View Full Version : FAQ

Forum Mafia GM
December 13th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Ask questions here.

ika
December 14th, 2014, 12:44 AM
OoO?
1v1 tie rulings?
can we have explicit wincons shown to avoid ambungity? (ie town: elminate mafia, evil neutral and have surviving memebr)
is there a name of the annons being used already made?
feedbacks list?
is it possible for rp to contain clues or hints about the game

I will propb have more role related ideas and stuff when im not as tired and go time to sit down and churn it all out

Slaol
December 14th, 2014, 02:22 AM
OoO?
1v1 tie rulings?
can we have explicit wincons shown to avoid ambungity? (ie town: elminate mafia, evil neutral and have surviving memebr)
is there a name of the annons being used already made?
feedbacks list?
is it possible for rp to contain clues or hints about the game

I will propb have more role related ideas and stuff when im not as tired and go time to sit down and churn it all out

Coming in the next few days, we just worked for some 4 straight hours so we are breaking.

Repeat.

Win conditions will be clear and direct.

The accounts? They have been decided.

Also coming.

Possibly. Not confirmed or ruled out.

Helios
December 14th, 2014, 02:43 AM
Can the Avatar and Iroh turn EVERY player into ANY role? (If not please make it clear in the setup)
If yes, does it change their faction?
Can the Caporegime turn town and neutral evil roles into fire antion roles and will they be in the Fire nation faction then?
How can you become a white Lotus?
And can the other Fire nation members get killed through Azulas charges?

Just a few questions from my side.^^

Lysergic
December 14th, 2014, 04:48 AM
Can a Truthseer be fooled by a Framer?
If a Truthseer checks a post that says, "This statement is a lie," does the FM break?

Forum Mafia GM
December 14th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Can the Avatar and Iroh turn EVERY player into ANY role? (If not please make it clear in the setup)
If yes, does it change their faction?
Can the Caporegime turn town and neutral evil roles into fire antion roles and will they be in the Fire nation faction then?
How can you become a white Lotus?
And can the other Fire nation members get killed through Azulas charges?

Just a few questions from my side.^^

1. No. This is explained in the Special Mechanics thread. You may only receive a role from your alignment.
2. N/A
3. Caporegime can only exist in the Fire Nation and can only target other members of the Fire Nation.
4. The same way you become a sheriff or a doctor.
5. Yes.

Can a Truthseer be fooled by a Framer?
If a Truthseer checks a post that says, "This statement is a lie," does the FM break?

1. No. Framing does not affect the posts of a player. Thus, truthseeing ignores framing.
2. Yes. The FM breaks and immediately ends (loljk).

Real answer: Truthseeing detects whether or not there are any lies within a given post and only receives a yes or no confirmation from the hosts ("Yes, there is a lie somewhere in the post" or "No, the entire post is true"). As such, if that statement (or a similar statement with no/impossible to determine truth value) is in a larger post, it will be ignored and the truth seeing will assess whether or there are any lies in the remainder of the post. If there is a post that contains nothing but similar statements, a truthseer would be very unwise to select it as it would give them no information about the game whatsoever.

Lysergic
December 14th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Okay, related question.

Since the Truthseer selects a specific post, can their feedback be manipulated by roles like Witch, Bus Driver, etc.?
It presumably can be roleblocked like any other night action, yeah?

EDIT:

Also, what happens if Aang and Iroh visit the same person at night?

EDIT 2:

Also, is Ghost a secondary role? His role card doesn't really explain what he's supposed to do. Some of the other neutrals are similarly unclear: Ghost, Judge, Locksmith, Private Eye, Sadist, and Stalker.

I notice that the Special Mechanics thread says that secondary roles are of the same alignment. By this, do you mean that secondary roles share your initial role's win condition (thus making is possible for your secondary role to be one of the above mentioned benign neutrals, while your win condition remains unchanged from your primary role) or do you mean that the secondary roles are pulled from your alignment's role list (e.g. town roles, mafia roles)? Basically, is it possible to be Citizen/Private Eye in the first instance, or only something like Citizen/Blacksmith in the second?

And since I'm thinking about it now, is Citizen a potential secondary role? Like... could I be a Jailor, get visited by Aang, and then have my excitement dashed when I roll Citizen as my secondary? If so... wai?

clementine
December 14th, 2014, 08:07 PM
"If you share a common active prep with any Arsonist, Associate, or Technician, you will also Sabotage every player they had setup to Sabotage."
What role is the Associate? I assume you mean the Phoenix King?

Does the Phoenix King and Technician's Prep give feedback like the Arsonist's?

Does Charging give feedback?

For the overlord: "Your puppets, will be prevented from earning feedback not directly associated with their role." Does this mean a puppet who receives a 1-use gun will gain a 1-use gun but not be notified that they have it?

If you gain a secondary role that allows you to act during the day, can you use it in addition to an action that allows you to act during the night? (i.e. marshall and lookout)

Locksmith: "During the next day you may analyze their feedback, and should you properly guess the players role you will gain the ability to use their night action at night." Do you have to guess primary and all revealed secondary roles? Or does guessing one of their roles gain you usage of the role you guessed correctly?

Sadist: "Should you successfully haunt a player there will be no day start information." Is the act of haunting someone without being roleblocked a "successful haunting", or is a "successful haunting" if your target is attacked and you get to kill the attacker?

Forum Mafia GM
December 16th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Okay, related question.

Since the Truthseer selects a specific post, can their feedback be manipulated by roles like Witch, Bus Driver, etc.?
It presumably can be roleblocked like any other night action, yeah?

Since witches and bus drivers target players and truthseeing targets a specific post, witches and bus drivers cannot manipulate the truthseeing. The truthseer will still receive witched/bussed feedback, and any non-truthseeing abilities the truthseer might use (ie. secondary roles, one-shot guns, etc.) may still be manipulated by witch/bd).

EDIT:

Also, what happens if Aang and Iroh visit the same person at night?

Their shared target hits the fucking jackpot (they receive both of their secondary roles).

EDIT 2:

Also, is Ghost a secondary role? His role card doesn't really explain what he's supposed to do. Some of the other neutrals are similarly unclear: Ghost, Judge, Locksmith, Private Eye, Sadist, and Stalker.

All power roles, including the ones you mentioned, may be primary or secondary. None are fixed as one or the other except the roles that are confirmed to be in the game (ie. Aang, Ozai, Iroh, etc.)

Win conditions are coming soon™ which will hopefully clear some things up. But if there's something more specific/not win-con related that I can clear up, let me know.

I notice that the Special Mechanics thread says that secondary roles are of the same alignment. By this, do you mean that secondary roles share your initial role's win condition (thus making is possible for your secondary role to be one of the above mentioned benign neutrals, while your win condition remains unchanged from your primary role) or do you mean that the secondary roles are pulled from your alignment's role list (e.g. town roles, mafia roles)? Basically, is it possible to be Citizen/Private Eye in the first instance, or only something like Citizen/Blacksmith in the second?

