July 29th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Welcome:
Badassasaurus Rex
Bryan Lewellen
Commander Feralis
Commander Spock
Red is mafia
The Great and Mighty PoD

You all get to talk to each other here, feel free to make other threads if you wish, other players will not be able to see this forum....... at least not unless they pay the Ferengi for a recording.

FM Ferengi
July 29th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Welcome looks like things are not going so well for you guys now with the borg existence.

I wonder who you can trust now?

FM Bryan Lewellen
July 29th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Good evening, everyone.

FM Ferengi
July 29th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Good evening, everyone.

Good evening, how are you?

FM Bryan Lewellen
July 29th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Not that hot. Spending a lot of time in personal reflection.

Also, can you give me an estimate on when you'll get certain supplies in, or is that unknown?

FM Ferengi
July 29th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Not that hot. Spending a lot of time in personal reflection.

Also, can you give me an estimate on when you'll get certain supplies in, or is that unknown?

It is unknown for the most part. The only thing I can guaranteed is the alcohol. I can brew another 3 for daybreak. I just wonder now how you guys will deal with borg. By the looks of it spocks "break the game" plan is crippled now.

Forum Mafia GM
July 29th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Just for the record - the borg was planned before the game started and is not the host taking measures against a plan. There was a hint in the Captain and Scum Leaders role cards about conversion immunity.

FM Ferengi
July 29th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Just for the record - the borg was planned before the game started and is not the host taking measures against a plan. There was a hint in the Captain and Scum Leaders role cards about conversion immunity.

You could also argue that the officer=masons is another hint. But that begs the question.

Are officers immune to conversion?

Forum Mafia GM
July 29th, 2014, 01:05 PM
You could also argue that the officer=masons is another hint. But that begs the question.

Are officers immune to conversion?

No... they are not.

FM Badassasaurus Rex
July 29th, 2014, 01:29 PM
WHAT THE FUCK HOW IS THE FERENGI STILL ALIVE?

FM Ferengi
July 29th, 2014, 01:46 PM
WHAT THE FUCK HOW IS THE FERENGI STILL ALIVE?

BECAUSE I AM A BADASS MOTHERFUCKER.

FM Commander Spock
July 29th, 2014, 02:49 PM

That there was which was why I was trying to talk with the captain and get him to be the one to reveal.

FM Commander Spock
July 29th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Btw bryan wtf am I supposed to do with 1 extra charge. I explicitly said I needed 2.

FM Commander Spock
July 29th, 2014, 02:55 PM
If you don't mind bryan, I would like to lead a part of the discussion this evening. I have posted a thread about it.

FM Commander Spock
July 29th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Also I'd like to warn everyone that Role #11 is mine, and there is no point in purchasing it, I am Bodyguard Vet 3.0.

FM Commander Feralis
July 29th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Was "i dont care now" a town member or mafia btw? I suspect town, but I am not sure.^^

FM Ferengi
July 29th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Also I'd like to warn everyone that Role #11 is mine, and there is no point in purchasing it, I am Bodyguard Vet 3.0.

Players do not know where their role falls in the # order. Also, the role gets updated with anything that happens so if your role gets changed they get informed.

FM Bryan Lewellen
July 29th, 2014, 03:18 PM
That's fine, Spock. I'm not the only person here.

FM Commander Spock
July 29th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Was "i dont care now" a town member or mafia btw? I suspect town, but I am not sure.^^

He was town.

FM Commander Feralis
July 29th, 2014, 03:39 PM
He was town.

Ok.

Well, im going to sleep for now guys, I will comback in a few hours.

FM Red is mafia
July 29th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Computer: Were there any other red alerts prior to the one on day 2? My starfleet training video of the Voyager tells me that there is usually a probe that sent a red alert.

For those of you maggots who forgot your training:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yokaRFrTIic

Back to bridge stuff:

/grabs Ferengi by the collar.

I believe you and I have business to discuss. See I happen to know StarTrek history quite well. I paid attention at the academy. Every Ferengi, who is a decent Ferengi, follows the Rules of Acquisition. It is this lore that causes me to believe what I do about you. I am including two such rules at the end of my post to prove I know what I'm talking about.

