PDA

View Full Version : Hello

FM Tim Howard
August 5th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Hi Barbra, I am wondering why you chose me as a mind melder.

Maybe we could trade scum lists during the night cycle. I will try to put something together but I am not convinced you aren't lurking scum.

FM Barbra Streisand
August 6th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Yay it went through!

Honestly I'm not too sure what's going on this game, I haven't really been following it. I figured I'd just mind meld with someone I was reasonably sure was town, and yay you got picked!

The good news is I'm a doc/coroner, so I'm willing to sheep/keep you alive for awhile, as long as I'm still sure you're town. :D

We keep this mind meld during the day as well btw, we're connected even through jail/etc.

FM Tim Howard
August 6th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Having a doc/coroner on my side would be awesome. Just give me a chance to check your alignment before I trust you. And yes I have sheriff.

So who is on your scum list?

FM Barbra Streisand
August 6th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Fine by me! I don't have any charges (spent all 6 mind melding), so I won't be able to do anything until tomorrow night onwards.

I don't really have one lol, I haven't been keeping up with the game properly. I got all confused not knowing when Day/Night changes and with the second thread for the Bar.

Err this is a bit awkward but...in the graveyard, there's a green and 2 orange betazoids. The green one was town and the orange ones were scum right?

FM Barbra Streisand
August 6th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Meaning there's 8 scum total? (wow that's a lot...)

FM Barbra Streisand
August 6th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Actually I just had a terrific idea, for when you clear me onwards:

1) We set up a thread in here with a code for you to reveal your checks
2) I mind meld someone you clear as town via sheriff check (when I re-mind meld all old threads are kept)
3) You use the code to identify peoples' alignments. If someone is town I mind meld them the following night and keep the process going. If someone is scum we all can subtly push the lynch. Worst case we can set up someone we know is town to reveal "sheriff" and then I'll keep them alive with heals in case of scum attack

me, you could also direct me to anyone else you've cleared, and we could setup a secret code, since I can move my mind meld freely. Anyone I meld with sees all old chats I think, so we can set up a code thread and then when I move to someone you've cleared you can use the code to reveal what your targets' alignments were. I can make sure you

FM Tim Howard
August 6th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Fine by me! I don't have any charges (spent all 6 mind melding), so I won't be able to do anything until tomorrow night onwards.

I don't really have one lol, I haven't been keeping up with the game properly. I got all confused not knowing when Day/Night changes and with the second thread for the Bar.

Err this is a bit awkward but...in the graveyard, there's a green and 2 orange betazoids. The green one was town and the orange ones were scum right?

Yes 1 town and 2 Borg have died so far.

FM Tim Howard
August 6th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Meaning there's 8 scum total? (wow that's a lot...)

How do you know the amount of scum?

FM Tim Howard
August 6th, 2014, 02:45 PM
LOL you just revealed yourself as mafia.

FM Barbra Streisand
August 6th, 2014, 02:56 PM
(Day 3)
Red is Mafia 1 of 1 (10 forward), Borg - Wizard, Blacksmith
Jolly Man 6 of 8 (10 forward), Borg - Poisoner, Amnesiac

Doesn't that mean 8 mafia? I thought Borg was a race?

FM Barbra Streisand
August 6th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Thoughts on my plan? We can wait til tmrw if you still don't trust me and want to get the results from the sheriff check first

FM Barbra Streisand
Oh and if you discover a mafia and I have the charges I can Vulcan Pinch them to prevent any shenanigans!

FM Barbra Streisand
This game feels broken...

FM Tim Howard
August 6th, 2014, 03:50 PM
(Day 3)
Red is Mafia 1 of 1 (10 forward), Borg - Wizard, Blacksmith
Jolly Man 6 of 8 (10 forward), Borg - Poisoner, Amnesiac

Doesn't that mean 8 mafia? I thought Borg was a race?

Then why is red 1 of 1 and Jolly is 6 of 8? Why not 1 of 8 for red?

FM Tim Howard
August 6th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Sorry I'm really confused. I thought you meant you were on a 6 mafia team and saw 2 Borg dead so you knew it was 8 scum total.

FM Barbra Streisand
August 6th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Then why is red 1 of 1 and Jolly is 6 of 8? Why not 1 of 8 for red?

Wait what

FM Barbra Streisand
August 6th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Wow, I think I saw the "of 8" first and my brain just filled in the other one. What I get for trying to read this stuff while at work.

I still don't understand, so orange means non-town but not necessarily mafia? Like neutrals then?

FM Barbra Streisand
August 6th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Depending, it may be a good idea for me to make you a med-kit tonight and then act as your spokesperson with your sheriff results tmrw, if tmrw you think that's a good idea.

I'd be absolutely shocked if I were night killed tonight. I can't help you out tonight since I used all the charges on the Mind Meld, but as long as we both survive to day start we'll be good to go

Forum Mafia GM
August 6th, 2014, 04:30 PM
This game feels broken...

Then stop dropping it.

FM Tim Howard
August 6th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Depending, it may be a good idea for me to make you a med-kit tonight and then act as your spokesperson with your sheriff results tmrw, if tmrw you think that's a good idea.