When we say that the role must share your starting alignment, we mean that if you are assigned the role of citizen, which is aligned with town, then the only roles you can get as secondary roles are other town-aligned roles. If you are in the fire nation, you can only get fire nation roles. So there will be no citizen/ghosts, no consort/serial killers, etc. Your win condition doesn't change in these cases because all your roles have the same one.

For the Cabbage merchant, it's a tad different. He still only gets roles from the neutral alignment, but due to the nature of neutral roles, this means the cabbage merchant gains additional win conditions if visited by Aang and/or Iroh. So for the cabbage merchant, completing any one of his roles' win conditions will earn him his win.

And since I'm thinking about it now, is Citizen a potential secondary role? Like... could I be a Jailor, get visited by Aang, and then have my excitement dashed when I roll Citizen as my secondary? If so... wai?

No, citizen can only be a primary role.

What role is the Associate? I assume you mean the Phoenix King?

Yes. This has been changed in the setup to reflect as much. Hopefully all instances of it have been found and changed, but if not just pretend that it says Phoenix King.

Does the Phoenix King and Technician's Prep give feedback like the Arsonist's?

They all give the same feedback.

Does Charging give feedback?

Yes.

For the overlord: "Your puppets, will be prevented from earning feedback not directly associated with their role." Does this mean a puppet who receives a 1-use gun will gain a 1-use gun but not be notified that they have it?

That is correct.

If you gain a secondary role that allows you to act during the day, can you use it in addition to an action that allows you to act during the night? (i.e. marshall and lookout)

Yes.

Locksmith: "During the next day you may analyze their feedback, and should you properly guess the players role you will gain the ability to use their night action at night." Do you have to guess primary and all revealed secondary roles? Or does guessing one of their roles gain you usage of the role you guessed correctly?

Guessing any one of the target's enabled roles will grant the power of the correctly guessed role.

Sadist: "Should you successfully haunt a player there will be no day start information." Is the act of haunting someone without being roleblocked a "successful haunting", or is a "successful haunting" if your target is attacked and you get to kill the attacker?

Much like a doctor must actually save someone from an attack to be credited with a successful heal, so too must the sadist actually kill an attacker in order to be credited with a successful haunt.

ika
December 16th, 2014, 11:04 PM
is white lotus (the role itself) a possible role or just an addon?

to clarify:

Player A gets visited by grand lotus
Does player A get white lotus + new role
or
gets one of the 2?

Slaol
December 17th, 2014, 09:28 AM
is white lotus (the role itself) a possible role or just an addon?

to clarify:

Player A gets visited by grand lotus
Does player A get white lotus + new role
or
gets one of the 2?

It is a possible role, not an addon to other roles. So they would get one of the two, predetermined.

Helz
December 18th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Are some roles excluded from specific roles for a secondary role? Ie- Can a Jester get the secondary role of Survivor or are the excluded due to having a conflicting win condition?

Can a Truth-seer be robbed of their feedback?

If an Infestor infests the Grand Lotus will the the Grand Lotus have seperate chats with the other lotus and the infestor or will the infestor join the lotus chat?

Will roles be hand picked or random? (Both the roles that will be played as well as the players given the roles)

Will there be quiz questions after death?

Slaol
December 18th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Are some roles excluded from specific roles for a secondary role? Ie- Can a Jester get the secondary role of Survivor or are the excluded due to having a conflicting win condition?

Can a Truth-seer be robbed of their feedback?

If an Infestor infests the Grand Lotus will the the Grand Lotus have seperate chats with the other lotus and the infestor or will the infestor join the lotus chat?

Will roles be hand picked or random? (Both the roles that will be played as well as the players given the roles)

Will there be quiz questions after death?

No.

Yes.

Seperate.

All roles have already been determined.

We can work on this I suppose. I also wanted a Dead-FM after one of the recent games, might can look into that. With the official date set we have some time now so we can come up with some dead stuff.

ika
December 18th, 2014, 11:08 PM
does this start on day 1 (yes legit question, batman stated on N0)
are you going to have the "first" person to die/killed be potential replacements?

Slaol
December 19th, 2014, 01:06 AM
does this start on day 1 (yes legit question, batman stated on N0)
are you going to have the "first" person to die/killed be potential replacements?

Day 1.

Apache
December 29th, 2014, 05:13 AM
No, citizen can only be a primary role.

Much like a doctor must actually save someone from an attack to be credited with a successful heal, so too must the sadist actually kill an attacker in order to be credited with a successful haunt.

you mean he really has to die, so even if he attacks and target is healed it won't count?

also this catalog

architect: chat anonymous?
amne: remember avatar/grand lotus role?
enchantress: i assume must use both abilities together?
executioner: target always town?
gypsy: can cursed player reveal that and what he must do? if yes, can the demand contain "and do not reveal this"? also how many demands is max (for gypsy and bmer)?
shaman: can target ???
truthseer: what if host doesnt know the lie? (for example "i got to work now" or "i think x is mafia") what if the post contains a statement the writer doesnt know for certain/at all? (example: "x is mafia" either just written out of nowhere or combined with a previous sheriff check result which is ofc not 100% either. does it then depend on the real role of x if it's a lie or not?) so is the absolute truth relevant or the truth from the eye of the writer
vet: if alerts on someone else's house, is the other one immune?
witch: so the witched player will visit 2 people at once, the wording is a bit unprecise here
det: what if 2 targets? like bd, witch, mafia kill+action
only citizens' and mafiosos' lws are shown? if yes does this citizen ability count as a "power" and remain once someone becomes another power?
will rp names be given out?
avatar and grand lotus are unique roles?
curse and bm = same feedback?
blackmailer: if one claims blackmailed, does he still need to do the task in order to not die?
"You may not act in any way following the use of Retraining." does this mean the next night or the whole game? ie is this a one time action
drug dealer: can he drug blackmails?
mafioso: what happens to real lw of citizens
technician: can he also sabotage prepped targets by fire lord (or arso) and vice versa
what means phoenix will take on a new face
WHUT no tailor charge limit? are you kidding?
thief: can he target fellow mafias
thief: i guess he can can only do one action he possesses OR rob another player each night
azula/EM: can they charge themselves? legit strategy since they are immune. if they are charged and charge someone (or 2 someones) else, will they explode that same night because charging is a visit?
consort: is informed if target immune to rb?
arso: define swapping action. only bd or also operator etc
disguiser: will get access to lotus chat?
disguiser/doppelganger: what role will appear in graveyard when they disguise and when they die
"You gain 1 charge of Escape for every Factional Night Chat you infiltrate via Escaping." also if this chat was infiltrated before by normal disguise (so he knows the members)?
EM: "When 2+ charged players interact they will be uncharged." this also true for azula?
joker/judge: what if threat target dies at night (same night of threat or after)
joker and some others: define basic night attacks. == non piercing?
"if you are actively threatened" you mean actively threatening?
"when you become the final Parolee left alive" explain, there can only be one anyway
town amne: changes alignment when remembering mafia etc?
win cons: does game end once one of the neutral evils meets his win con though there are still town and mafs left?
lawyer: does he need to be alive if his target is alive and wins in order to win
student: if student dies before being able to take on the role, does he auto lose even if master wins (living or not)?
jester: target must be a voter?
judge: what if rb immune?
lawyer/survivor: also immune to piercing night attacks?
sadist: what day start information will be missing
"You gain 1 charge every time you wait 2 nights to Survive." so 2 nights in a row? 4 nights in a row = 2 charges?
the game mechanic thread is missing. day/night lengths etc
ooo and feedback list still missing
is roku/sozin gerik or slaol
thief: does he have to guess or can he just not guess so he doesnt fail and the guy doesnt get the feedback
is it possible to have white lotus as first role only, second/third role only or both
judge and joker = same announcement?
EM: also kills if someone has 2 charges?
azula and EM: do their charges cross? ie if someone charged by azula visits someone charged by EM, will they explode?
witch: if target has 2 targets, which will be affected
what if azula is charged and is witched on herself for the second charge, will she die? because it says self kills ignore immunity but technically it's not a self kill but a self charge

