PDA

View Full Version : Epilogue

Forum Mafia GM
August 12th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Captain Hindsight: CatGal6000, you have been found guilty of treachery and sentenced to be executed. You will be thrown out the nearest airlock where you will die in the cold space.

CatGal6000: But you don't understand, I'm innocent, I swear, Zapp is the guilty one, its Zapp I tell you!

Captain Hindsight: Your fate has already been decided. Do, you have any last words?

CatGal6000: Don't do this, I'm your last chance to find the mafia before its too late.

Captain Hindsight: Lieutenant, seal the air lock... Open the exterior door.

As CatGal6000 froze and died from the lack of oxygen, she barely saw a glimpse of what happened next on the ship. Commander Feralis raised his arm and fired at Captain Hindsight. Followed by Braum doing the same. Having sustained injury the previous night, Captain Hindsight could not survive the combined attacks of 4 of 8 an 5 of 8. After which the Borg turned on the rest of the crew.

Bosco: This can't be happening, its too soon. How were the Borg able to multiply so quickly?

The Great and Mighty PoD: Everyone, get to the Bridge, I'll cover for you. This Klingon will not give into fear of the Borg, YARRG!

Bryan: We must not let the Borg seize control of this ship.

Bosco: Computer, activate self destruct countdown 1 minute.

Computer: Authorization code required!

Bosco: Captain Bosco alpha 1 1 5 8 3 Charlie

Computer: Authorization code accepted. Awaiting confirmation code by another senior officer.

Bryan: I confirm, Lieutenant Bryan Lewellen Beta 3 9 5 1 7 Zeta.

Computer: Ship will self destruct in t minus 1 minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wi8Fv0AJA4

Bosco: Computer, what is that sound?

Computer: That sound is the self destruct sequence alarm.

Bosco: Computer, what happened to all the alarms, bells and whistles?

Computer: The self destruct sequence was reprogrammed on night 2.

Bryan: By who?!?

Computer: Lieutenant Vrih Riuurren.

Computer: Ship will self destruct in t minus 30 seconds!

Bosco: This is the Captain speaking, I wish we had more time but the Borg are advancing on our position so all I can do is to bid you all farewell and goodb-----

http://www.startrek-voyager.nl/wallpapers/borg%203.jpg

To the Hosts great displeasure, the Borg have won. Congratulations to Clementine, Mathblade, Nick, Burnt_Eskamo, and Bigby.

All forums and subforums will be open for viewing purposes shortly. I should have listened to my gut feeling and cancelled this FM before even starting it. I told ApplyNO (my cohost) that if the Borg won, I would be leaving the site, and so I shall return to the shadows until activity increases... which I doubt will ever happen.

Awards:

MVP MVR (Most Valuable Reserves): Mathblade and Clementine, the biggest contributors for the Borg!

Most entertaining solo act: Bigby (Vrih Riuurren)

I can read award: Arrow (Bryan Lewellen), deathworlds (Barack Brobama), Gerik (Zapp Brannigan), Gyver (Bosco) and NoctiZ (Vonax)... the only people to have found all 3 hidden questions in the setup pages.

Lemon awards:

Blank check award: PowerofDeath (The Great and Mighty PoD) - who didn't set a maximum when buying alcohol... he ended up paying 250$ for it.

Give all my money away award: Gyver (Bosco) - who gave all his money to the Ferengi for "store credit" which I ignored (rule of acquisition #1)

Horrible businessman: Ika (Ferengi / Town of Salem) - who continued to do buisiness with Bosco for Free.

Comments about the setup:

What I liked:
The racial distribution was awesome, I didn't expect it to be balanced as well as it was.
The night chats in locations were interesting as well, but the population was a little low for it.
Balance for charge generation and action costs was fine.
Although confusing for most at first, the evening vs night phase gave an interesting twist to the game.

What I would change if I would host this setup again:
Limit it to 1 action per phase, aka no stacks. This would prevent people from just massing charges and not doing anything.
Eliminate the Merchant / control the merchant myself. Wasn't nearly as neutral as I was hoping he would be. And it was the only thing I didn't have time to really setup.
Raise minimum player count..

Name
Race
Alignment
Roles
COM

Vonax
Human
Mafia
Scum Leader, Witch, Framer
NoctiZ

Clement
Human
Mafia
Investigator, Jailer
Fragos

Tim Howard
Klingon
Mafia
Detective, Janitor, Mass murderer
Ash

Kytra
Vulcan
Mafia
Doctor, Lawyer, Sheriff
Damus_Graves

Zapp Brannigan
Vulcan
Mafia
Master, Roleblock, Wizard, Vigilante
Gerik

Jolly Man
Betazoid
Mafia
Poisoner, Amnesiac
Crimson

Barack Brobama
Klingon
Mafia
Drug dealer, Journalist
deathworlds

Bosco
Betazoid
Town
Town Leader, Officer, Spy
Gyver

Bryan Lewellen
Human
Town
Officer, Sheriff
Arrow

Bobba Fett
Klingon
Town
Officer, Depute, Vigilante
Slaolamander

Captain Hindsight
Romulan (appears Vulcan)
Town
Master, Detective, Lookout, Busdriver
Numbertwo

Commander Feralis
Klingon
Town
Janitor, Spy, Busdriver
Helios

The Great and Mighty PoD
Klingon
Town
Roleblock, Journalist
powerofdeath

Badassasaurus Rex
Human
Town
Lookout, Framer, Mass murderer
Orpz

Red is mafia
Human
Town
Wizard, Blacksmith
Eskimo Burnt

Braum
Betazoid
Town
Coroner, Lawyer
Banshis

Barbra Streisand
Vulcan
Town
Doctor, Coroner
Citrus

I dont care
Betazoid
Town
Drug dealer, Roleblock
SHINRamen

Sebastian
Vulcan
Town
Detective, Vigilante
Kusco

CatGal6000
Human
Town
Doctor, Veteran
Auckmid

Commander Spock
Vulcan
Town
Poisoner, Bodyguard
42shadow42

Vrih Riuurren
Romulan (appears Vulcan)
Town
Investigator, Depute
Bigby

Bastian Schweinsteiger
Klingon
Town
Master, Witch, Veteran
Apache

Town of Salem
Ferengi
NPC
Merchant
Ika

Purple Names are those who were Borg'd.

To be honest, I was expecting more cooperation during the day chat, like planning where people would go at night and who would go with them to keep an eye on them to avoid ambushes from the mafia. With the limited charges, I was also expecting more people trying to convince the captain why they should get extra charges.
As for the mafia, I was expecting them to pounce on any revealed officers right away to prevent the Captain from giving away charges to confirmed town. And when the Ferengi started playing against the mafia, I would have expected them to kill him asap... especially since they knew who he was 100% day 2.

Co-Host Comments:
T.T I am 100% surprised by how the game turned out, but no one put a ton of effort into this game sans the Borg. This game had the most passive mafia ever, but that has to do with the fact that most of them became Borg due to inactivity. Its completely depressing that we had to Borgify as many people as we did (Almost half the game!) but what can you do when people sign up then don't play.

Co-Host award goes to Bosco for having Data speak for him. Super entertaining :D.

AppleyNO
August 12th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Now I can turn off invis mode. :D

FM The Great and Mighty PoD
August 12th, 2014, 12:07 PM
wow

Numbertwo
August 12th, 2014, 12:15 PM
This game was over befeore it even started. I wish you would have limited the ammount if inactive players that could be turned into borg.

