PDA

View Full Version : FM Point System.

Firebringer
June 8th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Not going to use a site poll but let me know by voting here if you would actually use the rewards:
http://www.strawpoll.me/4585649

The purpose of this system is to encourage people to play FMs, and of course give them some preference over people who don’t play as frequent. No one is required to use rewards in their setup (obviously). This system monitors all games, that start from now to whenever I stop recording my point system.

REWARDS:
1,000 Points—Black List
5,000 Points---Prefer List
10,000 Points---VIP List
Possible more as people earn points.

HOW TO EARN THEM:
Play FM obviously.

Default [Just for Playing the Game]-10 Points.
Default Accomplish Win Condition-100 Points.
Achievements-Are given out in certain setups and decided beforehand in the setup, if described in setup and you achieve it you will get those points. I must approve the achievement if you have one in your setup.

How the Rewards work-
Black List: Message me before game is started but after you sign up to tell me what roles you blacklist. Limited to 3 roles. First I roll to see the available roles in the game. If your role that you blacklisted isn’t in there it is ignored. If it is role available you will have a 10% dice role that will determine if you will be locked out of that as POSSIBLE role. This is first come serve. If somehow everyone actually has a role blacklisted and eliminated as possibility last person messaged me will get that as a possibility.

Prefer: Message me before game is started but after you sign up to tell me what roles you prefer. Works similar to Blacklist but instead works as so that you will get that role if it’s AVAILABLE. First all game roles are determined then if your role is available among that list you will get an additional 10% dice role to auto get that role. If successful you get that role locked in, if failure you can still get that role by just the random role assignment. Limited to 3 roles.

VIP: You can have 5 blacklisted roles or 5 prefer roles. Or 3 Prefer and 3 Black List.

I will make a spreadsheet with who has points and how much.

BananaCucho
June 8th, 2015, 10:14 PM
There's already a ladder

TheDarkestLight
June 8th, 2015, 10:25 PM
I hate the blacklist and prefer system in SC2Mafia. The site does not need it.

SuperJack
June 9th, 2015, 12:52 AM
+1

To the list of bad ideas from Firebringer.

Still love you though.

ika
June 9th, 2015, 03:09 AM
I can already telll you that I would not be using this as a host

Cryptonic
June 9th, 2015, 05:13 AM
Nah

RLVG
June 9th, 2015, 07:29 AM
In SC2Mafia, it's fine as it's real time messages and the games are short.
There's literally tons and tons of random players and all are having their own individual personalities.
There's far too many setups to look out for and too many roles.
Names are also generated anonymously, or handpicked which is different than confirmed.
Teamwork is mandatory, but not always a requirement.

In Forum Mafia, it's not fine because it's in forum posts and games can last a full 24 / 48 hours just for an ingame day or night to pass.
The players know eachothers in an accepted environment and personalities are easily seen.
The setup is presented to us in which we can study in great detail here and now.
Names are confirmed unless we use anon, and even then we can figure out eventually who it is with a good mind.
Teamwork is mandatory and is an actual requirement.

Also, it's a great bias as those who prefer and those who blacklist has already broken the host-meta of the game, causing the game to become critically easy for the town itself.

I'm quite against any favoring.
What I prefer : The players will all receive random roles, not handpicked at all, and all named roles in setup is a possibility.

Bruno
June 9th, 2015, 09:01 AM
LAME AS SHIT

Firebringer
June 9th, 2015, 09:55 AM
I am not going to do record tracking of all games if nobody is going to use it. Just waste of my time.

Here is a vote you can decide:
http://www.strawpoll.me/4585649

If I get enough people, at least 40% who say they will use it, I will keep track of the points and allow the rewards to be used in my setups. Hosts can always not use them in their setups which judging by this thread most of you won't.

BananaCucho
June 9th, 2015, 11:10 AM
I am not going to do record tracking of all games if nobody is going to use it. Just waste of my time.

lol nobody asked you to. No need to get salty

Firebringer
June 9th, 2015, 11:13 AM
lol nobody asked you to. No need to get salty
Not really salty, just analyzing the benefit vs costs of implementing it.

If the benefit is one player is using this out of say 10, its just not worth the cost (my time) to put it n.

BananaCucho
June 9th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Not really salty, just analyzing the benefit vs costs of implementing it.

If the benefit is one player is using this out of say 10, its just not worth the cost (my time) to put it n.
Your poll is currently at 100%.... no lol

Firebringer
June 9th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Your poll is currently at 100%.... no lol

Again that's fine, just means less work for me.

Just something I thought you guys would enjoy :P