PDA

View Full Version : Role - Bartender (and some other roles)

Turbopanda
May 18th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I have an idea for a role, I don't know if this has already been suggested but here goes:

Bartender: The Bartender works at the local pub and overhears a conversation each night.
This means that at the end of each night, he will receive a random clue of what happened during the night.
The Bartender will look like a citizen if investigated.
The Bartender wins if the town wins.

Here are some examples of clues the Bartender can get: (one/night)
- Player A took the bus this night. (He was switched)
- Player B was blocked this night.
- Player C seems paranoid. He might be a Survivor, Investigator or Serial Killer.
- Player D works with chemicals. He could be a Doctor, Witch or Arsonist.
- Player E seems to be following the law. He must be a member of the Town or a Survivor.
- Player F told a lie. Maybe he is a Jester? Or maybe he just had a bad day... (50% chance that the player is a Jester)
- Player G seems awfully bored. He must be a Civilian, Survivor, Mason or Jester.
- Someone was framed.
- Someone investigated you.
- Someone survived an attack thanks to his bulletproof vest.
- Someone was doused in gasoline.
- The Vigilante has ran out of bullets. He shot Player 1 and Player 2.
- Player X's last will is [insert information]
- Player Y was investigated this night, he [insert the information that the investigator found out]
- Player Z doesn't do anything at night... (Didn't use- or doesn't have an ability)
- *Overhear mason or mafia chat, like a spy*

Here are some other roles I thought of:

City Guard - Can choose to stay awake at night. If he does, he will kill anyone who attacks him, but he will be so tired during the day that he will have a word limit and be unable to vote to lynch.
Imposter - Can knock a player out cold and steal his identity for one day. The actual player will be silenced and the imposter will look like the targeted player. The imposter works for the mafia.
Infiltrator - A civilian that looks like a mafioso to the mafia, can write in and read the mafia chat, but cannot see names.
Executor - Becomes invulnerable at night if someone was lynched during the day. Neutral role, wants to survive until the end. This means that he will want to lynch someone every day.
False Witness - His target will appear as innocent for one night. Works for the mafia.
Rogue - Doesn't work for the mafia (can't see their names or the chat), but wants the mafia to win. Can't be killed by the mafia during the night. He can, however, suggest targets for the mafia to kill. Neutral role that wins when mafia wins.
Priest - Can preach for one player each night. If his target is a Serial Killer or a Witch, they will commit suicide.

Nick
May 18th, 2011, 09:18 AM
+1 to Bartender, Imposter, False Witness (and similar roles)

thisismyname
May 18th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I think you have a great idea with the Bartender. However, I would remove some of the examples of clues you've shown which seem to be too powerful. I imagine this role would be hell to implement from a coding perspective though.

The Imposter I think sounds pretty similar to the Ventriloquist role which has already been suggested. I would really like to see a role like this implemented.

False Witness seems like the opposite of the Framer. Maybe a little to powerful, but would be a possible alternative to the Framer.

Deolrin
May 19th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Bartender sounds awesome.
Some of those messages are overpowered, but that can be countered by implementing like 5 'useless' messages like 'Player X got married.' or 'Player Y is homosexual.' and such.

Membrax
May 19th, 2011, 08:22 AM
I like your bartender idea, it's a great alternative to the - sadly - ever so unpopular citizen.

Footy
May 19th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Yea, I like the idea.

In an average game, what would a typical bartender likely see over I don't know, the course of 6-7 nights?

Zack
May 22nd, 2011, 02:56 AM
Night 1: Barney ate Player 2's dog.

Night 2: Aliens abducted Player 8's son.

Night 3: Player 5 got drunk and punched you in the face.

Night 4: Hoodlums sprayed your car with grafiti.

:P

Yeah i'm just messing. Its a nice idea, but some of the messages you mentioned are too much.

Antss
May 22nd, 2011, 05:27 AM
I really think that all of these roles were really good ideas, only one that I didn't like was Rogue.
Bartender Was definitely the best!!

Krismighty
May 24th, 2011, 04:10 PM
This sounds really interesting, but it'd be hard to set up in the game.

Auckmid
May 24th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I like Bartender (Even though it would be exceptionaly hard to make...) City guard, executor, infiltrator, and priest(Even if it might be slightly overpowered)

DarkHunter
May 24th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I also like the Bartender role idea. Though it might need some tweaking so it's not too overpowered.

It's funny... I had been thinking of a bartender role for this game, but didn't know how it would be implemented into the game and be different from the spy. I think you have some good ideas. :)

What about: Player H. Has been asking around town about people, they could be Investigator, Consig, or just plain nosey.

Vague hints for the win! ;D