PDA

View Full Version : General FAQ

Forum Mafia GM
July 21st, 2014, 04:58 PM
Questions that are asked by more than one person or that I feel are worthy to be shared to everyone go here. Keep asking your questions in your living quarters.

doc heals if killed?

If the doctor dies, no, he does not heal. If the person dies (reaches 0HP), the doctor can still revive him during the same phase only.. so if someone dies in the evening, the doctor must heal in the evening.. night is too late.

is there anything we know about setup, like how many of each team

You know what is posted in the setup pages, and what is posted in the 1st post of the day (RP post). All you know right now is that there is at least 1 player on the other team... or else you would have won day 1.

what teams are there, are there people with win condition of neutrals?

Currently, there is Town (Empire loyalists), Mafia (Alpha Quadrant United Alliance), Neutral (Merchant)

does race affect team or role? (apart from race restrictions)

Only the race restrictions, and Ferengi.. the rest was not affected.

does team affect role?

No.. except Neutral Merchant

i do not completely understand my win condition, please clarify, am i town now?

If your win condition is:
You are in agreement with the decision made by the Leaders of the Federation, Klingon and Romulan Empires, help them restore the respective Empires to their original borders. Eliminate the Alpha Quadrant United Alliance.
Then you are town.

If it is:
You are part of the Alpha Quadrant United Alliance, eliminate the Empire loyalists.
Then you are mafia.

where is master in ooo

Master is not in OoO since nothing can prevent him from picking a student. However, the action he sends his student to perform will fit in where that action is in the OoO.

how earn more $$$

Lynch/kill people that have bounties on them. Sell items to the Ferengi. Trade with other players.

klingon stab: if used at day, will everyone see the klingon attacking?

All attacks during the day will be seen, including the Klingon stab.... the victim cries out in pain, so Klingons can't do it without anyone noticing.

will we know who is in what room

You will know who is in your room, except the living quarters.

diagnose: what if several causes for hp loss

The doctor will get a full report of what caused each injury. This can be from multiple sources.

any way to know how much charges other's actions need

By getting other players who have that action to tell you? ... i.e the host won't tell you.

every action needs same charges for every user or different

Mostly yes, exception to this rule would be "attack" for vigilantes, which is 1.5 instead of 3.

are actions tied to other actions (example: pack a: action 1, 2 and 3) or are all combinations random

all combinations are random (or host set... since I didn't use random.org)

rp gives info about game?

On occasions, yes. So pay attention.

wizard: target a still gets feedback? can target self as target a/b

No, wizard ability is like the classic host mistake of sending feedback to the wrong person, so the intended person will not get his feedback.
Yes, wizards may target self.

amnesiac: learns skills in addition to old skills?

Correct.

how many roles can everyone have

Can have Unlimited... but I did make this game somewhat balanced.

point of framer disguise? we can always see who is alive and so figure out who died

People in jail or detained by a vet 3.0 will not be part of the day chat, and it will not be indicated that person is dead. As well as Lookouts and Detectives will be fooled by people wearing disguises.

automatically puts on disguise if created?

Optional for framer; depending on how he gives it away (trade, or framer ability) that person may or may not have the choice to wear it or not.

how do lawyer and coroner know that there is living journalist and will this ability be in addition to interview?
They are not aware, an error will occur if they try to post their results with no living journalist. The results will be posted in addition to any journalist article. The journalist won't even be aware that he is posting info from the coroner/lawyer until he sees it in the RP.

on death what info will be revealed

Location where he died, Race and Roles will show up, alignment will be based on what he appears to a sheriff.
Last wills will remain hidden, that is what lawyers are for.
Cause of death, real alignment (if framed) will be given to coroners who examine the body.

if vaporized by varon t disruptor, will death cause, alignment, race, role be revealed? if coroner targets the correct name, will it work as usual?

If vaporized, the only info you get is that ??? died. Nothing else.
If Coroners check the correct body, they will get the race, roles and alignment, but will not be able to determine what all attacked him. (This is mostly to hide previous attacks on that person since it will be obvious that he was killed by the Varon-T Disruptor)

veteran: protects self?

