PDA

View Full Version : FAQ

Forum Mafia GM
June 21st, 2015, 07:01 PM
You may post any question or concerns here.

Yayap
June 21st, 2015, 08:44 PM
Question: Does the host(s) know how to use the acp without screwing up the forums?

Forum Mafia GM
June 21st, 2015, 08:57 PM
You would have to ask Orpz that question. He is in charge of doing the ACP for us. If you want to help Orpz out, feel free to.

Orpz
June 21st, 2015, 09:07 PM
Question: Does the host(s) know how to use the acp without screwing up the forums?

Impossible to answer at the moment. I can not say I have used it before, but I have the desire and ability to learn how to use it properly over these next few weeks.

ika
June 23rd, 2015, 01:56 PM
we have bending powers? (check rules)

I will prob have more substancal quesitons later

TheDarkestLight
June 23rd, 2015, 02:06 PM
Can the Impersonator take over the King after he reveals?

Can the King be converted by the Yakuza or Inquisition after revealing? If so, does he keep his ability? If so, this literally ends the game since he can just hop on every day and instantly end it with a lynch unless he gets murdered at night, which would be unlikely if taken by a Yakuza unless the town had a Vigilante.

Can the Prince and the King win together? It specifically says the King must be dead. However the King's win condition is apparently shared with the towns, which does not require the Prince to be dead.

Forum Mafia GM
June 23rd, 2015, 02:20 PM
we have bending powers? (check rules)

Missed that, will fix.

Can the Impersonator take over the King after he reveals?

I will add to the rolecard that King cannot be impersonated or possessed after he revealed.

Can the King be converted by the Yakuza or Inquisition after revealing? If so, does he keep his ability? If so, this literally ends the game since he can just hop on every day and instantly end it with a lynch unless he gets murdered at night, which would be unlikely if taken by a Yakuza unless the town had a Vigilante.

King's rolecard said he cannot be converted. If he ever get disguised, the disguiser wont take his ability.

Can the Prince and the King win together? It specifically says the King must be dead. However the King's win condition is apparently shared with the towns, which does not require the Prince to be dead.

The Prince can win with the King, as long as the King is dead.

MattZed
June 23rd, 2015, 06:51 PM
Since there are account-changing roles, how will we receive feedback?

I believe the wincon text should include that counter-revolutionaries cannot win with the witches, yes?

Does a revealed King's lynch end day or day chat?

Who, exactly, cannot be culted?

What powers and night chats, if any, are lost upon joining the cult?

As per the recent 'ethics' discussion, is the executioner's target hidden or truly random? What about the roles of the counter revolutionaries?

Jailor/kidnapper jails every night?

Does Yakuza action count as a kill?

Does Tailor's action affect any actions that occurs upon death, or accompanying text? (IE, bombs, oracles, king, etc)

Can the king be healed of the Prince's poison?

The Jester being revealed 'to the town' means publicly revealed to everyone, right?

Are the non-kidnapper revolutionaries told who each other are?

I don't see a rolecard for the revolutionist leader.

What happens if a thief tries to steal an ability without any charges?

Do vests affect sword-kills?

When are a sword-killed player's role and last will revealed?

Can the jester/illusionist cause someone to miss feedback about being culted, mentored, posessed, or being invited by a spy?

What will end the game, exactly?

If cultists/revolutionaries achieving 51%+ does not end the game, do they still win if they then lose that majority?

Are hidden messages (IE: starting your post with a certain letter as part of something agreed in mafia night chat) legal as per the codes rule?

Arrow
June 23rd, 2015, 07:46 PM
About what date is this FM expected to begin?

Gerik
June 24th, 2015, 05:27 PM
According to the Inquisition Leader's rolecard, it loses the ability to convert once the cult reaches 6 members. Does this include dead cultists?

Forum Mafia GM
June 24th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Since there are account-changing roles, how will we receive feedback?

If you have your account taken from you, you will lose access to your account, and your main account will be notified.

If you are disguised, you will just switch account with the disguiser.

I believe the wincon text should include that counter-revolutionaries cannot win with the witches, yes?

We had it as the witch cannot win with town, and we intend to keep it that way.

Does a revealed King's lynch end day or day chat?

Rule #16: Days and nights (with the exception of day 1) will cycle every 48 hours regardless of votes. Votes will only be applied at the end of the day meaning that only the vote count at the end of the day matters. If someone reaches the required number of votes by mid-day, but enough people unvote by day's end, that person will not be lynched.

