PDA

View Full Version : Epilogue: Last Man Standing

Elixir
October 17th, 2011, 03:08 AM
InFamous 2: The Red Soundtrack - [Track 22/22] - The Final Piece (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OOZzRjMw60#ws)

Epilogue: Last Man Standing

Both of them knew it was going to come to this.

The last remaining members of both Vermaak 88 and Cole's Conduits (though not of their own mind) stood on the roof of the highest building in New Marais... the wind was fierce and it began to rain as they stared at each other in total silence for what seemed like an eternity.

Then Gladys made her move, stepping sideways a bolt of lightning flew from her hands straight at Rosenberg. He dived out of the way without issue quickly countering by conjuring a lance of ice above him and throwing it dead at Gladys' chest. Not wasting any time, Gladys drew her revolver and shot the ice shard out of the sky, it blasting into a million pieces and harmlessly passing her by.

The rain intensified as they charged at one another. Gladys blocked a punch from Rosenberg aimed at the gut and countered with a swift kick to the head. Rosenberg was stumbled by quickly drew a shotgun before Gladys could capitalize and shot it blindly causing Gladys to have to move defensively. Quickly wasting both chambered shots, Rosenberg attempted to reload but another lightning blast from Gladys knocked the shotgun out of his hands and off the edge of the building, well beyond his reach.

Rosenberg was cornered. The edge of the building behind him and Gladys in front of him with a magnum loaded and pointed right at him.

"This is where it ends" Gladys monotonly spoke as though possessed.

Rosenberg, knowing there was no way out of this simplify said

"Indeed it is"

Ice then crystallized from his arm and latched on to Gladys leg... Still being connected, Rosenberg jumped off the building... falling to his death with Gladys in tow.

Ralph awoke to the news that they both had died...

What once was a lowly medic now led the crusade against Conduits everywhere in Bertrand's Honor.

The Newly Formed Ralph's Legion became the number 1 contractor world wide for Special Operations Assistance in the ongoing war against the conduits, for Ralph knew the destruction that these horrors can cause first hand.

The Beast's location is unknown.

FINALE MUSICS:

InFamous 2: The Blue Soundtrack - [Track 23/23] - Fade Away (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FLKi0flMk8#ws)

The Town has Won the Game!

Congratulations to the Surviving Members of New Marais:

Ralph

In Memory of the Stout Members of New Marais who gave their lives for Justice:

Amber
Theodore
Yvette
Verna
Joshua
Thelma
Roger
Todd (Joseph Bertrand)
Emerald
Jimmy
Phillip
Yolanda
Timothy
Matthew
Delores
Thomas
The Original Rosenberg
Velma
Elizabeth
Nina
Refurbished Cosenza Town Gallows
New Marais Graveyard Camera

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK IN THE STICKY IN DEAD CHAT!!

Full Graveyard:

Verna: (Medic): Found dead on the sidewalk with premature Rigor Mortis. [Night I]
Joshua: (Citizen): Found dead in his home with a massive glacier in his chest. [Night I]
Yvette: (Stripper): Shot in the head by the firing squad [Day II]
Jimmy: (Detective): Found thrown through a working television in an apartment stripped of power. [Night II]
Timothy: (Citizen): Repeatedly shot in the chest with a Militia Standard Issue Rifle. [Night II]
Patrick: (Lucy Kuo [MacGrath]): Blasted in the neck by a concealable Militia Revolver [Day III]
Faye: (Janitor [Vermaak 88]): Blasted in the neck by a concealable Militia Revolver [Day III]
Yolanda: (Citizen): Shot in the head by the firing squad [Day III]
William: (Citizen): Hit by a truck. [Mod Killed] [Day III]
Brian: (Reaper - Investigator): Attempted to be Exorcised with a Cross burnt into his skull, later having his throat slit by a Man with a shard of Ice. [Night III]
Elizabeth:(Citizen): Found in multiple pieces in her home following an electrical explosion. [Night III]
Steve: (Framer [Vermaak 88]): Found in the Militia Forum Room with a gunshot wound to the head. [Night III]
Candice: (Soul of The Beast): Shot by the firing squad only to dematerialize right before everyone’s eyes. [Day IV]
Joseph Bertrand: (Joseph Bertrand): Found dead on the street with a bullet in his chest from a Militia Standard Issue Rifle [Night IV]
Amber (Investigator): Found tied to a fence with evidence of electrocution. [Night IV]
Theodore (Cop): Found encased in a block of ice. Had died before it could be thawed. [Night IV]
Jane: (? ? ? ? ?): ? ? ? [Night IV]
Nina: (Coroner): Shot in the head by the firing squad [Day V]
Janet (Reaper - Zeke Dunbar [MacGrath]): Found Dead in Phillips home, cut to ribbons by a maniac... followed shortly by having their mind frozen. [Night V]
Phllip (Citizen): Found Dead in his home, cut to ribbons by a maniac. [Night V]
Sonya (Sasha): Found near the entrance to the sewers with a gunshot wound to the head. [Night V]
Delores (Armorsmith): Struck by an Ionic Storm [Night V]
Olga (Spree Killer): Shot in the head by the firing squad [Day VI]
Emerald (Priest): Mutilated and left for dead in the park... clutching a holy bible. [Night VI]
Matthew (Citizen): Struck by an Ionic Storm. [Night VI]
Thelma (Priest): Found in ice shards scattered throughout her home. [Night VI]
Velma (Bus Driver): Shot in the head by the firing squad [Day VII]
Chris (Reaper Leader): Killed in a Duel with Cole MacGrath. [Night VII]
Alan (Reaper - Militia Extremist): Killed himself in a psychotic rage. [Night VII]
Jesse (Reaper - Enforcer [Vermaak 88]): Killed himself in a psychotic rage. [Night VII]
Thomas (Militia Extremist): Killed with a large ice shard through the chest. [Night VII]
New Marais Graveyard Camera (Surveillance Equipment): Blown up by a Lightning Bolt from Cole MacGrath. [Night VII]
Dark.Revenant (New Marais Firing Squad): Electrocuted by Cole MacGrath [Day VIII]
BlastYoBoots (New Marais Firing Squad): Electrocuted by Cole MacGrath [Day VIII]
Elixir (New Marais Firing Squad): Electrocuted by Cole MacGrath [Day VIII]
Refurbished Cosenza Town Gallows (Gallows): Blown up by a Stinger Missile. [Day VIII]
Narks (New Marais Militia Backup Divison): Killed in an Ionic Storm [Day VIII]
Steak (New Marais Militia Backup Divison): Killed in an Ionic Storm [Day VIII]
Jerry (Cole MacGrath [MacGrath]): Taken out by a magnum blast to the head while dazed. [Day VIII]
Roger (Citizen): Found brutalized, lashed with electric burns and half his body was frozen [Night IX]
Militia Forum Hall (Building): Blown up by a grenade. [Night IX]
Gladys (Reaper - Grave Robber [MacGrath]): Killed in the Final Showdown [Night X]
Rosenberg (Disguiser [Vermaak 88]): Killed in the Final Showdown [Night X]