What would have happened if the ferengi died?

Forum Mafia GM
August 12th, 2014, 12:18 PM
This game was over befeore it even started.

When after the first round of signups, I only had 17 players.... yea, game was over before it started. Should have just cancelled like my gut told me to.

AppleyNO
August 12th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I've added our table of players and made the names of the inactive players red.

August 12th, 2014, 12:25 PM
I couldve killed the scum leader... god damn it...

August 12th, 2014, 12:26 PM
How did each one of those got modkilled?

AppleyNO
August 12th, 2014, 12:28 PM
How did each one of those got modkilled?
They became inactive without reason.

Numbertwo
August 12th, 2014, 12:29 PM
did appley play as the ferengi?

Fragos
August 12th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Not only that. I'm sure it was massive pain for hosts to set up such a large number of night chats every night. From my point of view (as experienced host), there was absolutely no nessecity to make such a complex game. We all know why Elixir's game was so enjoyable - because it used rules that are easy to understand. I'm sure that you will learn that bending the game rules away from our regular Mafia standarts will turn a Forum Mafia game into something that can't be called a Mafia game anymore. I would call it a RPG forum game instead.

So please, don't do such diffucult games. The reason people stopped playing midgame is that your game was largely unimpressive and not interesting. I'm sure that even host at some points have lost interest in mainatining this game, but they were still forced to do it because there were still active players.

AppleyNO
August 12th, 2014, 12:30 PM
did appley play as the ferengi?
No, Ika did. He was also Town of Salem.

August 12th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Not only that. I'm sure it was massive pain for hosts to set up such a large number of night chats every night. From my point of view (as experienced host), there was absolutely no nessecity to make such a complex game. We all know why Elixir's game was so enjoyable - because it used rules that are easy to understand. I'm sure that you will learn that bending the game rules away from our regular Mafia standarts will turn a Forum Mafia game into something that can't be called a Mafia game anymore. I would call it a RPG forum game instead.

So please, don't do such diffucult games. The reason people stopped playing midgame is that your game was largely unimpressive and not interesting. I'm sure that even host at some points have lost interest in mainatining this game, but they were still forced to do it because there were still active players.

I have to agree with Fragos here. It wasnt until Night 3 until I finally understand the game, which was like 25 days after the game started. That was pretty bad. This was unnecessarily uncomplicated. Please stick to regular Forum Mafia.

Fragos
August 12th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Make sure that you can excite other people just by making then read your setup. If you can excite the community by just letting then to see your setup and game rules, then I'm sure that everyone will be able to enjoy the game when it starts. Maybe you should learn that from the upcoming M-FM Poll and see which setup gets the most number of votes and why.

AppleyNO
August 12th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I have to agree with Fragos here. It wasnt until Night 3 until I finally understand the game, which was like 25 days after the game started. That was pretty bad. This was unnecessarily uncomplicated. Please stick to regular Forum Mafia.
What was confusing about how everything was set-up? (This is for future games, obv xD) Was it how things were worded?

There was the location mechanics from FM 14 and 10, except people picked where they wanted to go. There was evening and night, which just meant there were double the locations.
There was the Ferengi, which should have been played by a host. You could buy things to help you and talk to the Ferengi.
There were the Borg, and now that you know how we picked Borg, hopefully you understand why we didn't tell you guys about them.
There was the charge mechanics, which meant everyone could do their role actions, attack, and heal.
There were race mechanics, which just provided different stat bonuses and drawbacks.

Gyver
August 12th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Give all my money away award: Gyver (Bosco) - who gave all his money to the Ferengi for "store credit" which I ignored (rule of acquisition #1)

Horrible businessman: Ika (Ferengi / Town of Salem) - who continued to do buisiness with Bosco for Free.

Who both beat the prisoner's dilemma but ended up pissing off god in the process.

FM Vonax
August 12th, 2014, 12:44 PM
I couldve killed the scum leader... god damn it...

I made myself immune that night, which prevented me from getting borgified.

August 12th, 2014, 12:48 PM
What was confusing about how everything was set-up? (This is for future games, obv xD) Was it how things were worded?

There was the location mechanics from FM 14 and 10, except people picked where they wanted to go. There was evening and night, which just meant there were double the locations.
There was the Ferengi, which should have been played by a host. You could buy things to help you and talk to the Ferengi.
There were the Borg, and now that you know how we picked Borg, hopefully you understand why we didn't tell you guys about them.
There was the charge mechanics, which meant everyone could do their role actions, attack, and heal.
There were race mechanics, which just provided different stat bonuses and drawbacks.

Part of it was organization and wording of the mechanics. It wasn't easy to read the mechanics and when you have questions, its hard to find the answer. Also little part of it was the reluctant to ask the hosts questions because hosts can be an ass when it come to answering the questions.
Part of it was there was too many mechanics to memorize in one day.

SuperJack
August 12th, 2014, 12:52 PM

Honestly, I just looked at it. And it's just to much.
Race, Class, Special, Guess number order, items, locations, charges, stats, other.
Its so much to learn, think and try not to forget.
It's like what Fragos said. It looks much more like a New RPG than a Mafia Game.

But, I think If I was part of it, and people stayed active it would of been fun. Since it does look like a fun game. It's just much to get your head around :)

Forum Mafia GM
August 12th, 2014, 12:53 PM
So please, don't do such diffucult games.

Yayap points to FM-X (most complex FM before this one) & FM16 (where everyone complained about simplicity). Argument invalid... I was checking on the users online activity, the FMs complexity was not the main issue, its that the site is dead.

Arrow
August 12th, 2014, 12:54 PM
To offer a dissenting view, I had a good time, for my first FM. Honestly, the complexity is one of the things that attracted me, since had it been less complex, I might not have signed up. This isn't to denigrate forum mafia, it's just that I've been on the fence about having enough time for a while now, and this looked like it wasn't going to come around again, and so I joined solely because it would be a unique experience!

That said, expect me in future FMs.

Gyver
August 12th, 2014, 12:56 PM
I prefer complexity myself. My only complaint is the punishing of active players by turning modkilled into borg.

Many of Arrow and My reads on scum were accurate and I was going to be making full use of both town Masters using capt charges.

AppleyNO
August 12th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Part of it was organization and wording of the mechanics. It wasn't easy to read the mechanics and when you have questions, its hard to find the answer. Also little part of it was the reluctant to ask the hosts questions because hosts can be an ass when it come to answering the questions.
Part of it was there was too many mechanics to memorize in one day.
T.T Sorry

You did have two weeks :P But reading mechanics and seeing them in action are different. TBH, I had trouble following how things went until Day Two[and I had a bird's eye view of all the forums], and Ika kept throwing us curveballs with his new ideas. We also were vague on the particulars of a role, like the witch affecting day actions, because we wanted roles to be able to act without fear of being immediately found out.

SuperJack
August 12th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Yayap points to FM-X (most complex FM before this one) & FM16 (where everyone complained about simplicity). Argument invalid... I was checking on the users online activity, the FMs complexity was not the main issue, its that the site is dead.

I've only just started coming back, So I have no idea on online activity.
But, I said Even though it was complicated, I would of played it.