The King's vote will just count as 999. It won't end day.

Who, exactly, cannot be culted?

All roles that say "cannot be converted" cannot be culted.

What powers and night chats, if any, are lost upon joining the cult?

They become Inquisition Cultist when converted. They will lose all of their powers. They can still attend to their old night chats (if they had one) as well as attending the new Inquisition night chat.

As per the recent 'ethics' discussion, is the executioner's target hidden or truly random? What about the roles of the counter revolutionaries?

Random.

Jailor/kidnapper jails every night?

Yes

Does Yakuza action count as a kill?

No. As stated in the OoO, Yakuza convert and suicide.

Does Tailor's action affect any actions that occurs upon death, or accompanying text? (IE, bombs, oracles, king, etc)

No. If Tailor suited a bomb as the Jester, and vigilante shot the bomb. It will be revealed as Vigilante and Jester was killed.

Can the king be healed of the Prince's poison?

No.

The Jester being revealed 'to the town' means publicly revealed to everyone, right?

Yes.

Are the non-kidnapper revolutionaries told who each other are?

Yes.

I don't see a rolecard for the revolutionist leader.

Woops, will add.

What happens if a thief tries to steal an ability without any charges?

He wont get anything like if he try to steal from Peasants.

Do vests affect sword-kills?

Affects? If you meant prevent, then yes.

When are a sword-killed player's role and last will revealed?

At the end of the day.

Can the jester/illusionist cause someone to miss feedback about being culted, mentored, posessed, or being invited by a spy?

Yes. Although, the person will still have his account, and they will eventually find out they never gotten their night chats.

What will end the game, exactly?

When the Inquisition, or the Revolutionist get majority, or when all three factions(Town, Prince, and the Counter Revolutionists) win conditions are met or dead. A jester lynch also end the game immediately.

If cultists/revolutionaries achieving 51%+ does not end the game, do they still win if they then lose that majority?

They do end the game.

Are hidden messages (IE: starting your post with a certain letter as part of something agreed in mafia night chat) legal as per the codes rule?

Yes.

About what date is this FM expected to begin?

About one week after we get two or three more signs than 30.

According to the Inquisition Leader's rolecard, it loses the ability to convert once the cult reaches 6 members. Does this include dead cultists?

Yes.

MattZed
June 24th, 2015, 08:41 PM
More questions, mostly clarification on ones I asked before: (and let me know if this is becoming too many; I can try to pare down to the "most essential" questions)

The Witch's Role Card says they cannot win with the counter revolutionaries, but the win conditions at the end don't say witches or counter revolutionaries need to eliminate each other. Which is it?

So a jester/illusionist can prevent someone from knowing their role changed via blocking that feedback?

Counter Revolutionists who gain town roles do not gain the town wincon, correct?

If they do not, does the town still win if the last players remaining are all Counter Revolutionists?

When is everyone publicly notified that a sword kill occurred? If it is the end of the day, is it possible for them to still attempt to lynch the already sword-killed player? If yes, would this lynch grant an executioner win?

If the executioner accomplishes their win condition and is later converted to another role, do they need to achieve the new wincon? (and similarly for thief)

Can a student become a unique role such as Prince or King?

If they can become a Prince, can the old Prince still win if their students survives to the end and kills all of the targets?

If they become King, does the Prince need to kill this new king as well to win?

Does a student gain a new wincon if they become another role, or do they simply need to make their mentor win?

So Yakuza can convert the cult?

Similarly, cult can convert Revolutionists?

If yes to either of the above, then I have balance concerns via someone claiming ("I used to be X faction. Their members are such and such.")

What alignment do Counter Revolutionists appear as to Sheriff?

Does the Oracle reveal say who the oracle targeted, or just that person's role?

Concern: It is possible for there to be only be neutrals and revolutionists(or neutrals and cultists) remaining, but for the game to not be over. (if neutrals make up a majority) Is this intended?

What happens to the target when a thief attempts to steal an ability that does not use charges?

Forum Mafia GM
June 24th, 2015, 09:16 PM
More questions, mostly clarification on ones I asked before: (and let me know if this is becoming too many; I can try to pare down to the "most essential" questions)

We want to cover every single questions and flaws because we want you guys to have the best experience, and I know that we're not perfect. This set up is large and complicated

The Witch's Role Card says they cannot win with the counter revolutionaries, but the win conditions at the end don't say witches or counter revolutionaries need to eliminate each other. Which is it?