Apache
December 29th, 2014, 05:15 AM
also what is starting time

Klingoncelt
December 29th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I was sent a name and a password.

What do I do with them?

Lysergic
December 29th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I was sent a name and a password.

What do I do with them?

Log in to make sure they work and then wait for the game to start. Only use your FM account to post in the game.

Klingoncelt
December 29th, 2014, 10:30 AM
It's not letting me log in with that account, it says I have to register. I register and it says that the email address is already used by an account (Klingoncelt) so I can't register.

Is there someplace other than this site where I'm supposed to be doing this? Or a hidden board?

Bigby
December 29th, 2014, 10:58 AM
My log in worked just fine!

Klingoncelt
December 29th, 2014, 11:00 AM
*cries*

Apache
December 29th, 2014, 12:10 PM
well thats the first com claim
plus i get the feeling that invisible mode cannot be enabled...

Lysergic
December 29th, 2014, 12:21 PM
well thats the first com claim
plus i get the feeling that invisible mode cannot be enabled...

I PMed Slaol about invis mode from my FM account, so it will probs be enabled soon. And Klingoncelt, what do you mean register? Log out of your account on this forum and log in using what was PMed to you. No registration - the accounts are already made.

Cryptonic
December 29th, 2014, 12:26 PM
I PMed Slaol about invis mode from my FM account, so it will probs be enabled soon. And Klingoncelt, what do you mean register? Log out of your account on this forum and log in using what was PMed to you. No registration - the accounts are already made.

Probably just didn't include the "FM" part, or typo.

Klingoncelt
December 29th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Probably just didn't include the "FM" part, or typo.

I included everything, there must have been some kind of glitch. It's working now, so I'm done panicking. :)

Klingoncelt
December 29th, 2014, 12:42 PM
And Klingoncelt, what do you mean register? Log out of your account on this forum and log in using what was PMed to you. No registration - the accounts are already made.

That's the first thing I did. I dunno why it didn't work right, but it's fine now.

Lysergic
December 29th, 2014, 12:52 PM
What's the name theme? I don't get it.

Slaol
December 29th, 2014, 06:03 PM
you mean he really has to die, so even if he attacks and target is healed it won't count?

also this catalog

architect: chat anonymous?
amne: remember avatar/grand lotus role?
enchantress: i assume must use both abilities together?
executioner: target always town?
gypsy: can cursed player reveal that and what he must do? if yes, can the demand contain "and do not reveal this"? also how many demands is max (for gypsy and bmer)?
shaman: can target ???
truthseer: what if host doesnt know the lie? (for example "i got to work now" or "i think x is mafia") what if the post contains a statement the writer doesnt know for certain/at all? (example: "x is mafia" either just written out of nowhere or combined with a previous sheriff check result which is ofc not 100% either. does it then depend on the real role of x if it's a lie or not?) so is the absolute truth relevant or the truth from the eye of the writer
vet: if alerts on someone else's house, is the other one immune?
witch: so the witched player will visit 2 people at once, the wording is a bit unprecise here
det: what if 2 targets? like bd, witch, mafia kill+action
only citizens' and mafiosos' lws are shown? if yes does this citizen ability count as a "power" and remain once someone becomes another power?
will rp names be given out?
avatar and grand lotus are unique roles?
curse and bm = same feedback?
blackmailer: if one claims blackmailed, does he still need to do the task in order to not die?
"You may not act in any way following the use of Retraining." does this mean the next night or the whole game? ie is this a one time action
drug dealer: can he drug blackmails?
mafioso: what happens to real lw of citizens
technician: can he also sabotage prepped targets by fire lord (or arso) and vice versa
what means phoenix will take on a new face
WHUT no tailor charge limit? are you kidding?
thief: i guess he can can only do one action he possesses OR rob another player each night
azula/EM: can they charge themselves? legit strategy since they are immune. if they are charged and charge someone (or 2 someones) else, will they explode that same night because charging is a visit?
consort: is informed if target immune to rb?
arso: define swapping action. only bd or also operator etc
disguiser: will get access to lotus chat?
disguiser/doppelganger: what role will appear in graveyard when they disguise and when they die
"You gain 1 charge of Escape for every Factional Night Chat you infiltrate via Escaping." also if this chat was infiltrated before by normal disguise (so he knows the members)?
EM: "When 2+ charged players interact they will be uncharged." this also true for azula?
joker/judge: what if threat target dies at night (same night of threat or after)
joker and some others: define basic night attacks. == non piercing?
"if you are actively threatened" you mean actively threatening?
"when you become the final Parolee left alive" explain, there can only be one anyway
town amne: changes alignment when remembering mafia etc?
win cons: does game end once one of the neutral evils meets his win con though there are still town and mafs left?
lawyer: does he need to be alive if his target is alive and wins in order to win
student: if student dies before being able to take on the role, does he auto lose even if master wins (living or not)?
jester: target must be a voter?
judge: what if rb immune?
lawyer/survivor: also immune to piercing night attacks?
sadist: what day start information will be missing
"You gain 1 charge every time you wait 2 nights to Survive." so 2 nights in a row? 4 nights in a row = 2 charges?
the game mechanic thread is missing. day/night lengths etc
ooo and feedback list still missing
is roku/sozin gerik or slaol
thief: does he have to guess or can he just not guess so he doesnt fail and the guy doesnt get the feedback
is it possible to have white lotus as first role only, second/third role only or both
judge and joker = same announcement?
EM: also kills if someone has 2 charges?
azula and EM: do their charges cross? ie if someone charged by azula visits someone charged by EM, will they explode?
witch: if target has 2 targets, which will be affected
what if azula is charged and is witched on herself for the second charge, will she die? because it says self kills ignore immunity but technically it's not a self kill but a self charge

Must die

Yes

Allowed

Yes

Not guaranteed no

The Cursed player may find any loop hole not locked by the gypsy. If they are permitted to reveal it within the message than good for them

Yes

If the host can confirm a lie we will. Things that are not really game related can not be confirmed by the host. Feedback will clear this up once posted.