Original Members of the Militia Forum and their COM names.

Jesse - Zane
Jimmy - Ganondorf
Yolanda - Mrzwach
Joshua - AscendedOne
Timothy - divemaster127
Phillip - Inca_Killa
Matthew - NorthStar
Patrick - Goonswarm
Roger - Marcus
William - Lazers
Verna - Monster
Jerry - Rumpel
Yvette - Raiden
Thomas - suicidaln00b
Olga - S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
Amber - Muso
Gladys - fred
Chris - Yayap
Alan - Illidan
Rosenberg - Originally was Dust, then MileS
Faye - CLAW. IT WAS CLAW OKAY STOP ASKING ME. YES HE CLAIMED HIMSELF.
Sonya - Philie
Delores - MrSmarter
Theodore - FalseTruth
Jane - Originally was MileS, then Dust
Thelma - Jaczac
Nina - Procyon
Todd - McPwnage
Ralph - Vornskr
Elizabeth - Auckmid
Brian - Zack
Janet - Severn
Steve - oops_ur_dead
Emerald - Darth Sand
Velma - Deathfire123
Candice - TheJackofSpades

Full Original Role List:

Cole MacGrath [MacGrath]
Lucy Kuo [MacGrath]
Zeke Dunbar [MacGrath]
Grave Robber [MacGrath]

Enforcer [Vermaak 88]
Janitor [Vermaak 88]
Disguiser [Vermaak 88]
Framer [Vermaak 88]

Soul of The Beast
Sasha (Reaper Leader)
Spree Killer
Amnesiac
Student

Joseph Bertrand
Cop
Investigator
Coroner
Militia Extremist
Medic
Armorsmith
Priest
Militia Extremist
Medic
Bus Driver
Detective
Stripper
Investigator
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

List of Storyline Objectives:

Cop:
Storyline Objective (Stout Sheriff): Your storyline objective is to use the information you find at night to be the driving force getting a Conduit, Reaper or Rebel lynched during the day. Causing a member of New Marais to be lynched will cause an instant failure of this Objective.

Invest:
Storyline Objective (Inquisition): Your storyline objective is to perfectly interpret the information you find at night and calling out a targets true role, leading to a non town member being lynched. Calling out a false role, or attempting to spam all the roles, or quoting what you receive will result in instant failure of this Objective.

Priest:
Storyline Objective (Strength of Faith): Your storyline objective is to see the numbers of the Priest order reach 4 or above. Having priests killed will detract from this objective. You must have 4 alive to complete it.

Medic:
Storyline Objective (Preventative Care): Your storyline objective is to successfully heal a target at night and successfully prevent a conversion to the reapers at night. This can be achieved at any point in the game.

Gunsmith/Armorsmith:
Storyline Objective (Loyalist): Your storyline objective is to ensure your items only go to members of New Marais. You will not be notified of your success or failure of this objective until the game ends or a non New Marais target you gave an item to is killed.

Citizens:
Citizens do not have a Storyline Objective.

Jailor:
Storyline Objective (Sleight of Hand): Your storyline objective is to ensure you only execute non town members all game. At least 2 executions must be made in the course of the game to qualify.