Gyver
August 12th, 2014, 01:01 PM
No night chat accounts? Hasn't the lack of separate accounts been used to break a game before? In any case, hi guys. I'm at work right now (on break) but I'll be on more later.

[7/25/2014 6:24:06 AM] Yayap: I'm going to have to ask your to terminate your program tracking the online activity.

Although your conclusions for n1 are inaccurate due to many people asking me questions in the living quarters, I can see this being a problem later when questions will not be as frequent.. Especially if you can see how much a person is posting in the evening/night chat in his location.
[7/25/2014 6:24:56 AM] Yayap: I'm sure you know that in 2-3 nights, you'll know all the mafia names

Forum Mafia GM
August 12th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Also to anyone saying inactivity was because of the mechanics = FM21 had the same activity levels and was simple to understand... I'm just less tolerant and am not afraid to modkill people.

August 12th, 2014, 01:24 PM
I never said this game have low activity was because it was too complicated. I was saying it was too complicated for some active players, yet I still played the whole thing.

Citrus
August 12th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I have a huge ton of thoughts on both this game and the site, but I'm on my phone.

All I'll say now was this was too complex and having inactive players switch to a majority win faction was incredibly I credibly dumb

Numbertwo
August 12th, 2014, 01:40 PM
i wish you would have just replaced the inactive players and put them on some kind of blacklist.

You could have had someone start as borg queen without making other players aware that there is a 3rd faction untill one of the borg dies.

This game had alot of potential but it was ruined by stupid mechanics.

FM Bastian Schweinsteiger
August 12th, 2014, 01:46 PM
wtf?
i have no time to read through everything, just WTF???

August 12th, 2014, 01:46 PM
will have to read tomorrow to understand what's going on

Gyver
August 12th, 2014, 01:52 PM
will have to read tomorrow to understand what's going on

Anyone modkilled due to inactivity was turned into a borg, 12 players were mod killed due to inactivity.

August 12th, 2014, 01:57 PM
so it seems you become borg if inactive
i'm extremely pissed that i got modkilled/borgified
i put much effort into this game, understanding every detail of this setup (see all the questions) and just because i wasn't home one weekend, then forum went down for 2-3 days and no extension (this caused town lose) and today, when forum finally was back online i couldnt come before day end because i was at work and thought that day MUST be extended
and i even posted today
at least i won
but i guess it's time for me to leave fm too. or at least for an undisclosed time

FM Barack Brobama
August 12th, 2014, 02:16 PM
bullshit.

I totally could have won with my politics. Cuz I'm Barack Brobama with a giant ass sword.

FM Barack Brobama
August 12th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Also the inactivity ruined this game.

I loved the setup tho.

Forum Mafia GM
August 12th, 2014, 02:21 PM
bullshit.

I totally could have won with my politics. Cuz I'm Barack Brobama with a giant ass sword.

I didn't get the chance to use this:

http://faithandsurvival.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ObamaBorg.jpg

deathworlds
August 12th, 2014, 02:22 PM
I'm keeping that.

August 12th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Also i saw mathblade reading my quarter
Thought he was some kind of observer or cohost

deathworlds
August 12th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Also i saw mathblade reading my quarter
Thought he was some kind of observer or cohost

Same.

Forum Mafia GM
August 12th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Borg didn't have access to your quarters, cpt chat or mafia chat, but had read access to all locations.

Citrus
August 12th, 2014, 03:02 PM
All inactive players inadvertently won

Best setup NA

deathworlds
August 12th, 2014, 03:44 PM
What would of happened when Ferengi Died?

What would of happened when Borg Quenn died?

powerofdeath
August 12th, 2014, 03:56 PM
If ferengi died, he will respawn 2 days later with very large bounty on people who was involved with his death.

powerofdeath
August 12th, 2014, 03:57 PM
I dont think there was a Borg Queen, if there were, then it wasnt a living player.

deathworlds
August 12th, 2014, 04:02 PM
I did not receive my charge spread to me day 3.

qq

Voss
August 12th, 2014, 04:19 PM
i was looking forward to playing another big FM, but the thing that turned me off from this was the idea about the different race. At that point, it seemed more RPG. I really think this has less to do with 'site being dead' than the rpg like game this was. props to the hosts though for designing it.

looking forward to the next big fm.

powerofdeath
August 12th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Did the Ferengi win?

ika
August 12th, 2014, 04:20 PM
well seeing how part of me needs to live otherwise i lose half $$+inventory and everyone is a FUCKING PR...

everyone had doc abilities
everyone had vig abilites
both used by charges

really people complain about being citizens? how about hre where everyone was a pr...

im glad i had most scum team pegged as well (tim howard was kinda obvious after the night)

i jsut got home but ill post more indeph later

Bigby
August 12th, 2014, 04:21 PM
THANK YOU for my first ever FM! Was a great time. Who said being alone with a state of the art Computer and 50,000 buttons to push isn't a good time?

Well Played Borg Family! Thank you for having me.

FM Town of Salem
August 12th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Oh btw, im reading borg right now and i was aware of the existance of the role before the game began.

FM Town of Salem
August 12th, 2014, 05:13 PM
more post to come as i read though

@clem+mathblade, i am not pissed at all, you 2 still need to learn i have a diffrent mindset as neutral.

@math: you scum meta is kinda obvious to me now ;)

also for why i outed day 2 and gambited like hell was because of

rule of asquistion number 62:
The riskier the road, the greater the profit.

FM Town of Salem
August 12th, 2014, 05:17 PM
@clem the reason i shafted red is maf is due to how mathblade approached me on outing me. if she decided to try to play it off better and not tunnel me like she did i might of been mor einclined to help.

plus i know your deep hated for neutrals so i had to get thigns ready

FM Town of Salem
August 12th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Ferengi put a bounty on Red is mafia for pissing him off. LOL.

Never cross the money guy.
^that, never tempt me when im in power, i will be quick to backstab you

deathworlds
August 12th, 2014, 05:30 PM
I was the only Mafia to actually kill someone...

I should get an award for that.

FM Town of Salem
August 12th, 2014, 05:54 PM
n3 of vonnax maf chat is funny.

i pegged the scum team based of affilations and easy scumtells by any scum (neutral hunting)

AppleyNO
August 12th, 2014, 06:15 PM
What would of happened when Borg Quenn died?
There was no Borg Queen.....

However, Yayap did say N3 to me that FM Game Master is the Borg Queen, has 9,999 HP, and the game ends if we die.

>.>

Gerik
August 12th, 2014, 07:46 PM
I see that you marked me as "modkilled" even though I requested to be replaced. So be it.

because we wanted roles to be able to act without fear of being immediately found out.[/COLOR]

You say that, but then you made the role of "master" (my role) detectable in every single thing it did...

I have more thoughts on this game which I will post later.

Nick
August 12th, 2014, 07:50 PM
@ika

You should offer them special deals for creating stuff, which allows you to copy and sell. If not they will just save their charges and do nothing.

Nick
August 12th, 2014, 07:55 PM

I do agree that this game is more complicated. But apparently although it is complicated, nobody bothered to discuss about it, or keep track of the complicated information.

ika
August 12th, 2014, 07:58 PM
@ika

You should offer them special deals for creating stuff, which allows you to copy and sell. If not they will just save their charges and do nothing.