No

How is witch card unclear? It will operate like Sc2 witch if that helps

Detective will be told all targets

Yes it remains

They are attached to players, will be given upon death or the revealing of a new role.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

One night

Yes

Covered, hidden to public

Yes

What?

We are not kidding

Let me clear that up with Roku

Each night is fine

Yes. Yes.

No.

Bus driver & chauffeur

Potentially

???

What do you mean?

Yes.

Then the threat can not be completed, thus it is useless

Yes. Basic is anything that does not pierce

No. If the joker himself is the threatened target.

There can be 2, and even if only 1 that'd be a single kill

No. Just role. I think that was meant to be limited to town though. Pending.... Pending.... Pending....

No.

No.

No. If his master wins he wins

Yes.

Then they are immune

Piercing pierces, to my knowledge we have nothing immune to that.

All other than the fact that day did go up

Correct, 2 in a row. The third night would be the start of a new set, this night 4 would be a second additional vest

Those will be completed shortly

Sozin is Slaol
Roku is Gerik, Gerik is your primary host and pms should go his way

No guess is a failure

White lotus may be any of the roles

Same announcement, it also looks like crier and journalist

What?

Yes

Both will be affected

She is immune to charge death, and as you have directly detected it is an action that might cause death, but not a kill.

Slaol
December 29th, 2014, 06:04 PM
What's the name theme? I don't get it.

An early FM

Slaol
December 29th, 2014, 06:04 PM
also what is starting time

3 hours

Forum Mafia GM
December 29th, 2014, 06:25 PM
An early FM

Specifically, the names of players who played an early FM. FM 2, I believe. Plus myself and Slaol because after using all their names we still needed 2 more, so we threw ourselves into the mix. :D

Slaol
December 29th, 2014, 08:13 PM

yes

Apache
December 30th, 2014, 02:47 AM
Must die

Yes

Allowed

Yes

Not guaranteed no

The Cursed player may find any loop hole not locked by the gypsy. If they are permitted to reveal it within the message than good for them

Yes

If the host can confirm a lie we will. Things that are not really game related can not be confirmed by the host. Feedback will clear this up once posted.

No

How is witch card unclear? It will operate like Sc2 witch if that helps

Detective will be told all targets

Yes it remains

They are attached to players, will be given upon death or the revealing of a new role.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

One night

Yes

Covered, hidden to public

Yes

What?

We are not kidding

Let me clear that up with Roku

Each night is fine

Yes. Yes.

No.

Bus driver & chauffeur

Potentially

???

What do you mean?

Yes.

Then the threat can not be completed, thus it is useless

Yes. Basic is anything that does not pierce

No. If the joker himself is the threatened target.

There can be 2, and even if only 1 that'd be a single kill

No. Just role. I think that was meant to be limited to town though. Pending.... Pending.... Pending....

No.

No.

No. If his master wins he wins

Yes.

Then they are immune

Piercing pierces, to my knowledge we have nothing immune to that.

All other than the fact that day did go up

Correct, 2 in a row. The third night would be the start of a new set, this night 4 would be a second additional vest

Those will be completed shortly

Sozin is Slaol
Roku is Gerik, Gerik is your primary host and pms should go his way

No guess is a failure

White lotus may be any of the roles

Same announcement, it also looks like crier and journalist

What?

Yes

Both will be affected

She is immune to charge death, and as you have directly detected it is an action that might cause death, but not a kill.

so how many demands is max (for gypsy and bmer)?

truthseer: scenario A: player a checked x, a framed townie, and gets guilty result and writes: "i checked b. b is mafia." is the second sentence a lie?
scenario B: player b (town) says "i think y is mafia" however y is town. is the sentence a lie?
scenario C: player c (mafia) says "i think y is mafia" however y is still town, and c knows his mates. is the sentence now a lie?
scenario D: player d (town) says without any check or clue "z is mafia". is it a lie if 1) z is indeed mafia coincidentally or 2) if he is town

yes i already thought it's like standard witch but the wording "force them to visit a second target" says the target would visit his target + a second, like another target. but you probably mean with 'second' the witch's second target

in the rolecard it says "If you are lynched you will take on a new face"
what does this mean

"thief: i guess he can can only do one action he possesses OR rob another player each night"
"Each night is fine"
i meant can he do both, rob and use one of his roles in the same night

"disguiser: will get access to lotus chat?"
"Potentially"
depending on what? always if he disguises as lotus?

"disguiser/doppelganger: what role will appear in graveyard when they disguise and when they die"
"???"
by when they die i meant once the disguiser dies after he disguised someone, is it then too ??? or just "disguiser" like usual

""You gain 1 charge of Escape for every Factional Night Chat you infiltrate via Escaping." also if this chat was infiltrated before by normal disguise (so he knows the members)?"
i meant if he escapes and infiltrates a night chat he will get a charge. but if he has infiltrated the mafia night chat before by using normal disguise, he already knows the mafia team. then he can simply escape into another mafia (possibly someone else in between). will this get him a charge too?

then does game end, if there are townies and neutral evil left, neutral evil has already accomplished his win con but town not

"EM: also kills if someone has 2 charges?"
i meant if EM charges someone twice, does the target die like when azula charges twice

"witch: if target has 2 targets, which will be affected"
"both"
so bd will swap x with himself?

FM Gerik
December 30th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Is the sabotage of the Technician a role block or a kill?

Forum Mafia GM
December 30th, 2014, 04:45 PM
so how many demands is max (for gypsy and bmer)?

One at a time.

truthseer: scenario A: player a checked x, a framed townie, and gets guilty result and writes: "i checked b. b is mafia." is the second sentence a lie?
scenario B: player b (town) says "i think y is mafia" however y is town. is the sentence a lie?
scenario C: player c (mafia) says "i think y is mafia" however y is still town, and c knows his mates. is the sentence now a lie?
scenario D: player d (town) says without any check or clue "z is mafia". is it a lie if 1) z is indeed mafia coincidentally or 2) if he is town

Scenario A: No. In this case (assuming that player a is actually a sheriff and did actually check the framed player), since player a is not lying (that is, they are not saying something they know to be false), Toph will see that statement as true.
Scenario B: No. This sentence's truth value is impossible to determine because it does not make a statement of fact, and as such will be ignored when assessing whether or not a post contains any lies.
Scenario C: Yes, that's a lie.
Scenario D: Once again, the statement has no truth value and will be ignored when determining whether or not there is a lie contained within the post, regardless of the actual alignment of the person accused of being mafia.

yes i already thought it's like standard witch but the wording "force them to visit a second target" says the target would visit his target + a second, like another target. but you probably mean with 'second' the witch's second target

Witch targets two people, A and B. The witch's first target (A) is forced to visit her second target (B).

in the rolecard it says "If you are lynched you will take on a new face"
what does this mean

Disguise as someone. Specifically, a random voter.

