PDA

View Full Version : Question Thread

FM Bosco
July 20th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Am I able to put off assigning those 10 charges until I meet with the people in my architect chat this evening?

Are posts in architect chat anonymous?

Forum Mafia GM
July 20th, 2014, 04:12 PM
History:

Signups: Character created.
Signups: +50$ You found the 3 hidden treasures in the setup!
Day 1: Roles giving out.
Day 1: 3 initial and +3 Charge added.
Day 1 note: the 10 charges to spread will begin on day 2.
Day 1: -3c -> invited Bryan Lewellen & Bobba Fett to Architect chat.

As for future days: no, it must be spread during the day.

Posts in the architect chat are with this account and are not anonymous... so pick wisely who you invite.

FM Bosco
July 21st, 2014, 06:59 AM
Will we know who is in the same room as us at the start of the evening?

Can I talk with people who aren't in jail but happened to choose the brig as I did?

Will I be forced to go to the bridge for the evening because I opted to have an architect chat this evening?

FM Bosco
July 21st, 2014, 10:04 AM
Is the godfather architect chat meant to be indistinguishable from my architect chat?

Is the host of the chat revealed?

To confirm, one of the listed players in the first post is actually a host playing the ferengi?

FM Bosco
July 21st, 2014, 12:01 PM
Is the godfather architect chat meant to be indistinguishable from my architect chat?

To confirm, one of the listed players in the first post is actually a host playing the ferengi?

Is there any way for someone that I did not invite to read what is posted in my architect chat?

FM Bosco
July 21st, 2014, 12:04 PM
Did I mega-fuckup when I PMed FM Ferengi that I was a powerful person on this ship?

Forum Mafia GM
July 21st, 2014, 12:18 PM

No, your architect chat takes place on the bridge, his takes place in someones quarters. When I send the pm to them alerting them that they were invited, I will be specifying if it was the captain or scum leader.

No... but all scum know who the scum leader is, so if they are invited to his chat, they know he invited them.

Yes.

Is there any way for someone that I did not invite to read what is posted in my architect chat?

Not that I can think of.

Did I mega-fuckup when I PMed FM Ferengi that I was a powerful person on this ship?

No, the Ferengi, although being played by someone else is heavily monitored by me. I tell him what he can sell and whatnot... and his win condition to make money has no preference on which side wins the FM.

FM Bosco
July 21st, 2014, 12:50 PM
[COLOR=#00ff00]Is the host of the chat revealed?

No... but all scum know who the scum leader is, so if they are invited to his chat, they know he invited them.

Does the GF have to pay 3 charge (or some other charge) to give mafia a night chat?

Can I talk with people who aren't in jail but happened to choose the brig as I did?

Will I be forced to go to the bridge for the evening because I opted to have an architect chat this evening?

Is the GF architect chat also not anonymous.

If a non-scum is invited to the GF chat, they would be able to narrow down the GF's identity to a couple of names?

Forum Mafia GM
July 21st, 2014, 01:50 PM
Does the GF have to pay 3 charge (or some other charge) to give mafia a night chat?
Yes - the amount is indicated in the GF role in the setup.

Yes - except in the living quarters.

Yes

You will be in both.. RP reason: we assume your chat only takes about an hour of the evening, then everyone is dismissed to do what they were going to do anyways.

Is the GF architect chat also not anonymous.
Correct

If a non-scum is invited to the GF chat, they would be able to narrow down the GF's identity to a couple of names?
Correct

FM Bosco
July 21st, 2014, 02:57 PM
Just because I'm paranoid with how well Spock is playing this up.

Special Role: Officer
Officer names: (Officers are town)
Bosco
Bryan Lewellen
Bobba Fett

This is what was listed on my character sheet. These are the correct officers and anyone not listed is not an officer?

Is it possible

Some abilities can be learned and improved during the game by certain triggers (triggers will be mentioned with the ability in the role cards - the same ability may have different triggers for different players)

Are these triggers stated from the get go? If no triggers are in our character sheet, do we not have any?

Forum Mafia GM
July 21st, 2014, 03:12 PM
Correct, anyone not listed in your officer list is not an officer. There is only 1 set of masons/officers.

That is correct, players who have abilities that they can learn already know about them as well as what they need to do to learn that ability.

