PDA

View Full Version : Night 2

Deirdre
October 21st, 2011, 02:08 AM
Greetings, my master. I am Ganondorf, the Shinra janitor. The day's events have not gone as well as planned, but I am confident we can emerge victorious. As of now, I have posted the first page of my night 1 chat from Shinra, and I will post the other 4 pages in a little while so don't choose who you want to recruit until I have had time to post Night 1 and Night 2 chats...

Deirdre
October 21st, 2011, 02:21 AM
Page 2 complete: will proceed with page 3 later.... by the way, my mafia has yet to say anything tonight...

Deirdre
October 21st, 2011, 02:45 AM
All Night 1 Shinra chat has been completed.

Deirdre
October 21st, 2011, 02:56 AM
OK, I will be going to bed. I will be awake in a few hours, and I will only be able to post for very short periods of time during the day...

By the way, congratulations on flying under the radar so well. No one suspects a thing at the moment, and I will convince my mafia that you're probably just a lowly citizen :P Sadly, I didn't do so well. For a bit, I was sitting pretty after my anti-trolling rants and my suspicion of Warren (which is still there by the way). However, Erika proceeded to misinterpret my actions, and now I'm a suspect :( For the record, my plan is to claim doctor in the likely event that I'll need to roleclaim sometime in the not-too-distant future. Doctor is the only power role that doesn't have to prove himself since he cannot do so anyway, so I will claim doctor and at least be useful for one more day. I think it is pretty obvious that claiming coroner will not fly in a setup where 2 of the 3 investigation results are mafia roles, the coroner isn't a confirmed role, and the janitor is (since I cleaned last night).

Well, goodnight Jack: I will see you later...

Katherine
October 21st, 2011, 06:31 AM
Hmm, yes. Finally someone actually copies the entirety of their night chat here. So you are Ganondorf, no surprise since you hinted at TriForce as it is called in LoL. I guess I should have checked the LoL thread - didn't realize so many people played.

Anyway, on to the subject at hand, I am not sure who to cult at this moment in time. Would you mind clarifying who the GF and the Consig are for me?

Currently my goals basically amount to something along these lines:
1) Secure a means of protection(I received a vest last night so that's a good first step)
2) Secure a foothold in both mafias
3) Secure Yuffie(I'm not exactly sure I want to do this yet. A jack-of-all-trades combined with a semi-perfect investigative role is pretty amazing though)

Do you have any suggestions on how we should proceed? I am all ears if you do. For now I will attempt to find any hints at a doctor or armorsmith(preferably a doctor as it will remove their ability to anti-cult me).

Katherine
October 21st, 2011, 06:32 AM
Nevermind, I see now that you listed it in the other night chat thread. My bad!

Katherine
October 21st, 2011, 07:12 AM
Okay, so I've been hedged back into the awful role of citizen thanks to Ashlyn deciding to check me. Well, this basically scraps my late game strategy to mix up our roles to protect myself.

That's okay though, I will make it work. Please keep me updated on red mafia's movements, if need be I will bring them under heel but I would prefer not to as Deathfire and I clash far too much to be on the same team.

What I would like from you at the moment:

Theories on who might be orange mafia
Your top three guesses on a town power role
Anything else you can think of that might be helpful. Spill your mind here, neatness doesn't matter right now since it's just the two of us

Also, I now suspect that Edna may be original mason or a new mason from her early posts in day 2. Any thoughts on this?

The roles that are certanly NOT cleaned are: Sephiroth, Shinra, Hojo. Why not Hojo? Because if he died, the new cult member would die with him, as cult consersions happen BEFORE night kills. That is, unless he tried to recruit Sephiroth and failed.
Anyone else can be cleaned, be it Shinra Corps or Turks, or maybe even Yuffie - yet I refuse to even think about that!
Note that they left out the fact that I could have recruited a mason as well, but mentioned instead a role that is unique to this FM over a role that has been in every FM except FM4 with the same mechanics in each one. The only two factions I can think of that would leave that out are the cult and the masons themselves; i.e. us.