I'd be absolutely shocked if I were night killed tonight. I can't help you out tonight since I used all the charges on the Mind Meld, but as long as we both survive to day start we'll be good to go

If you're cleared tonight then we can do such a plan tomorrow.

FM Tim Howard
August 6th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Wow, I think I saw the "of 8" first and my brain just filled in the other one. What I get for trying to read this stuff while at work.

I still don't understand, so orange means non-town but not necessarily mafia? Like neutrals then?

I am not really sure. But Borg is the cult. My guess is that Jolly was culted mafia.

FM Barbra Streisand
August 6th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Then stop dropping it.

It was just an off-hand comment, I'm posting my minimum aren't I?! I'll probably scale my effort up as the game goes, it just feels too much like a clusterfuck right now (but I love the world-building!)

FM Barbra Streisand
August 6th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Word and gotcha cool thanks.

FM Barbra Streisand
August 8th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Ready to start planning with me?

FM Barbra Streisand
August 8th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Who've you checked so far? I'm assuming you have no guilties I can call out in day-chat.

I can toss you a med-pack and switch to mind melding one of your town-checks after setting up a code with ya

FM Tim Howard
August 8th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Yup you are town!

I just hope you didn't swap yourself with me last night. I think Bosco is really scummy but I haven't checked him yet. What do you think?

FM Barbra Streisand
August 8th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Nah as I've said I'm a doc/coroner

I actually liked him for town, though he was town in the Avatar game and it might be throwing me off a bit due to that. He has a lot of sharper posts and he's brought up a few less popular viewpoints which I usually peg as towntells, I think? I might just read an iso later and see see if my gut/read changes. Most of this game I've skimmed

FM Barbra Streisand
August 8th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Oh Bosco claimed bus driven too I just saw, fyi

Have you checked anyone yet? I'm gonna try reading the entire game and start PoE'ing out townreads, but I'd rather do less work if you have some people that are pretty much clear (unless scum leader has detect immunity? But even then that's just 1 player max)

FM Tim Howard
August 8th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Badassaurus Rex is town, Bryan is town.

FM Tim Howard
August 8th, 2014, 06:18 PM
That's just based on chat though.

I've checked Sebastian and you who came up town though.

FM Barbra Streisand
August 8th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Got it. If a wagon forms on Sebastian then, I'll probably come forward and publicly claim mind melded with a sheriff with a town on him, to prevent the mislynch.

I concur on Badassasaurus, though he said he's Orpz right? So he could pull off his style as scum.

Bryan is confirmed town?

FM Tim Howard
August 9th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Got it. If a wagon forms on Sebastian then, I'll probably come forward and publicly claim mind melded with a sheriff with a town on him, to prevent the mislynch.

I concur on Badassasaurus, though he said he's Orpz right? So he could pull off his style as scum.

Bryan is confirmed town?

Badassaurus knew stuff about the town role card before it was publicly posted. So at least he started town.

Bryan is confirmed officer.

FM Barbra Streisand
August 9th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Awesome got it.

Isn't Sebastian town? We should avoid a mislynch starting on him then.

I'm liking Boba Fett right now

FM Barbra Streisand
August 9th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Sebastian
Badass
Bryan
Howard
Barbra

Town of Salem

FM Barbra Streisand
August 9th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Remaining list:

Barack Brobama
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Bobba Fett
Bosco
Braum
Captain Hindsight
CatGal6000
Clement
Commander Feralis
Commander Spock
Kytra
The Great and Mighty PoD
Vonax
Zapp Brannigan

If you want to set up a code with me today to communicate checks and stuff, I can then shift my mind meld to Bryan and continue forming a solid town block

Lemme think of a good way to make a code then I'll post it in the code thread

FM Tim Howard
August 9th, 2014, 02:35 PM
I'm really suspicious of Captain Hindsight right now but what do you think?

FM Barbra Streisand
August 9th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Well he just got confirmed as town by Bryan right?

FM Barbra Streisand
August 9th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Sebastian
Badass
Bryan
Howard
Captain Hindsight
Barbra

Town of Salem

Remaining list:

Barack Brobama
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Bobba Fett
Bosco
Braum
CatGal6000
Clement
Commander Feralis
Commander Spock
Kytra
The Great and Mighty PoD
Vonax
Zapp Brannigan

FM Tim Howard
August 9th, 2014, 09:50 PM
So Bryan really trusts Bosco.

Also I posted suspicions before Captain Hindsight was cleared by Bryan.

FM Tim Howard
August 9th, 2014, 09:51 PM
We should set up a code so I can tell you my results and you can meld Bryan to talk to him.

FM Barbra Streisand
August 10th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Agreed. I'll think more on this today/tmrw, but we after setting it up I'll switch my mind meld over to Bryan and the threads should be conserved over

FM Barbra Streisand
August 11th, 2014, 11:38 PM
CHECK THE CODES THREAD!!!

Thoughts?

I'm planning on healing Captain Hindsight tonight (in the evening).

I'm thinking of visiting the Brig. Thoughts where you're going/when?