PDA

View Full Version : Today was bullshit

Orpz
September 3rd, 2015, 09:17 PM
I had one of those Lunchables today for dinner because my life is basically foul bachelor frog every summer. I don't know if I accidentally double stacked the ham on a previous combination or if I got gimped by the manufacturer.

Either way, I ended up having to eat a cracker and cheese combination and it was bullshit.

DarknessB
September 3rd, 2015, 09:31 PM
Ah, Lunchables -- it's really impressive how much saturated fat and salt they can put into what's effectively a small snack.

deathworlds
September 4th, 2015, 06:12 AM
Lol people can effectivly eat only 1 lunchable?

If I ate lunchables for a snack i'd have to eat like 3.

Slaol
September 4th, 2015, 06:14 AM
Lol people can effectivly eat only 1 lunchable?

If I ate lunchables for a snack i'd have to eat like 3.

The truth. Every couple of grocery store visits I get about 10 of those things thinking "this will be 10 delicious nostalgic snacks". Nope. Maybe 4.

Slaol
September 4th, 2015, 06:14 AM
I had one of those Lunchables today for dinner because my life is basically foul bachelor frog every summer. I don't know if I accidentally double stacked the ham on a previous combination or if I got gimped by the manufacturer.

Either way, I ended up having to eat a cracker and cheese combination and it was bullshit.

Always go Pizza.

Hypersniper
September 4th, 2015, 07:27 AM
i get one cracker stack hamechese cracker then ham chese cracxker till I have a mega tower then I try to eat it all by shoving it down my throat

RLVG
September 4th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Cheese on cracker is gold, especially if both is good individually.

Dagaen
September 4th, 2015, 08:31 AM
I had to google "Lunchables" to know what are you talking about:P

The idea seems really great, but do you really eat a cracker with ham and cheese? That sounds...I don't know...wrong.

Cryptonic
September 4th, 2015, 08:47 AM

The idea seems really great, but do you really eat a cracker with ham and cheese? That sounds...I don't know...wrong.

what?
Cheese/Cracker platters are a huge thing
https://www.google.ca/search?q=cheese+%26+crackers+%26+sausage+platter&safe=active&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&biw=1280&bih=907&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIg7P-8tzdxwIViVWICh2zbwg3

DarknessB
September 4th, 2015, 08:49 AM

It's actually a great good snack with quality ingredients honestly -- read, good crackers, good ham, and good cheese. It's like a mini-sandwich / sliders with tasty crackers instead of bread. Very often seen at parties -- think, the cheese and crackers tray.

The problem is more that instead of using higher quality ingredients, Lunchables just sticks crap into their products (lots of fat, lots of salt) because that's far easier and cheaper for them. Also means Lunchable can last forever on the shelf vs. real ham and cheese. I'm no health nut by any means, but I can no longer stomach Lunchables.

Cryptonic
September 4th, 2015, 08:54 AM
It's actually a great good snack with quality ingredients honestly -- read, good crackers, good ham, and good cheese. It's like a mini-sandwich / sliders with tasty crackers instead of bread. Very often seen at parties -- think, the cheese and crackers tray.

The problem is more that instead of using higher quality ingredients, Lunchables just sticks crap into their products (lots of fat, lots of salt) because that's far easier and cheaper for them. Also means Lunchable can last forever on the shelf vs. real ham and cheese. I'm no health nut by any means, but I can no longer stomach Lunchables.

It's delicious.
But yes, obviously lunchables are the lowest rung on the cheese/cracker ladder lol

DarknessB
September 4th, 2015, 08:58 AM
It's delicious.
But yes, obviously lunchables are the lowest rung on the cheese/cracker ladder lol

LOL, yup. It's pretty much intended as fast food / convenience lunch for kids to get them to shut up and stop bothering their parents. The branding / appeal was very big in the past for kids -- not as much now with the health food craze.

Frog
September 4th, 2015, 09:10 AM
foul bachelor frog

I've been summoned!

6 Rib Eye steaks broiled for crisp, oven baked for internal.

Coated and Flipped four times between cooking with a homemade BBQ sauce.

Cryptonic
September 4th, 2015, 09:12 AM
If you flip a steak 4 times, that means 1 side gets cooked more/more surface time than another.
Why would you do that.

Frog
September 4th, 2015, 09:16 AM
If you flip a steak 4 times, that means 1 side gets cooked more/more surface time than another.
Why would you do that.

You got me! 4 bastings, 3 flips. :laugh:

DarknessB
September 4th, 2015, 09:19 AM

LOL, if we were playing FM, we'd call that changed detail a scum slip. :)

Cryptonic
September 4th, 2015, 09:21 AM

8) I understood what you meant, was just being a dick HAHAHEAHEHAEHAHEHAHEAHEHAE

no one in their right mind would flip meat an even number of times!!!

RLVG
September 4th, 2015, 09:23 AM

I know someone who flipped beef 18 times, before serving it as an "angus burger" with dry salted bacon.

It was god damn delicious.

Frog
September 4th, 2015, 09:24 AM
LOL, if we were playing FM, we'd call that changed detail a scum slip. :)

:-P

Just ate the little one that looked divided. A little overcooked. That's the problem using a broiler+oven, you can't really see what's going on as easily compared to a grill.

Still, it's no lunchables. When I'm too lazy to cook, either room service or protein bars and GOMAD!!! Orpz, you still GOMADing?

Grillmaster spotted

Cryptonic
September 4th, 2015, 09:27 AM
I know someone who flipped beef 18 times, before serving it as an "angus burger" with dry salted bacon.

what a dumbass
everyone knows it would've been more delicious if flipped 17 times or 19 times lol
looool jk he's not dumb

Frog
September 4th, 2015, 09:29 AM

Wait wait wait.
18 had to represent something then.
18 bastard sons of Odin?? :laugh:
And how the hell... were they thin burgers?

*EDIT*

Just had the bigger ribeye, perfect.

DarknessB
September 4th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Wait wait wait.
18 had to represent something then.
18 bastard sons of Odin?? :laugh:
And how the hell... were they thin burgers?

*EDIT*

Just had the bigger ribeye, perfect.

He never specified how long between flips -- maybe that's his angle, lol.

Cryptonic
September 4th, 2015, 09:41 AM
He never specified how long between flips -- maybe that's his angle, lol.

maybe it was thin burgers and only left it on each side for like 10 seconds

RLVG
September 4th, 2015, 10:29 AM
maybe it was thin burgers and only left it on each side for like 10 seconds

It was about 1 and a half AA battery size tall (when lying down).
I think that's about 1.5cm, but I'm lazy as fuck to actually do the math.