"thief: i guess he can can only do one action he possesses OR rob another player each night"
"Each night is fine"
i meant can he do both, rob and use one of his roles in the same night

No. One or the other.

"disguiser: will get access to lotus chat?"
"Potentially"
depending on what? always if he disguises as lotus?

Yes.

"disguiser/doppelganger: what role will appear in graveyard when they disguise and when they die"
"???"
by when they die i meant once the disguiser dies after he disguised someone, is it then too ??? or just "disguiser" like usual

It will appear as "???"

""You gain 1 charge of Escape for every Factional Night Chat you infiltrate via Escaping." also if this chat was infiltrated before by normal disguise (so he knows the members)?"
i meant if he escapes and infiltrates a night chat he will get a charge. but if he has infiltrated the mafia night chat before by using normal disguise, he already knows the mafia team. then he can simply escape into another mafia (possibly someone else in between). will this get him a charge too?

I don't understand your question. Please clarify.

then does game end, if there are townies and neutral evil left, neutral evil has already accomplished his win con but town not

Yes.

"EM: also kills if someone has 2 charges?"
i meant if EM charges someone twice, does the target die like when azula charges twice

Yes.

"witch: if target has 2 targets, which will be affected"
"both"
so bd will swap x with himself?

Yup.

Forum Mafia GM
December 30th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Is the sabotage of the Technician a role block or a kill?

Kill.

Apache
December 31st, 2014, 06:27 AM
so if only one blackmail is allowed, is "do ... without claiming blackmailed" legit? if yes, what about "do ... and don't claim blackmailed"

hm i dont really know how to make it more clear...

it says in the setup:

You may also Escape the night following your own lynching to Disguise as another player.
You have 1 charge of Escape.
You gain 1 charge of Escape for every Factional Night Chat you infiltrate via Escaping.

that means that if he escapes into a mafia or mason, he will get another charge of escape. however if he was already part of the mafia chat before, he knows all of it's member and can simply escape in one of them. then he infiltrated the night chat a second time. if he would then get a charge of escape, he could escape again into the next mafia etc and so he'd never be lynched. so the question is, is it only valid if it's the FIRST time he kills one of the mafia/mason team

maybe an example:
doppelganger disguised at first as a mafia. he gets night chat access and gets a charge of disguise. then he disguises again as a different mafia. he gets no charges, because he had already infiltrated this chat before. now he disguises as citizen. now he is lynched. he escapes into a lotus and gets access to their chat. he gets a new charge of escape. now he's lynched again and now he escapes into a mafia, gaining once again access to their night chat. he shouldn't get another charge of escape, because he had already infiltrated this chat before. this correct?

Forum Mafia GM
December 31st, 2014, 02:26 PM
so if only one blackmail is allowed, is "do ... without claiming blackmailed" legit? if yes, what about "do ... and don't claim blackmailed"

A demand is a single objective that must be completed. So "Do x without claiming blackmailed" is considered to be a single demand because it only asks the player to do one thing. The "without claiming blackmailed" part is merely a parameter in which the demand ("Do x") must be completed. So even though only a single demand may exist at a time, there can be an infinite number of parameters attached to that demand (well, as many as the blackmailer/gypsy/etc. can come up with).

hm i dont really know how to make it more clear...

it says in the setup:

that means that if he escapes into a mafia or mason, he will get another charge of escape. however if he was already part of the mafia chat before, he knows all of it's member and can simply escape in one of them. then he infiltrated the night chat a second time. if he would then get a charge of escape, he could escape again into the next mafia etc and so he'd never be lynched. so the question is, is it only valid if it's the FIRST time he kills one of the mafia/mason team

maybe an example:
doppelganger disguised at first as a mafia. he gets night chat access and gets a charge of disguise. then he disguises again as a different mafia. he gets no charges, because he had already infiltrated this chat before. now he disguises as citizen. now he is lynched. he escapes into a lotus and gets access to their chat. he gets a new charge of escape. now he's lynched again and now he escapes into a mafia, gaining once again access to their night chat. he shouldn't get another charge of escape, because he had already infiltrated this chat before. this correct?

That is correct. It can only get one charge per night chat. So infiltrating the mafia chat and then disguising as another mafia member will not give it another charge, because it already got one for infiltrating that chat. To get another charge this way, it would have to infiltrate another chat. Like White Lotus, for instance.

There.

FM Ozymandias
December 31st, 2014, 04:52 PM
How do witches/bus drivers/etc. interact with multiple roles?
Any witches and/or bus drivers will be unable to alter which action is performed, only redirect where that action goes.

How does this work with someone who is a Citizen, gains an additional role (or two) but then decides to take no action at night?

Can Gypsy force someone to reveal via curse (i.e. "Post your primary and secondary roles in day chat") or will the cursed player simply be able to lie? If the cursed player doesn't fulfill the demand, will they be able to complete a night action before dying, or does suicide happen before night actions?

For that matter, what is the order of operations?

FM Ozymandias
December 31st, 2014, 04:53 PM
Derp.

How do witches/bus drivers/etc. interact with multiple roles?
Any witches and/or bus drivers will be unable to alter which action is performed, only redirect where that action goes.

How does this work with someone who is a Citizen, gains an additional role (or two) but then decides to take no action at night?

Can Gypsy force someone to reveal via curse (i.e. "Post your primary and secondary roles in day chat") or will the cursed player simply be able to lie? If the cursed player doesn't fulfill the demand, will they be able to complete a night action before dying, or does suicide happen before night actions?

Forum Mafia GM
December 31st, 2014, 09:20 PM
Derp.

It will work exactly as the wording in the setup implies. The action selected is "do nothing", so the witch, being unable to change the action performed, will force the target to do nothing at someone else's house for the night. And this applies to any primary role that opts to take no action at night, not just a citizen (citizens with no secondary roles or items/players who do not submit night action pms will take the "do nothing" action by default)

Invalid demand. The blackmailer/gypsy itself must be able to determine whether or not a blackmail was completed by their target. Thus they cannot demand that a player claim their true role(s) because they would be unable to determine if their target had actually done so. If such a demand is issued, the blackmailed player may simply ignore it. Suicide from blackmail happens at the same time the lynch kill occurs. So it happens before night and thus, before the person can act for that night.