Joseph Bertrand:
Storyline Objective (There is Only Room for One): Your storyline objective is to be the hammer vote that sentences Cole MacGrath to death. You do not have to be revealed to complete this objective.

Detective:
Storyline Objective (Stalker): Your storyline objective is to successfully follow 2 targets to a kill. You will not be notified about the success of this objective until the end of the game. Town and Gunsmith kills count to this objective.

Lookout:
Storyline Objective (Camper): Your storyline objective is to successfully watch a target who is killed, deduce the killer, and be integral in their lynch. This must not be a Town Member.
Bodyguard:
Storyline Objective (Martyr): Your storyline objective is to successfully defend a Town Member. Being killed defending a Conduit or Neutral will see this objective failed.

Coroner:
Storyline Objective (Secrets of the Dead): Your storyline objective is to successfully autopsy 3 targets, and use the information you gather to be integral in the lynching of a Conduit or Neutral.

Bus Driver:
Storyline Objective (Vigilant Driver): Your storyline objective is to successfully prevent a kill on a Towns Member by swapping them with a Conduit or Neutral.

Militia Extremist:
Storyline Objective (Master Blaster): Your storyline objective is to never shoot a Town Member. At least 1 shot must be fired to qualify for this objective.

Veteran:
Storyline Objective (Master Sergeant): Your storyline objective is to have more Non Town than Town die by your rifle.

Stripper:
Storyline Objective (Master of the Corner): Your storyline objective is to successfully block a Non Town killing role from carrying out their kill. You will not be notified of the success of this objective until the end of the game.

Cole MacGrath:
Storyline Objective (Karma): Your storyline objective is to personally kill Joseph Bertrand. This must be done at night and you have to send yourself to do the killing.

Zeke Dunbar:
Storyline Objective (The Sidekick): Your storyline objective is to find Joseph Bertrand. and give him to Cole. Telling Cole someone is the Mayor and it is revealed he is not will fail this objective. If Bertrand reveals before you can find him, your objective changes to finding the Soul of the Beast.

Lucy Kuo:
Storyline Objective (A Woman Scorned): Your storyline objective is to successfully block any member of Vermaak 88. You will not be notified of your success of this objective until the end of the game or until one of your previous block targets is revealed to be from Vermaak 88.

Grave Robber:
Storyline Objective (Master Thief): Your storyline objective is to never have you thievery blocked by a Coroner.

Enforcer:
Storyline Objective (The Unmoving): Your storyline objective is to prevent at least 2 role changes. You will not be notified of the success of your objective until the end of the game.

Janitor:
Storyline Objective (No Trace): Your storyline objective is to successfully clean the role of an enemy Conduit member. You will not be informed of your success in this objective until the end of the game.

The Disguiser does not have a Storyline Objective.

Framer:
Storyline Objective (Who Can you Trust?): Your Storyline Objective is to successfully plant evidence on a target that directly results in them getting lynched. You will not receive notification as to the success of this objective until the game's end.

The Beast:
Storyline Objective (Final Showdown): Your storyline objective is to ensure Cole MacGrath lives to see the coming of the Beast.

Sasha:
Storyline Objective (Primal Lust): Your storyline objective is to bring Cole MacGrath under your control. Mind, soul… and body.

Spree Killer:
Storyline Objective (Master Assassin): Your storyline objective is to never have your kills healed through.

Student:
The Student does not have a Storyline Objective. You will also gain the Storyline Objective of your Mentor.

Amnesiac:
The Amnesiac does not have a Storyline Objective. You will gain the Storyline Objective of the Target you Remember.

Reaper Investigator
Storyline Objective (False Inquisition): Your storyline objective is to find Cole Macgrath and give him to Sasha. You finding Cole and him being successfully converting to a Reaper is integral to your success.

Secondary Objective Failures (not by death):

Theodore: Caused the lynch of Yvette (Stripper)
Amber: Claimed Faye was Grave Robber. (Also leaked his damn objective)
Alan: Shot a Citizen
Jerry: Lost Joseph Bertrand to a Militia Extremist.
fred: Robbery Blocked by Coroner
Thomas: Shot the Mayor.

Faye would have completed his objective if Patrick wasn't healed the night they went to attack him.

Award Ceremony:

*** Unless otherwise noted, all graphics provided as awards were created by fred. I took ones not for secondary obj. winners and made avatars out of them as well but the design work was all fred.

Secondary Objective Completion Awards:

oops_ur_dead - Framer - Who can you trust?

Some may call it luck, some may call it intuition, some may call it perfect evaluation of day troll... whatever the case, Oops managed to perfectly frame Yvette on night I causing Theodore to go on a single target rampage causing a lynch.

Grats to Oops, the first Secondary Objective winner.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/Whitetree/oops.jpg

MrSmarter - Armorsmith - Loyalist

In complete contrast to his acts as gunsmith (though not as bad as NorthStar arguably), this game MrSmarter handed out no items to the enemy. A devoted townsmember, loyal only to New Marais, MrSmarter has earned the Loyalist award.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/Whitetree/Smarter.jpg

Ralph - Medic - Preventative Care

Not only did Ralph end up miraculously carrying the Town to a victory, he also completed his secondary objective... though, he did so by saving a Conduit. By denying Faye his secondary objective and saving Patrick's life, he earned a save that was later tied with the cult prevention on Cole MacGrath himself...