Vet 1.0: Actions done to the veteran still go though... the person just gets beaten up while doing them
Vet 3.0: Everyone gets roleblocked as they are detained in his quarters. (This is similar to being jailed - except it is not in the brig)

bg: protects target?

Similar to vet 1.0, visitors are attacked but still do their actions.

vigilante: what mean by "single target"

As in it does not apply to Bodyguard, Veteran or mass murderer abilities.

vigilante: what if klingon is vigilante, would it be 8 dmg per charge?
Stab ability =/= Attack and is not affected by the Vigilante status.

vigilante: also uses only 1/2 of weapon shots?

Meaning, "attack" ability cost 1.5 instead of 3. If the weapon has limited shots, it will still consume the regular amount per shot.

vet 3.0: do ppl know they are detained?

Yes... as they will not be in day chat, instead they will be imprisoned in the Vets quarters.

mm: attacks with what dmg

Depends on what weapon is used.

how get weapons other than blacksmith?

Ferengi gets a copy of whatever the Blacksmiths make, so you can buy it from him. You can trade stuff with other players, or.. certain events might introduce weapons into the game.

disguise: can you decide to trash this if you receive it

Only if you received it by "trade" ability.

arson: can only sabotage private quarters?

Correct, 10 forward, sickback and other places where people will congregate are guarantied not to explode.

mm: attacks target no matter what it does?

Unless that target is a roleblocker blocking the mm, yes.

officers: are all town? (if not what point)

Yes

scum: don't know each other (only gf?) don't have night chat?

Correct, they only know who is the GF, and the GF knows everyone.
Standard night chat, no... that is what the GFs architect ability is for.

What does gt and rt mean?

This is to distinguish Game Time (gt) from Real Time (rt). I'll try to remember to indicate which is which when I post a time in the game. Example would be: charge generation is done every 24h gt (game time).

Forum Mafia GM
July 25th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Can students be sent to perform the EM heal on his master or anyone else
Yes

Can students be made to choose his own student
lol, No, only class abilities.

it master guaranteed town?
No

is master unique?
Not necessarily.

so merchant is the only neutral? arso/mm are also town/mafia?
Merchant is the only "current" neutral............ (I won't say anymore on this yet)
arso/mm can be either town or mafia.

if ferengi dies, can we still buy stuff? any changes?
-Hidden mechanic, will be revealed when Ferengi dies-

how do others use the klingon blade without the stab ability?
The stab ability is linked to the blade itself - its in the race abilities since other races don't have the same physical force as klingons do and will do less damage with it.

how to get used armors?
Buy it from Ferengi or other armors that were hit but didn't use up all of its potential in the same night become "used".

disruptor: does same dmg for other races? how do other races use it without the special race ability
Yes, I just listed the disruptor in the race ability since Romulans start with the weapon => easier to find out how much damage it did.

is alcohol always autoused when bought or can it be stored
You always drink when you buy. There is a sign at the doors to the bar that say no alcohol beyond this point.

what does " The Commanders Architect chat is in this location". commander = captain?
Yes, Commander = Captain, having been working on this setup over the years, it has received many changes for the RP... At one point it was going to take place on Deep Space 9, when Sisko was a commander... that has since been changed.

can you only go there if you are put into the architect chat?
You can visit the bridge, but you will not enter the ready room. So yes, you can only visit the architect chat if invited.

if not, can you just go there and talk with the others in the architect chat?
You will chat with others on the bridge, but not those in the architect chat.

why does it matter, that it's there and no where else?
Arsonist ability. Arsonist can bomb the scum chat since it is located in someones quarters.. whereas, it is impossible for him to bomb the captains chat.

does that mean that you cannot go in a normal area chatroom if you are in architect chat?
This is the one exception to the locations rule. RP reason = We assume the meeting only lasts about an hour and then the participants head out to do what they intended to do in the first place. So they have access to both the architect chat as well as where they were going.

can you go then in the other phase?
See above.

if gf or captain makes chat, is he in automatically?
Yes

is he anonymous?
No, but it is not indicated who invited them... although it shouldn't take long to figure that out.

