PDA

View Full Version : COMPILATION OF GOOD SUGGESTIONS

sixsixsix
April 28th, 2015, 01:52 AM
since no real actions has taken place, i decided to compile all suggestions that has been looked at in a positive manner so far, and would like to request staff to put polls up.

as sadly most of you may know, sc2 mafia is slowly dying due to the slowdowns these past weeks/months i guess ( i notice these things even if staff doesnt usually post them)

so i decided to lively it up a little bit, and to push people a little towards action, the last major update was a while ago...

here are the following suggestions:

Old Spy and mention of a ventriloquist (good idea)

Idea from Firebringer on April 27th, 2015

I demand that we bring back a option for Spy to be able to read PMs!

I have had multiple people in games, and some staff say they miss the old spy. Anyone else like for there to be at least a option to bring back the old beloved spy?

I understand it gives another easy to confirm role to town, but you could always not have the option in your save if you don't want it. I just want the option!

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/30744-Spy-Options

Jailor Failure

idea from BananaCucho on April 8th, 2015

Currently there is an option where kidnapped players can escape a kidnapper's execution, but not a jailor. There is a message that the player gets saying that they were going to be executed but that they escaped.

I suggest giving the same message to tell players that are jailed by a jailor and escape due to the jailor being role blocked. This makes it more interesting where its harder to tell if you were jailed by a jailor or kidnapper, because currently when that happens its easy to call out that there's a kidnapper and their cover is blown. With role blocked jailors having the same message it gives them a little leeway in being able to claim they were role blocked.

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/30526-Jailor-role-blocked-message

the Drunk Master

Idea from lingsarecute on April 20th, 2015 (no replies? im surprised i find this a really potentially fun and good role!)

I know that people have been talking about this for a long time. And I also know that moderators don't want to add any OP roles.
But I just feel like this is the most fun and balanced role of bartender.

Bartender
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Crimes:
None/Bootlegging(after using ability)
Not Suspicious
Victory condition: Survive and see the Town lose the game
Description: You are an evil inkeeper that illegally sells alcoholic liquor
Passive ability:
Unique role. There can be only 1 Bartender in game.
You hear all night chat(cult, mason, mafia, triad). You know the talking person's faction at night but you don't know the name of that person.
Night action: You can visit up to 3 people at night making them drunk
Role options:
- Victim knows that he is drunk - ON
- Victim doesn't remember anything - OFF
- Visiting Jailor or Kidnapper will cause him to execute - ON
- Visiting Veteran will cause him to go on alert - ON

DRUNK MECHANIC:
It takes 2 days without roleblock for bartender to make alcohol. Using ability with less than 3 people will use all of his charges. He can't have more than 3 charges stacked.
When you're drunk you will target random living player even if you normally can't.
You can't have both the first and the second option ON. (You can't know that you were drunk if u don't remember anything)

Strategy:
As a Bartender you have to listen to the chat(day and night) and try to figure out who is evil or town.
At the 3rd night you can visit 3 townies and cause a chaos in the entire town(jailors executing, invests finding mafia) ^^
You can do that again at the 6th night and so on...
You're basically an evil mass role-blocker.

P.S Yes the veteran will 100% kill you when he's drunk.

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/30649-Bartender

Dexter

Idea by lingsarecute on April 19th 2015 (even tho lingsarecute thinks the opposite, i find this is another good role)

I was bored so I just wrote this role suggestion.
P.S I'm pretty sure that it's a sh*t role.

PSYCHOPATH
Alignment: Neutral Benign
Crimes:
None/Trespass(After poisoning)/Trespass and murder(after successfully killing someone)
Not Suspicious/Not Suspicious(After poisoning)/Serial Killer(after successfully killing someone
Victory condition: Survive
Description: Mentally ill citizen that will kill anyone that stands in his path.
Night action: You can poison someone at night (limited to 1)
Role options:
- Limited to 2 visits – ON
- Limited to 3 visits – OFF
- Ignores invurnerability - ON

POISON MECHANICS:
After visiting someone the person will be poisoned.
THIS DOESN'T COUNT AS AN ATTACK(Target cannot be healed, protected by bg)
Poisoned person will die next night due to heart attack(person will recieve message at the beginning of the 2nd night - You're feeling sick...).
On 2nd night town will recieve message that the poisoned person is having a heart attack (regular afk msg).
Upon dying the person will recieve death message - You have been poisoned! Your died to heart attack.
Town will recieve regular afk death message.

P.S Doc can heal poisoned person - but that won't happen very often cause [poisoned person] is seen as afker.

Comment:
You're basically an alternative version of survivor(that can kill ^^).
You shouldn't reveal your role d1 as survivor - you can kill people, town won't trust you.
You shouldn't use your poison first night cause you will be framed as a serial killer.
You can use your ability to kill town or night-immune last evil(sk/mm/arson/gf/dh).

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/30640-Psychopath

new options

Idea by Cryptonic on April 20th, 2015 (great new options ideas here, not only from this quoted post but others are mentioned please go see link)

I thought that this method would be useful to find a niche in the game that isn't yet taken by a game, which can then be used to create roles.

Here are some ideas, mainly from FM:
- Create anonymous temporary night chats between 2 players.
- Swap targets of two players.
- Reflect night actions back to sender.
- Kill target's target.

Can anyone think of any others?

