PDA

View Full Version : autokick based on stats

Mentar
December 11th, 2014, 06:45 PM
I was just thinking, how hard would it be to add a trigger that checks players stats at the start of the game and either kicks them or presents a kick vote of some kind.

If you've ever looked at the player stats after kicking a necro account you'll notice they all have something in common.

20,000 points.
Dozens of games played.
0 wins.

The fact that they have 20,000 points and under a certain number of games played (assuming no donator status), tells you they've bank hacked.
That they're still on 20,000 points despite having played dozens of games tells you they've never finished a game. Also suggested by the 0 wins.
These 2 things = the person is 99% a troll. At minimum they're a bank hacker.

Its very easy to spot a necroplant account by its points/games played/ victories.

So my suggestion is either:
(1) add a trigger that checks the players points. If their game stats match what I described above then either auto-kick or present a vote-kick dialog and let the game decide. no legitimate player can have those stats, worst case scenario they've bank hacked 20k so they can -prefer and gamethrow (necroplant), best case scenario they're not necro / troll but are still a bank hacker (in which case who cares if they get caught by the system too)

(2)if 1 isnt practical, at least let us see the player stats page for ourselves during the set up period. 1 look at the stats to see 20,000 points, 0 victories, 30 games played, is enough to spot necroplant and kick him ourselves. But we cant do that because we cant see the stats screen untill after the games been started already and it too late.

Its true this wouldn't entirely stop necroplant but it would reduce his ability to use bank hacked 20,000 point accounts that can prefer mafia roles which is the main way and most effective way he game throws.

Side request .... can we PLEASE remove the option for 6 minute days. I've never seen a legitimate save that needed 6 minute days. Its a setting that's used solely for making troll saves. Especially since it seems that the time can be changed AFTER start has been pressed without cancelling the start. I've seen it changed from a normal time to 6 minutes at the last moment before game begins so many times.

Helz
December 11th, 2014, 07:04 PM
The issue is the point restores. If you get a new account or move your points from EU to NA then you can have 20k points and only 20 games played. As staff we have to bump that against a list to see if the player has had a point restore in order to process a bank hack report.

Necro just dosn't care and his new thing is putting 19999 points with insane games/victories but if we made a code to auto kick that he would just copy some legit players win/loss/points and keep right on going.

Voss
December 12th, 2014, 12:15 AM
i'm in favor of removing the time restriction in general. it forces town to do SOMETHING and not sit on their butt all day long. mafia's not (supposed) to be won by night actions.

Cryptonic
December 12th, 2014, 10:14 AM
i'm in favor of removing the time restriction in general. it forces town to do SOMETHING and not sit on their butt all day long. mafia's not (supposed) to be won by night actions.

Are you saying the game day is forced lynch or skip? that's so biased against mafia it's not even funny. so imba.

TheDarkestLight
December 12th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Are you saying the game day is forced lynch or skip? that's so biased against mafia it's not even funny. so imba.

More biased against the Town considering the scum hunting skills they have and their inability to think properly.

Voss
December 12th, 2014, 05:49 PM
More biased against the Town considering the scum hunting skills they have and their inability to think properly.

that and afk, which is why i'm in favor of this. usually though crypt's right.

SuperJack
December 13th, 2014, 03:09 AM
If they get autokicked. They make better Bank Files. Makes our job harder to catch em.

MisterL2
December 13th, 2014, 11:23 AM
What about you add a list of point restores as a "whitelist"
This is not perfect, but this idea would eliminate most bank hackers

Cryptonic
December 13th, 2014, 12:21 PM
But people can hack their wins and games, too. Seems like a lot of work when all a bank hacker has to do to get around it is type in a few more numbers.

Helz
December 13th, 2014, 12:26 PM
We could specifically ban certain banks to keep script kiddies from sharing some popular banks. I personally have 4 that I watch for because they were posted online. That would only put a stop to players that have no idea what they are doing though.

Disabling the time limit would be a huge thing. Sure it sounds small but really scum can only exist by beguiling the town and creating chaos to run down that timer.