So really... He was a Conduit aligned Medic in order to get this objective... yet the town still won.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/Whitetree/Vorn-1.jpg

Other Awards:

The Forever Alone Award: *Made by Lix

No matter who's home he visited... No one was ever there to greet him. The night where he got 2 kills he was really only meant to get one... and even that didnt change the outcome of the game that much at all... he killed on the same day he was killed. Therefore, I give the forever alone award to Olga - S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/Whitetree/ragecomic.jpg

The Wifom Award

It's a pretty well established rule that you can never take anything as truth at face value in Mafia, though it may very well be. Claw, thinking he needed not the guise of anonymity, claimed his real COM name and avatar on Day I fearlessly. Though... even after his death... no one believed him.

It takes a real master of wifom to wifom your way out of your own fucking identity. Therefore, the Wifom award goes to Faye - Claw.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/Whitetree/clawav2.jpg [Avatar]
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/Whitetree/Claw.jpg [Sig]

The Master of Subtlety Award

Going into a game being the number 1 target is a pretty daunting task. Even anon, you've got a massive target on your head. Yayap knew this all too well at the beginning of the game. Being the Oracle of previous games, many people were trying to decipher his identity all game... though everyone was completely wrong until like day 3/4 at the absolute earliest. Many guesses were made, all incorrect... all the while Yayap sat in his cave with his notepad out... watching... and waiting for the perfect time to strike.

His amazing subtlety in the most trying of situations has earned him this award.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/Whitetree/yayapav.jpg [Avatar]
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/Whitetree/Yayap.jpg [Sig]

Cole MacGrath Award for King of New Marais (MVP)

It was hard... Many players made good plays and many players rose up in times of need.

Ralph (Vornskr) started the game very shaky but ended up forming up to end the town on a win.
Gladys (fred) played a very interesting game as both a Reaper and a Red Conduit... An Exceptional GF control with a saved heal comes to mind as a pimp play.
Jane I/Rosenberg II (MileS) was the standout player of the Oranges at least trying to come up with some form of plan, yet not be so overt as to get shot in the earlier days.

But in the end, I decided to award King of New Marais to Alan - Illidan

He was, from my perspective, the most well rounded and consistent player in New Marais. He was always playing 100% to his affiliation, and lets be honest, I think we all would have shot Timothy the way he was playing the first few days... But his other two shots hit true to the mark.

When out of shots, he tried to eat a bullet for the town and instead got himself culted. Then, he managed to read the following nights perfectly... pity no one listened to him eh?

With that, and a few other reasons that dont come to mind as a type this, Illidan is the MVP of FMV: New Marais.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/Whitetree/Illidan.png [Avatar]
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/Whitetree/Illidan-1.gif [Animated Sig]

Thanks to fred for the awesome awards.

Thanks to DR for letting us play this on his webspace

Thanks to all of you for playing!.

Enjoy FM 6/7 that will be hosted by Raiden and Illidan!

Elixir
October 17th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Updating this thread so you guys can actually post in it... lol

This thread will be open for about 24 hours before I need to archive for next FM.

Illidan
October 17th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Thanks for the award elixir&fred, the animated sign is really cool :D

It was an awesome game from the start to the very end, thanks to everyone who played!

Elixir
October 17th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Fuck it, leave feedback here. I'm going to start resetting the subforums.

Ganondorf
October 17th, 2011, 03:48 AM
The town only wins when Elixir hosts... and we were handed it to us both times. GF anyway... I look forward to being alive again soon...

Ganondorf
October 17th, 2011, 03:49 AM
I mean "gg": stupid auto correct...

Rumpel1408
October 17th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Cult lost, huge success \o/

Raiden
October 17th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Awesome epilogue rp, awesome looking awards. Thank you Elixir for being such a good host!

And thanks Fred, for your astounding graphic abilities.

I don't seem to be able to stay alive while i am not scum, do i?

List of Best and Worst coming soon.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
October 17th, 2011, 04:03 AM
The only objective is to have Cult lose.

jaczac
October 17th, 2011, 04:43 AM
WOO!

I cant belive we won!

vornksr
October 17th, 2011, 05:20 AM
The town only wins when Elixir hosts...

Or when vornskr is town :D :P

Congrats & gg, all; it was a fun game. In my own defense, I don't believe that my beginning play was shaky: it was calculated to keep me alive and was apparently pretty successful. Reading through the night chats, I think the cult really deserved to win; they had the best play of any faction, so far as I can see.

Hope you all have a good time with FM7; I'm looking forward to being back for FM8.

Yayap
October 17th, 2011, 05:27 AM
GG all. Now Here are 2 special awards for finding me.

Raiden was the first to correctly guess my real name. His guess came late on day 4, 3 hours before night 4 started.
Congrats!

Yayap
October 17th, 2011, 05:28 AM
And the first person to find me (IP traced me day 1) but wasn't playing and then proceeded to reveal my ID:

Raiden
October 17th, 2011, 05:40 AM
GG all. Now Here are 2 special awards for finding me.

