Welcome:
Vonax
Clement,
Tim Howard,
Kytra,
Zapp Brannigan,
Jolly Man
Barack Brobama

No one else can see this chat except the FMGM. (not even the Ferengi or observers)

Greetings everyone. I have constructed this architect chat to show every scum under me who their teammates are and to exchange information and discuss any plans etc.

No night chat accounts? Hasn't the lack of separate accounts been used to break a game before? In any case, hi guys. I'm at work right now (on break) but I'll be on more later.

Also, does the ferengi already know who all the players' roles and it's just that he can't seem the info until he "gets it", or did he actually not know (ie. We should be careful what we say to him/ what we buy from him since then he can sell that info to town)

Woops didn't mean for that to be so large. Damn phone.

BTW, I think we should all post our character sheet info in here so we know what we're all capable of. I'll do mine when I can actually use a mouse to copy and paste it all.

Because people can actually have chats in their location if there is more than 1, and the fact everyone can post in their living quarters, the method of keeping track of post count to figure out who has a night chat won't work.

He does not know anything about the setup - he just does the negotiating. I'm handling all information personally so that he doesn't slip or leak anything.

I'm not a scum. I'm just a very confused individual that happens to be loyal.

Name: Jolly Man

Current Health: 7/8
Current Charge: 2
Charge Generation: 2 per 24h gt

Race: Betazoid

Racial Flaw:

Race Abilities:
-2c: Learn a random role on the role list (all abilities will update with that role if it upgrades from an event)

-1c: PMs - Send a PM to another player (limited to 140 characters not including spaces [punctuation will count and no you cant use spaces as a code]) Other Betazoids will over hear your conversation if they are in the same room. They will know who sent it but not who received it.
Can use any time. PM the host the message and the name to whom you are sending it to and your message will be sent to the player... (don't PM the player directly)

Class Abilities:
-3c Attack: (Anytime - Same location as target or living quarters)
Fire your weapon at target dealing x damage. (no weapon = 1 damage) Everyone in the room will see you attack. Except if you attack him in the living quarters while he sleeps.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are attacking and specify with which weapon if you have more than one.

-1c EM Heal: (Anytime - Same location as target)
Perform emergency healing on target. Giving him +2hp to target.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are EM Healing. You must be in the same location as your target.

-2c Mayor: (Evening/Night action - Anywhere)
Double your vote power for the next day.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate that you are using the mayor ability. No one will be notified that your vote is doubled.

-1c Trade: (Anytime - Same location as target)
Anyone may give an item to anyone in the same room.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate what item you are giving and to who. And yes, you may trade money.

-4c Jailbreak: (Evening/Night action - Must be located in the Brig)
If you find yourself alone in the brig with only those in jail present, you can attempt to disable the force shield. Your success will be determined by a coin flip.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate that you are trying to break people out of jail. This is an all or nothing, if successful, everyone escapes jail, not just who you wanted to free.

-4c Poisoner: (Evening/Night action - Same location as target)
Poison a player - he will loose 3hp and another 3hp every 24h from the time he was poisoned until he diagnosed and healed by a doctor of gets an antidote.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are poisoning.

-4c Amnesiac: (Evening/Night action - Sickbay)
Learn a class ability from a dead players. This will not change your alignment.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate which ability you wish to learn.

Current Items:

$: 100

Win Condition: You are part of the Alpha Quadrant United Alliance, eliminate the Empire loyalists.

So should we be careful what we say to him/buy from him or did it not matter since you're handling it? Can you elaborate on how exactly he gets information?

Name: Vonax

Current Health: 10/10
Current Charge: 4
Charge Generation: 5 per 24h gt (3+2)

Race: Human

Racial Flaw:
-Negative Alcohol effects last twice as long

Race Abilities:

Special Role: Scum Leader

Passive abilities:
- All scum know your identity but not each other.

- You know all scum identities.

- Generate 2 extra charges that can be spread to others.
Inform hosts during the day phase who gets them, they will be spread at the end of day phase before evening starts.

- Double bounty:
If a town player is lynched, all non town players voting will receive 2x the bounty, while others will only receive what the Ferengi pay out.

Charge Abilities:
-2c Make self immune to all attacks/conversions for 24h. (24h cooldown)

-1c Send a message of 140 characters or less to someone. (Betazoids cannot intercept this message)

-1+c Architect:
Consult 2 or more people in a night chat that night. (+1c for every extra 2 people invited) (choose someones quarters for this meeting - can be detected by detective)

Class Abilities:
Fire your weapon at target dealing x damage. (no weapon = 1 damage) Everyone in the room will see you attack. Except if you attack him in the living quarters while he sleeps.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are attacking and specify with which weapon if you have more than one.

To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are EM Healing. You must be in the same location as your target.

To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate that you are using the mayor ability. No one will be notified that your vote is doubled.

To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate what item you are giving and to who. And yes, you may trade money.

If you find yourself alone in the brig with only those in jail present, you can attempt to disable the force shield. Your success will be determined by a coin flip.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate that you are trying to break people out of jail. This is an all or nothing, if successful, everyone escapes jail, not just who you wanted to free.