I figure you have two options:

1) You can disclose the Spock info for free in this chat, explain how you told Barack and Spock your identity (assuming you did and you aren't following another rule here), you will also tell the truth of any information requested and will not sell any information that you do not have in your possession, as well as promise not to sell weapons without my and three additional players consent.

2) I out the rules of acquisition to the entire group tomorrow in day chat. When they see the rules of acquisition your business will plummet. You've set yourself up as a truthteller when you can just as easily tell a person what they want to hear and then when they find out wrong make them pay more money to fix it.

The only way to keep your kind in line is blackmail one of the true virtues of the Ferengi. Oh and if you put a bounty on me, the rules come out too...So don't even think about it.

You have 24 hours from now to make up your mind. And for every 2 hours you stay silent, a rule of my choosing goes up. If I'm offline I will play catchup. You're dealing with an honest player, so you know my word is good. Besides a contract is a contract (17), and expand or die(95)...If your business can't expand you can't make money. You can't make money, it's bad for wincon.

FM Ferengi
July 29th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Back to bridge stuff:

/grabs Ferengi by the collar.

I believe you and I have business to discuss. See I happen to know StarTrek history quite well. I paid attention at the academy. Every Ferengi, who is a decent Ferengi, follows the Rules of Acquisition. It is this lore that causes me to believe what I do about you. I am including two such rules at the end of my post to prove I know what I'm talking about.

I figure you have two options:

1) You can disclose the Spock info for free in this chat, explain how you told Barack and Spock your identity (assuming you did and you aren't following another rule here), you will also tell the truth of any information requested and will not sell any information that you do not have in your possession, as well as promise not to sell weapons without my and three additional players consent.

2) I out the rules of acquisition to the entire group tomorrow in day chat. When they see the rules of acquisition your business will plummet. You've set yourself up as a truthteller when you can just as easily tell a person what they want to hear and then when they find out wrong make them pay more money to fix it.

The only way to keep your kind in line is blackmail one of the true virtues of the Ferengi. Oh and if you put a bounty on me, the rules come out too...So don't even think about it.

You have 24 hours from now to make up your mind. And for every 2 hours you stay silent, a rule of my choosing goes up. If I'm offline I will play catchup. You're dealing with an honest player, so you know my word is good. Besides a contract is a contract (17), and expand or die(95)...If your business can't expand you can't make money. You can't make money, it's bad for wincon.

Your funny. So do you have anything you want to discuss or are we done here?

FM Red is mafia
July 29th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Your funny. So do you have anything you want to discuss or are we done here?

Pick a number, 190 or 239. It will be the next rule I share. If you don't pick it will be 190. Let me tell you they are good ones.

I expect you to think about what I said. You really don't want how Ferengi live coming out to everyone. But for now we are done so you can think.

FM Ferengi
July 29th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Pick a number, 190 or 239. It will be the next rule I share. If you don't pick it will be 190. Let me tell you they are good ones.

I expect you to think about what I said. You really don't want how Ferengi live coming out to everyone. But for now we are done so you can think.

190: Hear all, trust nothing.

Let me give you some advice, all information sold is mod-confirmed.

FM Ferengi
July 29th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Of course, I'm interested in buying your items as well as information. For Items, negotiate with the Ferengi directly, for information, only discuss with the FMGM since he will approve or not approve of what you wish to sell.

​Now, what next?

FM Red is mafia
July 29th, 2014, 06:13 PM
190: Hear all, trust nothing.

Let me give you some advice, all information sold is mod-confirmed.

And I hear you and I don't trust you when you say that, rule 90. But apparently you are willing to share how deceitful you are, so people can see why a Ferengi outing themself on day 2 is rather stupid ala 23. It also makes me think the true Ferengi lied to "confirm" Bastian or that Town of Salem is just plain scum. Ferengi lie and omit quite often. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a bit of a fool. You are a profiteer at heart consequences be damned.

​Now, what next?

Notice the wording, oh lover of contracts, the Game Master approves what to sell. Not that the Ferengi such as yourself didn't modify it.For example I could PM the Game Master and offer up my roles as potential "selling" items. The GM hypothetically says that's okay and tells you the correct roles. There's nothing that requires you to report what FM Game Master gave you.