Raiden was the first to correctly guess my real name. His guess came late on day 4, 3 hours before night 4 started.
Congrats!

Yay for me, i get to win something too! Actually, i just realized i won my first FM game, even though i don't feel like town deserved it. Anyway, being dead helped A LOT. I wouldn't have figured it out while still alive.

Dust
October 17th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Well, I enjoyed this game quite a bit. I'm just a bit annoyed my original account wasn't what I died with. I really don't think that the town deserved this, but I'll take it. ;D

Raiden
October 17th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Onwards with Raiden's Best & Worst of FM5:

Best Players:
1) Illidan (Alan): he was already going to be top 3 due to his amazing (mis)leading skills, for directing lynches to the wrong people while having obvious better target, and for having shot the right people. I would have shot Timothy myself. As Elixir said, and i couldn't agree more, Illidan has been an awesome asset for both teams he was in. After having read Cult chat, i had no more doubts. Double MVP.

2) FalseTruth (Theodore): yeah, i know, he lynched me, and it was not very smart of him to check the mysterious guy. However, the circumstances were all against me, framer was not even a confirmed role, Inca forgot to claim blocked... i wouldn't have done anything different than what False did. The days afterwards he played a very good game, his suspicions were almost always based on truth and although luck (and god's word) played a huge role during day 4, he deserves at least some merit on the lynch of the beast. His last will was also pretty accurate, at least moreso than what other people thought during the following days *cough*Nina was lynched*cough*.

3) Candice (TheJackofSpades): as usual with Jack, Candice was the cleanest player among all. His play was pro-town beyond doubt, and that is easily the best move a role such as the beast could do. By defending me he had placed an hard bet, for should i have flipped mafia, he would have been in great danger, but as we all know, his guesses were correct. Then again, not even the most well-hidden people can survive a mass roleclaim while being afk, and that's was the only fault in his plan.

Honorable mentions: Gladys (Fred) was the most prominent player in the red mafia, and played a very important role as a cultist too. He deserved to win this game, but Jerry (Rumpel) decided to screw him up once and for all. Not his fault. On the orange side, Miles (Jane->Rosenberg) also performed very well. His claim on day 4 was the only justified one, since he had an easy way out, and he took down a doctor while at it. He managed to blend in the town quite well for some time, only to be found by cult masterminds and a renewed Ralph (vornksr).

Best Team:
Cult. Sonya (philie) was a great cult leader until day 5, and she successfully recruited/was chosen by some of the best material out there, resulting in a very strong faction, who in the end lost only due to Jerry's blind hatred. Chris (yayap) had no other choice than to play exactly how he did, even if i agree it was a strategy to be frowned upon. Cult deserved to win this game anyway.

Worst Team:
Town. Honestly, this has been the worst town ever in the history of Forum Mafia. Very few players managed to stand out of the mass and actually bring something good to their faction. The citizens basically didn't play the game, they just sat there and lurk, occasionally voting on random wagons. Most power roles died early, played poorly or were recruited in the cult. Exception to this are Theodore, late-game Ralph and possibly Thomas (suicidaln00b), even though shooting Phillip was one of the worst moves in the game. Velma (Deathfire123) and Delores (MrSmarter) performed somewhere in the middle, not playing really bad while not being all too impactful either.

Worst Players:
1) The Citizens: the citizens have played so bad that i couldn't make up my mind and choose one for being the worst, so i just grouped them all. Some might have been worse than others, but the truth is, they have been far more damaging than what they were helpful. Do not repeat this, ever.

2) Jerry: there is one reason why town won this game, and its name is Jerry. He threw victory away as if it were a rock by killing the new cult leader, when it was obvious that he would have been the next lynch target. Some people may not agree with me on this, but honestly, it was his ONLY chance to win this game as an individual player.

3) Emerald (Darth Sand): here is another case of reaching a new bottom in the play of a mason. Me dying night 1 while recruiting the jester was fun, but Emerald surpassed me by recruiting BOTH benign neutrals, double killing a reaper and having both herself and the only other mason killed. All of this while always voting the wrong people for day lynches, most notably Olga during Day VI.

Honorable mentions: yeah, the worst player part would have been too long if i had to list all people who actually deserved to be here, so i'll just name the two of them that didn't made it into bottom 3: Janet (severn) for making it clear that she was mafia and culted, while revealing her teammates' names; and Olga (SAS), for managing to get only one kill as a spree killer.

As always, don't take any offense from this. I understand better than anyone else that there may be circumstances in which you just can't do anything good, even with the best of intentions. You may have been unlucky, you may have lacked the time to pay proper attention, you may have been misled by great plays performed by other players. Use this list to learn something for future games, or just disregard it and forget i had ever wrote it.

Thank you :)

vornksr
October 17th, 2011, 07:24 AM
2) Jerry: there is one reason why town won this game, and its name is Jerry. He threw victory away as if it were a rock by killing the new cult leader, when it was obvious that he would have been the next lynch target. Some people may not agree with me on this, but honestly, it was his ONLY chance to win this game as an individual player.