-4c Witch: (Evening/Night action - Anywhere)
Change your targets 1st target. (from a distance)
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and PM the GM a number between 1-100 and indicate who you are witching and who you are making them target.

-8c Framer: (Evening/Night action - Anywhere)
Create a disguise of a player for either yourself or someone else. (this is not an attack - it is to fool detectives and lookouts) Disguised people will appear as the person they disguised as in the graveyard... even if that person is still alive!

To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate that you are making a disguise and indicate who it will resemble.

-1c Framer: (Evening/Night action - Same location as target or living quarters)
Give a disguise to someone else and force them to wear it. If you wish to give the person the option of wearing the disguise, use the "trade" ability.

To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are giving the disguise to.

-4c Framer: (Evening/Night action - Living quarters)
Plant false evidence. [this is permanent!] (will result in guilty results for Sheriffs and will show up evil in graveyard)

To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are framing.

Current Items:

$: 150

Win Condition: You are part of the Alpha Quadrant United Alliance, eliminate the Empire loyalists.

Your team:
Vonax: Scum Leader
Clement
Tim Howard
Kytra
Zapp Brannigan
Jolly Man
Barack Brobama

A poisoner/amnesiac. Interesting.

Is there any other way to generate charges besides our passive generation?

I lost some health for illiteracy. Does that mean I can't read or write fucker? I can do so just fine/

I am a tad bit confused on how my mechanics of this game. I went through everything but don't understand. If I choose a role, do I have it permanently? I am a tad bit confused on the race abilities.

Might be very likely that you didn't answer the hidden questions lmao.

Damn, vonax. You scary. My abilities are pretty op too. I'm looking forward to sharing them with you all.

Oh, and since we can claim coms- I am Gerik.

Wording indicates permanent. But ask host anyway to be sure. Yeah literacy is for setup questions you missed. You also start with less cash. I have $150

Anyway, I have to go work now. Bbl.

Jolly Man: if you look at the 3rd post in your character sheet, you have a role list with a bunch of ???. Using your ability to learn a role will show one of the role combinations on that list. (Betazoids only)

Also for Amnesiac: yes, you get to keep that ability permanently.

I guess I'll just join the COM claim: Sup, NoctiZ here. I'm going to try to actually have some activity in this game. lol

I was thinking: Since I get to generate 2 extra charges to give someone to, I should give 2 to Jolly Man every day so he can poison someone. How's that sound?

Page 1

FM Barack Brobama
July 24th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Welcome:
Vonax
Clement,
Tim Howard,
Kytra,
Zapp Brannigan,
Jolly Man
Barack Brobama

No one else can see this chat except the FMGM. (not even the Ferengi or observers)

Greetings everyone. I have constructed this architect chat to show every scum under me who their teammates are and to exchange information and discuss any plans etc.

No night chat accounts? Hasn't the lack of separate accounts been used to break a game before? In any case, hi guys. I'm at work right now (on break) but I'll be on more later.

Also, does the ferengi already know who all the players' roles and it's just that he can't seem the info until he "gets it", or did he actually not know (ie. We should be careful what we say to him/ what we buy from him since then he can sell that info to town)

Woops didn't mean for that to be so large. Damn phone.

BTW, I think we should all post our character sheet info in here so we know what we're all capable of. I'll do mine when I can actually use a mouse to copy and paste it all.

Because people can actually have chats in their location if there is more than 1, and the fact everyone can post in their living quarters, the method of keeping track of post count to figure out who has a night chat won't work.

He does not know anything about the setup - he just does the negotiating. I'm handling all information personally so that he doesn't slip or leak anything.

I'm not a scum. I'm just a very confused individual that happens to be loyal.

Name: Jolly Man

Current Health: 7/8

Race: Betazoid

Racial Flaw:

Race Abilities:
-2c: Learn a random role on the role list (all abilities will update with that role if it upgrades from an event)

-1c: PMs - Send a PM to another player (limited to 140 characters not including spaces [punctuation will count and no you cant use spaces as a code]) Other Betazoids will over hear your conversation if they are in the same room. They will know who sent it but not who received it.
Can use any time. PM the host the message and the name to whom you are sending it to and your message will be sent to the player... (don't PM the player directly)

Class Abilities:

-4c Poisoner: (Evening/Night action - Same location as target)
Poison a player - he will loose 3hp and another 3hp every 24h from the time he was poisoned until he diagnosed and healed by a doctor of gets an antidote.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are poisoning.

-4c Amnesiac: (Evening/Night action - Sickbay)
Learn a class ability from a dead players. This will not change your alignment.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate which ability you wish to learn.

Current Items:

So should we be careful what we say to him/buy from him or did it not matter since you're handling it? Can you elaborate on how exactly he gets information?

Name: Vonax

Current Health: 10/10
Current Charge: 4
Charge Generation: 5 per 24h gt (3+2)

Racial Flaw:

Race Abilities:

Special Role: Scum Leader

Passive abilities:
- All scum know your identity but not each other.