FM Bosco
July 21st, 2014, 07:26 PM
Is it possible to have a town janitor?

Are people that I don't invite to my architect chat able to go to the bridge tonight?

If people I don't invite can go to the bridge, would there exist people that see me in the bridge and people that see me in the brig?

The fact that I'll be considered in the Bridge and the Brig tonight. If I don't take any other action, what would a detective see if they followed me?
If I went to the brig, had an architect chat and attacked someone what would a detective see?

Forum Mafia GM
July 21st, 2014, 07:36 PM
Is it possible to have a town janitor?
Yes

Are people that I don't invite to my architect chat able to go to the bridge tonight?
Yes - but they will not enter the ready room where your chat is being held... in other words, they won't see the chat.

If people I don't invite can go to the bridge, would there exist people that see me in the bridge and people that see me in the brig?
People will not see you on the bridge if you are not spending the entire phase there.

The fact that I'll be considered in the Bridge and the Brig tonight. If I don't take any other action, what would a detective see if they followed me?
He will see you visit the brig. -Game mechanics OoO indicate that:
1- Group gatherings for nightchats happens before 3- detectives
And your ability does not indicate it can be detected by detectives like the scum leaders can.

If I went to the brig, had an architect chat and attacked someone what would a detective see?
He would see you visit the Brig as well as the person you attacked. He would not see the architect chat.

FM Bosco
July 22nd, 2014, 07:49 AM
Third, I assume you are saying you are a sheriff/jailer. I do not fear that, however I am willing to give you the info on who I sell them to, for the right price.

Is this just Roleplaying or am I in danger of providing him with information he can sell in my negotiations with him? Would I be providing him with information he could sell just by telling him I could provide whether or not Spock was an Officer and asking what he'd pay for it?

FM Bosco
July 22nd, 2014, 10:16 AM
Can a framer force a person to wear a disguise(not framing)?
Will a disguise change a persons alignment, to sheriff or graveyard?

Am I allowed to copy and paste all answered questions in this thread to my architect chat?

Is it possible for anyone to appear to be me in day chat (not in graveyard or to det/lookout)?

FM Bosco
July 22nd, 2014, 10:17 AM

Am I allowed to copy and paste all answered questions in this thread to my architect chat?

Is it possible for anyone to appear to be me in day chat (not in graveyard or to det/lookout)?

FM Bosco
July 22nd, 2014, 10:20 AM
Nm, on the copy paste thing. I see the no direct quotes from you, I must paraphrase.

FM Bosco
July 22nd, 2014, 01:26 PM
When the master gives me an action to do, do I know the action or the target?

When the master gives me an action to do, does it cost me or him charges?

FM Bosco
July 22nd, 2014, 01:30 PM
Send a PM to another player (limited to 140 characters not including spaces [punctuation will count and no you cant use spaces as a code]) Other Betazoids will over hear your conversation if they are in the same room

Other betazoids will hear me if they're in the same room as me or the same room as my target or both?

FM Bosco
July 22nd, 2014, 01:38 PM
Will people in n1 captains chat still have access to what's written there tomorrow? Or do I need to tell them to store all that info off site for when they lose access to the section?

FM Bosco
July 22nd, 2014, 01:39 PM
Will Captain's Chat close at 9pm est tonight? Or will it remain open for the rest of the night phase?

FM Bosco
July 22nd, 2014, 01:56 PM
If I let the Ferengi purchase my role info from me, would he learn that I'm captain as well or just the spy part.

Forum Mafia GM
July 22nd, 2014, 02:08 PM
Is this just Roleplaying or am I in danger of providing him with information he can sell in my negotiations with him? Would I be providing him with information he could sell just by telling him I could provide whether or not Spock was an Officer and asking what he'd pay for it?
This is why I now have all information trading going through me directly, so that he can't leak any information that he wasn't suppose to.

Yes, if he gives the disguise with his framer ability, the person does not have a choice... If he gives it out by using the "trade" ability, then the person can choose to wear it or not. This is explained better to those who have the framer ability.

No, disguises don't affect sheriffs or graveyard.

Since its mostly FAQ, I don't mind as much.

No

When the master gives me an action to do, do I know the action or the target?
Yes, you will know both.