Can't believe we forgot to put the OoO in the setup. But, it's there now. Just for the hell of it, it's here too:

1. Captures
a. Jailor Captures
b. Kidnapper Captures

2. Night chats open/interviews occur
a. Architect Invites, Journalist Interviews, Professor Schedules
b. Corrupt Journalist Interviews
c. Hitman Contracts, Infestor Infests, Private Eye Contracts, Student Meets

3. Special Kills
a. Jailor Executes, Veteran Alerts
b. Disguiser Mimics, Kidnapper Executes
c. Doppleganger Disguises
d. Jester Griefs

4. Misdirection & Role blocks
a. Bus Driver Swaps, Enchantress Lure & Repel, Escort Role Blocks, Matchmaker Matches, Operator Switches
b. Beguiler Lures, Chauffeur Swaps, Consort Role Blocks
c. Magician Cages/Repels, Witch Manipulates

5. Protection
a. Vests Items, Bodyguards Guard, Doctor Heals, Survivalist Survives
b. Sadist Follows, Stalker Stalks

6. Miscellaneous
a. Technician Preps/Unpreps
b. Associate Preps/Unpreps, Blackmailer Blackmails, Framer Frames
c. Phoenix King Preps/Unpreps, Crown Princess Charges

7. Kill Assists
a. Arms Dealers Equip, Tailors Dress
b. Surgeons Malpractice

8. Kills
a. Gun Items, Bodyguard, Technician, Vigilante
b. Fire Nation Factional Kill, Associate, Bruiser, Disguiser
c. Phoenix King, Butcher, Crown Princess, Mass Murderer, Overlord, Parolee, Toxicologist

9. Investigation
a. Coroner Autopsies, Detective Tracks, Lookout Watches, Sheriff Checks
b. Consigliere Inspects, Mortician Autopsies, Thief Robs, Tracker Tracks/Watches
c. Lawyer Investigates, Locksmith Burglarizes, Private Eye Inspects
d. Truthseer senses

10. Miscellaneous 2 (post kills)
a. Armorsmith Armors, Blacksmith Arms, Gypsy Curses, Nurse Prescribes
b. Avatar Meets, Grand Lotus Meets
c. Arms Dealer Arms, Caporegime Retrains, Drug Dealer Drugs, Mortician Gathers Items, Thief Steals Items
d. Chemist Plants, Parolees Gather Arms, Toxicologists Demand, Ventriloquist Possesses

11. Conversions
a. Overlord Controls

FM Ozymandias
December 31st, 2014, 10:40 PM
So then Witch can still force Citizen (and other non-visiting roles) into a suicide by Veteran?

Forum Mafia GM
January 1st, 2015, 10:37 PM
So then Witch can still force Citizen (and other non-visiting roles) into a suicide by Veteran?

Yes.

FM Gerik
January 2nd, 2015, 10:58 AM
FM Yayap demanded I ask (some of) this and I never did..

Can Toph detect ‘truth’ from a players comment even if that player has no way of knowing what he said is true or not?
Will Toph's feedback be changed by obscure details (Such as referring to the Gaang as "Green alignment" or "Town"?
Will Toph detect truth in quoted posts from 2nd players (From the position of being true for that 2nd player)within a 1st players post?

Forum Mafia GM
January 2nd, 2015, 05:38 PM
FM Yayap demanded I ask (some of) this and I never did..

Can Toph detect ‘truth’ from a players comment even if that player has no way of knowing what he said is true or not? No.
Will Toph's feedback be changed by obscure details (Such as referring to the Gaang as "Green alignment" or "Town"? Any of those phrasings are valid. We're not complete dicks, you know.
Will Toph detect truth in quoted posts from 2nd players (From the position of being true for that 2nd player)within a 1st players post?

No. Quotes will be ignored when evaluating the truth of a post.

Forum Mafia GM
January 3rd, 2015, 01:12 PM
Announcement

There have been a few questions about this to me, so I'm just going to clarify publicly so everyone is aware: The Fire Nation may only perform one killing action per night. Killing abilities include: mafia factional kill (anyone can do this instead of their normal actions), bruiser's ability, disguising, any killing abilities gained by a thief, Phoenix King's Sabotage (not his prep), and Crown Princess's charge.

So to all those who worried about a second Fire Nation-induced genocide tonight, fear not. Well, fear less. For now.

FM Narks
January 4th, 2015, 06:39 PM
If a fire bender was a sheriff and targeted Hama, would they appear as enemy?
Also if a non-fire bender sheriff targeted Hama, would they appear as friendly?

If Zuko had sheriff as a secondary role and targeted the combustion man, would he appear as friendly?
Anyone else except Zuko, Ozai, Azula, used sheriff on the combustion man would appear as an enemy yes?

Forum Mafia GM
January 4th, 2015, 07:36 PM
If a fire bender was a sheriff and targeted Hama, would they appear as enemy?
Also if a non-fire bender sheriff targeted Hama, would they appear as friendly?
She would appear hostile to any sheriffs because even though she doesn't need to defeat the town, she is not town and must see some town members die to win.
If Zuko had sheriff as a secondary role and targeted the combustion man, would he appear as friendly?
Anyone else except Zuko, Ozai, Azula, used sheriff on the combustion man would appear as an enemy yes?
He would appear hostile for similar reasons as above.

FM Ozymandias
January 5th, 2015, 10:48 PM
When does night 2 end?

Forum Mafia GM
January 6th, 2015, 10:28 AM
When does night 2 end?

48 hours from the day end post.

FM Narks
January 7th, 2015, 12:04 AM
Can an overlord order a puppet to kill someone and use another ability at night?

Forum Mafia GM
January 7th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Can an overlord order a puppet to kill someone and use another ability at night?

No.

FM FalseTruth
January 7th, 2015, 02:15 PM
The site suddenly started loading slowly for me about 15 minutes ago. Is there a problem at your end?

FM FalseTruth
January 7th, 2015, 02:45 PM
It seems to be working okay now.

FM FalseTruth
January 7th, 2015, 08:21 PM
And now it's acting up again. :(

Forum Mafia GM
January 7th, 2015, 09:12 PM
The site suddenly started loading slowly for me about 15 minutes ago. Is there a problem at your end?

It seems to be working okay now.

And now it's acting up again. :(

I have had no issues with the site. You may want to check your internet connection. If that's not it, then I have no idea.

FM Yayap
January 7th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Hypothetically if a player was charged last night and blackmailed to not post anything in the daychat, would they be mod killed for not meeting the post count requirement?

Forum Mafia GM
January 7th, 2015, 09:48 PM
Hypothetically if a player was charged last night and blackmailed to not post anything in the daychat, would they be mod killed for not meeting the post count requirement?

If a blackmail demands that a player not post in the daychat, said player would not be penalized for not meeting the post count requirement for that day.

FM Yayap
January 7th, 2015, 10:55 PM
If FM Slaol was tailored, would a coroner be able to determine his exact role?

Side note: I do not think he was tailored because he breadcrumbed his role in D1,P387 where he requested the updated Toph post list. I did note though that during D2 he did not cc Ganondorf.

In any case, Ganon is looking scummier, Narks is not necessarily off the hook, and I have yesterday's lunch train to reinterpret.

FM Yayap
January 7th, 2015, 11:44 PM
Can someone ask Narks in the other thread why he didn't reveal his results that prove Ganon was lying until just today?

FM Yayap
January 7th, 2015, 11:50 PM
Didn't he say he was V/LA until Friday?