- You know all scum identities.

- Generate 2 extra charges that can be spread to others.
Inform hosts during the day phase who gets them, they will be spread at the end of day phase before evening starts.

- Double bounty:
If a town player is lynched, all non town players voting will receive 2x the bounty, while others will only receive what the Ferengi pay out.

Charge Abilities:
-2c Make self immune to all attacks/conversions for 24h. (24h cooldown)

-1c Send a message of 140 characters or less to someone. (Betazoids cannot intercept this message)

-1+c Architect:
Consult 2 or more people in a night chat that night. (+1c for every extra 2 people invited) (choose someones quarters for this meeting - can be detected by detective)

Class Abilities:

-4c Witch: (Evening/Night action - Anywhere)
Change your targets 1st target. (from a distance)
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and PM the GM a number between 1-100 and indicate who you are witching and who you are making them target.

-8c Framer: (Evening/Night action - Anywhere)
Create a disguise of a player for either yourself or someone else. (this is not an attack - it is to fool detectives and lookouts) Disguised people will appear as the person they disguised as in the graveyard... even if that person is still alive!

To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate that you are making a disguise and indicate who it will resemble.

-1c Framer: (Evening/Night action - Same location as target or living quarters)
Give a disguise to someone else and force them to wear it. If you wish to give the person the option of wearing the disguise, use the "trade" ability.

To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are giving the disguise to.

-4c Framer: (Evening/Night action - Living quarters)
Plant false evidence. [this is permanent!] (will result in guilty results for Sheriffs and will show up evil in graveyard)

To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are framing.

Current Items:

Your team:
Clement
Tim Howard
Kytra
Zapp Brannigan
Jolly Man
Barack Brobama

A poisoner/amnesiac. Interesting.

Is there any other way to generate charges besides our passive generation?

I lost some health for illiteracy. Does that mean I can't read or write fucker? I can do so just fine/

I am a tad bit confused on how my mechanics of this game. I went through everything but don't understand. If I choose a role, do I have it permanently? I am a tad bit confused on the race abilities.

Might be very likely that you didn't answer the hidden questions lmao.

Damn, vonax. You scary. My abilities are pretty op too. I'm looking forward to sharing them with you all.

Oh, and since we can claim coms- I am Gerik.

Wording indicates permanent. But ask host anyway to be sure. Yeah literacy is for setup questions you missed. You also start with less cash. I have $150

Anyway, I have to go work now. Bbl.

Jolly Man: if you look at the 3rd post in your character sheet, you have a role list with a bunch of ???. Using your ability to learn a role will show one of the role combinations on that list. (Betazoids only)

Also for Amnesiac: yes, you get to keep that ability permanently.

I guess I'll just join the COM claim: Sup, NoctiZ here. I'm going to try to actually have some activity in this game. lol

I was thinking: Since I get to generate 2 extra charges to give someone to, I should give 2 to Jolly Man every day so he can poison someone. How's that sound?

Name: Barack Brobama

Current Health: 20/20
Current Charge: 1
Charge Generation: 1 per 24h gt

Race: Klingon

Racial Flaw:
-Healing reduced by 50% from others due to different anatomy

-Hates Romulans - Charge Generation increases by 1 for every Romulan lynched or killed by a Klingon (any klingon!)

Race Abilities:
*c: Stab - does 4x (# of charges used) damage [3 charges would do 12 damage]
Can use any time. PM the GM the name of the person you are stabbing. People in the same room as you will see you attack including the victim.

Passive: Heals 1hp per 24h gt

Passive: 50% more damage using weapons (except Klingon blade)

Passive: Negative Alcohol effects reduced to 50%

Class Abilities:

-3c Drug dealer: (Evening/Night action - Same location as target or living quarters)
Send any feedback of your choice to a player. (not pms)
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate what role ability you wish to simulate as well as who you are drugging.

-3c Journalist: (Day - 10 Forward)
Your target will be able to write 200 characters into the next RP.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are interviewing.

Current Items:
Klingon Blade

$: 20

Your team:
?
?
?
?
?
Barack Brobama

Also Deathworlds here.

Also don't buy the blue booze, it got rid of one of my charges.

I should clarify that it is Romulan Ale, a drink for an honor less swine.

I can work the ferengi if I get more money.

Wait, I'm also in the bar, can I be in two places at once?

Only if the Scum leader invites you... RP reason: we assume the meeting only lasts about an hour and then you return to doing what you were going to do.

cool.

You should read more carefully... it would have gotten rid of one of your charges...
but you have: Passive: Negative Alcohol effects reduced to 50% that negated that negative effect.
Your charges remained unchanged.

Also note that different races might get different results with blue alcohol.

Yeah Romulans would be more positively effected I assume.

Finally at a computer. Prepare your assholes, townies.