Well the host intended for them to do it, even if they did nnothign i could of made deals with alc. i think it was more due to the fact everyone was passive and did nothing was the main problem. my main problem was trying to remain neutral, when scums are just apparent its real hard for me to just ildyl stand there. even when someone was askign things aobut my role that i knew, it was hard pressed for me to sit there.

also add int he fact i have no clue who was a blacksmith/doc/ect is also problomatic. i do agree with yap though if this is to eb hosted again, it should be done with host-merchant

Nick
August 12th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Who both beat the prisoner's dilemma but ended up pissing off god in the process.

Good job for both of you.

Those two awards from host are contradictory.

ika
August 12th, 2014, 08:01 PM
I do agree that this game is more complicated. But apparently although it is complicated, nobody bothered to discuss about it, or keep track of the complicated information.

that, people here just sign up for whatever and then just leave. every setup here has some sort of complication to it in them and i enjoyed that. the fact that its dead as ever is what tells.

its also has been why i have been playing elsewhere as well...

Nick
August 12th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Host-merchant will mean that host will have unnecessary influence to direct the course of the game...

My advice as "Captain Hindsight". You could have announced promotions (or discount for stuff with inflated prices) in the bar during the day you know? Or offer vouchers for producing stuff for you. Advantages: 1) They are motivated to produced stuff for you, 2) They will be inclined to use the vouchers to buy stuff and top-up the differences with their money.

AppleyNO
August 12th, 2014, 08:07 PM
You say that, but then you made the role of "master" (my role) detectable in every single thing it did...

Not my setup :P

Nick
August 12th, 2014, 08:09 PM
i was looking forward to playing another big FM, but the thing that turned me off from this was the idea about the different race. At that point, it seemed more RPG. I really think this has less to do with 'site being dead' than the rpg like game this was. props to the hosts though for designing it.

looking forward to the next big fm.

Different races just means different roles. Only more complicated.

Seemed like RPG but it is not.

Yayap
August 12th, 2014, 08:22 PM
@gerik making you a master was more intended that you make a fellow scum your student so that he can do actions half price... As well as destroy any argument about someone being master = confirmed town.

ika
August 12th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Host-merchant will mean that host will have unnecessary influence to direct the course of the game...

personally i am inclined to have that b/c the host can do the deals as needed to keep it ballenced. i had a secondary objective of staying alive due to me losing half money on death. also given the fact that the role was stll being reworked every day in a diffrent manner kinda played agianst me in a fasion

My advice as "Captain Hindsight". You could have announced promotions (or discount for stuff with inflated prices) in the bar during the day you know? Or offer vouchers for producing stuff for you. Advantages: 1) They are motivated to produced stuff for you, 2) They will be inclined to use the vouchers to buy stuff and top-up the differences with their money.

Again I think with host-merch it would be avoided. or at least have a player who does not need to survive as well.

the biggest problem i had with it really was the fact that i could die any moment, i played a huged risk in the manner of outing self day 2 (kinda) and kinda went against what host wanted, but at the same time i felt somewhat restricted on what i could do due to the fact i had to also be host dependent on sevral things

Gerik
August 12th, 2014, 09:47 PM
@gerik making you a master was more intended that you make a fellow scum your student so that he can do actions half price... As well as destroy any argument about someone being master = confirmed town.

Yeah. Considered doing just that, but my scum team never commented on it when I brought it up. Eventually, given my schedule and the fact that it didn't seem that many people were putting time into the game, my interested waned and I asked to be replaced.

As to the complexity of the game, though it may have turned some away from the game, I feel like those who signed up knew what they were getting into (for the most part) and should've not signed if they thought it would be an issue. On an unrelated note- it seemed to me that the balance favored town, especially as far as kills were concerned. Town had both the lynch and a player that could one-shot people during the day (not to mention other town attacks/abilities). Scum had to have every member use an attack action on one person at night to kill them, limiting the use of their other abilities. And the "attacking during day reveals you" mechanic was interesting (and fitting for RP) but I think ultimately proved too strong a tool for town since it basically turned day-kills into an alternate lynch which essentially confirmed people as town. The only reason this didn't pan out is because all replacements/modkills became "borg" instead of simply being replaced or getting killed. I guess the borg were just designed as a failsafe for if too many people were inactive, but it seems odd to present it as a win for them.

Orpz
August 12th, 2014, 09:59 PM
I still have no idea what anything is other than Human

ika
August 12th, 2014, 10:09 PM
On an unrelated note- it seemed to me that the balance favored town, especially as far as kills were concerned. Town had both the lynch and a player that could one-shot people during the day (not to mention other town attacks/abilities).

Actualy this was more due to the fact POD got red alc (rom ale) that gave +2 charges.

I think the game was ballenced overall but the sheer inactivity/passive play/dead site is what made it town-sided at first.

I think if thisgame was ran under acitve memebers, actual agressiona and plays and not just how it floped, it would be more panned out

ika
August 12th, 2014, 10:16 PM
hey yap what was the amount of the bounty going to be in event i died?

FM Vrih Riuurren
August 12th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Awards:

MVP MVR (Most Valuable Reserves): Mathblade and Clementine, the biggest contributors for the Borg!

Most entertaining solo act: Bigby (Vrih Riuurren)

We going to get super awesome graphics for the awards? ^^

Yayap
August 12th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Yeah. Considered doing just that, but my scum team never commented on it when I brought it up. Eventually, given my schedule and the fact that it didn't seem that many people were putting time into the game, my interested waned and I asked to be replaced.

As to the complexity of the game, though it may have turned some away from the game, I feel like those who signed up knew what they were getting into (for the most part) and should've not signed if they thought it would be an issue. On an unrelated note- it seemed to me that the balance favored town, especially as far as kills were concerned. Town had both the lynch and a player that could one-shot people during the day (not to mention other town attacks/abilities). Scum had to have every member use an attack action on one person at night to kill them, limiting the use of their other abilities. And the "attacking during day reveals you" mechanic was interesting (and fitting for RP) but I think ultimately proved too strong a tool for town since it basically turned day-kills into an alternate lynch which essentially confirmed people as town. The only reason this didn't pan out is because all replacements/modkills became "borg" instead of simply being replaced or getting killed. I guess the borg were just designed as a failsafe for if too many people were inactive, but it seems odd to present it as a win for them.

As ika pointed out, the only reason pod could 1shot was because he was constantly buying the right alcohol for himself. I tried to balance it for 3 days for a kill for Klingons without extra charges. Mafia had 2 Klingons and +2 charges given out by the leader. I would have thought that mafia would have had plenty of charges to attack at night... Including enough for a 1 shot each night + combined attacks for increased kpn.

If I had decided to "kill" those that became Borg, game would have been unbalanced beyond redemption. Borg win is the equivalent of me cancelling the rest of the game.

As it was mafia only had clement, someone who wasted his charges confirming what mafia already knew about town of Salem. Barack, who was the only mafia that did anything and the scum leader, who was borderline for being mod killed on multiple days. A 2 man team in a setup that relied on team work just wouldn't work.

Town had many disadvantages as well, Bryan being revealed was a hit I thought would result in a big loss or major effort by town to keep him alive.

Town didn't fall into the trap I set for them with the jailer... Aka the only jailer was scum.

And cot hindsight got lucky when he picked the captain as his student.