Gerik never said that in daychat... Gerik and FalseTruth have got to be mafia together, and his V/LA was discussed in night chat. Thoughts?

FM FalseTruth
January 7th, 2015, 11:51 PM
Gerik never said that in daychat... Gerik and FalseTruth have got to be mafia together, and his V/LA was discussed in night chat. Thoughts?

Umm, no. Someone said something about being gone until Friday.

Why are you posting here?

FM Crimson
January 7th, 2015, 11:54 PM
Thats a shitty BM to give if i am reading this right

FM FalseTruth
January 8th, 2015, 12:01 AM
Day 2 Post 1079 Gerik says "I won't be around for D3 so it won't be an issue."

So he'll be gone Wednesday and Thursday. Back Friday.

FM FalseTruth
January 8th, 2015, 12:02 AM

Is BM the same thing as Post Restriction?

FM Yayap
January 8th, 2015, 12:03 AM

Let's just be clear: I never claimed that I am blackmailed.

FM Severn
January 8th, 2015, 12:04 AM
you guys are going to get FAQ closed. stop using it.

FM Yayap
January 8th, 2015, 12:06 AM
Day 2 Post 1079 Gerik says "I won't be around for D3 so it won't be an issue."

So he'll be gone Wednesday and Thursday. Back Friday.

Okay, well he said he meant he thought he would be dead by Day 3 due to being prepped by the Phoenix King.

However I would really like to point out that he should have said his stuff was tinkered with because that's the feedback you get when prepped. (I had to look up what Zack's feedback about what someone tinkering meant).

FM Crimson
January 8th, 2015, 12:10 AM
Let's just be clear: I never claimed that I am blackmailed.

oh i know that, its just transparent that your either:

A) blackmailed to only post in FAQ thread
B) that your juas ttrying to see how far you can pull off this stunt before mods go "fuck you"

FM FalseTruth
January 8th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Okay, well he said he meant he thought he would be dead by Day 3 due to being prepped by the Phoenix King.

However I would really like to point out that he should have said his stuff was tinkered with because that's the feedback you get when prepped. (I had to look up what Zack's feedback about what someone tinkering meant).

Oh, I thought he had some r/l thing he was doing.

FM FalseTruth
January 8th, 2015, 12:15 AM

I don't understand the prep thing, is there a difference between saying he was prepped and somebody messed with his stuff?

FM Yayap
January 8th, 2015, 12:30 AM
I don't understand the prep thing, is there a difference between saying he was prepped and somebody messed with his stuff?

The distinction is more that when you post your night feedback, you usually post it as given: "My stuff was tinkered with" because that's what the PM says as opposed to saying "the Phoenix King prepped me"

FM Yayap
January 8th, 2015, 07:43 AM
So I've been curious why dive master has been insisting on voting someone other than me, I agree I look really bad right now, but if I read his intentions right I like the plan, I think he wants to leave me for the vigilante so that we don't get another horrible shot from him.

Does anyone else see how scummy this post is? Ganon says to leave himself for the vigilante so the vig doesn't get another horrible shot, meaning that Ganon knows he would be a good shot, meaning he is scum...

Forum Mafia GM
January 8th, 2015, 08:38 AM
This thread is for questions for the hosts only. Merely highlighting something in green does not automatically make it suitable for this thread. Please keep the discussion in the day chat or I will close this thread during future days or shut it down entirely if necessary.

Forum Mafia GM
January 8th, 2015, 08:40 AM
If FM Slaol was tailored, would a coroner be able to determine his exact role?

Yes.

I have many thoughts. But none to share.

FM Procyon
January 8th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Can a truthseer be rolebocked?

Slaol
January 8th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Can a truthseer be rolebocked?

Yes

FM Yayap
January 8th, 2015, 11:01 PM
If Phoenix King is charged, and preps a charged target, will the Phoenix King survive the EM kill?

If the Phoenix King is charged and visited by a charged player, will he survive?

FM Yayap
January 8th, 2015, 11:08 PM
Would a survivalist be able to survive death via charging interactions?

Related to my previous set of questions, I am wondering if Ganondorf could be the Phoenix King, hence the charging if he is mafia and the Toph claim to avoid early lynch, but ensure a later lynch so he can disguise away.

Forum Mafia GM
January 9th, 2015, 12:03 AM
If Phoenix King is charged, and preps a charged target, will the Phoenix King survive the EM kill?

If the Phoenix King is charged and visited by a charged player, will he survive?
You just asked the same question twice. Charge kills don't pierce immunity, so yes.

Would a survivalist be able to survive death via charging interactions?

Yes.

FM Narks
January 9th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Will a player ever receive the same role twice or three times when iroh or aang visit them?

Forum Mafia GM
January 9th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Will a player ever receive the same role twice or three times when iroh or aang visit them?

A player could possibly receive the same role twice, but never three times.

FM Yayap
January 9th, 2015, 07:02 PM
If a charged chauffeur (mafia bus driver) busses two charged players, does that count as the mafia's kill, or could this happen in addition to the mafia's night kill?

Forum Mafia GM
January 9th, 2015, 07:57 PM
If a charged chauffeur (mafia bus driver) busses two charged players, does that count as the mafia's kill, or could this happen in addition to the mafia's night kill?

It would happen in addition to their kill, as bussing is not inherently a killing action. It would be a pretty stupid thing for a chauffer/bus driver to do, however.

Forum Mafia GM
January 10th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Announcement:

I gave an incorrect answer in the day thread yesterday in this post (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/29720-Day-3-The-Avatar-and-the-Firelord?p=470259&viewfull=1#post470259) (which has now been edited to be correct) concerning the disguiser kill. The disguised player's role will appear as "???", not his actual role like I previously stated. Coroners and the like will still get the correct role from targeting the corpse.

FM Narks
January 10th, 2015, 12:16 PM
If someone were to be killed via multiple sources, would all of those sources appear?

FM Narks
January 10th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Does MM ignore Lookout?

Forum Mafia GM
January 10th, 2015, 01:36 PM
If someone were to be killed via multiple sources, would all of those sources appear?

Yes.

Does MM ignore Lookout?
A lookout will die to the Mass Murder if watching the house at which the MM sprees.

FM Narks
January 10th, 2015, 02:51 PM
What happens when two ventriloquists target the same target?

Operator switches bus driver? Give explanation

Ghost is killed by two different factions at once, who does he want to see lose?

Does jester grief note replace a Mafioso's last will?

Can Shaman use a ghost's ability?

If someone got two shots of adrenaline/chemicals at night and used them both at the same time, would they be able to use their action three times or four times?

Does bus driver get to swap 2 sets of people if he gets adrenaline/chemicals?