Name: Zapp Brannigan

Current Health: 12/12
Current Charge: 3
Charge Generation: 3 per 24h gt (2+1)

Race: Vulcan

Racial Flaw:
-Healing reduced by 50% from humans due to different anatomy

-Charge Generation reduced by 50% for every Romulan lynched (and yes, this can mean less than 1 per day)

Race Abilities:
-6c: mind-meld - You may mind meld with any player creating a private chat that is always open. You may stop or change who you are mind melding with at any time, but the new person will see all the previous chat you had before.
Can use any time. PM the GM with the name of the person you are mind-melding with.
Current mind-meld: N/A

-3c: Vulcan Pinch - Renders victim unconscious (Roleblocked and prevents other feedback for 24 hours gt)
Can use any time. PM the GM a number between 1-100 and the name of the person you are pinching.

-Passive: Unarmed combat deals 3 damage instead of 1.

-Passive: Immune to negative effects of Alcohol

Special Role: Master
-4c Choose a student. (Anytime - Anywhere)
Does not grant night chat, but you will learn what abilities he can do and he will be notified that you are his master. (You may only teach to 1 student at a time)

-1/2x c Send your student (Evening/Night action - Anywhere)
Send him to do a class action that you can do at half the charge cost (your charges, not his), he gets the feedback of the action.

Class Abilities:
-1.5c Attack: (Anytime - Same location as target or living quarters)

-3c Roleblock: (Evening/Night action - Same location as target or living quarters)
Prevent a player from taking any action other than voting to lynch for the next 24h.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and PM the GM a number between 1-100 and the name of the person you are Roleblocking.

-4c Wizard: (Anytime - Anywhere)
Send feedback from player a to player b.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who gets who's feedback ... aka the classic host mistake of sending the pm to the wrong person.
You may target self.

Vigilante: Attack cost is reduced by half. (1.5 instead of 3)

Current Items:

Your team:
?
?
?
Zapp Brannigan
?
?

Wizard can be used to great potential, I suggest choosing me, due to my low action potential because of my charges.

Now, some questions.

Is mind-meld traceable in any way (via detectives/lookouts/ferengi info/etc.)?

Does my student become aligned with me, or are they just an unwilling puppet?

Is my student aware that he/she is being sent to do my bidding even if the action itself does not give feedback (ie. if I send them to roleblock someone, do they get "you were sent to roleblock someone" feedback or something?

If someone wanted to prevent me from acting via my student at night through a roleblock, who would they need to roleblock? Me, or my student?

Do I visit my student when I send him/her to do my bidding (ie. can lookout/detective see me visit them)?

Can my student attack with my weapon(s)?

If not, will my student automatically attack with their weapon(s), if they have one?

If not, can I specify

If I attack with my student, does unarmed combat still deal 3 damage instead of 1?

Does my vigilante passive stack with the student cost reduction? (ie. attacks with my student cost me .75c instead of 1.5c)

Can I change students even if I already have a student that is currently alive?

If I send my student to perform an action, may I also perform an action simultaneously (provided I have enough charges)?

If so, may I perform the same action I am having my student perform (ie. double attack someone, roleblock two different people, etc.)

Can I use my student to trade items that I have?

Can I force my student to trade away items that he/she has?

If I have my student perform the mayor action, do I double votes, or does he?

Am I notified of what location my student is in at night?

If not, what happens if I send him for a jailbreak while he is not in the brig?
Or if I send him to heal someone who is not in his location?

May I target myself with my abilities?

May I have my student target me with my abilities?

With my wizard ability, would player B get both players' feedback (B+A)? Or would A's override B's?

If both, are they distinguishable in any way to player B?

Name: Kytra

Current Health: 12/12

Race: Vulcan

Racial Flaw:
-Healing reduced by 50% from humans due to different anatomy

-Charge Generation reduced by 50% for every Romulan lynched (and yes, this can mean less than 1 per day)

Race Abilities:
-6c: mind-meld - You may mind meld with any player creating a private chat that is always open. You may stop or change who you are mind melding with at any time, but the new person will see all the previous chat you had before.
Can use any time. PM the GM with the name of the person you are mind-melding with.
Current mind-meld: N/A

-3c: Vulcan Pinch - Renders victim unconscious (Roleblocked and prevents other feedback for 24 hours gt)
Can use any time. PM the GM a number between 1-100 and the name of the person you are pinching.

-Passive: Unarmed combat deals 3 damage instead of 1.

-Passive: Immune to negative effects of Alcohol

Class Abilities:

-3c Doctor: (Anytime - Same location as target or living quarters)
Diagnose + heal: Perform healing action and learn of the nature of the wound. +10hp to target. Cures poison.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are diagnosing and healing.

-2c Doctor: (Anytime - Same location as target or living quarters)
Create and Distribute 1 shot medkit - heals 6hp (does not cure poison)
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are giving the medkit to.

-2c Doctor: (Anytime - Same location as target or living quarters)
Create and Distribute 1 shot antidote - (cures poison)
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are giving the antidote to.

-2c Lawyer: (Evening/Night action - Living quarters)
Look up last entry log (last will) for dead player.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate whose last will you are looking for.

-1c Lawyer: (Evening/Night action - Anywheres)
Requires live Journalist - post a last entry log that you have already recovered in the next day RP.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate whose last will you are posting.

