PDA

View Full Version : Misc minor suggestions

Thorgan
May 24th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Hey there

Really enjoying this game. Finally a map up on the popularity list where you actually have to think. No farming BS.
Very awesome :)

Just some small things that I think would make the map better:
-Please keep the class colours in all menus of setup. Then you can count mafia/town/neutral quickly without having to read though the entire list. And there's no real reason for them not to be there.
-What's up with draws? Just had a pretty cool game that should've been a draw imo. I was blackmailer and last mafia so I turned into normal mafioso. In the end only me and serial killer alive. SK wins :( That should be a draw, shouldn't it? He didn't have night immunity and we could've both just killed each other next night.
-Add some notification if PM is allowed. I know, usually it's off but the first time I played a game with PM on I didn't even know it exists or how to do it. Just feels like something that's very easy to overlook when you're very new to the game.

Just some small changes for perfectionism :]

wightsnow
May 24th, 2011, 11:03 AM
The draw-breaker is set up because the SK had to work a lot harder to get there. Also, it's easier to code this way.

Dark.Revenant
May 24th, 2011, 12:31 PM
1. I'm not sure what you are referring to. All the town are shades of green, the mafia shades of red, and neutrals a bunch of random colors. The problem with making everything unicolor is that while it's slightly easier to make a headcount, it's much harder to differentiate the various roles quickly.
2. Neutrals win ties.
3. It tells you to look at the commands list. I tried putting the commands directly into a message at the start of the game, and NOBODY READ IT. So instead the commands are thrown at the very top of the Help menu.

Thorgan
May 24th, 2011, 01:00 PM
1. I'm talking about the list of selected classes before the game starts. The list wich the host adds/removes different classes. The one on the right. There everything is gray.
2. mimimimimimimi, shouldn't matter imo :> I see where you're coming from though.
3. :O didn't see that. But I guess can't help it if people (like me) dont read entire help :7

Dark.Revenant
May 24th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I can't do a damn thing about it being gray, unfortunately. I have to keep it disabled so the players don't click through it.

Thorgan
May 24th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Sad face :(

Membrax
May 25th, 2011, 01:44 AM
I can't do a damn thing about it being gray, unfortunately. I have to keep it disabled so the players don't click through it.

Then what about sorting it by alignment ?
Say, mafia first, then town and finally neutrals.
I know I always try to order my Save Slot this way so that people can immediately understand the setup.

Dark.Revenant
May 25th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Sorting like that is a considerable undertaking for a small feature.