Deirdre
October 21st, 2011, 11:18 AM
Hello again my master. I have new night chat information to bring you from Shinra Corp. but I can't do so at the moment because I am on my iTouch. Expect night 2 chat to show up in a couple of hours... I will also review the later sections of day 2 later today. Is there anybody you would like me to try to kill? When I return, I can easily sway the kill vote with a little bit of good logic... Edna maybe? As for recruiting Turks, we at Shinra have a few suspects that you can see later today... Until then (I have class for now though)

Deirdre
October 21st, 2011, 11:30 AM
I can tell you this: as of now, Edna/Erika/Riley are being considered for killing, and Riley seems to be the favorite. I think I will let Riley die and then go for Edna tomorrow, unless you ask otherwise. Also, Ashlyn is checking Mya, and I never received a last will from Tracy so I'm assuming she didn't have one...

Deirdre
October 21st, 2011, 11:36 AM
OK Raiden confirms that there was no will...

Katherine
October 21st, 2011, 12:29 PM
Riley is fine I suppose. I would like to see their reasoning before I say anything concrete but that sounds good to me as I suspected him of being mason from day 1 chat for similar reasons to Edna.

I will await your next update.

Deirdre
October 21st, 2011, 01:44 PM
OK, I've thought about it, and I think you should cult someone like Mya (but not Mya since Ashlyn may investigate her) who isn't really in the spotlight but could serve as a decoy if the need ever arose. Also, I think that people like Mya are most likely to be the doctors and mafia of the game, both of which would be incredibly helpful to our cause. Maybe someone like Evan or Lukas or something? Also, I too suspect that Erika is a Turk, and getting an inside eye into the Turks should be a top priority right now... On that note, in the event of my death, I would obviously recruit Janice: I can't wait to see the looks on their avatar's faces when they find out I'm culted >:-)

Katherine
October 21st, 2011, 01:46 PM
I would like to recruit Erika tonight. I feel she is smart enough to be valuable to us as well as at least being a power role if not a member of the orange mafia. She will also not be protected at the moment.

Do you feel you can keep the heat away from her if I do decide to cult her?

Deirdre
October 21st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Oh, I can definitely keep the heat away from her... of course, I would have to see her role first, but I would even go so far as to take a lynch in her place if she was that important. Anyway, I already have many people watching my every move, so I'm sure my end is near anyway. By all means, go for her: I think it's a great move.

Deirdre
October 21st, 2011, 01:52 PM
Well, I must be off again, I will see you again in a couple of hours. My night action has been sent in, and I will make a last will (pretending that I was mafia who got recruited tonight) later today...

Katherine
October 21st, 2011, 01:53 PM
I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that if recruitment is successful then as long as you play a bit more cautiously things will be fine. Bigger targets will rise up soon, I'm sure.

Deirdre
October 21st, 2011, 03:59 PM
Yeah, my plan for the next day is to step aside, but not let my post count dwindle. I fear Shawna will check me, but I think I can survive if I don't get investigated. You, on the other hand, are sitting pretty :D I think we've got a good shot at this

Deirdre
October 21st, 2011, 04:29 PM
I posted my general information in your main thread for easy access.

Katherine
October 21st, 2011, 06:16 PM

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Deirdre
October 21st, 2011, 07:26 PM

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Well, there really isn't much left to discuss... even my mafia chat is dead now. Hmm... I think I'll leave Erika a special surprise for when she sees this...

Deirdre
October 21st, 2011, 10:46 PM
Well, all Shinra actions are submitted and finalized, and I expect the night will end shortly. Good luck my master, I bid you farewell.

Also, to Erika or whomever gets culted, please read through all of the threads we have here. In addition to seeing our suspicions and thoughts, you also get a closer look inside the Shinra mafia as well as access to our codes. The force will be with you, take care.

I don't believe we ever actually formally submitted an action (though I suppose Katherine could've with a PM, but I don't know). In that case:

-Cult Erika

I believe that my vote will count in the event that you shouldn't decide on an action yourself. I never saw you post it, so I just did...

Illidan
October 22nd, 2011, 09:04 AM
56 minutes left until night chats are closed, remember to submit your action before

Katherine
October 22nd, 2011, 09:27 AM
I'll do what I want Illidan. Begone from my Laboratory!