When the master gives me an action to do, does it cost me or him charges?
It costs him.

Other betazoids will hear me if they're in the same room as me or the same room as my target or both?
Same room as you.

Will people in n1 captains chat still have access to what's written there tomorrow? Or do I need to tell them to store all that info off site for when they lose access to the section?
Yes, they will always have access. I'm making it easier on the players / harder on hosts.... since I see everything, it looks like a maze to get to threads I want to read.

Will Captain's Chat close at 9pm est tonight? Or will it remain open for the rest of the night phase?
End of night phase.

If I let the Ferengi purchase my role info from me, would he learn that I'm captain as well or just the spy part.
Depends what you sell him...

FM Bosco
July 22nd, 2014, 02:25 PM
If it costs him to send me to get feed back that only I see is there any reason for him to send me instead of going himself except to avoid MM/BG/etc?

Forum Mafia GM
July 22nd, 2014, 02:34 PM
If it costs him to send me to get feed back that only I see is there any reason for him to send me instead of going himself except to avoid MM/BG/etc?

Cost is half of normal cost, different results for detective/lookouts that see you, possibly different weapons, etc...

FM Bosco
July 27th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Can someone other than the Captain have the mayor ability?

Depending on your answer, I may re-ask this question in day chat.

FM Bosco
July 27th, 2014, 07:31 AM
More in the same vein.

Is the Ferengi allowed to reveal his player account?

Is the Ferengi influence by threats of death on his player account? Specifically, can someone influence the Ferengi's actions if they threaten to kill his player account?

Forum Mafia GM
July 27th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Mayor= check the abilities in setup, please notice where it is located.

Yes, the ferengi can reveal and I'm sure he can be influenced.

I'm at work right now for the next 9 hours. Be back later if any more questions arise.

FM Bosco
July 27th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Yes Bosco, you did see this coming a mile away.

Spock, Bosco lists you as his number one scum target.

Bosco said he sheeped Bastian because he wanted to see if you truly intended to lynch Bastian. That is not to say he believes that Bastian is the Ferengi. He believes this to be a gambit to keep town from investigating one of your scum buddies.

FM Commander Spock

Bosco visited the Brig last evening under the assumption that not many people would. This paid off as only 1 other person choose to visit the Brig during the evening. This person told Bosco that he was an officer and that Spock was not.

FM Bosco
July 28th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Ignore that last post, posted in the wrong thread.

Can I negotiate with the Ferengi to trade charges for money?

Forum Mafia GM
July 28th, 2014, 03:25 PM
You can buy charges from the Ferengi if he has some for sale... You can't sell charges though.

FM Bosco
July 29th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Can a master choose to replace his current student without it dieing?

Forum Mafia GM
July 29th, 2014, 06:58 PM
No

FM Bosco
July 29th, 2014, 08:14 PM
I am interested in upping my trade game with the ferengi but want to make sure its all kosher.

Agree that any information I provide him in the process of make a deal may not be sold to others.
Reveal that I am a student and am willing to sell an unknown roles' feedback.
Reveal that I am the captain and am willing to sell charges to a blacksmith to get him items.

Forum Mafia GM
July 29th, 2014, 08:54 PM
I'll answer when I get home from work.

Forum Mafia GM
July 30th, 2014, 04:29 AM
Agree that any information I provide him in the process of make a deal may not be sold to others.
No guaranties here, he wants to make money.... if he can make money with info that you provide, he will try.

Reveal that I am a student and am willing to sell an unknown roles' feedback.
Selling the feedback is fine with me, revealing your roles however is a no go.. (after some thinking n1, I saw too many game breaking possible deals made if roles and alignments were sold to the ferengi)

Reveal that I am the captain and am willing to sell charges to a blacksmith to get him items.
"sell charges" "to a blacksmith" -> 2 problems, the only way anyone can "sell" a charge is if you gave the ferengis day account some charges by using your captain distribution, to which he is allowed to sell them to whomever he wants. Selling "to the blacksmith" would not be guarantied... nor does the Ferengi know who the blacksmith(s) is(are).

FM Bosco
July 30th, 2014, 04:41 AM
No guaranties here, he wants to make money.... if he can make money with info that you provide, he will try.
If the Ferengi agreed to not use that information to sell or to inform his night actions, would he be bound to that agreement?