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/30650-ITT-We-discuss-possible-role-actions-(not-actual-roles)

multiple new roles

Idea by Stealthbomber16 on April 24th, 2015 (I personally like the Daykiller(Sniper) one... anotherway to count a big role like mayor or marshall... currently the only role that counters those roles are the judge... and i feel we need more than one way to counter it (of course i would put it either as Neutral killing, or that it cant be in the same setup as a judge))

Lets be completely honest. There is a need of revamp in SC2 Mafia. We need new roles and just all around new stuff. Therefore I propose we all think of 5 things we need in mafia. They can be roles, they can be models, they can be anything. Just, make it serious.
Oh yea, and this is just for fun unless Dark mysteriously reappears to update mafia again from his working on Town of Salem (just an assumption, they have a skin under his name to buy)

5. Scumbag win background
come on guys...

4. Daykiller(Sniper) Role
WAIT WAIT WAIT HEAR ME OUT ON THIS ONE
I know what your thinking
"crap, this is vigilante but x2 worse"
We give the mafia a new killing role.
Sniper
- Mafia Killing
You may kill someone during the day ONE TIME by typing -kill #.
Last wills by these people are left at the end of the day, along with death notes.
It isn't that bad if you give it to mafia.

3. Retributionist Role (From Town of Salem)
Recently I've gotten into Town of Salem. Its like Sc2 Mafia but with a better community and some different roles. And while I don't think we will be any good with the medium (Ability to talk to the dead chat at night) I think that the Retributionist will be IMPOSSIBLE to gamethrow with.
Retributionist
- Town Power
Can revive one dead town player.
The retributionist, I feel, will be a welcome addition to mafia encouraging people to stay to the end.

2. A bit more terminology for Bus Driver kills (wat)
I've seen it happen before
"Hit by a bus"
How does this work?
I'm assuming this is the bus driver kill description, and I'm assuming the bus driver can kill because its in his possible crimes.
Can this be explained?

1. Bestmas Shake Reduction
I feel I've killed this one to death already.
(http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...s-Gamethrowing)

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/30708-Stuff-we-need-in-mafia

Parasite Infection

Idea by BananaCucho (actually from Cryptonic technically...) on April 20th, 2015

I got this idea from Cryptonic's S-FM and think it can work in the mod.

Parasite acts like disguiser. Kill and disguise as another player at night. Can kill and disguise as the mafia, but will not participate in mafia night chat (kinda like when mason is disguised). Cannot kill night immune players obviously. Parasite jumps before GF or other neutral killing roles kill.

Parasite does not get to see or modify the new hosts last will. When he leaves one host for another, the previous last will is displayed under the role of "parasite" (coroner can discover what previous role was).

In order to make it more interesting, either parasite is not night immune, or is night immune but if it fails to jump to a new host after two nights it dies.

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/30651-Neutral-Killing-Parasite

Jesterising it up!... FINALLY

FINALLY someone as awesome as me :D got to attention at the jester... Jester was like... never touched or modified? so it really needs a touch up because its way too easy to play as the jester right now... i even consider it OP because of the extreme ease to win with it lol

i got this (potentially) bright idead:

add an option in setup that you can turn on or off depending on setups that:

- all guilty voters die

i dont see it as a potential threat to balance as

1. people seem to be more and more cautious about jesters
2. this should reduce by at least some amount random lynchings
3. mafia, Triad, and other neutral roles will think twice before voting up someone
4. this could rebalance a little bit the game since there (seems) to be worse and worse players as townies compared to 3 years ago

let me know what you think!

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/30725-New-option-for-jester

for more info please visit the links.

if we dont want mafia to die off (wich i really hope is the case with everyone here) we need new stuff. maybe not ALL of it, but at least like... half of it?

tweaks and stuff can definitely be talked about those are suggestions NOT "final forms" xD

please id like for this to grab the attention of as many staff as possible to make sure it goes through

lingsarecute
May 4th, 2015, 12:06 PM
YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

There are my suggestions :3

3. Retributionist Role (From Town of Salem)
Recently I've gotten into Town of Salem. Its like Sc2 Mafia but with a better community and some different roles. And while I don't think we will be any good with the medium (Ability to talk to the dead chat at night) I think that the Retributionist will be IMPOSSIBLE to gamethrow with.
Retributionist
- Town Power
Can revive one dead town player.
The retributionist, I feel, will be a welcome addition to mafia encouraging people to stay to the end.

I don't think that the retributionist should be in mafia - because of the community.
Some townie dies and then he will ask the mafia who are the mafia members. Then the retributionist revives him and BOOM!
All remaining mafia members get lynched next day. It would certainly take a long time for people to adjust to this new role. And it could ruin a lots of new games :(

4. Daykiller(Sniper) Role
WAIT WAIT WAIT HEAR ME OUT ON THIS ONE
I know what your thinking
"crap, this is vigilante but x2 worse"
We give the mafia a new killing role.
Sniper
- Mafia Killing
You may kill someone during the day ONE TIME by typing -kill #.
Last wills by these people are left at the end of the day, along with death notes.
It isn't that bad if you give it to mafia.

It sounds like a good idea but the instant mayor kill would be a bit annoying and frustrating for town.
Ventriloquist would be way better counter and more skill-focused role.

Idea by BananaCucho (actually from Cryptonic technically...) on April 20th, 2015

I got this idea from Cryptonic's S-FM and think it can work in the mod.

Parasite acts like disguiser. Kill and disguise as another player at night. Can kill and disguise as the mafia, but will not participate in mafia night chat (kinda like when mason is disguised). Cannot kill night immune players obviously. Parasite jumps before GF or other neutral killing roles kill.

Parasite does not get to see or modify the new hosts last will. When he leaves one host for another, the previous last will is displayed under the role of "parasite" (coroner can discover what previous role was).

In order to make it more interesting, either parasite is not night immune, or is night immune but if it fails to jump to a new host after two nights it dies.

I see a lots of potention in this role.
It's basically a serial-killer combined with disguiser.
To balance it, the role should have 1 night between attacks(can be changed in setup as in mm).