With all that going on, I think it was pretty obvious that Bryan, bosco and town of Salem had a deal going on that mafia needed to stop... Which mafia pretty much ignored, even with Tim telling you in the night chat that the ferengi was naming all of you scum... None of you even proposed to stop it. Which was a sad point from a hosts point of view.

MathBlade
August 12th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Wow game ended. Not surprised based on some of the convos. I skim read the thread and well this game was very different in terms of meta. Had a ton of RL (which is still going on) and other things that made me not as strong as I should have been. It also didn't hurt that Red just became a do whatever the fuck I wanted character and maintain interest while teaching Star Trek. I would be curious to see what you think you picked up about my scum meta Ika.

Overall it was a lot of fun. It was complex and I think if I had more time outside of RL I would have avoided derpy questions.

About reading of Living quarters etc I did not read any account that wasn't Borg but we did have access to Night locations and Night chats if a Borg was present and we had to log in as that Borg. (e.g MathBlade could not read mafia night chat but FM Tim Howard could). When accounts became Borg we got access to their living quarters.

Towards the end it got harder to argue with myself and I feel bad for playing Kytra like I did at the end and deceiving Citrus. I figured a lot of people were confused and I used that to try to get him to sheep me. When the site went down and RL piled up I disappeared. Kudos to the rest of the Borg for stepping up.

I signed up as a reserve initially to just have something fun to read while moving to California. Sorry it turned into a lot more and kudos to everyone else for helping. Tis a shame I never got to use my alts that I dreamed up :P I did Kytra a little because Clueless = hilarious movie.

Kudos to Yayap and AppleyNO for being such good hosts. *pushes over a drink of their choice redeemable if we ever meet in person*

Overall may no one please kill this Fleshy Bit as she is no longer Borg.

MathBlade
August 12th, 2014, 10:50 PM
We going to get super awesome graphics for the awards? ^^

Agreed!! Clementine deserved an awards for Borg and Nick
VR deserves awards for most laughter (outside of my trolly posts)
For most towny I would probably say PoD
And best scum I would go with Barack.
I hope we can still vote though.

I am so sad though. I went Titus hunting and she wasn't here :(

MathBlade
August 12th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Ok and ika good job with the Ferengi
It was me posting with clementine advice. Sorry to annoy you we realized who you were and thought you'd know you could lie. *hides from ika barrage* I was trying to look über towny by pointing out everyone trusted you against Star Trek meta. If it wasn't for that sheriff check I dunno what would have happened.

Great work sir. *looks around for ika sustenance* If you find yourself in California I hope you say hi.

ika
August 12th, 2014, 11:17 PM
Ok and ika good job with the Ferengi
It was me posting with clementine advice. Sorry to annoy you we realized who you were and thought you'd know you could lie. *hides from ika barrage* I was trying to look über towny by pointing out everyone trusted you against Star Trek meta. If it wasn't for that sheriff check I dunno what would have happened.

Great work sir. *looks around for ika sustenance* If you find yourself in California I hope you say hi.

well i want to see another scum game b/c if this is how it is i know a scumtell and a towntell from you.

I didnt mind that you guys knew me, i just think you guys were not expecting what played out. some adivce is this: dont provke me, when i have powers i am not afird to use them. there are certain triggers that will make me act in the manner.

I reacted in that fasion b/c i know clem has a thing for being aginst neutrals and will kill them on sight.

i was not aware as you think on many of the things, if you check my quarters and see the talk with host you will see that a lot of it was not really fully known.

using star trek meta was not a good case tbh, if you look at other things i basicly went flat out saying "i will not provide false feedback" due to the fact my wincon depended on my surivvial.

even if we didnt sheirff check you, i think i/we had enough momentum against you to where I could still win it. I had bryan+bosco under my trust factor enough and they had enough voice to where i could be fine.

when you guys claim ferargi, i had no implication to go against it, in fact i enjoyed the clusterfuck it made due tot he fact it does nothing to me.

Nick
August 12th, 2014, 11:26 PM
As it was mafia only had clement, someone who wasted his charges confirming what mafia already knew about town of Salem.

Surely mafia would not want to kill an innocent town? Captain is no threat to mafia anyways.

powerofdeath
August 12th, 2014, 11:28 PM
It seems like the same players are being modkilled from inactivity, I remember those who was modkilled in my M-FM also got modkilled here.

I had to replace out like 5 people.

Why bother signing up if you aren't gonna play it at all?

MathBlade
August 12th, 2014, 11:33 PM
well i want to see another scum game b/c if this is how it is i know a scumtell and a towntell from you.

I didnt mind that you guys knew me, i just think you guys were not expecting what played out. some adivce is this: dont provke me, when i have powers i am not afird to use them. there are certain triggers that will make me act in the manner.

I reacted in that fasion b/c i know clem has a thing for being aginst neutrals and will kill them on sight.

i was not aware as you think on many of the things, if you check my quarters and see the talk with host you will see that a lot of it was not really fully known.

using star trek meta was not a good case tbh, if you look at other things i basicly went flat out saying "i will not provide false feedback" due to the fact my wincon depended on my surivvial.

even if we didnt sheirff check you, i think i/we had enough momentum against you to where I could still win it. I had bryan+bosco under my trust factor enough and they had enough voice to where i could be fine.

when you guys claim ferargi, i had no implication to go against it, in fact i enjoyed the clusterfuck it made due tot he fact it does nothing to me.

:) Glad you had fun. I wish I could like button this post.

Time to try to sleep again *sigh*

Gyver
August 13th, 2014, 06:31 AM
I do have a couple of complaints on some of the mechanics.

I think people either started with too much money or couldn't generate money fast enough. Town would've been drained pretty fast.

Even without a ton of people becoming borg I'm not a fan of cult gaining access to basically all night chats (if they convert an officer or mafia).

I think having 3 possible times in which a person can do an action ridiculously nerfs dets, lookouts and bus drivers.

Gerik
August 13th, 2014, 07:08 AM
As ika pointed out, the only reason pod could 1shot was because he was constantly buying the right alcohol for himself. I tried to balance it for 3 days for a kill for Klingons without extra charges. Mafia had 2 Klingons and +2 charges given out by the leader. I would have thought that mafia would have had plenty of charges to attack at night... Including enough for a 1 shot each night + combined attacks for increased kpn.

If I had decided to "kill" those that became Borg, game would have been unbalanced beyond redemption. Borg win is the equivalent of me cancelling the rest of the game.

As it was mafia only had clement, someone who wasted his charges confirming what mafia already knew about town of Salem. Barack, who was the only mafia that did anything and the scum leader, who was borderline for being mod killed on multiple days. A 2 man team in a setup that relied on team work just wouldn't work.

Town had many disadvantages as well, Bryan being revealed was a hit I thought would result in a big loss or major effort by town to keep him alive.

Town didn't fall into the trap I set for them with the jailer... Aka the only jailer was scum.

And cot hindsight got lucky when he picked the captain as his student.

With all that going on, I think it was pretty obvious that Bryan, bosco and town of Salem had a deal going on that mafia needed to stop... Which mafia pretty much ignored, even with Tim telling you in the night chat that the ferengi was naming all of you scum... None of you even proposed to stop it. Which was a sad point from a hosts point of view.