Selling the feedback is fine with me, revealing your roles however is a no go.. (after some thinking n1, I saw too many game breaking possible deals made if roles and alignments were sold to the ferengi)

I wasn't talking about selling the role itself. If the aforementioned agreement was in place, could I sell an unknown student's feedback or captain abilities.

"sell charges" "to a blacksmith" -> 2 problems, the only way anyone can "sell" a charge is if you gave the ferengis day account some charges by using your captain distribution, to which he is allowed to sell them to whomever he wants. Selling "to the blacksmith" would not be guarantied... nor does the Ferengi know who the blacksmith(s) is(are).

Would the Ferengi be allowed to put out an add like "Looking for a blacksmith to PM me, will pay for you to make specific items. I agree not to use any information gained by this negotiation to sell or to inform my night actions", to figure out the Blacksmith.

Would the Ferengi then be able to ask the Blacksmith if he was willing to allow his name to be given to the Captain for direct transfer. Or could the Ferengi make a binding agreement to exchange charges I send him to the Blacksmith?

Forum Mafia GM
July 30th, 2014, 04:48 AM
If the Ferengi agreed to not use that information to sell or to inform his night actions, would he be bound to that agreement?
would he be bound = no

I wasn't talking about selling the role itself. If the aforementioned agreement was in place, could I sell an unknown student's feedback or captain abilities.
your student feedback will be detailed as in what you did, who you targeted and what was the result (if applicable), this can be sold to the Ferengi.
Your Captain abilities..... I can't think of anything you can sell to him.

Would the Ferengi be allowed to put out an add like "Looking for a blacksmith to PM me, will pay for you to make specific items. I agree not to use any information gained by this negotiation to sell or to inform my night actions", to figure out the Blacksmith.
No, he would not... since I allow people to "lie"......... I would have to allow anyone to claim blacksmith.

Would the Ferengi then be able to ask the Blacksmith if he was willing to allow his name to be given to the Captain for direct transfer. Or could the Ferengi make a binding agreement to exchange charges I send him to the Blacksmith?
No.... however direct transfer is possible without the ferengi by using your trade ability. Its up to you to discover the blacksmiths id to do this... (not to mention, gain his trust)

FM Bosco
July 30th, 2014, 05:00 AM
would he be bound = no

What is stopping the Ferengi from taking a Sheriff feedback from someone and selling someones role as sheriff to someone else?

your student feedback will be detailed as in what you did, who you targeted and what was the result (if applicable), this can be sold to the Ferengi.
Your Captain abilities..... I can't think of anything you can sell to him.

So I can't sell him charges if he was willing to give me his day account?

No, he would not... since I allow people to "lie"......... I would have to allow anyone to claim blacksmith.

He could confirm it with a minor item to start. Beside, what would someone have to gain by agreeing to make something for the Ferengi(payout upon item made) when they werent a blacksmith.

No.... however direct transfer is possible without the ferengi by using your trade ability. Its up to you to discover the blacksmiths id to do this... (not to mention, gain his trust)

stuff

Forum Mafia GM
July 30th, 2014, 05:14 AM
What is stopping the Ferengi from taking a Sheriff feedback from someone and selling someones role as sheriff to someone else?

Of course, I'm interested in buying your items as well as information. For Items, negotiate with the Ferengi directly, for information, only discuss with the FMGM since he will approve or not approve of what you wish to sell.
He is never made aware of who sold what info.

So I can't sell him charges if he was willing to give me his day account?
No... you distribute charges for free..... not sell.

He could confirm it with a minor item to start. Beside, what would someone have to gain by agreeing to make something for the Ferengi(payout upon item made) when they werent a blacksmith.
Its the "Looking for a blacksmith to PM me" part that doesn't fit. I allowed PMs to the Ferengi because people wanted to offer things they didn't want gen public to know about.... like the info (that they now PM me about). Using the PMs in this way... which is not making a deal but informing the blacksmith of a deal that you wish to make to him through the ferengi, would be more considered as something betazoid roles, and scum leader PMs were designed for.

FM Bosco
August 1st, 2014, 10:23 AM
With my master, I saw that he had me target Capt Hindsight and that no one visited him.

If a master made his student witch someone, would the student know his target's new target?