FM Ferengi
July 29th, 2014, 06:18 PM
And I hear you and I don't trust you when you say that, rule 90. But apparently you are willing to share how deceitful you are, so people can see why a Ferengi outing themself on day 2 is rather stupid ala 23. It also makes me think the true Ferengi lied to "confirm" Bastian or that Town of Salem is just plain scum. Ferengi lie and omit quite often. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a bit of a fool. You are a profiteer at heart consequences be damned.

Notice the wording, oh lover of contracts, the Game Master approves what to sell. Not that the Ferengi such as yourself didn't modify it.For example I could PM the Game Master and offer up my roles as potential "selling" items. The GM hypothetically says that's okay and tells you the correct roles. There's nothing that requires you to report what FM Game Master gave you.

Why don't you PM him and see for yourself? If this is all you have to discuss with me I am done. Come back when you don't have your head up your ass.

FM Red is mafia
July 29th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Why don't you PM him and see for yourself? If this is all you have to discuss with me I am done. Come back when you don't have your head up your ass.

I have to PM him now...such a shame. Why don't I just do this? Moderators Can you confirm or deny whether the Ferengi if the Ferengi can lie? Especially on items he is selling.

Forum Mafia GM
July 29th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Is a person allowed to lie in an FM.....
>.>
this should be an obvious answer but then again, I saw how FM21 turned out... so I will have to answer this for everyone: Yes

FM Ferengi
July 29th, 2014, 07:08 PM
>.>
this should be an obvious answer but then again, I saw how FM21 turned out... so I will have to answer this for everyone: Yes

Does this include my inventory? All information sold on there is provided by you.

Forum Mafia GM
July 29th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Does this include my inventory? All information sold on there is provided by you.

If you tell me to give false information... I will.

items of course, kinda hard to lie about.... although you can always lie about the effects of alcohol

FM Red is mafia
July 29th, 2014, 07:20 PM
>.>

Kind of figured but since The Ferengi said I *had* to ask you to prove he couldn't lie...Then I figured I'd do it openly to demonstrate my point rather than a PM where you'd say duh..... Sorry to be difficult.

May I ask about the alerts please? Were there any and if so where? (Besides the obvious day 2 one). My lore tells me there usually is an alert somewhere.

At all, see my point, Ferengi can lie. So yeah I was mean and rude but it was for a point. Based on Ferengi being able to lie

rule 23:
Nothing is more important than your health ... except for your money.

So a Ferengi having to say alive (especially one that can lie) wouldn't claim to be the Ferengi. So either Bastian's just a bad Ferengi or Town of Salem is a liar...and I know what I like to do with liars.
However they can also tell the truth which I suspect the Ferengi will now have to do in order to keep any business at all.

As for me, until the Ferengi knows I mean business I don't plan on trading with him in the near future.

That being said...If anyone trusts the Ferengi enough the floor is yours. I suggest we scum hunt with the time we have. Sorry if you had "big Ferengi trading plans" and I ruined them...I just don't like seeing maggots doing stupid shit. I'm heading offline for a bit and may or may not be back on later. But now you know what you are dealing with if you trade...I'm not saying don't if you need to, I'm saying be cautious and know what you are getting into.

FM Ferengi
July 29th, 2014, 07:24 PM
-snip-

Good thing I already have several deals lined up. It was nice talking to you.

FM Ferengi
July 29th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Another fun thing is 57 Mr. Mafia:

Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

Its a good thing that I know how to get good customers as well.

FM The Great and Mighty PoD
July 29th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Hi guys, my first night I am able to go somewhere. I tried to go somewhere night 1 but the mods said I submitted too late.

FM Commander Feralis
July 30th, 2014, 01:00 AM
Oh, wow Red is mafia, just let the Ferengi realise that he can lie about his info, Gj helps us much....

FM Red is mafia
July 30th, 2014, 01:17 AM
You're welcome. Any ideas on how to get this out to everyone? Thanks to PHB my cred with the thread is pretty much shot.

Computer are you functioning? Can you answer my prior question about the alerts?

FM Red is mafia
July 30th, 2014, 01:18 AM
You realize the Ferengi always knew right? That was the point I was making.

Forum Mafia GM
July 30th, 2014, 03:32 AM
You're welcome. Any ideas on how to get this out to everyone? Thanks to PHB my cred with the thread is pretty much shot.

Computer are you functioning? Can you answer my prior question about the alerts?