Well to be fair, the ferengi was supposed to be a pseudo-cohost with no win condition... ie. completely neutral... During the time I played the game, I didn't care about the Ferengi because, as I stated a few times in the night chat, we should have no reason to care about a completely neutral party. The fact that this was an incorrect assessment is more a failure on the Ferengi's part and a bit on yours as well for choosing to implement him the way you did. So perhaps we should've put a stop to it... but there shouldn't have been anything we needed to stop in the first place. Also this:

[7/19/14, 10:31:45 PM] Yayap: he is mostly just a uber neutral player
[7/19/14, 10:32:23 PM] Gerik: Then why doesn't he count?
[7/19/14, 10:32:39 PM] Yayap: because he doesn't vote
[7/19/14, 10:33:01 PM] Gerik: He's not allowed to?
[7/19/14, 10:33:09 PM] Yayap: votes won't count
[7/19/14, 10:33:51 PM] Gerik: But he can still make them.
[7/19/14, 10:34:10 PM] Gerik: ie.
[7/19/14, 10:34:28 PM] Gerik: I can't propose for everyone to vote someone randomly to find the ferengi
[7/19/14, 10:34:32 PM] Gerik: right?
[7/19/14, 10:35:17 PM] Yayap: now why would you want to do that?
[7/19/14, 10:36:15 PM] Yayap: you'll most likely be getting your weapons from him
[7/19/14, 10:36:54 PM] Gerik: Well if he has a win condition, and it's not the same as mine (and I don't know what it is exactly), that means it might conflict with mine. Plus, since he is targetable and such, I figure there must be a reason for it.
[7/19/14, 10:37:44 PM] Yayap: His win condition is literally: Make more money!
[7/19/14, 10:37:55 PM] Gerik: oh lol
[7/19/14, 10:39:33 PM] Gerik: so then... why IS he targetable?
[7/19/14, 10:40:36 PM] Yayap: prevent him from selling weapons to the mafia?

As to PoD, the alcohol is another thing that benefitted town more than scum. Sure they had to spend some time figuring out which was good and bad for them, but they could do that relatively quickly and reap the benefits. For scum it seemed better to save money for when certain weapons (namely the Varon-T Disruptor) came into play that were promised in the setup (which never arrived, afaik).

ika
August 13th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Well to be fair, the ferengi was supposed to be a pseudo-cohost with no win condition... ie. completely neutral... During the time I played the game, I didn't care about the Ferengi because, as I stated a few times in the night chat, we should have no reason to care about a completely neutral party. The fact that this was an incorrect assessment is more a failure on the Ferengi's part and a bit on yours as well for choosing to implement him the way you did. So perhaps we should've put a stop to it... but there shouldn't have been anything we needed to stop in the first place.

it was the orginal intention for me to be a co-host and not be a player at all, it got changed afterwards. aslo even though my goal is to make money it does not mean i can act pro-town or anti-town, i am allowed to act as i plaease. im sure yap wasnt happy with the way i acted but it comesback to my sig where host cant realyl do much about it.

As to PoD, the alcohol is another thing that benefitted town more than scum. Sure they had to spend some time figuring out which was good and bad for them, but they could do that relatively quickly and reap the benefits. For scum it seemed better to save money for when certain weapons (namely the Varon-T Disruptor) came into play that were promised in the setup (which never arrived, afaik).

T-disurptor is one shot, i think it owuld of been better to have the acl boost then just a weapon. plus i was going to make that weapon super expensive (more then $100)

August 13th, 2014, 09:24 AM
i request "modkilled" to be renamed to just converted or borgified/borged or assimilated and that converted COMs are no longer red

reasons:
1) this event was obviously part of gameplay, like in normal cult games. modkills are not part of gameplay, it's an external circumstance.
2) most people didn't deserve to be modkilled, because they were still active. and yes it matters, for statistics etc. modkills do not only affect the game, the range is far bigger, as it affects future fms etc
3) it's not in the rules that you get modkilled if you post like less than 10 times a day. it says "If you sign up, I expect you to play."
reading day chat and making 1 or several post is playing.

i also don't like that my other critique was completely ignored. it's almost like the hosts wanted town to lose on d4, because after the downtime there was like 12h left. obviously not everyone can show up during these 12h.

given the inactivity of people and/or the extreme rules for conversion the setup was ridiculously unbalanced, no way for us or mafia to win as of d4

ika
August 13th, 2014, 09:39 AM
i request "modkilled" to be renamed to just converted or borgified/borged or assimilated and that converted COMs are no longer red

modkills=borgified

reasons:
1) this event was obviously part of gameplay, like in normal cult games. modkills are not part of gameplay, it's an external circumstance.
dont be inavitve, they were put in as a limitation for the game, technacly everyone could heal for all eternatiy, and again, modkill was the borg recutiment meathood

2) most people didn't deserve to be modkilled, because they were still active. and yes it matters, for statistics etc. modkills do not only affect the game, the range is far bigger, as it affects future fms etc
its host discression what dictate a modkill

3) it's not in the rules that you get modkilled if you post like less than 10 times a day. it says "If you sign up, I expect you to play."
again, its host discression what is "active" and what is inactive

i also don't like that my other critique was completely ignored. it's almost like the hosts wanted town to lose on d4, because after the downtime there was like 12h left. obviously not everyone can show up during these 12h.

borgs already won, there was no reason for the day to continue

given the inactivity of people and/or the extreme rules for conversion the setup was ridiculously unbalanced, no way for us or mafia to win as of d4

then dont be inacive, yap sai in the prime of this site, borg would never had a chance, all you can do is blame the players for inactivity

also:

[8/11/2014 9:35:25 PM] yayap: Once you see the Borg recruitment mechanics, you'll see that Borg would never have stood a chance in the glory days of the site.
[8/11/2014 9:35:36 PM] yayap: So it's not because I made Borg op
[8/11/2014 9:35:54 PM] ika: its that players are passive....

[8/11/2014 9:38:49 PM] yayap: Borg recruitment mechanics = all modkills become borg

the fault comes to inactivity, yap made the perfect counter-ballence to modkills, give them to another type of role to play.

lets take it from if every modkill was taken account for, it would of been 2 scums left over and been an easy sweep for town

ika
August 13th, 2014, 09:41 AM
if i was town or maf i would of rather had this ending then win/lose by mod intervention of modkills tbh

August 13th, 2014, 10:32 AM
I prefer complexity myself. My only complaint is the punishing of active players by turning modkilled into borg.