I cannot disagree with this more. Jerry made the only move that made sense in that circumstance. One doesn't play for individual victory: one plays for one's alignment, which Jerry did as well as he possibly could.

It actually makes me really sad that people don't agree on this--it means that we're essentially playing different games in the same room, which makes the whole enterprise rather less fun. :(

Yayap
October 17th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I cannot disagree with this more. Jerry made the only move that made sense in that circumstance. One doesn't play for individual victory: one plays for one's alignment, which Jerry did as well as he possibly could.

It actually makes me really sad that people don't agree on this--it means that we're essentially playing different games in the same room, which makes the whole enterprise rather less fun. :(

He threw away Reds chances of winning, Vorn. It would have been better for him to kill a diff cultist and lynch me during the day if he didn't get recruited. That would have been Reds only chance of winning without cult.

McJesus
October 17th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Yeah gg for town, I told you they would end up killing each other. I wish i would have survived a bit longer, I feel like I could have been more useful damn busdriver/fail vig.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
October 17th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Honorable mentions: yeah, the worst player part would have been too long if i had to list all people who actually deserved to be here, so i'll just name the two of them that didn't made it into bottom 3: Janet (severn) for making it clear that she was mafia and culted, while revealing her teammates' names; and Olga (SAS), for managing to get only one kill as a spree killer.

Spree Killer is a very potentially powerful role
but also a potentially worthless role that's as powerful as a citizen except you don't want to be lynched. You have to pick targets that people would most visit while also trying to keep your secondary objective fulfilled. The night Velma was armored and anti-culted I could have attacked but I was unsure of whether or not armor was considered a heal. Overall I tried to go for the most anti-cult I could play.

Cult is probably the best chance of anyone winning in any Mafia game with them but to do that would to be playing against your original purpose. We all remember the FM game with Narks as Cult Leader. Oops got scared of being culted and switched his target from Narks because he'd rather win with the Cult than die and win as a group. Miles and I still lost which was a pretty asshole move of him as well.

Also I didn't target Philip, I targeted Matthew. I have no fuckin' idea what happened that night since there's no witch. And a bus drive would have just been nullified by armor. I killed a cult at least before the Mafia hit. Free citizen too, eh?

vornksr
October 17th, 2011, 07:50 AM
He threw away Reds chances of winning, Vorn.

This is at least a different argument. I'm happy to debate strategy, though I still think I would have done the same thing he did in his situation. But arguing that it was a dumb move because he should have known he was getting culted really rubs me the wrong way.

TheJackofSpades
October 17th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Congratulations Illidan, you truly did deserve this MVP.

Also, it's not a dumb move that Jerry attacked Sonya per se, but that he had seemingly no follow-up plan to it at all. You cannot pretend not to be the GF forever, especially after the cult had already significantly hinted against this scenario, AND the red mafia killed the cult leader.

Deathfire123
October 17th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Well I guess my Night one Bus Drive wasnt so stupid after all now that I look at S.A.S' award

MrSmarter
October 17th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Well I guess my Night one Bus Drive wasnt so stupid after all now that I look at S.A.S' award
lol
GG all.

FalseTruth
October 17th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Congrats Illidan, you deserved it. I agree with Raiden's list except for Jerry being a bad player, for the reasons Vorn pointed out.

AscendedOne
October 17th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Gladys (Reaper - Grave Robber [MacGrath]): Killed in the Final Showdown [Night X]
Rosenberg (Disguiser [Vermaak 88]): Killed in the Final Showdown [Night X]

You mean the ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN, OF ULTIMATE DESTINY!

Good guys bad guys and explosions as far as the eye can see....

I completely disagree with jerry being bad, he decided either A, cult leader would die or B or he would get culted.

Zack
October 17th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I agree with Vornskr, surprisingly... That was the best move Jerry could do, he essentially forced the cult at gunpoint to recruit him or else. The thing is, Chris should have known Jerry would be anti-culted, it was expected the doctor would do that once it was known Jerry is the GF... And in turn, recruit the doctor instead of Jerry.

Wrong moves by the cult that lead to its demise: Recruiting Gladys instead of Jerry, recruiting Alan instead of Ralph. Godfather > Grave Robber , Doctor > Vigi with no bullets.

Unfortunatley I was dead too early to contribute with my opinions... Thanks to Amber and my own hasty and ineffective defense, I should have gone by admitting being a Rebel in hindsight, i'd probably survive and lead the town astray thinking Laroche was in play and that Amber is a culted investigator, heh.

Raiden
October 17th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah, i knew this would happen, lol. The point is, we have a different view on how we would have played the game.

Rumpel had 2 possible choices: play to win the game, or remain loyal to the red mafia and play for fun, knowing that he would most likely have lost. He chose the second, and i'm not blaming him for this, however you can't really argue with the fact that he threw away every chance he had to win this game.

Mind, i am not one of those guys who will join the cult because it is "cool" or something, but this situation was unique in its kind. Red mafia had zero chances to win this game, unless everyone got instant down syndrome. If the cult leader died, the only plausible lynch target was the gf. No one would vote anything else than the only remaining invulnerable role, i hope everyone understand this, and that this means jerry had no chance to win this game by killing chris. He also knew that the doctor would probably enforce him, as it was the only move that made any sense.