-4c Sheriff: (Anytime - Same location as target or living quarters)
Learns a players alignment. Searches for black-market items (auto-jails those found in posession)
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are doing a background check on.

Current Items:

I am Dmousi.

Wow I only have 2 class abilities.

qq

You guys okay with me sharing your races with the ferengi?

No. Not yet anyway. I need to learn more about the Ferengi (read: everything the hosts are willing to divulge) before I feel comfortable giving the Ferengi any information. I do not want to give him the power to sell us out to the town.

Do class abilities that require a "living journalist" work with both scum and town journalists (ie. if the only journalist left is scum, can a town coroner still publish his/her findings and vice-versa)?

Will these roles be notified in any way when all journalists are dead?

If not, can they still attempt to publish while no journalists are alive? Will they still lose charges if they attempt it while no journalists are alive?

Well I am going to share stuff about me with the Ferengi.

Is there only one master or can multiple masters exist?

Also, it occurs to me that if we are ever strapped for cash and need to buy something from the Ferengi, we can convert charges into money via vonax. He can craft disguises, which he can then sell to the Ferengi. The best part of this is that he can craft them to look like one of us so that if a towny buys it they will essentially be (indirectly) paying us to frame them. Down side of course is that I'm not sure why a towny would want to buy a disguise, so it might never get used. But if we still get money for it, it could still be useful. Probably suboptimal though. Best used as a last resort if for some reason we really need money.

Actually, now that I think about it, we could also sell Kytra's med kits for cash. But then the downside is that might hinder us from killing the people we want dead. So again, probably best not to do that unless we desperately need money for something.

And I will stress this one more time just so we are all clear on this:

Do NOT give the Ferengi ANY information about any of us.
Until I am satisfied in my understanding of how the Ferengi deals with information, I will not even consider selling the Ferengi information about us. and even once I do understand how it works, I still highly doubt it will be in our best interest to do so.

If anything, we can just sell Kytra's sheriff results to the Ferengi and confirm people as town. Hell, we could even disguise one of ourselves as town, have Kytra check that person, then sell those results to the Ferengi. Then we get money and confirm one of us as town to the Ferengi and anyone who decides to buy that info from him.

Of course, that's based on my assumption of how information selling with the Ferengi works, which could be totally wrong. But if I'm right, I think that's probably the best use of the sheriff ability. Well, that and possibly having her check people we've framed to call them out as scum during the day. But that's a bit risky so we might want to avoid that for the time being.

I strongly, strongly, strongly advise against this.

Are we allowed to scam the Ferengi?

What kind of information can we sell to the Ferengi?

Can we make things up/lie to him?

If not, can we still sell him information we know is false if there is feedback that supports the information?

Based on what I know about the Ferengi, the information is directly provided by the game master.

Especially since we have no need of money right now. Like, we don't even know what kind of stuff he's going to be selling yet. And you're not even at the bar tonight, so you couldn't make use of the money until tomorrow.

I pretty much agree with Zapp, also some good thoughts.

And if you try to scam Ferengi, as in try to lie about information, he will get the correct information from FMGM. But if the information seems correct to us, he will receive it as correct too. So we can deceive him through selling him framed sheriff results and passing them off as real because for all the person that received the Sheriff feedback knows, it is real and correct to him.

Oh yeah.

Does sending my student to do my bidding negate any actions they were planning on doing that night, or do they perform whatever actions they had planned along with whatever I commanded them to do?

Also, I'm thinking since both Kytra and I can mind meld, we can reduce the number of people that need to be in this chat every night so as to free Vonax to spend his charges elsewhere. Perhaps Kytra and I can each mind-meld with a different non-Vonax scum, that way Vonax can invite either us or our mind-melded buddies to this chat and they can relay the events to the person who is not in the chat and ask them their thoughts to then repeat in this chat to effectively allow them to be a part of it without costing Vonax a charge every night.

If kytra and I both do this, we can save Vonax one charge per night, which will add up over time.

Alternatively, Kytra and I could mind meld Vonax and have him be able to relay thoughts to/from us during the chats without putting us in. Only problem there is that it puts a lot of stress on Vonax since he will have to single-handedly keep both of us informed and repeat all of our thoughts in this chat.

Or, if we decide we're content with Vonax using 3 charges per night to maintain this chat, Kytra and I can simply mind meld with townies and try to extract information from them that we can then share with the group. However this means we must be on guard all the time and be sure not to slip up in the chat, while remaining active in it and appearing to provide useful information to the other member of it. I know I can do this, but as I know nothing about your experience/skill level Kytra, I won't recommend this strategy for you unless you really think you're up for it.

Keeping up this night chat at all times is not hard for me if we do not wish me to do anything else (since, like I said, I would be giving 2 charges to the poisoner each day so we can get some kills, that we agree on, right?). So I would say that if you can mind-meld to get more information, then do that.

Even if Kytra can't commit to a mind-meld with a townie, you can and I think you should go for that Zapp. It might help us in the long run. I'm just not sure if we need it ASAP. What's your plan?