Many of Arrow and My reads on scum were accurate and I was going to be making full use of both town Masters using capt charges.

really, i would have gotten charges? if you had created a chat with me once and trusted me, it'd be pretty nice, i could always make you stay on alert for 0.5 c (or twice for 1c) (but you would've needed a nice weapon), let you witch guys for 2c and especially i could have done a lot of kills (if i knew there were so many borg, i would have gone on rampage, i had lots of charges saved already (because i'm hard to kill) but it kind of sucked that borg were so OP hard to kill... impossible for town to beat them). klingons were only supposed to get 1 charge, but with master i already got 2 and then the death of romulan, 3 per night plus additional 3 captain charges and maybe 2 of red alc, that's 2 kills each night

however i dont like that captain was also an officer, it's super easy and boring to spread charges to confirmed town

in general i am just dissappointed about the fast end of this game, i did take the time to understand all this (yes it was much, but not too much and i don't think it was complicated after all, as it was pretty easy to understand, what i hated though is that i had to ask sooo many questions which were left open by the setup and some answers were really surprising, like you could stack actions and you are informed who attacks you, all this was never mentioned in the setup), which now feels completely in vain and the mechanics in general were actually fun. some mechanics sucked too (more maybe later) and what most sucked is that everything was secret. i mean can't you make public rolecards like every setup has? why didn't we know what happens if the ferengi dies? and worst of all, the borg. yes you couldnt tell us that inactives (or better say less active) are converted. but it still sucked. also all the other things should have been open, like borgs can read everything (which sucked pretty hard btw, you'd think that you're on your own with the others in your night location). borgs are controlled by external players. there is no thing such as borg queen among the players. all this could have reduced our confusion. and you should have told us the meaning of the code, that it shows how many borg there are. no one could even imagine there being 8 borg as of d3, that's ridiculous. then we would've tried better to keep them under control. instead your rp made us believe borg are not the real threat.

also why was the item list and location list not in the races thread? these are things you always have to look up and special mechanics, so it would have been easier to handle

Citrus
August 13th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Yeah sorry but I just think this was absolutely terrible implementation for an FM. Like why the fuck would you think it's ok to make a game where modkills -> cult. At the very least just remove them from the game and let the remaining players play with what's left. You're giving people a hard time for all the inactive players, but what about the players that actually tried? People like Ika and Gyver NumberTwo that actually put in effort.

I can understand frustration at the lack of player interest/activity, but it's a really really fucking dumb decision to just throw the game and act all pissy when you wasted the time of some of those players that actually read and tried to work with all those rules. And then you throw sarcastic-as-fuck 'awards' to the people that did what you wanted and tried? If you're going to hit everyone with a stick, would you really expect player interest/activity to increase.

Fuck your 'herp derp player base sucks' attitude when you just shat on the players that tried.

Citrus
August 13th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Mechanics comments:

The setup seems fun in hindsight. I think the evenings/nights should have been combined with the player count being so low

Citrus
August 13th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Yeah sorry but I just think this was absolutely terrible implementation for an FM. Like why the fuck would you think it's ok to make a game where modkills -> cult. At the very least just remove them from the game and let the remaining players play with what's left. You're giving people a hard time for all the inactive players, but what about the players that actually tried? People like Ika and Gyver NumberTwo that actually put in effort.

I can understand frustration at the lack of player interest/activity, but it's a really really fucking dumb decision to just throw the game and act all pissy when you wasted the time of some of those players that actually read and tried to work with all those rules. And then you throw sarcastic-as-fuck 'awards' to the people that did what you wanted and tried? If you're going to hit everyone with a stick, would you really expect player interest/activity to increase.

Fuck your 'herp derp player base sucks' attitude when you just shat on the players that tried.

tl;dr hosts are hypocritical as fuck for throwing the game due to inactivity and complaining about time wasted, when they wasted the time of the few people that put in a ton of effort. And then they "Lemon Awarded" half of those effort players with sarcastic jabs at them

August 13th, 2014, 10:49 AM

modkills=borgified
but i request this to be changed
reasons:
dont be inavitve, they were put in as a limitation for the game, technacly everyone could heal for all eternatiy, and again, modkill was the borg recutiment meathood
explain how the game could have never ended. but this doesn't even matter because:
i know it was their recruitment method and i'm fine by that but it should be considered as a 'modkill'
only to some extent
technically inactive means afk which means posting 0 times. active is the opposite so posts > 0

they won because day didn't continue, didnt they?

then dont be inacive, yap sai in the prime of this site, borg would never had a chance, all you can do is blame the players for inactivity
players will always be inactive, that's given from higher powers. and everyone knows the site is dead, so you just can't make such a setup. of course you can now say that it's our fault, but you should have known, so it's not our fault
also:

[8/11/2014 9:35:25 PM] yayap: Once you see the Borg recruitment mechanics, you'll see that Borg would never have stood a chance in the glory days of the site.

[8/11/2014 9:38:49 PM] yayap: Borg recruitment mechanics = all modkills become borg

the fault comes to inactivity, yap made the perfect counter-ballence to modkills, give them to another type of role to play.

lets take it from if every modkill was taken account for, it would of been 2 scums left over and been an easy sweep for town

ika
August 13th, 2014, 10:55 AM
i request "modkilled" to be renamed to just converted or borgified/borged or assimilated and that converted COMs are no longer red[/COLOR][/B]

modkills=borgified
but i request this to be changed
but it wont.... yap mad it liek this
reasons:
explain how the game could have never ended. but this doesn't even matter because:
i know it was their recruitment method and i'm fine by that but it should be considered as a 'modkill'
well no shit, but if that was known the game would of been easily imallenced. a host has every right to do what they like, also he stated hes not going to answer evey question

only to some extent
no its entirely host decision, its all viewpoints

technically inactive means afk which means posting 0 times. active is the opposite so posts > 0
technacly, again it goes to host decision

they won because day didn't continue, didnt they?

players will always be inactive, that's given from higher powers. and everyone knows the site is dead, so you just can't make such a setup. of course you can now say that it's our fault, but you should have known, so it's not our fault
he was planning on not hosting to begin with, the fact he did means something.

also:

lets take it from if every modkill was taken account for, it would of been 2 scums left over and been an easy sweep for town[/QUOTE]

ika
August 13th, 2014, 10:56 AM
host reserve the rights to do waht they deem is right, i have played setups that are entirly closed and has no roles revealed or any question answered, the fact that he answers most of it is something you should be greatful for.

Yayap
August 13th, 2014, 10:57 AM

reasons:
Negative, modkills were never factored into the gameplay, I simply gave the accounts to the Observers instead of outright killing them off.

90% of people I modkilled didn't even sign in to the account for more than 48 hours during the day.. It wasn't just based on post count, I was checking when the person was last online... aka the last possible time he could have even read the game. If the person was online and just lurking, I didn't necessarily modkill them.

Reading day chat is playing... posting once or twice then going afk for 3 real time days is not.

i also don't like that my other critique was completely ignored. it's almost like the hosts wanted town to lose on d4, because after the downtime there was like 12h left. obviously not everyone can show up during these 12h. Day was open for more than 48h before site went down, was up for another 12+ hours after... You gonna complain that I didn't extend day when its already 12hours longer than any previous FM.
I could have wrote epilogue instead of day 4, because Borg had secured the win. It was only because Borg technically didn't have majority at the start of day that I let it go on. So yes, I didn't care whatsoever day 4, epilogue was happening regardless of the outcome.

given the inactivity of people and/or the extreme rules for conversion the setup was ridiculously unbalanced, no way for us or mafia to win as of d4 You are right, why do you think I ended the game! given the inactivity of people, I cancelled the game... aka Borg win.

Numbertwo
August 13th, 2014, 11:09 AM
So your punishing the active players becouse some people are inactive? You could have replaced them instead of turning all inactive players into cult. It looked like you had plenty of reserves.

We never reached the point where we couldn't lynch becouse of inactivity.

Yayap
August 13th, 2014, 11:48 AM
It looked like you had plenty of reserves.

People who signed up as reserves = Nick and Mathblade. Hardly what I would call "plenty".... especially since I barely had a decent amount of people to play.

You all complaining that I'm punishing the living players by ending it... look at the balance after the modkills.... its no longer a FM, and I refuse to waste my time hosting a game that has a 100% certainty of who wins.