Forum Mafia GM
January 10th, 2015, 03:58 PM
What happens when two ventriloquists target the same target?
First one to submit the PM wins. Other one does nothing.
Operator switches bus driver? Give explanation
only affects his first target if swapped with a player that has 0 or 1 targets, affects both if swapped with another player that has two targets
Ghost is killed by two different factions at once, who does he want to see lose?
Whichever kill came first in the OoO. If there's a tie, it will be decided between the tying factions via random.org
Does jester grief note replace a Mafioso's last will?
No.
Can Shaman use a ghost's ability?
No.
If someone got two shots of adrenaline/chemicals at night and used them both at the same time, would they be able to use their action three times or four times?
Four, but they will die at the end of the night.
Does bus driver get to swap 2 sets of people if he gets adrenaline/chemicals?

Yes.

Forum Mafia GM
January 12th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Had some questions along these lines, so I decided to make the answers public.

Can a blackmailer intentionally target his own faction members?
Yes, though I can think of very few situations in which it would actually be beneficial to do so.

Does voting count as a post for the purposes of blackmail?
Yes.

FM Narks
January 12th, 2015, 08:00 PM
No action equals self visit?

What roles can only visit themselves.

Lookout sees self visit / no visit correct?

If someone visited someone twice would that appear on lookout / detective roles?

Infestor targets himself, what happens?

Hitman / Private eye contract themselves, what happens?

Nurse / Chemist can target themselves?

Witch targets an overlords puppet who acts out a kill, who takes priority?

Forum Mafia GM
January 12th, 2015, 09:58 PM
No action equals self visit?
Why am I still answering this question? For the last time, yes.
What roles can only visit themselves.
All the ones in the roles list that don't visit other players.
Lookout sees self visit / no visit correct?
Lookout sees a self visit as a no-visit.
If someone visited someone twice would that appear on lookout / detective roles?
No.
Infestor targets himself, what happens?
It can't self-target, so nothing.
Hitman / Private eye contract themselves, what happens?
See above.
Nurse / Chemist can target themselves?
See above
Witch targets an overlords puppet who acts out a kill, who takes priority?

Neither. There is no priority. The witch would redirect the action that the puppet used of its own accord (ie. if it's a sheriff and checked someone, the witch would redirect the sheriff check). It would not affect the kill unless witching the overlord, because that is the overlord's action, not the puppet's.

Forum Mafia GM
January 13th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Does posting in the FAQ thread count towards the 5 posts each game day requirement, or do the posts have to be made in day chat?
Day chat

FM Ozymandias
January 13th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Oh sweet relief!

If the Phoenix King is prevented from successfully disguising following his lynch he will be fully dead. Doctor heals, players being dead by other means, and any other roles that I've missed that would possibly prevent the successful disguise.

What happens if a Magician Cages the target of the Phoenix King's disguise attempt? Or, for that matter, same question, but for Disguiser role in general.

FM Ozymandias
January 13th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Also, does killing the Crown Princess or Electromaniac have any effect on their respective charges, or do players remain charged after the death of the role that charged them?

Slaol
January 13th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Oh sweet relief!

What happens if a Magician Cages the target of the Phoenix King's disguise attempt? Or, for that matter, same question, but for Disguiser role in general.

The disguise would target itself. In the Phoenix kings case he enters a dead body, obviously following the first answer I gave. Disguiser would kill himself, then take on his own face again

Slaol
January 13th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Also, does killing the Crown Princess or Electromaniac have any effect on their respective charges, or do players remain charged after the death of the role that charged them?

Remain charged

FM Narks
January 14th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Does fire nation always have a regular factional kill?

Slaol
January 14th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Does fire nation always have a regular factional kill?

Fire Nation has the option to have a member sacrifice their night action for a factional night kill, yes.
This option is negated when either Azula uses her charging, or Ozai Sabotages his prepped targets.

FM Narks
January 14th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Bus Driver (B) receives 2 shots of adrenaline and uses them,

Bus Driver swaps
Player A and B
Player B and C
Player B and D
Player C and D

Iroh targets Player C.
Vigilante targets player D
Witch Target player A onto C
Lookout Targets player B
Arsonist Preps Player A.

What kind of fuckery would happen here?

Slaol
January 14th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Bus Driver (B) receives 2 shots of adrenaline and uses them,

Bus Driver swaps
Player A and B
Player B and C
Player B and D
Player C and D

Iroh targets Player C.
Vigilante targets player D
Witch Target player A onto C
Lookout Targets player B
Arsonist Preps Player A.

What kind of fuckery would happen here?

That is not a question

Yes it does.
There are no join accounts

Oh this is one big question... I see....

Well, the actions would go in submitted order, assuming nothing else came in to interfere.
A
-> B -> C -> D
Final Location: D
B
-> A
Final Location: A
C
-> B -> D -> C
Final Location: C
D
-> B
Final Location: B

Witch would send player B to player C
Arsonist would prep player B
Vigilante would kill player A
Lookout would see 'player' B visited by the Bus Driver
Iroh would give C their power.

I can't format much better than that, but yea.

A would be bussed 3 times, then die. Lucky guy.
B would be bussed once, prepped by an arsonist, and manipulated by a witch
C would be bussed once, and get a new power
D would be bussed once, and then go to sleep

Forum Mafia GM
January 14th, 2015, 01:46 PM
I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that the above would never happen because it would be completely useless to bus the same person with two different people in a single night. But good answer, Sozin.

FM Narks
January 14th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Day will start in 25 hours from this post right?

FM Yayap
January 17th, 2015, 10:42 PM
If a player suicides due to blackmail, are we publicly notified of it? If a player suicided to blackmail on D5, does that mean the town can't lynch on D5, or does that apply to D6?

Slaol
January 17th, 2015, 11:18 PM
The wording in the role card is written incorrectly. The player will suicide at the end of the day of the failure, and town may not lynch the following day.

FM Crimson
January 17th, 2015, 11:41 PM
in regard to shaman, can shaman unprep or prep a target using phoenix king?
if shaman is to use azuleas charge, does the shaman have to use both or can he charge once?
can a blackmail be "You must get player X lynched on (insert the next day here)"

FM Crimson
January 17th, 2015, 11:42 PM
also can shaman use aang/iroh to force them to visit one last time to give powers out?

FM FalseTruth
January 18th, 2015, 12:32 PM
So... We can't lynch anyone tomorrow?

Forum Mafia GM
January 18th, 2015, 01:11 PM
in regard to shaman, can shaman unprep or prep a target using phoenix king?
if shaman is to use azuleas charge, does the shaman have to use both or can he charge once?
can a blackmail be "You must get player X lynched on (insert the next day here)"

Yes.
Both
No, that would be invalid because the lynch is out of the blackmailed person's control.

also can shaman use aang/iroh to force them to visit one last time to give powers out?
Yes.

So... We can't lynch anyone tomorrow?
Correct.

FM Crimson
January 18th, 2015, 01:18 PM
is it possible to end day early if we get a majority to vote "no lynch" since we cant lynch?

Slaol
January 18th, 2015, 02:10 PM
is it possible to end day early if we get a majority to vote "no lynch" since we cant lynch?

Only if you consider 48 hours 'ending early'