Oh, it's in the day thread at the bar. I see now.

Ok. Hmm... Can the Ferengi sell the names of his sources for information?

If he can, then my frame/sheriff money generator is very dangerous for us to use since he could sell someone the knowledge that our sheriff is the one with all the false leads and they could easily figure out what we're doing and kill our sheriff and maybe our framer too. So we need the answer to that question.

Well I honestly would rather have open communication with one of you. It's just a very powerful tool for scum. In my opinion, a mafia's greatest strength is its night chat. The ability to coordinate and plan is very strong in forum mafia. The weakness of it is (usually) that it's only at night, and that at day it's every (wo)man for him/her self. But this would allow me to coordinate with one of you even during the day. Which would be great.

Plus, like I said, it can free up some of your charges so we can get to framing people. Since framing is permanent, we might as well try to use it as often as possible to maximize the chances of erroneous sheriff results, mislynches, and sheriffs claiming poorly.

4c is kind of hefty though, since I receive 5 charges per night (2 to give away) and it would be in our best interest to keep the kills up each night, which is why I'd give 2 away and end up with 3 charges per night. So in the long run I might not be able to frame someone every night. Add to that that the architect chat is not cheap either.

Also, idk if giving charges to the poisoner is optimal. I want to see what our other members can do first. And I think I could do a lot with your extra charges too since I have a lot of different abilities, AND my kills only cost 1.5 (or even .75, depending on how host answers my questions) so I can kill the most efficiently in terms of charge to attack ratio. Especially since doc can heal the poisoned victim before they die.

btw, let's try not to lynch romulans... Really don't want 2 of our members to generate charges slowly.

Actually, that reminds me...

Does the lynch of a romulan affect the charge generation bonus I get from being a master? ie. if a romulan is lynched tomorrow, do I then get 1.5 per 24h (3 charges (2 vulcan +1 master) divided by 2) or would I generate 2 per 24h (2 from being Vulcan divided by 2 = 1. +1 for Master = 2)

Not sure where you get the kill = 1.5c from, because the only ability I see from you is Attack and that deals 1 damage without a weapon, so unless I'm missing something you would only deal 1 damage for 1.5c. The Klingon atleast could potentially kill someone with Stab for 3c, but the poisoner gives us the advantage of having kills from an unknown source while any form of attack is visible by other people.

That's why I propose us using our mind melds to make night chat cheaper for you. So that you can use your other abilities.

I mean, shit. I almost forgot that you're also a witch, which is a really powerful role on its own. I would hate to surrender those abilities just to maintain a full night chat when we could just as easily mind meld and reduce the cost.

Don't forget that Tim Howard and Clement have yet to check in- they might be vulcans too, in which case we can just create one big mind-meld circle and you'll only have to invite 2 people to the chat each night, giving you a net of +4 charges a night with which to frame, witch, or distribute to others if we feel the need.

I totally get that, but we can't have everything we want, it's like choosing only 5 things out of a warehouse full of things you want to have.

We have to ask ourselves: What is our priority? What do we definitely want to have? I say night chat and kills. Then we'll have to see how we can do this in the most efficient way. If we can reduce costs, then we can think about doing optional stuff additionally to the stuff we definitely want to have.

If we have a better way of killing people than the poisoner, then so be it. I'm just proposing ideas with the information we have currently.

Mind-melding is not a bad idea to reduce our charge output in the long-run, that I already agree on.

Read harder. :p

highlighted the relevant parts.

I guess it's not a kill, per se. At least not until I get a weapon. But still. I'm not saying we shouldn't use poison. It's still quite strong. But idk if we need to use your extra charges on it every night.

Yeah overlooked the damage. But still. As you said it's not a kill. But the poison is pretty much the only "KPN" we have and I don't see why we shouldn't use it at all times. I mean if we can force a mislynch by going for a frame or whatever, hey that's what we're going to do then if we need more charges for that and as such leave poisoning someone out. But other than that, to our knowledge we have nothing else that is as lethal as our poison and we need to reduce the player numbers. Just framing everyone and hoping for mislynches is a bit of dream, even if we can get one or two mislynches out of it it's not quite worth it.

Witching is going to be great once we have someone we can take advantage of, but it should be situational.

Now, some questions.

Is mind-meld traceable in any way (via detectives/lookouts/ferengi info/etc.)?
No

Does my student become aligned with me, or are they just an unwilling puppet?
Unwilling puppet... so if he sees you sending him to do evil stuff, he might catch on that his master needs to die.

Is my student aware that he/she is being sent to do my bidding even if the action itself does not give feedback (ie. if I send them to roleblock someone, do they get "you were sent to roleblock someone" feedback or something?
They will be fully aware of what they did and who they did it to.

If someone wanted to prevent me from acting via my student at night through a roleblock, who would they need to roleblock? Me, or my student?
They would need to roleblock your student.

Do I visit my student when I send him/her to do my bidding (ie. can lookout/detective see me visit them)?
No

Can my student attack with my weapon(s)?
Not with your weapons, but will attack with his own... this comes in handy when your student has a bigger gun than you.