What we should do in the future (and i as a host will try my best to do it) is preventing such a situation from happening in the first place. As i said sometime earlier in dead chat, the cult should win as soon as it includes 75% of the currently alive population, not as a last faction standing like town or mafia. That would have justified jerry's behavior, because the game would have ended with cult autowin regardless of who they recruited that night. But the rules were different (and just to make it sure i'm not blaming elixir for not foreseeing a 1 in a billion situation).

Deathfire123
October 17th, 2011, 11:07 AM
vorn didn't know Rumpel was the GF that night, so he just guessed. Therefore, Rumpel had no idea if he was going to get anti-culted or not, might as well make a last ditch effort for his team or get culted trying.

Rumpel1408
October 17th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Well, what else to say that I don't see me as one of the worst players

If I would have killed another cultist while they made a successfull kill and a successfull recruit would have made them lynch me the following day in return and obtaining the win the following night. One could say that Chirs had me as a secondary objective, but its a secondary objective and not necessary to win.

Also I had a slight chance to lynch Gladys, since both Ralph and Rosenberg still did not see me as the GF even when I killed Chris, something I did not expect but anyway. Indeed they refused to vote anyone half the Day but rushed on me within three hours.
It wouldn't had been that difficult if they would not have hinted my role that hard the previous day.

The point is, I don't beg to get an award for the best player, but calling me out as one of the worst goes a bit to far imho.

Zack
October 17th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Granted... I know how you play Rumpel, you act as if you're stupid while you know what you are doing. Somehow you always get scum roles, lol.

The cult chose to go against the secondary objective and recruit Gladys instead of you because of how "stupid" you acted during the day... You would have been culted long before that end game scenario, if I was still alive to affect the recruitment.

And yes, Chris's bold move during the day revealed to the doctor that the GF isn't culted like he thought he was. The doctor was sure the GF was under cult control, and the cult should have kept him thinking that instead of throwing all the cards on the table.

Zane
October 17th, 2011, 12:37 PM
GG, but I don't understand why Jesse didn't get the MVP award. Sexy.

McJesus
October 17th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I agree Jerry's forced recruiting of the cult was the best situation, otherwise they could have just lynched him in the day time and won.

philie
October 17th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Nah not worst.... Just a jerk move imo:P Didnt lead to either of factions victory, just... derp.

@ brian, culting alan was mostly because he is illidan, it was very likely he was out of bullets. You can look back at everything and criticize it, but at the time i couldnt possibly see the whole picture, and vorn seemed like he would do more damage than good if he got culted because of how stupid he made himself look.

suicidaln00b
October 17th, 2011, 01:13 PM
WILLIAM MVP

Goonswarm
October 17th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I am my own MVP, fuck the haters!

GG tho, was fun for the short time it lasted.

FalseTruth
October 17th, 2011, 02:16 PM
\

What... Where have you been for the past month?

Zack
October 17th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Hm, Vorn has proved to be a pretty fail scum before, thats true. In this case however all he'd have to do is heal the cult leader at night, no more fear of the mafia.

Considering the fail of the citizens, perhaps they should have had a secondary objective to give them motivation? They should have more than one really, and win the first one they meet the conditions for, I got some examples:

1. Make people believe you are a power role AND be attacked by scum or recruited into the cult. Both conditions must apply, if you succeed in only one you fail the objective.

2. Make everyone believe you are truly a citizen without a shadow of a doubt - without being recruited by masons who would confirm you, and before all the evil roles who's parallel is citizen are lynched or killed.

3. Lead the town to lynch a scum by analyzing the day chats, relying on reported information from power roles is acceptable - so long as you are the one actively leading the lynch.

Well, thats assuming future FM's will follow suit on Elixir's secondary objective idea, heh.

vornksr
October 17th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Hm, Vorn has proved to be a pretty fail scum before, thats true.

:(

I'll prove myself someday.

MileS
October 17th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I was pretty sure the GF was Rumpel, but I agree that you guys should have been less revealing. I was planning to do the same thing as Rumpel (shooting the cult leader) the following day after Ralph was out of the way if I didn't get culted.

As for my decision to shoot Janet, I felt that our chances to win the game were extraordinarily slim (see my thread title) and on the off chance that town would somehow get derailed, we couldn't afford to go into the endgame with one less living member than the red mafia (regardless of her being culted) and weakening the cult was a bonus.

Out of everyone, I felt that Theodore played the best.

Also, can mafia members be able to shoot their teammates in the future? Shooting Jesse would have helped me immensely since I would have been able to have control of my kill again, but I wasn't allowed to.

Spy
October 17th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Am I the only one who noticed the nice haircut on the guy of the picture in that Finale Music video?

Oh yeah, and um when will the next FM that I am supposed to be in start? Because if it just suddenly starts and I miss a lot and you guys who mod this game think omg he doesn't post let's kick him out of the game/kill him AGAIN, I will be pissed.

I am already pissed that they didn't have Call of Duty 4 for Mac in the games store today. They didn't have sprouts either.

Ok.

Deathfire123
October 17th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Am I the only one who noticed the nice haircut on the guy of the picture in that Finale Music video?