There was an alert for a brief 3 seconds during the first evening as someone pressed random buttons. Mostly RP trolling though.

FM Ferengi
July 30th, 2014, 08:16 AM
You realize the Ferengi always knew right? That was the point I was making.

Correction: I did not. The host is making most of these stuff as the game goes on. Why else do you think I would ask for clarification?

FM Commander Feralis
July 30th, 2014, 11:26 AM
That was why I said, you let him knew it....

FM Red is mafia
July 30th, 2014, 02:26 PM
There was an alert for a brief 3 seconds during the first evening as someone pressed random buttons. Mostly RP trolling though.

This is where I would look to if anyone is Borg'd yet. Not telling someone about an alert on the ship is a HUGE problem. If we had known about the alert then we may have been able to do something about it! Of course I could be wrong but so far the Lore has been correct so I'd put my stock in trying to figure out if where the alert was is where the Borg penetrated. Computer where was the alert?

Correction: I did not. The host is making most of these stuff as the game goes on. Why else do you think I would ask for clarification?

10- Lying about game/role mechanics:
100% permitted. However, if someone asks about it, then I will give the correct answer.

Notice how it says "I" and the post is written by FM Game Master. This implies that the Ferengi can lie. The Ferengi is saying they never knew because it is their last play left. Look at the showboating about having active deals. They know they are fucking caught.

That was why I said, you let him knew it....

You are fucking idiot almost to PHB scale. I provoked the Ferengi to demonstrate the capability and the needing to lie. The reason I did it is because it is the beginning of the game and the consequences are rather minimal for doing so. The worst is that everyone would mislynch me and my powers are pretty useless. This way everyone knows before they get into bed with the Ferengi.

Keep in mind the Ferengi is getting information from the mods. This means they have to have some sort of trust with them. This means they are not NEW to mafia. They would know they can lie. They'd plan for it. Otherwise we could just ask a question in day chat entitled "Are you NOT the Ferengi?" and the Ferengi would have to ignore the question or answer it truthfully. With the moderators "DUH" that the Ferengi lie means that we should have expected it. Seriously, someone if you haven't watch a fucking episode of Star Trek you should. Especially Deep Space Nine or Voyager. Some of this stuff should be fucking obvious.

Forum Mafia GM
July 30th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Computer where was the alert?

.. Ship wide, but almost no one heard it as it was cancelled before most alarms even gave their first ring.

FM Ferengi
July 31st, 2014, 01:12 AM
10- Lying about game/role mechanics:
100% permitted. However, if someone asks about it, then I will give the correct answer.

Notice how it says "I" and the post is written by FM Game Master. This implies that the Ferengi can lie. The Ferengi is saying they never knew because it is their last play left. Look at the showboating about having active deals. They know they are fucking caught.

If it wasn't rule-breaking for me to quote the exact conversation I had with the host I would show you it right now to prove to you that I was unaware of about it and that the host is making it as the game goes on. So you don't have to believe jack shit that I say but when I state "The host is adjusting/making/changing whatever the fuck you want to call it my role as the game goes on" You better know full damn well I am not making that fucking shit up and asked for clarification on that.

FM Red is mafia
July 31st, 2014, 02:33 AM
.. Ship wide, but almost no one heard it as it was cancelled before most alarms even gave their first ring.

Well shit!! The Borg adapted to the StarFleet warning systems. Damn it! I'll have to brainstorm a new way to catch these fuckers.

If it wasn't rule-breaking for me to quote the exact conversation I had with the host I would show you it right now to prove to you that I was unaware of about it and that the host is making it as the game goes on. So you don't have to believe jack shit that I say but when I state "The host is adjusting/making/changing whatever the fuck you want to call it my role as the game goes on" You better know full damn well I am not making that fucking shit up and asked for clarification on that.

Appealing to emotion much? Ferengi are greed incarnate. I've given my explanation. Going around in circles when you aren't contributing anything except bullshit wrapped in WiFoM is useless and detrimental to town.

Rule 239: Never be afraid to misrepresent a product.

In this case the product is you.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Rules_of_Acquisition (Rules Of Acquisition)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvFYBkesqGU

FM Bryan Lewellen
July 31st, 2014, 02:35 PM
Good luck tonight, everyone.