If not, will my student automatically attack with their weapon(s), if they have one?
Yes, except if its a one shot item, then they would not use it.

If not, can I specify
If you learn somehow that he has more than 1 weapon that is not 1 shot, yes, you can specify which one.

If I attack with my student, does unarmed combat still deal 3 damage instead of 1?
Only if your student is a Vulcan. You do not give him your muscles....

Does my vigilante passive stack with the student cost reduction? (ie. attacks with my student cost me .75c instead of 1.5c)
That is correct.

Can I change students even if I already have a student that is currently alive?
No, you may not dismiss your student. He must die!

If I send my student to perform an action, may I also perform an action simultaneously (provided I have enough charges)?
Yes.

If so, may I perform the same action I am having my student perform (ie. double attack someone, roleblock two different people, etc.)
Yes.

Can I use my student to trade items that I have?
No.

Can I force my student to trade away items that he/she has?
No.

If I have my student perform the mayor action, do I double votes, or does he?
He does.

Am I notified of what location my student is in at night?
No, you must find that out by other means... either by him telling where and when he is going, by you correctly deducing where he is or other ways that I can't think of right now.

If not, what happens if I send him for a jailbreak while he is not in the brig?
Or if I send him to heal someone who is not in his location?
You will receive an error... charges will NOT be refunded.

May I target myself with my abilities?
Depends what ability, most abilities that you can target self specify it. You cannot heal self, cannot break yourself out of jail... not sure why you would want to roleblock yourself... and the wizard specifies that you can target self at the end.

May I have my student target me with my abilities?
Yes.

With my wizard ability, would player B get both players' feedback (B+A)? Or would A's override B's?
He would both, and will be able to tell them apart from his own.

If both, are they distinguishable in any way to player B?
Yes

Do class abilities that require a "living journalist" work with both scum and town journalists (ie. if the only journalist left is scum, can a town coroner still publish his/her findings and vice-versa)?
Yes

Will these roles be notified in any way when all journalists are dead?
Only when they try to post their results... they will get an error

If not, can they still attempt to publish while no journalists are alive? Will they still lose charges if they attempt it while no journalists are alive?
Correct, they will loose a charge to learn of the journalists demise.

Is there only one master or can multiple masters exist?
There can be more than one.

Are we allowed to scam the Ferengi?
Scam the Ferengi.... I would need more details on what you wish to do.

What kind of information can we sell to the Ferengi?
This is a little loose right now as I haven't thought of everything, thus why all information deals are going straight through me.
So far, he'll buy any information that sheriffs, investigators, detectives, lookouts, spies can get during the night.. including information about you. other information would have to be consulted with me.

Can we make things up/lie to him?
He has good sources... but you might be able to persuade him to lie to others who buy information... for a price.

If not, can we still sell him information we know is false if there is feedback that supports the information?
Yes, of course!

All information is dealt through me... to prevent mr Ferengi from leaking stuff he isn't suppose to. He just knows what he can sell, not the full details of the information he has.

He does both.

'cough' Host tip: There are 3 locations that have nobody in them tonight... and Barack is all alone in 10 forward at night. It shouldn't be too hard to pick a time and place to meet without using the architect ability each night... and even if you get 1 or 2 people with you, you guys can beat them to a pulp with your combined attacks.

Half of current charge generation so it would be (2 vulcan +1 master) divided by 2.. meaning 1.5 for you.

Hmm... Never thought of that. But still, 2 of those (brig and healing bay) were obviously not going to be populated since no one needs healing and no one is jailed yet.

Damn. Was thinking since it was a class thing it might only affect class charges.

[FMGM mocks players] Do you have any idea how many were hit by a case of illiteracy? [/FMGM mocks players]

Ok, fair point. Before the game started, I suspected a lot of people would miss those questions. I'm guessing if there had been enough people signed up, you wouldn't have even let the illiterate people play.

Can I redirect the feedback that comes from my student being selected such that my student does not know that he is my student?

Similarly, can I redirect my student's feedback such that he won't know that I'm sending him to do something?

I can't do anything tonight I believe, according to my character sheet.
I am currently not paired with anyone in the sickbay and I'm not completely sure what it means when it says I can target people in living quarters. . . .

(Like if they have to be in their living quarters or I have to be in there with them?)

I've never been very good with MMORPGs :D

Also I have a rather large tell that has caught me out several times before so I'd be looking to minimalize that in this game.
I don't feel secure in mind melding someone else. I'm also bad at trying to steer conversations a certain way without bulldozing through.

Name: Clement

Current Health: 9/10
Current Charge: 3
Charge Generation: 3 per 24h gt

Racial Flaw:

Race Abilities:

Class Abilities:

-3c Investigator: (Evening/Night action - Same location as target or living quarters)
Learns the race of a player. Finds and disarms Sabotaged rooms.
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are investigating. You will be notified if you disarm a bomb.

Passive Jailer: Has access to the jail during day phase. You will always use this account, there is no anonymous account for the jailer.