August 13th, 2014, 12:12 PM
so why the fuck i got modkilled then, i definitely was online saturday and probably sunday little before forum went down...

August 13th, 2014, 12:14 PM
though i couldnt post because it was from my phone and i didnt have much time

deathworlds
August 13th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I loved the setup and the mechanics, but that one thing... The uber cult.

I already hate playing against cults that can convert anyone, but a cult that gains at 3 surrogates each night?

Bigby
August 13th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Agreed!! Clementine deserved an awards for Borg and Nick
VR deserves awards for most laughter (outside of my trolly posts)
For most towny I would probably say PoD
And best scum I would go with Barack.
I hope we can still vote though.

Second!

powerofdeath
August 13th, 2014, 03:49 PM
BTW for me the site was down until right when the epilogue started.

deathworlds
August 13th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Second!

Third that

MathBlade
August 13th, 2014, 04:43 PM
So I guess we start player awards now?

1) MVP/MVR
2) Best Town
3) Best scum
4) Funniest poster
5) anything I forgot add this

1) Clementine
2) PoD
3) death worlds (Barack Brobama)
4) Bigsby/VR

If you want to do more or less feel free. This is just a suggestion since mods gave out their awards. I just thought player ones might be cool.

FM Vrih Riuurren
August 13th, 2014, 08:00 PM
1) MVP/MVR
2) Best Town
3) Best scum
4) Funniest poster
5) anything I forgot add this

1) Clementine
2) PoD
3) death worlds (Barack Brobama)
4) Bigsby/VR

If you want to do more or less feel free. This is just a suggestion since mods gave out their awards. I just thought player ones might be cool.

1) Clementine/MathBlade
2) PoD (agree)
3) Brobama
4) Hmmmm. Maybe Host/Co Host for adding my Jeopardy ending to the final RP. Made me actually laugh out loud while reading it play out.

August 15th, 2014, 02:12 AM
so why the fuck i got modkilled then, i definitely was online saturday and probably sunday little before forum went down...

can i please have this answered

Helios
August 16th, 2014, 04:43 AM
Well, i got fucked up, because i lost my internet for seriously 15 days.. I really liked the FM, except 2 points, first the day/night circle lenght of 1 week, I know it had to do with the time schedule of the host, but you never had enough to discuss something 3,5 days long,
you could literally read 1 week of the game in 30 minutes sometimes. Then, at least for me it was a waiting game, I literally just waited until i get the 3 charges to use my klingon blade on my suspects, wich was Jolly man the time I lost my internet btw [I know I could have bought the red alcohol, since PoD revealed his effects (and bosco told us in one night chat wich alcohol, belongs to wich race), or talk to Bosco about charges, since it was pretty obvious that he was captain.]
Anyway that were just my 2 cents to it, I´m sry that happened, but even if I found a way to notice the host about the internet fail, I had to be replaced in 15 days of inactivity.

August 16th, 2014, 05:28 AM
can i please have this answered

seems it cannot be justified
this fm was broken

ika
August 16th, 2014, 08:39 AM
this fm was broken

this fm was ballenced, it was cancled by the inactivity

AppleyNO
August 16th, 2014, 12:09 PM
this fm was broken
You were modkilled as an easy way to make sure the few players who were playing didn't waste their time with the night cycle. You were NOT modkilled due to inactivity. <3

I would fix it, but Slaol took FMGM already. If anyone says that you got modkilled in the last FM, I'll fight them. : D

August 17th, 2014, 07:17 AM
well then slaol should remove the red ink from my name

also, does this now count as win for all the modkilled players or only for

Congratulations to Clementine, Mathblade, Nick, Burnt_Eskamo, and Bigby.

also did we kill someone on d4? technically we could still have won because:

9 Town (-1 catgal)
3 Mafia
8 Borg
so 12-8. with their 18 charges borg could have killed max 3. and if they kill the mafia it's town win

even counting me it would have been 11-9

so i dont understand why game ended

Nick
August 17th, 2014, 07:56 AM
End of Day4:

Badassasaurus Rex
Barbra Streisand
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Bosco (jailed)
Bryan Lewellen
The Great and Mighty PoD
Barack Brobama
Clement
Bobba Fett
Braum
Commander Feralis
Commander Spock
Kytra
Sebastian
Tim Howard
Zapp Brannigan
Town of Salem

Captain Hindsight (killed Night4)
Vonax (killed Night4)

Nick
August 17th, 2014, 08:00 AM
so i dont understand why game ended

Host already planned to stop the game at Day4 due to inactivity.

ika
August 17th, 2014, 08:02 AM
also i didnt count technacly as liveing player scince my vote is moot

Helios
August 17th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Also, it already was statet that these aren´t actually modkills, every important person on the forum readed it.
There is no reason, to discuss this so long. xD

Edit: Though that only counts, if you had a reason to be absent.

August 17th, 2014, 08:27 AM
red if mafia isn't red btw in the final list
also i'd like to state that i also answered all 3 hidden questions, but not in time because i signed literally last minute and wanted confirmation that i get to play at all before i read all this :D too bad this costed me $50

nick, how do you know who will be killed n4?

ika
August 17th, 2014, 08:42 AM
really, the borgs had enough power to eliminate whoever they watned. plus jailor.

Nick
August 17th, 2014, 08:52 AM
also i'd like to state that i also answered all 3 hidden questions, but not in time because i signed literally last minute and wanted confirmation that i get to play at all before i read all this :D too bad this costed me $50

Borgs have access to ALL chats.

Nick
August 17th, 2014, 08:55 AM

Even if we fail to eliminate enough town, eg. you witch a Borg, or PoD killed a Borg at N4, town lost majority by D5 (Bosco was jailed).

Nick
August 17th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Baddasaurus Rex didn't post at all during D4.

Yayap
August 18th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Borg had more than enough charges to win the game instantly... but didn't send in the PM to do it all during the day. So to make an official majority, I took the first name that had only 1 post... which was you. Didn't waste my time looking to see who didn't post for a game I was cancelling... aka Badass Rex, which would have been modkilled instead of you if I caught it.

well then slaol should remove the red ink from my name

also, does this now count as win for all the modkilled players or only for

Modkilled accounts were no longer controlled by the original players = They lost outright.

i dont understand why game ended

Game ended because I'm pissed at all the inactivity and had no intention of wasting any more of my time. AKA GAME CANCELLED.

Fragos
August 18th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Bastian, you should log in to your real account and check things out )

And I'll be honest. Yayap planned the game really bad. He, as the host, should have enjoyed hosting the game that he created, and not just to waste his own time, as well as the time of others that can't enjoy the game as well. Take my advice. Make sure that both you and your players can enjoy whatever the game you have created. Use my experience, or take something good from other hosts (like Slaol, for example). I would probably play Book Three just because Slaolmander knows how to make games of good quality!

powerofdeath
August 18th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Bastian, you should log in to your real account and check things out )

And I'll be honest. Yayap planned the game really bad. He, as the host, should have enjoyed hosting the game that he created, and not just to waste his own time, as well as the time of others that can't enjoy the game as well. Take my advice. Make sure that both you and your players can enjoy whatever the game you have created. Use my experience, or take something good from other hosts (like Slaol, for example). I would probably play Book Three just because Slaolmander knows how to make games of good quality!

I think Gerik is the main host of those, that guy never get enough credits for his games.