Oh yeah, and um when will the next FM that I am supposed to be in start? Because if it just suddenly starts and I miss a lot and you guys who mod this game think omg he doesn't post let's kick him out of the game/kill him AGAIN, I will be pissed.

I am already pissed that they didn't have Call of Duty 4 for Mac in the games store today. They didn't have sprouts either.

Ok.

Midday Tuesday 12PM for me

Goonswarm
October 17th, 2011, 04:04 PM
\

What... Where have you been for the past month?

Moving to Portland!

Ambient
October 17th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Portland FTW!

Ganondorf
October 17th, 2011, 06:16 PM
1) The Pacific coast is freakin' awesome!
2) Personally, I would like to see this as an objective for citizens:

Civilian Powerhouse: Receive and use 2 or more smith items
Or...
Hoarder: Receive 1 or more smith items and never use any of them

TheJackofSpades
October 17th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I was pretty sure the GF was Rumpel, but I agree that you guys should have been less revealing. I was planning to do the same thing as Rumpel (shooting the cult leader) the following day after Ralph was out of the way if I didn't get culted.

As for my decision to shoot Janet, I felt that our chances to win the game were extraordinarily slim (see my thread title) and on the off chance that town would somehow get derailed, we couldn't afford to go into the endgame with one less living member than the red mafia (regardless of her being culted) and weakening the cult was a bonus.

Out of everyone, I felt that Theodore played the best.

Also, can mafia members be able to shoot their teammates in the future? Shooting Jesse would have helped me immensely since I would have been able to have control of my kill again, but I wasn't allowed to.

According to some people I talked to, you could have done so at any time.

MileS
October 17th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I definitely couldn't. I sent in an order to kill Jesse the night the Cult Leader died but Elixir said I couldn't kill my own Mafia teammates.

Deathfire123
October 17th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Looking back on all the RP's this one was truly the most epic.

"It was an end to the night that no one anticipated.

Security footage shown to the 5 surviving members of the forum showed everything that transpired in the massive graveyard between the Ville and Ascension Parish. Two men approached each other... One facing the Camera was easily identifiable as the late "Chris"... the other it could easily be told was Cole MacGrath but he always faced away from the camera so we did not discern his true identity. The two seemed to face off for what seemed like an eternity until suddenly Chris lunged at Cole, who already had his weapon drawn and his arms were surging with electricity.

The rest happened in a matter of moments...

Cole dodged rolled left out of the way of the psychotic Chris who had now drawn a blade and was doing everything in his power to drive it into Cole's skull. Cole gripped his Amp* firmly and charged straight at Chris. Lightning sparked from Cole's hands as a bolt flew through the air and knocked Chris off balance causing him to drop his blade... Cole quickly closed the gap and 3 struck Chris with 3 blows in quick succession, the last of which sending him flying into a nearby bench.

Two figures then emerged from the shadows, helping Chris up to his feet. The three robed figures then all charge at Cole at once!

Cole stood his ground, he dropped his amp and focused his electricity through his hands... He had faced reapers all day long in Empire City and knew just what it would take to send them down for good. The Camera didn't see anything but Cole look as if he pushed thin air, yet all three assailants were pushed back tens of meters... while they wreathed in pain on the ground Cole approached Chris and put his hand on his head. It looked as if Cole was draining the very life out of Chris as when he ripped his hand away from his skull, there was a flash of light and then nothing... Chris lay motionless on the floor obviously dead.

The other two men with him simultaenously gripped their heads in splitting anguish. Without a leader to control their minds the toxin overcame them and sent them into a sever psychotic episode. They both pulled knives out of their pockets and repeatedly stabbed themself in the head... trying to silence the voices once and for all...

Cole still didn't face the camera, instead he dragged all 3 bodies in perfect view of the camera and made the heads face up... it was then the 5 remaining members of the forum saw the two other assailants were Jesse and Alan.

When they thought that was done, they were wrong. Cole came back into the camera's field of view a short time later. He was carrying the body of Thomas who had a giant ice shard sticking out of his chest... Even throughout this terror, Vermaak 88 are still murdering innocent lives in their bid to take over New Marais.

Cole then, again without looking, pointed his hand towards the Camera and shot a bolt of lighting, knocking it out completely.

None of the 5 members of the forum stirred...

They knew someone else had to die today...

Who was it going to be?"

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
October 17th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Yes, Elixir likes to have fun with his themes and add in a bit of comical value. Rev does very heavily grimdark which sticks to the core theme of Mafia.

TheJackofSpades
October 17th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I definitely couldn't. I sent in an order to kill Jesse the night the Cult Leader died but Elixir said I couldn't kill my own Mafia teammates.

Well then I'm even more certain that Fred's choice to lynch Jerry was a bad idea.

Elixir
October 17th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I'll be moving this in 2-3 hours so FM7 can start.

Deathfire123
October 17th, 2011, 09:12 PM
lastly, this is what I shouldve posted when I apologized to Jack

Mod Edit: This is a pony free zone

Illidan
October 17th, 2011, 10:38 PM

9 PM CEST today (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=October+18%2C+9+pm+CEST)

You will be able to do it in FMVII