-4c Jailer: Release prisoner(s) (Evening/Night action - Must be located in the Brig)
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are setting free, you choose how many are let go and who stays unlike the jailbreak ability. Cost is 4c regardless of how many are released.

-4c Jailer: Execute prisoner (Evening/Night action - Must be located in the Brig)
(cannot be healed)
To use this ability, PM the Host with the title "Action" and indicate who you are executing. 4c per execution.

As for me, I am someone, who was totally awesome in a Forum Mafia game and hope to be awesome in this game too.

Personally I would like to check what race The Great and almighty PoD is. Makes me think he is either Romulan or Klingon. Personally I would like to avoid using codes as much as possible. If you want, I'll give you a signal, but only if I find out that my target is Romulan.

Actually, is it possible for any of you hide your actual race from anyone else? Try to come up with a convincing lie that you are human/betazoid/romulan or something like that. I can cover your lie if possible, because I have power of investigator while keeping my real checked targets to myself or our team.

On further notice - I CANNOT jail anyone. Only the person who has Deputy power can do it. My primary priority should be finding out the Deputy's identity and mess up things in jail in the right moment.
I'm not interested in any weapons as long a I can instantly kill someone in the jail.

Hmm, some interesting stuff in here.. I like the "choose a meeting place and beat up anyone who doesn't belong to the scum team" idea. It just seems a bit inefficient since the charge output is spread amongst everyone and we might end up having to use more than if we just set up a chat. Not sure..

During workdays I can log in only for 5-6 hours at thwe very least, so keep that in mind. It might take 16 more hours before I can come back online. So do your strategy stuff, and I'll try to read it when I come back.

Go on...

By the way, the Ferengi is selling new items for those who aren't in the bar/didn't notice.

$ 15 Sleep dart gun 1
$ 30 Standard Phaser on stun 1
$ 20 Used Armour 2

They're pretty worthless for me since I can already roleblock and my unarmed combat deals more damage than the stun phaser. I guess if I wanted I could make use of the armor, but it's pretty weak and not worth the investment, imo.

However, if one of you would really like one of those items, give me the cash and I can buy it for you.

Though as far as items go, I feel like the ones we really want are the disruptor and the energy source. Since I'm assuming the disruptor has limited shots, the source would make it unlimited, giving us a kill per night that is auto-cleaned. We can even sheriff check/investigate them the same night to get info about them so that we know we've eliminated and can potentially sell the info to the ferengi if we want (though probably not since then the town could just buy it from him, which sort of defeats the purpose).

No, that feedback cannot be intercepted since it gets built into the rolecard as a special role: student with the masters name.

Hint: Use the wizard power to do so...

After looking at your character sheet, you are correct. There is nothing you can do tonight.

Targeting people in living quarters: In order to do this, you would have to stay in the living quarters. Since everyone moves around during the evening and night, I assume everyone goes to bed exactly on time.. thus guarantying that you will meet up with him to do your action on him as you wait for him in his quarters.
Timewise for lookouts and detectives - they would have to pick the time that your target is in his quarters to see you.

RP example of you attacking someone: so if the person is in sickbay in the evening, you would hide behind his door in his quarters waiting for his return... lookouts watching him in the evening would go to bed and stop watching him before he enters his quarters for the night, detectives watching you in the evening would only know that you are in the living quarters area... not specifying who's quarters. Once night starts, or when he would enter his room, you would punch him in the face while hiding in the dark, meaning he can't see you, and leave the room to return to your quarters. Lookouts watching your target at night would see you exit his room, detectives watching you at night would see you exiting his room.
He would wake up with a black eye and a -3HP (since you are vulcan and unarmed combat does 3 damage) and day would go on.

I feel like I'm a slow computer processor running a MMORPG.... it is a hosting logistical nightmare, but I'm doing my best.

Would Kytra still be in the target's living quarters if I invited him to this chat (as there should, from the RP POV as I understood it, be enough time to be at this meeting here and then go do the action)?

If Kytra was in the living quarters by choice - yes... But Kytra is currently located in sickbay.

Good, just making sure. Wouldn't wanna pull anyone away unknowingly.

Why do you think I was asking? :p

So, should we agree already on any actions for the current night/day cycle?

For now I would just give 2 charges to the poisoner during the day while setting up another architect chat with everyone.

I'll check The Great and mighty PoD's race.

If he is a Romulan, I'll say "Free cookies here!" If he is a Klingon, I'll say "No cookies for you", but otherwise, I won't give any other significant signals.

Why do we care if he's a romulan. If we're going to use a code, we might as well get real information out of it.

Also not sure why we care about PoD, to be honest. Didn't see anything really noteworthy from him.

Oh, and let's pick a meeting place for tomorrow. I vote on the brig since I doubt many people will go there and if someone happens to be jailed tonight, we can release/execute them if we wish.

Yes, then let's go to the brig.

I care if hes a romulan.

FOR AIUR, or whatever.

I am currently schmoozing the Ferengi. Is there anything of significance happening in the evening chat over there?

Wait we are all going to the brig?

I may have a problem with that.

Entire thing