:40 AM
Also, since Lucifer only appears as a Commoner to Angels, I would highly recommend that they focus on finding Tiberius and heal him to keep him from dying if at all possible. If he dies, Sin gains a huge advantage and gains control of all the romans, including those bodyguards and tax collectors, as well as all of the priceless information they've gathered. 'Nuff said.

divemaster127
November 23rd, 2011, 11:41 AM
oh ok thanks Ubernox

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 11:43 AM
Actually: Mod Question: Will Angels be told the identity of Lucifer if they investigate them (as opposed to other "normal" investigational roles) or will they just see him as a commoner?

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 11:44 AM
No problem bro.

CmG
November 23rd, 2011, 11:50 AM
Sure the Jews will join their surpressors the Romans as bodyguards for dieing for them. Wtf btw the Romans are the smallest faction with 1 jailor and a lot of Bodyguards. Thats cool at night but rather useless vs lynching. Don't underestimate the sheer number of the jews. Its relative easy to kick the romans fast out of the game. Eternity wants Jesus lynched if they are ready for Sin and not on a fixed date. 3 days no recruits while Sin massacres as many sheep they can? Yeah right. Sin can get a Bunch of bodyguards vs the Assassins for killing of 1 roman?
Glad i am not roman :-P

Deathfire123
November 23rd, 2011, 11:51 AM
Also, since Lucifer only appears as a Commoner to Angels, I would highly recommend that they focus on finding Tiberius and heal him to keep him from dying if at all possible. If he dies, Sin gains a huge advantage and gains control of all the romans, including those bodyguards and tax collectors, as well as all of the priceless information they've gathered. 'Nuff said.

I smell a not Roman. If you were Roman, you shouldn't care

nanosystem
November 23rd, 2011, 11:52 AM
Remember: the Legonnaires are Bodyguards. Why healing Tiberius if he will be protected by his Bodyguards anyway?

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 11:52 AM
Also - while angels can't heal each other - should Jesus recruit a rabbi, Eternity could create a limited-use healing triangle between the rabbi and the two angels, effectively making them all invulnerable for one round. Jesus "doesn't matter" in this respect as he needs to die sooner or later anyway, and chances are that Sin/assassins won't purposefully try to kill him anyway.

Zack
November 23rd, 2011, 11:53 AM
...In the case of the power roles they would choose Eternity, sinners would choose Sin and commoners could choose either eternity or the romans or just hope they survive until the end.

Directing traffic? You cannot possibly know what each person will decide, regardless of their roles. Also, the actual Sinners are the same as Commoners, with a slight diffrence of being unable to join Eternity as disciples.

Ubernox
November 23rd, 2011, 11:54 AM
Remember: the Legonnaires are Bodyguards. Why healing Tiberius if he will be protected by his Bodyguards anyway?

Double defence? I dunno, maybe multiple people may attempt to attack him. Lucifer probably has the ability to use a multiple amount of his kills on one target, and it's better to be safe than sorry.

nanosystem
November 23rd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Also - while angels can't heal each other - should Jesus recruit a rabbi, Eternity could create a limited-use healing triangle between the rabbi and the two angels, effectively making them all invulnerable for one round. Jesus "doesn't matter" in this respect as he needs to die sooner or later anyway, and chances are that Sin/assassins won't purposefully try to kill him anyway.
Why should someone heal the auto-protected angels? Also, how do you plan to make the second Angel invulnerable if there's only one Rabbi?