Hmm alright. Ill talk to my cohost about it.

So a jester/illusionist can prevent someone from knowing their role changed via blocking that feedback?

Yes. But they will still be able to find access to their night accounts.

Counter Revolutionists who gain town roles do not gain the town wincon, correct?

Yes. Counter Revolutionists can win with town, but does not need to win with town.

If they do not, does the town still win if the last players remaining are all Counter Revolutionists?

Town need to have one member survive until the end. Counter Revolutionists are not town. The answer to your question is no.

When is everyone publicly notified that a sword kill occurred? If it is the end of the day, is it possible for them to still attempt to lynch the already sword-killed player? If yes, would this lynch grant an executioner win?

Once someone killed someone with a sword, we will immediately announce that the person is killed and can no longer post. His role will be revealed at the end. Executioner have to survive to see his target lynched.

If the executioner accomplishes their win condition and is later converted to another role, do they need to achieve the new wincon? (and similarly for thief)

Yes they have to achieve the new wincon, otherwise they might gamethrow for their faction.

Can a student become a unique role such as Prince or King?

If they find the Prince or the King before Day 3, yes.

If they can become a Prince, can the old Prince still win if their students survives to the end and kills all of the targets?

No. The original Prince must survive until the end.

If they become King, does the Prince need to kill this new king as well to win?

Yes.

Does a student gain a new wincon if they become another role, or do they simply need to make their mentor win?

Both.

So Yakuza can convert the cult?

Yes.

Similarly, cult can convert Revolutionists?

Yes.

If yes to either of the above, then I have balance concerns via someone claiming ("I used to be X faction. Their members are such and such.")

Yes, but the Leader are allowed to kill their own members if needed. I will discuss with my cohost to figure out a way to prevent this from happen

What alignment do Counter Revolutionists appear as to Sheriff?

Counter Revolutionists

Does the Oracle reveal say who the oracle targeted, or just that person's role?

Oracle will reveal the target and his role.

Concern: It is possible for there to be only be neutrals and revolutionists(or neutrals and cultists) remaining, but for the game to not be over. (if neutrals make up a majority) Is this intended?

If the neutral outnumber the cultists, then it won't end.

What happens to the target when a thief attempts to steal an ability that does not use charges?

If he steal an ability, then it's a one time use ability.

Forum Mafia GM
June 24th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Make sure you check the Updates

Witch can no longer win with Counter Revolutionist.

If the Leader or the majority of Revolutionist successfully killed a converted Revolutionist, One random Inquisition Cultist will also die.
Same goes with yakuza'd Inquisition Cultist.

MattZed
June 24th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Further balance concern on conversion: What would prevent the ex-Revolutionist/Cult from telling their partners who their former allies were, and having one of these new allies reveal the roles in the day chat?

Yeah, will continue discussing, but I think we might leave it as it is.

What happens if the cult/revolutionists try to send an ex-member to perform the factional kill?

Nothing happens

Once a student chooses a mentor, when does the pairing take effect?

The next night.

I'd like to make sure my question about students becoming Princes was not skipped.

Answered Sorry.

Forgive me if this point seems belabored, but I still don't get the thief. Let's say the thief visits the doctor. What happens to the doctor?

Nothing. The thief will be able to heal someone though.

Can the thief get any abilities from visiting the Inquisition Leader? If so, what?

He will be able to steal a kill from the Inquisition Leader.

Can a thief discard stored uses of abilities? (ie, if they gain one they've already used, visit body double, etc)

No.

How does the revolutionist detection immunity interact with detective/lookout?

It will just say that Revolutionist Leader did not visit anyone, or anyone visited him.

The mason leader role card says he knows who tried to convert him, but does not give him immunity to conversion. Is this an oversight?

Yes it is. Will add that Mason Leader cannot convert anyone.

Balance concern: It seems a little too easy if a revolutionist spy can talk to the kidnapper.

Yes.

Do players keep their items (vests, swords, one-time thief abilities) upon being converted?

Yes.

Who does the witch have to manipulate in order to control factional actions?

Whoever is being sent to do the action. This apply to detective as well.

Can the witch force a person without the ability to visit at night into performing a no-action visit? (to visit a sentry, add suspicion to visit checkers, etc)

Yes.

Can a witch try to make someone someone visit the dead? (since there could be an amnesiac) If yes, I am going to have a lot of specific questions about this.

No.