Forum Mafia GM
August 1st, 2014, 06:20 PM
Yes, you/he would get all the info of what the action was.

FM Bosco
August 2nd, 2014, 04:48 PM
I would like to request permission to directly quote the PM Re: Another Deal from the Ferengi in CaptnChat

FM Bosco
August 3rd, 2014, 06:57 AM
Were you drunk when you wrote this?

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/27828-Rules?p=458667&viewfull=1#post458667

Forum Mafia GM
August 5th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Were you drunk when you wrote this?

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/27828-Rules?p=458667&viewfull=1#post458667

Lol... I blame my phone and a huge lack of sleep. Except for the 2 hours sleep I got friday night, I was up for a good 48+ hours..... in the sun all day saturday.

I blame phone for location of the post.... it was suppose to be here.

FM Bosco
August 6th, 2014, 05:55 AM
If a buy a lookout action from the Ferengi tonight, do I need to be in the bar tomorrow night to get the result?

FM Bosco
August 7th, 2014, 05:33 AM
If a buy a lookout action from the Ferengi tonight, do I need to be in the bar tomorrow night to get the result?

FM Bosco
August 7th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Would I be able to buy an evening 3 -the bar recording from the Ferengi tonight and have access to it by Day 4.

If I buy 2 alcohols from the Ferengi tonight, will I know which did which effect?

Forum Mafia GM
August 7th, 2014, 10:47 AM
The Ferengi does NOT have a lookout action for sale. Therefor, you can't buy it.

Would I be able to buy an evening 3 -the bar recording from the Ferengi tonight and have access to it by Day 4.

If I buy 2 alcohols from the Ferengi tonight, will I know which did which effect?

The Ferengi does NOT have the recordings for evening 3 yet. Therefor, you can't buy it.

No, you will not know which did what... (if you didn't know coffee helps keep people awake in rl, and alcohol can get people drunk, if you drank both in rl, you wouldn't know if you got drunk off the coffee or the alcohol)

FM Bosco
August 7th, 2014, 11:04 AM
How about for other actions with feedback. If I bought both action and feedback would I need to be at the bar on night 4 to receive the feedback?

Forum Mafia GM
August 7th, 2014, 11:05 AM
You cannot buy information that the Ferengi does not have.

Forum Mafia GM
August 7th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Example: people could only buy the sheriff check on spock AFTER the ferengi sent his minions to get that info, not before.

FM Bosco
August 7th, 2014, 11:07 AM
I think the confusion is coming from the ferengi having offered to sell me the action and feed back on lookout for a combined cost of $60. Is he not allowed to make that offer?

Forum Mafia GM
August 7th, 2014, 11:10 AM
No he is not... however, if he does do a lookout action tonight, he is allowed to sell it evening/night 4.

If anything, he is negotiating a future deal, you would get nothing until you buy it night 4.

FM Bosco
August 8th, 2014, 03:34 AM
If someone attacks me on a night that I'm invulnerable, are they alerted that I'm invulnerable?

Same with Borging.

Forum Mafia GM
August 8th, 2014, 04:52 AM
They are not alerted, they don't know your health level, Klingons with vests can take a huge beating before dying - they would just think that you had high health when they see you not dead.

As for Borg - obviously they would be informed since you wouldn't be on their team.

You are alerted for both.

FM Bosco
August 8th, 2014, 05:00 AM
They are not alerted, they don't know your health level, Klingons with vests can take a huge beating before dying - they would just think that you had high health when they see you not dead.

As for Borg - obviously they would be informed since you wouldn't be on their team.

You are alerted for both.

Would I be informed of how much the attack would have hit for?

I imagine if I announce I was attacked last night that people would want me to announce how much I am missing for doctors, but if I get it wrong scum will think something is up.

Forum Mafia GM
August 8th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Your character sheet will be updated with your health, and the history will indicate the amount of total HP lost each phase.

FM Bosco
August 8th, 2014, 03:12 PM
What feedback would one see if they were bus driven?

Forum Mafia GM
August 8th, 2014, 03:18 PM
I've been improvising the wording on feedbacks, (thus the no quoting rule).. but the person would be notified that they were bus driven with the time at the begining (evening or night) just like every other feedback. They wouldn't know with who or where they ended up.