PDA

View Full Version : The Alibi

Celt
October 30th, 2011, 01:44 PM
[quote=Celt;43825]

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4559980/pinkielateral2.png

Rules:

Okay, so these things are little riddles called "lateral thinking puzzles"!! They suggest situations that sound really weird, but make so much more sense once you explain them. Yes, YOU!!!! Your job in this fun little thread is to solve the riddle... and you have as many guesses as you like!!!

If you were just guessing, though, we'd probably be here all day. So, you can also ask an unlimited number of yes or no questions! I will answer everypony's questions with "yes", "no", or "irrelevant", irrelevant as in you're asking something that just has nothing to do with the answer, silly!

If nopony gets the answer for a while, I'll give you all a hint! I usually have at least a couple of juicy hints for every riddle, so feel free to ask for one if you're collectively stumped! :D

Be careful, though! These questions can be really tricky, and you often have to take a step to the side in your assumptions to set your hooves back on the right path. You gotta think laterally!

The Alibi:
A Brony was assaulted by a communist, and left for dead. but a broctor nursed him back to full health.
The crime was commited at 1AM, Pony Standard.

There were many suspects, but Comrade Phil (The first) Was Executed, Even though he was seen at a bar at 1AM all the way through to 7AM.

How is this possible?

jaczac
October 30th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Assaulted in the bar.

duh

Janice
October 30th, 2011, 02:10 PM
he was a COMrade, and he was executed for it, not because he killed a brony

Celt
October 30th, 2011, 02:28 PM
he was a COMrade, and he was executed for it, not because he killed a brony

Irrelevant

Ash
October 30th, 2011, 05:16 PM
thats me who your talking about, im going to assault u next Celt, until all the ponyfags die.

Pedobear
October 30th, 2011, 05:32 PM
He is jesus.

VinnyBagODonuts
October 31st, 2011, 06:34 PM
thats me who your talking about, im going to assault u next Celt, until all the ponyfags die.

There's no need to be blindly hateful, and there's no need to bring the Clan wars into a place where the Clan wars don't belong. Keep it in the ring, please.

Celt
November 1st, 2011, 09:01 AM

There's no need to be blindly hateful, and there's no need to bring the Clan wars into a place where the Clan wars don't belong. Keep it in the ring, please.

? For you

Prism
November 1st, 2011, 05:48 PM
Phil hired someone else to beat the dude to death, even though he was at a bar he was still responsible, having hired a hit man n all, therefore, he was still executed

Celt
November 1st, 2011, 06:22 PM
Phil hired someone else to beat the dude to death, even though he was at a bar he was still responsible, having hired a hit man n all, therefore, he was still executed

No. There was no second party involved.

Prism
November 3rd, 2011, 07:11 AM
He beat someone up then hopped a plane to a different timezone where it was 1am again?

Celt
November 3rd, 2011, 07:12 AM
He beat someone up then hopped a plane to a different timezone where it was 1am again?

Getting closer.

TheWaaagh
November 3rd, 2011, 11:56 AM

Can I just say how funny it is that a fan of pokemon is so aggressive towards fans of my little pony? Sounds like someone's trying to deal with some issues of their own.

Anyway, back to the puzzle, you never answered the first question, about whether the guy was assaulted in the bar.

Then again, you said the differing time zones was at play, so I'll ask if it was daylight savings time? He killed the guy at 1:59 am right before the clocks were set back, leaving the body to be found at "1:00 am", and he was at the bar for the next six hours.

Prism
November 3rd, 2011, 05:03 PM
Also, being unfamiliar with these kinda puzzles; How close exactly do we have to be in the answer? Like, would it matter if I guess again and just reverse the order: He was in a bar from 1am - 7am then flew somewhere 8 hours behind, beat someone up then left, the body was found an hour later at 1am?

striker999
November 7th, 2011, 03:37 AM
ZZZ. the COMrade was executed because everybody suspected him
you didn't say there was any evidence that suggest him being guilty.