can you only trade in 10 forward with ferengi?
You can trade with any player in your own room.
You can only trade with the Ferengi in 10 forward in the evenings and nights. (except for buying alcohol)

why so long days and nights?
I work 2 jobs in rl. There are a few days that I'm not available at all to log on and manage the game. Making the day cycle according to my schedule for the change over days seemed like the best way. Especially since it really does take me 5+ hours to get things running from 1 phase to the next.

klingon racial flaw healing: also applies to heals from klingons? (EM heal)
Yes - This is to compensate from the fact that they have that ability despite having the race restriction of no medical.

how is "hates romulans" a flaw
As in it is tempting to kill a friendly romulan just to get the bonus.

brigg: are all visitors and captives in the same chat?
Yes, but it will be specified who is jailed and who is not.

can i visit the living quarter of someone else?
Yes and no. You will not be able to talk or see anything in his quarters (except the scum chat). But you can do actions in his quarters like attacking him.

can gf/captain create more than 1 (different) night chat each night?
No.

is there a deadline for actions?
End of the phase is the deadline. You'll notice that there is a 6 hour rt difference between end and start of phases. This is when I compile everything.

create chat action must be done at day i suppose or is it also possible to create a chat in the middle of the night
Must be done during the day so that when I compile the day actions, I can create his night chat and invite the people in it.

is captain and gf unique?
Yes

are they guaranteed in game?
Yes

is master guaranteed in game?
No

what mean by "can be detected by detective" at gf night chat, can det read this chat?
As in if the detective is following one of the people invited, he will see him visit (name of the player where the chat is located). No the detective will not be able to read it and will not know that it was a chat. It would appear as any other ability that would require someone to visit someone.

detective: clarify "follows a player for one phase". like usual det? will det see all actions he does?
Yes. Specifying 1 phase since if the detective follows during the evening and the player is "sleeping", he won't see anything. Even if the player visits someone during the night phase.

ooo: random org number of witch is only relevant in case of conflict right? will i know the random number?
Yes, only in case of conflicts that have plagued almost every FM. You will not be notified of the number.

please clarify "(all abilities will update with that role)" for betazoid
Betazoids would not see learn-able roles until that person can do it thus updating his setup list.

do i understand that right, that betazoids learn a random role meaning all class actions of a random person but they won't
who it is? so they technically discover the setup
Exactly!

does witching deal feedback to target?
Yes - they will know they were witched.

will people be informed that they targeted a vet on alert?
Yes

vulcan: also immune to positive alc effects?
No, positive effects do affect Vulcans.

bounty: how is determined on who the ferengi sets bounty? does he have to pay the bounty himself? how much money has
ferengi at start?
He gets to choose. Yes, he pays most bounties.
There are a few bounties that I may set myself, which I will payout and not affect the Ferengis money.
The ferengi knows how much money he has... you might be able to buy that information from him but I'm not telling you =P.

medkit: can it be auto used if hp go below 0? if not, can it save someone whose hp drop below 0 if he used it in the same
night?
Only if used on the same night. It is not auto-used like a vest. The medkit can be used on someone else as well (making you an temporary doctor).

is 0 hp dead or still alive
0 HP is in critical state.. and will die if no medical attention is provided in the same phase.

can you please clarify how the thing with the minions works for ferengi?
Instead of charges like the rest of you, he pays with his $ to do actions.. I set the prices for each action.

what is the downside of selling info to ferengi, will it make it easier somehow for others to get that info?
Yes, others may purchase that information. (I'll be working with the ferengi to make sure the price is not game breakin cheap)

can you only write lw if you do nothing in that phase (sleeping) and are in quarter?
Last wills can be made each evening or night since you always sleep one of the 2. The only exception would be if you are jailed.. In other words: You can't update your last will during the day or if you are jailed.

if someone activates mayor, will the vote count show the real number?
No it will not... only the hosts will know the true final count.

how will ferengi vote? will he just hop on a train?
As with mayor votes, only the hosts will know the final count and will exclude his vote at the count.

can sheriff find ferengi?
Yes!

you always sleep in one phase and cannot make any actions in that phase?
Correct

if a vulcan changes his mind meld partner, does he need to pay the 6c again?
Yes

if i attack at day, will they see with what i attacked or only that i attacked
Only that you attacked.

can a vet go on alert twice, to deal double damage?
Only if he has enough charges. But yes, it is possible.