Can a witch manipulate a dead ghost?

No.

If a witch manipulates a mason leader, which visit will they use?

Whatever action Mason Leader tried to use, will remain the same but different target. Same goes to Informer.

How about Jester/Illusionist?

Same thing.

Can the swordsmith/armorsmith give items to themselves?

No.

Can doctor visit themselves?

No.

What happens if a person is attacked, poisoned, and visited by a doctor in the same night? What if the poison was last night, but the attack and doctor visit were tonight?

Doctor heal one attack only. He will heal whatever is first in the OoO, or a random attack.

I find it odd that role checkers go before all conversions, but after the amnesiac and student. Is this intentional?

Yes.

If a bodyguard blocks someone and successfully stops a kill, who will they appear to have visited to investigative roles?

Whoever the bodyguard protect, if mafia attacked A and bodyguard protect A from the mafia, it will appear as bodyguard protecting A.

Will the killer appear to have visited them?

If you are talking about the bodyguard, the killer will appear to visit A, otherwise whoever the killer kill.

Can a bodyguard be healed?

Yes.

Does a Forger's editing a last will count as a visit?

Yes.

Does the Revolutionist Leader's attack immunity prevent the Prince's poison from working?

Yes.

How about vests?

It will destroy the vest, but the target will live.

If a player anticipates being attacked multiple times and has multiple vests, can they use more than one charge at a time?

Yes.

Which takes the hit first: a manual vest or an autovest? (if it is possible to use both in the same night)

A manual vest because the person is putting it on him while the autovest is already on him.

Forum Mafia GM
June 24th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Yo, I apologize for accidentally editing your post instead of quoting it xD

MattZed
June 24th, 2015, 11:01 PM
Yo, I apologize for accidentally editing your post instead of quoting it xD
Well, with how long my posts are getting, I figure that's the space-efficient way to do it.

ika
June 25th, 2015, 08:35 AM
i find editing in is easier IMO makes less clutter

FM Johnny Bravo
July 1st, 2015, 12:05 PM
Will we be using vote tags mama?

Forum Mafia GM
July 1st, 2015, 12:45 PM
Will we be using vote tags mama?

yes

FM Tweety Bird
July 1st, 2015, 05:45 PM
If the Leader or the majority of Revolutionist successfully killed a converted Revolutionist, One random Inquisition Cultist will also die.
Same goes with yakuza'd Inquisition Cultist.

I'm not sure I follow. What I got from this is: if one of the revolutionists is converted to cult, and the remaining revolutionists kill their former ally, not only will that revolutionist-turned-cultist die, but another (random) member of the cult will die as well. Do I have that right? If so, I'm still not sure how Yakuza fits into this.

Yes. If yakuza convert a cult, he will get his night chat access, and if the cult kill that yakuza before he yak someone else, a random mafia will also die.

Can Yakuza conversion occur on the same night as a factional kill?

Yes.

Yakuza role card states that the converted player will have "same actions" once converted. Does this mean "the same actions they had before they were converted" or "same actions as the Yakuza"?

Same actions as Yakuza. Yakuza can keep converting and killing himself.

Can a Yakuza who is converting someone be saved from death by heals/vests/etc.?

No. Unless the yakuza himself is healed, then you would have the original and the converted yakuza. (2 yakuza)

Do heals/vests prevent conversion by Yakuza/cult?

No.

Will a Yakuza die if an attempted conversion fails?

No.

You said vests prevent sword kills... Does this mean only auto-vests prevent them? Or can manual vests be put on during the day?

Autovest can prevent them. Manual vests can be used during the day.

If manual vests can be used during the day (and not broken by a day kill), will the user still be able to survive an attack at night, or does the vest "expire" at the end of the day?

Expire.

Does a thief actually steal the charges of an ability or just copy them?(ie. thief successfully steals from an armorsmith with 4 charges. Does the armorsmith now only have 3 charges?)

Yes.

Will a sword rigged by a fabricator still kill its intended victim, or will it only kill the user?

Only the user.

If a person has multiple items and is targeted by a fabricator, are ALL held items rigged? If not, how is it decided which item gets rigged.

Whatever item the user had first will be rigged.

Does a fabrictor's rigging disable autovests?

Yes.

FM Charlie Brown
August 11th, 2015, 08:51 PM
According to the Inquisition Leader's rolecard, it loses the ability to convert once the cult reaches 6 members. Does the Inquisition Leader count in this count of 6?